Maxis [WATA] Unifi or Maxis 10MB, Please suggest one

Jojacos
post Mar 22 2014, 12:13 PM

QUOTE(mochachoke @ Jan 22 2014, 12:25 PM)
I just applied my Unifi for my 2nd house.... The contractor offer me 10Mbps with no hypptv for RM 148... But they dont advertise on anyi media..... So better use this than Crappy maxis fiber
Interesting, anybody know more info on this?

Already have 2 astro lines in my house and don't need another IPtV. Don't want Maxis broadband as well due to very poor complaints.
babygrand123
post Apr 2 2014, 09:53 AM

662 posts

I just applied my Unifi for my 2nd house.... The contractor offer me 10Mbps with no hypptv for RM 148... But they dont advertise on anyi media..... So better use this than Crappy maxis fiber
Bro how come u can get better offer i thought it was standard across all over boleh land for unifi 5MB is RM148 but yours is 10MB.

I planning to get Unifi and scare to get Maxis fiber since too many unhappy Maxis user in this forum. Please advice and thanks
fihir
post Apr 2 2014, 10:04 AM

38 posts

In certain housing locations, Streamyx speed is better than Unifi...
I supposed the greater subsribers number in one area determined the broadband speed...
GHOSTVIC
post May 8 2014, 01:42 AM

369 posts

Hi friends need you guys feedback...

ok just today I thought of having broadband connection and again after 5 years internetless at home. Once I hav consulted with roadside unifi promoter when he checked my address he said mine is commercial area shop lot and falls under business package category so I just drop the interest. ..

then after so long again I simply checked in kepong tmpoint explained my situation and got the same feedback. Since mine is shoplot where my address directly says shophouse so only can subscribe biZpackage. No way to get residential.

Then today I went to titiwangsa tmpoint brought all my water bill electric bills my 2009 telekom bill to show the evidence. For you guys info mine is 1 story shoplot where ground floor used for business and 1st floor is rent by us. Both ground and 1st floor has individual separate water and electricity meters. So ground floor kadar is higher for both water and electric compare 1st floor which is residential rates... even my old telekom bill at 1st floor charged in residential rate. Even my astro bills for 1st floor is residential rate.

so I explained all this to titiwangsa tmpoint officer and they reluctant to listen my logics. Keep saying the address in system shows shoplot and its commercial and only can subscribe bizpackage. Its so ridiculous imagine ground floor diff user and 1st floor diff user dont tell... he asking me back how if ground floor biz owner's workers staying upstairs ? So he said unifi management is diff than syabas and tnb...

as long address shows commercial area only biz package provided.. it looks damn stupid.. the price way expensive for example 10mbps.. biz package is rm289 with no iptv.. residential is 199 with iptv... dont expect a resident with no business background rent 1st floor only option for unifi is biz package.. its utterly stupid arrangement...

TM UNIFI fixed it and gaining money on this.. they should set separately ground floor for bizpackage and 1st floor for residents... like syabas tnb and astro..... and the officer can say there are thousand cases like mine where staying at shoplots not able to get residential UNIFI package due to this stupid law...

then later after tht incident I straight went to klcc MAXIS to enquire about maxis home fiber optic.. surprisingly when they check my address they said I can fix residential package 10mbps rm148... then I told them about UNIFI sick law he was laughing said even business user allowed to hav maxis residential package.. they dont hav the restrictions. .

I asked about astro 10mbs with astro iptv.. he informed better take iptv with 20mbps to avoid lagging issues in 10mbps iptv..
what about p2p downloading is it allowed in maxis fiber connection ? Torrents ?

What I dont understand is if maxis sharing TM fiber backbone where fiber cable lay out by TM Technician and internal setup by MAXIS technician.. so in what condition their speed or performance differentiated apart from the package given like with and without iptv.. for 10mbps residential unifi is 199 with additional iptv channel.. maxis is 148..
if backbone is TM.. fix maxis having connection issue than unifi most likely will have same shit right ?
if backbone is TM.. their infra but maxis can offer residential package where unifi only bizpackage for my address. ..

What the heck...

So now my only option is MAXIS FIBER OPTIC 10MBPS RM148...

I need you guys opinion..

This post has been edited by GHOSTVIC: May 8 2014, 02:12 AM
bloods33k3r
post May 15 2014, 11:17 AM

Unifi for me........
Hardcore Gamer 100
post Jun 13 2015, 11:38 AM

For gaming, don't choose Maxis Fibre as it is cranky.Its just a waste of money applying on Maxis. I play Dota 2 and just happened to lag and disconnect.Bravo Maxis
!!

popice2u
post Jun 18 2015, 07:44 AM

1,264 posts

Unifi got 10Mbps with no hypptv for RM148?
If yes pls. PM me for details
queenc
post Jun 18 2015, 07:45 AM

~GGMU~
1,853 posts

woah unifi 148 with no hypp tv.
that is nice.

lim47
post Jun 18 2015, 09:04 AM

1,096 posts

I also want this package.. PM for details? icon_idea.gif
TSchristina1
post Jun 18 2015, 10:20 AM

Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
1,998 posts

QUOTE(lim47 @ Jun 18 2015, 09:04 AM)
I also want this package.. PM for details? icon_idea.gif
Dont think so there is such offer...
OvenBaked
post Jun 18 2015, 03:18 PM

Hurricane
726 posts

mind pm me the contractor number brows.gif
popice2u
post Jun 18 2015, 03:36 PM

1,264 posts

The one that is official is this........

TM To Introduce New Unifi 10mbps Package This July With Monthly Fee Of RM179
chinyeesiang
post Oct 2 2015, 01:03 AM

39 posts

unifi or maxis agent here , any enquiries u can whatsapp / call me ( ZAC ) 0173356288. i will kindly assists you =)

13 Pages « < 11 12 13Top

0.0186sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:22 PM