Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My first home property investment: Flora Damansara, Advise, Feedback, & Comments? Investment

views

Dern
post May 15 2012, 02:08 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(Backkom @ May 15 2012, 01:18 PM)
it is still a news, seriously. dont be like those cases (as usual people are people being greedy) where they expect things like LRT got go through those places but in the end didnt, ending up the people cant sell out, in fact got loses)
Dern
post Jun 21 2012, 10:09 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 09:06 PM)
LOL... I've applied with over 6 banks. Two approved, and out of the two 1 last min did not want to give the letter. Currently waiting for 1 more approves loan.

Reasons given to me...
1) I'm too young (I'm 23)
2) property has become low end flats
3) A lot of people kena bank lelong

Hopefully with this shift the loans for this place will be much easier to obtained.
im not sure why age has something to do with this, but you have job right ?

2 & 3 is true...and im not being very negative or complaining. think it this way, maybe there's a silver lining ?
Dern
post Jun 21 2012, 10:48 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 10:33 PM)
I did not mark up the price at all. I bought a corner unit, and it's really not easy to get a loan. Truly disappointing when one after another rejects and it's been delaying the whole process more than a month already!

I have a job with 3K income, minus off EPF & Tax, RM2650 left. Car loan of RM615, and I'd like to apply for 80% loan. But so far the rejection is very disappointing.

However, from what the bank agents are telling me.. this only happens for corner units. Some bankers told me they did process successfully 850sf units for RM160k / 90% loan.

Honestly, it's very tiring. Really hoping that my last bank does not go down on me again like Maybank did after making me wait 3 weeks and telling me approved but last min tell me they don't want to give the letter.

I really really hope things goes smoothly soon before I stuck pulling out my hair waiting for loan approvals.
relax, the economy is really not good anymore. the bank, govern by bank negara has been very strict on the loans for the good of young people. they dont approve for a reason of course. scared later lelong again the unit hehehe. so, loan now is no longer easy. this is an indication of the economy situation.

Added on June 21, 2012, 10:49 pm
QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 21 2012, 10:39 PM)
it shud be block f.  U can see some slabs slanted abit since day 1 block f was completed.

where to see - b3 carpark, while walking to the lifts.  but if u just moved in, u wont know.

how banks know? because this news appeared in paper b4 and by virtue of u asking me where the water is flowing, it clearly shows u r not first batch fdians
thanks for the info, and the pictures too ! heheheh

you sold off your unit, but u still go there ?

This post has been edited by Dern: Jun 21 2012, 10:49 PM
Dern
post Jun 23 2012, 05:03 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Jun 23 2012, 01:21 AM)
Why do you answer like that, it's hard to quote lol. Is the approach road really four lanes? it looks like it would just about fit one bus smile.gif and it is still unlighted though.

http://www.cbd.com.my/property/12721/flora-damansara-apt

Flora Damansara End Lot, Rm129k.

http://www.jefferylam.com/2010/03/31/flora...rdana-for-rent/

Block D, Rm88K.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylistin...artment_ForSale

Rm150k furnished

http://www.malaysiaproperty2u.com/o2/for-s...-f-124k-165.htm

Block F Rm124k semi-furnished.

But you're right about a lot of things, I can't live there much because of the smell from the sewerage plant near it. Also the dirt and decay, the neglect (it's a bit sad to see it.) I was there during a thunderstorm, it was sad to see all the shops leaking and the signs that say "toilet not working - no water". All the rubbish in the corridors, the lack of lighting, the smell. I seriously can't imagine not being able to flush.

But that's just me. I know there are people who are comfortable living in the jungle, and there are people who are going to look at the mess this place is in (I'm untidy lol) and wonder how I live this way. There are also people who live in huge castles with aircondtioning on all the time, wall-to-wall carpeting, a world-class chef in a dining area the size of a small restaurant, clothes that are always clean etc. who probably wonder how I live in this pigsty. But I like it, it's comfortable.

I suppose they not understanding how I can live here, is sort of like me not understanding how anyone can live there, or how anyone can live in the jungle. People adapt and then they look down on others because somehow, living in the jungle is considered worse than living in a concrete box tongue.gif

I wouldn't pay Rm180K for that, but that's not to say that anyone else wouldn't have thought it worth the price. Maybe they see what I don't. I only see the bags of rubbish and the awful smell, and the lack of lighting. And not being able to flush and being stuck in the lift. I see people that will not change their habits, even if the place changed.

I lived for a time in a rural area, squat toilets, thin foam mattress for a bed. It was (and is) much healthier than the bed I sleep in now. It was great in many ways, I could see the stars because there were no streetlights, I could see the sun set over the horizon. The roads were dirty and potholed, but the air was clean and nights were almost magic, with the air and the all the stars.

And yet, the longer I stayed there, the more I felt like a fake, like I didn't belong there. I wish I did though. It wasn't a bad place to stay.

That letter is five years old, and since then what has changed?
it's not whether you live there comfortably or not, but to stay in unhygienic place is an unseen danger. and that is a main thing in any development. I see that some people here reacted negatively for a rm180K for whatever sqft, I think they have valid reasons. besides, after looking at their points, somehow when i visit this development, I will be more conscious to notice certain things(yes it is true), which you might not notice should some of the forumers here dont said it. so bravo to some of them. their words are indeed correct, and not slandering or anything. so for that, if anyone here thinks rm180K for those units are cheap, be my guest to buy...afterall, the money is yours smile.gif

but my personal opinion, this developments has far more cleaning up to be done before the owners can even ask for rm180K. it may be nearby to Ikea or mutiara damansara, but it just feels so lack of hygiene...with the upcoming economic uncertainty, selling at rm180K is just totally off.
Dern
post Jun 27 2012, 01:11 AM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(brother love @ Jun 27 2012, 01:03 AM)
Rm180k for Flora Damansara?? Talk about being ripped off....the agent and seller must be smiling non stop....there r some future concerns and issues on the sellability but im not liable to disclose them here...some parties r trying to push up the prices and promote this place as good investment
huh ? after reading the post by some of the forumers here, it is obvious, isnt it ? rm180K is really not worth it for FD...and Im saying this not because I want the people to be influenced by the words in forum here and then lower down the price so that I can buy..(yes, people in this forum do says this out to another forumer, which I think is over creative) Im saying this because, it is very simple.

Open your eyes when you visit FD. simple as that...
Dern
post Jun 27 2012, 01:18 AM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(brother love @ Jun 27 2012, 01:15 AM)
The fact that the buyer applied with 6 banks, and only two bother to approve, and one back out, indicates the investment potential of this area....do u think easy for potential buyers to buy next time, with so many banks reluctant to do?? And pls, for renting, in this price range, wat kinda of reliable renters u could get?
who apply with 6 banks ?
Dern
post Jun 27 2012, 10:43 AM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 27 2012, 08:38 AM)
Lol. I really do find this thread amusing. It's like one whole Hong Kong drama.

Honestly, the prices RM140k (850sf) / RM180k (1080sf) is the standard prices for FD at the moment. That being said, it much easier to get loan for the RM140k (850sf) as compared to the RM180k (1080sf) as the property is valued around 140k regardless.

I think the fact that we can see growth in the past few months in FD is a good sign. I think one thing which pekanmy has been constantly bringing up is... What can we do to improve the place? and that's what we want to see as well.

Pekanmy, any idea what time and where will the AGM be? It would be nice to sit in during the AGM.
it's not hong kong drama. it's the reluctant of owners to admit it, from what I read the overall picture. honestly, anyone who already own FD will not admit on the "uncommercialness" of FD and prefer the price to be raised year on year quickly(that's call greed) smile.gif it's a simple logic.

This post has been edited by Dern: Jun 27 2012, 10:44 AM
Dern
post Jun 27 2012, 02:41 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 27 2012, 11:00 AM)
I think everyone is just telling what they think. Owner or ppl who buy it of coz think this prop is good then only buy. If that's the case, of coz they are saying +ve thing about the prop. But I notice that many ppl here kept thinking that those owner trying to cover the -ve stories of FD just to raised the price of FD.
Well, may be you are correct, I'm not the worm in their stomach so cant tell you exactly what they are thinking. But do try 1 thing. Go into any of the thread like "XXX" and comment that "XXX is a nasty place". As long as there is owner, I am sure your comment will get challenge. Normal reflex from owner.  tongue.gif

I am personally not an owner. But I been to the place few times just to see the environment. Forum comment are just for reference. Always go to the place to see the real thing and decide by yourself.

Chill..... Discuss but don't fight. We are Malaysian. We muhibah....
im just stating a comment, please dont simply interpret as "fight". not just owners, agents as well.

Added on June 27, 2012, 2:42 pm
QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 27 2012, 01:35 PM)
Like that don't want sell my unit ad lo.  laugh.gif

Added on June 27, 2012, 1:38 pm

Malaysian like to fight. Haha.
i thought you dont want to sell long time ago ? shocking.gif

This post has been edited by Dern: Jun 27 2012, 02:42 PM
Dern
post Jun 28 2012, 01:57 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 27 2012, 10:11 PM)
Got few units. Sold one last week. Too much commitment ad.
oh too much commitment ? aiks, last time say cant sell, if price too low will rent out ? hmm.gif

i mean FD is precious mah to the investors there. brows.gif

Added on June 28, 2012, 1:58 pm
QUOTE(cloner @ Jun 27 2012, 10:51 PM)
alvin kor got 850sf units to sell or not? i wanna buy  rclxm9.gif
wah congrats, you already made decision to buy FD.

This post has been edited by Dern: Jun 28 2012, 01:58 PM
Dern
post Jun 28 2012, 07:22 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 28 2012, 07:19 PM)
Looking for new area to buy.  wink.gif Hope all goes well.

Since got people offer with reasonable price. Sell only lo.  laugh.gif

Not saying FD is not good just saying want to explore new places.  rclxm9.gif
you know, god knows ler brows.gif
Dern
post Jun 28 2012, 10:24 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 28 2012, 10:01 PM)
God know what ?
you ask God lah, Im not God biggrin.gif
Dern
post Jul 8 2012, 05:57 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

the tasik sure looks like got kulat growing in it :S even when the development already finish it would be by 5 years...by then, doubt if the view is still nice.

This post has been edited by Dern: Jul 8 2012, 05:57 PM
Dern
post Jul 8 2012, 11:35 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jul 8 2012, 11:16 PM)
This is from propwall
Investment wise, the price of Pelangi Damansara has not escalated much in years, but its rental rate has hiked a little bit. There are too many drawbacks possessed, and some residents claimed that they rather stay at low-cost flats nearby or Flora Damansara for better living experience.

You know how much is the asking price for Pelangi? Rm300 to Rm390 prf, Flora asking price is Rm130 to Rm200 psf
Now, my new neighbor smile.gif , a 23 years old with 3k salary after doing some research (please read the first post in this forum) decided to invest in Flora. Is it a good investment? You tell me and Dern, don't ask me to ask GOD.
i still dont think it's a good investment to be frank. this place is dirty unsure.gif
Dern
post Jul 9 2012, 12:16 AM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jul 8 2012, 11:44 PM)
Yes it is very dirty mad.gif .  Will take this up in AGM, thanks.
my friend, i dont mean to be racist, but the effort to make it clean is worthless because of the low cost. what im trying to say is maybe you can enforce it, then maybe the place might be clean, but it is temporary. it will come back, that is why the value is impossible to go up.
Dern
post Jul 15 2012, 05:22 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(22222222 @ Jul 13 2012, 04:38 PM)
Brother, r u sure OCBC give loan to FD?  hmm.gif

and oso which branch of PBB give bank value to 200k?

Please enlighten me.  brows.gif
i think those that give out loan is want to fulfill their target. in general, dont think majority banks will give out loans from what I know of. this is a true thing, not trying to bring down the property value or whatsoever.
Dern
post Aug 18 2012, 10:24 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

oh man, this news really get the creeps out of me. sorry, but this one happens in the low cost one or middle cost one ?
Dern
post Aug 18 2012, 10:35 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

mmmmmm, the opening building to FD.
Dern
post Aug 24 2012, 12:54 AM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(worgen @ Aug 23 2012, 11:26 PM)
You are the lucky one. The purchaser might be Dern or Mrchipsley.. tongue.gif
You are really HouLanSaiLei..   tongue.gif
oooo, looks like miss worgen has nothing else to do except with her pathethic dern/chipsley pathethic jokes.

houlansailei, some people are shy to buy FD as there are many comments here, so she has to use me as an excuse to show to you still got people buy even though there's bad comments. usualy, people who say such comments, she's the one doing this wink.gif

you that free these days ? no customer already ? poor you. dont get depress easily ya. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Dern: Aug 24 2012, 12:55 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    0.23    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:35 PM