Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My first home property investment: Flora Damansara, Advise, Feedback, & Comments? (Investment)

lilac
post May 14 2012, 10:25 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Working for about a year full time now, my salary has finally reached RM3,000.00. Minus away EPF, and Tax and I'm left with RM2625 and after paying for my car loan, I'm only left with RM2000. It may not be much but I wanted to start somewhere knowing that my parents first bought their property at Damansara Utama at RM130,000 and now has a sale value of RM700,000. It was not about making money out of it (although if I could it would be good!) but I wanted to buy a property before it goes any higher!

user posted image

Being under Budget
First up was the Budget I had. Looking at my current situation I could only afford a RM800-1000 loan at most and at that rate I could only get a property at most RM200,000. Viewing a whole lot of properties ranging from Sungai Buluh to Ara Damansara, I wanted something located in Petaling Jaya for the sake that it was closer to home and well... shopping malls. I finally spotted Flora Damansara.

The Flora Damansara Experience
I remember taking a drive there the first time without contacting any property agents to view any units. I enjoyed the drive in until lorries and holes started appearing around the construction areas. As I reached the Flora Damansara entrance, it's sign was covered with shrubs and cars were parked scattered all around! Reaching Block A, I remember telling myself "This is crap! I'm out of here!" and quickly drove off at the end of Block C.

I left disappointed with what I thought to be prime land in Petaling Jaya.

Not being able to find any other properties in that area within my budget, I did my study more on Flora Damansara. Dang! It seemed like a hell hole! With water and electricity being cut, foreigners playground and worse of all I had to google "Flora Damansara Ghost" which lead me to a post in Lowyat.net claiming that Block E & F has ghost sightings after 11pm. Crap.

Despite all that "Crap" I decided to call a property agent and check out a unit. That brought me for the very first time up to Block F & H where I immediately notice a change in atmosphere. It was not as rowdy as the Block A, B, and C but was definitely not heavenly. It felt very much more Kampung-Homey feel. The small mini-market at the bottom of Flora Damansara gave me a little pinch of my childhood as I purchased a "Ice Cream Potong" from them. I told myself "It's not so bad..." despite the horrible double-parking, vandalized wall, stolen life buttons and broken CCTVs.

What really changed my mind was after getting out of the lift at the 22nd floor. Wow! What a view! It was breezy and the view was amazing! Put together with a dizzling weather, I could have thought I went up a trip to Frasers Hill!

I got into a 850sf unit and I loved the layout as it was long and seem spacious! What I loved most about it was the morning sun view coming up on top of the mountains it faced and the amazing night view of the highway.

I decided to buy a unit there.

user posted image

The Bad
I met a couple from Penang there of which was very friendly. I asked them about the security in the area and they told me their concerns:-

1) Lots of foreigners
A lot of Africans stay there and their lifestyle does not seem to fit that well with us Asians. On my part, I've met both good and bad Africans, but my personal tipping point would be when I had an experience where I was nearly run down by a drunk African few years back. Not that I would like to generalize, but I just feel safer around Malaysians you can say.

user posted image

2) Poorer Residence
As quoted "There a lot of people who steal things here", and I could see that very clearly. From grills, to elevator buttons to even pipes! This raised a security alarm in my head. I even viewed a home with 14 students living in a 850sf unit. Dang!

3) Poor built quality
I think MK Land contractors must really be having a lot of fun building this place just to see the awkward faces of the home buyers. The tiles were poorly made in Block F, while Block H higher floors where much better made as compared to the lower floor. There seem to be not much of a consistency between each unit built and I would highly encourage you to view the unit inside out before deciding on the purchase.

user posted image

4) Bad History
Being made famous over the number of issues where waters were cut due to the management not paying the bill. Same goes with electricity. Honestly... who would want to climb up 24 flights of stairs to reach their home at night without electric! I know I would not!

The Better
The couple also mentioned to me "We like it here. It's not like the outside where it's busy and stressful, it's simple here!"

1) Stores at the bottom
I enjoyed my Ice Cream Potong! The stores at the bottom gave me a sense of community where people would go down there despite race or class. There restaurants, laundry, mechanics, cyber cafes, mini marts and even tailors down there which almost guarantees you not needing to leave Flora Damansara.

2) Friendly residence
Other than having a lot of students and foreigners there, the people and families living there are truly friendly. As mentioned, there is this sense of community there which you can rarely find in cities.

3) Cheap
Where on frigging Petaling Jaya can you find a property going from RM160,000 (850sf) - RM200,000 (1080sf)!?

4) New Management
After all the bad press Flora Damansara has been getting throughout the years, Flora Damansara now has a new management which committees are mainly residence of Flora Damansara themselves. It's good to hear that the swimming pool will be back in usable condition in a month or two and that action to better the place is slowly but gradually starting to take place.

5) Location
Once more, where on frigging Petaling Jaya can you find a property at this price and just a 5min drive from The Curve, Ikano, Tesco, and 1Utama? Plus! Put together an astonishing view at night!

5) The Amazing View
I shall attempt not to repeat myself but Flora Damansara really does have an amazing view. At Block H, you can literary see Genting at night. At Block F, you get to see 1 Utama and The Curve which promises a beautiful New Year's Eve.

The Future
I think one of my biggest concerns was the future of this place and would I end up losing money in the first property I've decided to invest in. I did some homework or at least what I assume to be right.

Good to know that Flora Damansara will be getting 3 new multistory car parks and a beautification at Block A, B and C due to the projects in the neighbourhood. I sure hope this is will be maintained once completed.

user posted image

1) Empire City & Empire Damansara
Once more Damansara's name poised to bring in giants. Two major Empires will be moving in beside Flora Damansara.

2) Forest Hill Damansara
Semi-D's and Banglos starting at the price of RM2mil to 3mil has started being developed at the end of Flora Damansara (after Block C where it has been walled off). I believe this has pushed the facelift to be made so that Forest Hill Damansara would have a proper road to enter instead of a pile of double parked cars.

3) Taylors Lakeside
Mainly said as rumours that Taylor may be building a lakeside campus once more at the pond beside Block F, this could pose as a good source of rental if more "higher end" students start moving in.

user posted image

I know this is a very long write up. Took me a good 45min to write this, but to summarize this all, I guess my question here would be -

What are your thoughts in investing in Flora Damansara?
Is there a future for this place?

Being my first property purchase, it would be great if any Sifu could help give me some feedback or comments. Hence... here's my cry for help. HELP!!!

This post has been edited by lilac: Jan 27 2013, 07:36 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rachel_xxx
post May 14 2012, 10:47 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

wow very detail. made me interested as well
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
kbandito
post May 14 2012, 10:54 PM

Enthusiast

maintenance of high rises is VERY important for value-keeping to the least.
IMHO, i don't see why walk-up apartments in BSD won't be more expensive than flora in the next 5-10 years.
+Quote Post
runflat
post May 14 2012, 10:58 PM

sad to disappoint u, but the truth is this entire place is like a hustler town.

y?

1. too many units, i cant rem the figure but while passing the 1.60 ldp toll, u look at it, it scares u.

2. no seperation for low cost i.e. block a & b, low-medium cost block d & e and med cost f,g & h. only 1 road leading up and down. road condition like 'kau sai' forever.

3. Never ending water disruption.

list goes on. U been there, you should know smile.gif

doesnt matter whats coming up around it, empire? pjtc? crest builder? altium? this project is at the far end of all these developments.

argument - for rental? yes - possible rm 750 - 800 for empty 850sf medium cost apt.

for cap appreciation? developer selling $ was 118k (with 1 carpark) back in 2000. 850sf med cost apt. now bank only gives valuation for 130k. 12k over 12yrs.. go figure icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
Sikit2JadiBukit
post May 14 2012, 11:05 PM

Persistent Investment

Welldone lilac, hope you'll buy more & more prop in the future.
+Quote Post
axis_lua
post May 14 2012, 11:49 PM

On my way

taylor ar? i got news that its not taylor though and you might be surprise what it is biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
nepguga
post May 15 2012, 12:28 AM

Regular

How can the sale value be 700k now? -,-!!
+Quote Post
rachel_xxx
post May 15 2012, 11:12 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(nepguga @ May 15 2012, 12:28 AM)
How can the sale value be 700k now? -,-!!
700k is for his parents property la at D.U.
+Quote Post
cranx
post May 15 2012, 11:21 AM

Regular

affordability wise ok. location good.
investment for rental yield perhaps, capital appreciation i doubt it will be significant.
buying for own stay is a big no.

i like your review, can consider starting a blog and do similar reviews for other condos in KV.
+Quote Post
airline
post May 15 2012, 12:14 PM

7 stars

Where u get the news Taylor's will be here
If yes, next time got good rental
+Quote Post
Backkom
post May 15 2012, 01:18 PM

Casual

QUOTE(airline @ May 15 2012, 12:14 PM)
Where u get the news Taylor's will be here
If yes, next time got good rental
Googled and found this:
http://www.horlic.com/taylors-university-n...iara-damansara/
+Quote Post
my44
post May 15 2012, 01:55 PM

Regular

I love this review.

It's not about sharing how you bought The Troika at the age 18 with some help from your rich parents. This is about how you came to realisation that buying property should start early and will be a stepping stone to work your way up.

Some here who has countless properties in KLCC and Bukit Bintang will baulk upon seeing the condo condition. But I totally get what you are trying to convey. Even many in your position of monthly income wouldn't bother to think like you did. Kudos.

Keep it up bro!

This post has been edited by my44: May 15 2012, 01:56 PM
+Quote Post
airline
post May 15 2012, 02:05 PM

7 stars

May I ask 130k 850sq feet more details please?
Car parks, furnishing, rental

But price ok to me
+Quote Post
potenza10
post May 15 2012, 02:06 PM

Enthusiast

Good price for Flora Damansara.
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 15 2012, 02:07 PM

Enthusiast

well done lilac. good to know u went to that place, view the unit and get to know the details of the area and prop. kudos to u. as many taiko here will say. few issue with Flora Damansara which i dun wan to repeat it from other taiko point of view.

since u like something nearby, why not consider some other condo nearby. maybe Ritz Perdana 1 or maybe a bit further, Plaza Medan Putra which is located in Manjalara. no doubt u need to pay RM 1.6 toll but the toll is not there forever. you might need to do more research and not limit to 1 particular area. sometimes you'll find something better.

anyway, keep up the good work. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dern
post May 15 2012, 02:08 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Backkom @ May 15 2012, 01:18 PM)
it is still a news, seriously. dont be like those cases (as usual people are people being greedy) where they expect things like LRT got go through those places but in the end didnt, ending up the people cant sell out, in fact got loses)
+Quote Post
yankicip
post May 15 2012, 02:08 PM

Casual

I am not very familiar with this areas but when i try to put "flora damansara " in iproperty. I saw very long list sales listing.

If so many people wanted to sell it. Can I say no no buy?
+Quote Post
awh85
post May 15 2012, 02:22 PM

Look at all my Honey Stars

who is gonna do a review for Venice Hill now? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
runflat
post May 15 2012, 02:30 PM

QUOTE(airline @ May 15 2012, 02:05 PM)
May I ask 130k 850sq feet more details please?
Car parks, furnishing, rental

But price ok to me
130k is for the med cost blocks i.e. e, f & h.

try to go for block h as its the newest block.

what u get is bare 850sf unit and 1 covered carpark. 2+1r 2b

expect rental to be between 700 to 800, depending on level, condition and etc.

gd luck!

This post has been edited by runflat: May 15 2012, 02:31 PM
+Quote Post
simply red
post May 15 2012, 02:57 PM

There's nothing close to Flora price within the radius of 50km (except Lagoon Perdana). Rits Perdana 1, Plaza Medan Putra are all above 200k.

For people from lower income group looking for a property, I guess that's the only choice.

Investor point of view:
- it is the benchmark for cheapest property in PJ, the next cheapest property is above 200k
- easy to rent out with 6-7% return (basic unit)
- close to major highways, shopping malls
- Bank value RM160,000.00

Just a share of tots!

This post has been edited by simply red: May 15 2012, 02:59 PM
+Quote Post
lynforum
post May 15 2012, 03:20 PM

Milky Way

ritz & medan putra isn't jz 'above 200k', it is > 250k -) quite a big diff

Added on May 15, 2012, 3:21 pmLilac, good job. Keep in up on ur prop investment!

This post has been edited by lynforum: May 15 2012, 03:21 PM
+Quote Post
lilac
post May 15 2012, 10:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(rachel_xxx @ May 14 2012, 10:47 PM)
wow very detail. made me interested as well
Thanks rachel_xxx! Good to hear that my write up gave you some interest smile.gif

Added on May 15, 2012, 10:54 pm
QUOTE(kbandito @ May 14 2012, 10:54 PM)
maintenance of high rises is VERY important for value-keeping to the least.
IMHO, i don't see why walk-up apartments in BSD won't be more expensive than flora in the next 5-10 years.
Maintenance is really an issue here in Flora Damansara tho. I really do hope they buck up.

You're right. Actually I've checked out some BSD areas as well. Some slightly over my budget as well.. and by the looks of it BSD could really grow at the rate they are putting the title "Damansara" everywhere.

Added on May 15, 2012, 10:56 pm
QUOTE(runflat @ May 14 2012, 10:58 PM)
sad to disappoint u, but the truth is this entire place is like a hustler town.

y?

1. too many units, i cant rem the figure but while passing the 1.60 ldp toll, u look at it, it scares u.

2. no seperation for low cost i.e. block a & b, low-medium cost block d & e and med cost f,g & h.  only 1 road leading up and down. road condition like 'kau sai' forever.

3. Never ending water disruption.

list goes on. U been there, you should know smile.gif

doesnt matter whats coming up around it, empire? pjtc? crest builder? altium? this project is at the far end of all these developments.

argument - for rental? yes - possible rm 750 - 800 for empty 850sf medium cost apt.

for cap appreciation?  developer selling $ was 118k (with 1 carpark) back in 2000. 850sf med cost apt. now bank only gives valuation for 130k.  12k over 12yrs.. go figure  icon_question.gif
Do correct me if I'm wrong but Forest Hill Damansara will be behind Flora Damansara. Hence they are currently forcing to build a better entrance for Flora Damansara. Once more... I can't say if it'd be maintained or even be there but I'll keep my fingers crossed smile.gif

Added on May 15, 2012, 10:56 pm
QUOTE(Sikit2JadiBukit @ May 14 2012, 11:05 PM)
Welldone lilac, hope you'll buy more & more prop in the future.
Thanks Sikit2JadiBukit, I sure hope this prop goes well. I'll have to live on a tight budget this coming year after the purchase.

Added on May 15, 2012, 10:58 pm
QUOTE(axis_lua @ May 14 2012, 11:49 PM)
taylor ar? i got news that its not taylor though and you might be surprise what it is biggrin.gif
Ahh.. as I PMed you earlier as well. Thanks for informing that Empire also bought the land to build a new high end condo. At the same time, I heard that kinda before the Taylors stories came about. I'm honestly do not know which is true, but either way... It's good to know at least there are some development there.

Added on May 15, 2012, 10:59 pm
QUOTE(Backkom @ May 15 2012, 01:18 PM)
Yes, it was from an article in The Sun.

Added on May 15, 2012, 11:01 pm
QUOTE(my44 @ May 15 2012, 01:55 PM)
I love this review.

It's not about sharing how you bought The Troika at the age 18 with some help from your rich parents. This is about how you came to realisation that buying property should start early and will be a stepping stone to work your way up.

Some here who has countless properties in KLCC and Bukit Bintang will baulk upon seeing the condo condition. But I totally get what you are trying to convey. Even many in your position of monthly income wouldn't bother to think like you did. Kudos.

Keep it up bro!
Thanks man! I'm sure it's not much but it's all I can afford smile.gif

This post has been edited by lilac: May 15 2012, 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post May 16 2012, 12:06 AM

Talk is Cheap

Great people have same mind with me on seeing Flora's potential. rclxms.gif

I myself grab 4 units there.

Rented 3 and selling 1.

Hoping after Empire City completed, the price can go up.

Also if you want to view my unit, let me know.

I'm meeting Flora's owner to make it livable place. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Alvinyeo: May 16 2012, 12:07 AM
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 16 2012, 12:42 AM

Casual

QUOTE(simply red @ May 15 2012, 02:57 PM)
There's nothing close to Flora price within the radius of 50km (except Lagoon Perdana). Rits Perdana 1, Plaza Medan Putra are all above 200k.

For people from lower income group looking for a property, I guess that's the only choice.

Investor point of view:
- it is the benchmark for cheapest property in PJ, the next cheapest property is above 200k
- easy to rent out with 6-7% return (basic unit)
- close to major highways, shopping malls
- Bank value RM160,000.00

Just a share of tots!
nope, bank value can always differ. it's best to seek property vakluer. why ? because sometimes, some banks who wanted to get business they will simply put in the value of the property(added : simply put in the value here refers to get the value from property valuer party which they have connection with, so more easier to put higher price), hence siding the value that the owner want to sell, which is not the real worthiness of that property. Go to property valuer as they have the data of real transactions. the real price is rm130K, rm160K is the price for the next 2 years....trust me. the property valuer also factor a lot of common issue in the prices(like number of foreigners, amenities efficiency, availability of public transport, accessibility to this apartment and so on), so if you do happen to go and buy from certain banks, usually the branch, then the value is not correct or OVER VALUE. Check from a independent party, it will help.

remember, do you check and VISIT THE PLACE !

This post has been edited by mrchipsley: May 16 2012, 12:50 AM
+Quote Post
humble_tot
post May 16 2012, 12:46 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 16 2012, 12:42 AM)
so if you do happen to go and buy from certain banks, usually the branch, then the value is not correct or OVER VALUE.

remember, do you check and VISIT THE PLACE !
To side track, nothing to do with Flora. Just about bank process. Branch can't do valuation, bank don't do valuation too. The Loan Dept will either get Valuer to advise the market value or use similar tranx to get Open Market Value (OMV). However diff valuer quotes diff amount too, some can have diff of 10%-15% depends on your luck smile.gif
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 16 2012, 12:47 AM

Casual

QUOTE(humble_tot @ May 16 2012, 12:46 AM)
To side track, nothing to do with Flora. Just about bank process. Branch can't do valuation, bank don't do valuation too. The Loan Dept will either get Valuer to advise the market value or use similar tranx to get Open Market Value (OMV). However diff valuer quotes diff amount too, some can have diff of 10%-15% depends on your luck  smile.gif
eerrr, which sentence did i say bank do valuation ? READ PROPERLY!
+Quote Post
humble_tot
post May 16 2012, 12:52 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 16 2012, 12:47 AM)
eerrr, which sentence did i say bank do valuation ? READ PROPERLY!
ok la I blur, chill bro sweat.gif
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 16 2012, 12:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(humble_tot @ May 16 2012, 12:52 AM)
ok la I blur, chill bro  sweat.gif
anyway, when you buy, you must fight for rm130K because this is the CURRENT price, and if you visit the place, you can know why.
+Quote Post
humble_tot
post May 16 2012, 01:09 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 16 2012, 12:55 AM)
anyway, when you buy, you must fight for rm130K because this is the CURRENT price, and if you visit the place, you can know why.
No la I am not buying because its a mixed dev area where they have Low Cost, Not So Low Cost, & Mid Cost Apartment.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 16 2012, 01:20 AM

Casual

QUOTE(humble_tot @ May 16 2012, 01:09 AM)
No la I am not buying because its a mixed dev area where they have Low Cost, Not So Low Cost, & Mid Cost Apartment.
actually, both the low cost & middle cost development are in same area. it's not logic at all to even consider selling rm160K when the low cost beside it is selling like less than rm50K. and since both are in the same compound, so obviously there will be theft in the low cost apt, and obviously the thieves will also "prefer" to go to steal in middle cost apt. so, this leads to insecurity in the middle apt as well. Besides, the low cost rental is so affordable that nigerians, banglas, indons will definitely rent there. this again will change the population of flora damansara.

and to make it worst, water cuts & electricity cuts are still on-going. im really not sure if the electricity cut is going to affect the lift. and the people there have a habit. anything that is outside of their window is a place for them to throw rubbish. Im dead serious. that's why you notice ALL of the compound is DIRTY.

true there are other developments going on, but they are more further away, and they are not yet even finalize of building. You must be joking to hike up price based on something that is even not sure yet. and yes, that's what some of the "dont know how to look at mirror" residents AKA investors are doing. plus all those things above....not to mention the place is not well connected with public transport. the swimming pool is drying, the mini taman all the walls are "black" in colour....

and some of the people dare to even ask you for rm160K. I mean I know properties prices are rising, but sometimes I wish some people have the brain to even look at their own property before asking price. It sounds not nice to hear, but do you think it is nice for purchasers ?

sorry humble, this reply is intended for all not you thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
david_lynn
post May 16 2012, 01:59 AM

Casual

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 15 2012, 12:20 PM)
actually, both the low cost & middle cost development are in same area. it's not logic at all to even consider selling rm160K when the low cost beside it is selling like less than rm50K. and since both are in the same compound, so obviously there will be theft in the low cost apt, and obviously the thieves will also "prefer" to go to steal in middle cost apt. so, this leads to insecurity in the middle apt as well. Besides, the low cost rental is so affordable that nigerians, banglas, indons will definitely rent there. this again will change the population of flora damansara.

and to make it worst, water cuts & electricity cuts are still on-going. im really not sure if the electricity cut is going to affect the lift. and the people there have a habit. anything that is outside of their window is a place for them to throw rubbish. Im dead serious. that's why you notice ALL of the compound is DIRTY.

true there are other developments going on, but they are more further away, and they are not yet even finalize of building. You must be joking to hike up price based on something that is even not sure yet. and yes, that's what some of the "dont know how to look at mirror" residents AKA investors are doing. plus all those things above....not to mention the place is not well connected with public transport. the swimming pool is drying, the mini taman all the walls are "black" in colour....

and some of the people dare to even ask you for rm160K. I mean I know properties prices are rising, but sometimes I wish some people have the brain to even look at their own property before asking price. It sounds not nice to hear, but do you think it is nice for purchasers ?

sorry humble, this reply is intended for all not you  thumbup.gif
ya, actually i also felt that way...the environment is really not up to satisfaction lo. last time went to see, but felt the price is really (again my very humble opinion) not cheap lo. some people say affordable, but do you want to buy a property in such area(may be near to IKEA but inside compund already near to low cost) for such price meh ? the other project development nearby the area actually since last time also already keep saying...many people keep guessing, and because only got development, they quickly hike up the price, agents lah...sigh, the problem for many people. even though got 2 real estate agents got killed, i still felt agents are really terrible people(so money face till make other people suffer). sweet mouth to attract you, when comes to price it is horrendous....and somemore, the quality for Flora Damansara is not good. Ive been inside see both the lower ground units as well as the upper ones. it's the same lo. another way for owners to blind you so that they can hike up the price is they "renovate" their house with cheap renovation ways but say out as "quality" to raise the price...just to let you know, so that future purchasers can inspect properly.
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post May 16 2012, 04:57 PM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 16 2012, 12:55 AM)
For the last 2-3 years price memang at RM100K-130K. You want cut owner at there meh. shakehead.gif

I'm convince most owners to sell at RM150K. Don't spoil market at there.

Added on May 16, 2012, 5:00 pm
QUOTE(david_lynn @ May 16 2012, 01:59 AM)
ya, actually i also felt that way...the environment is really not up to satisfaction lo. last time went to see, but felt the price is really (again my very humble opinion) not cheap lo. some people say affordable, but do you want to buy a property in such area(may be near to IKEA but inside compund already near to low cost) for such price meh ? the other project development nearby the area actually since last time also already keep saying...many people keep guessing, and because only got development, they quickly hike up the price, agents lah...sigh, the problem for many people. even though got 2 real estate agents got killed, i still felt agents are really terrible people(so money face till make other people suffer). sweet mouth to attract you, when comes to price it is horrendous....and somemore, the quality for Flora Damansara is not good. Ive been inside see both the lower ground units as well as the upper ones. it's the same lo. another way for owners to blind you so that they can hike up the price is they "renovate" their house with cheap renovation ways but say out as "quality" to raise the price...just to let you know, so that future purchasers can inspect properly.
Basically, price in Flora really slow since their 1st develop.

Why can't we sell the price as location there selling more than RM300-500 psf. While as Flora less than RM200 psf.

Agents are indeed will oversell their stuff but which salesman won't ? As a owner, they sell my unit good price, i happy.

As buyer, i got my unit in my right price, i happy. Everybody happy. thumbup.gif

Is up to you whether you think is worth a not.

This post has been edited by Alvinyeo: May 16 2012, 05:00 PM
+Quote Post
david_lynn
post May 16 2012, 10:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ May 16 2012, 03:57 AM)
For the last 2-3 years price memang at RM100K-130K. You want cut owner at there meh.  shakehead.gif
- says who ? are you creating your own data ? PLS STOP BS! The price for 3 years ago is memang less than rm100K ! then naik to rm100K++ then
      until last year is rm125K++, I think YOU ARE GREEDY !

- only an idiot like you will be convince !

Added on May 16, 2012, 5:00 pm

Basically, price in Flora really slow since their 1st develop. - OBVIOUSLY, and you should know the reason why.  shakehead.gif

Why can't we sell the price as location there selling more than RM300-500 psf. While as Flora less than RM200 psf.

- YOU ASK WHY ? as if you dont know the real situation in Flora Damansara ?  doh.gif  You go on search for people to rent at rm900 and rm150K....see
      who want to buy from you !

Agents are indeed will oversell their stuff but which salesman won't ? As a owner, they sell my unit good price, i happy.
- yes, they ALWAYS oversell things. that's why people dont like them. but more importantly, since now they like to oversell things, I hope one day
      when economy is not good, i will see what they want to eat !

As buyer, i got my unit in my right price, i happy. Everybody happy.  thumbup.gif

- dont be thick skin, ONLY YOU happy. and everyone else already run away. Even a recent purchaser also agree the price rm150K is high, you say
      things to syiok sendiri. crazy

Is up to you whether you think is worth a not. - Not just me, MOST PEOPLE THINK IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post May 16 2012, 10:48 PM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(david_lynn @ May 16 2012, 10:20 PM)

Most of the comments are personally attacking me.

Without the basic facts to prove that you're right.

I'm not here to discuss personal stuffs regards my skins, greed and ignorance with you.

People have their own perception.

You can't see the potential in it, walk away. Want people to know the place is hell. Go ahead.

Let them judges.

If you don't believe the last transacted price, i dare you to go the management there and ask.

You think i'm making speculation on property price. I'm not a banker nor i own a bank also not a valuer.

My price on what last price is selling. Go ahead, call your banker or valuer. Ask them the last transacted price.

For 850sf of course. If you ask 650sf sure got no value la.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 16 2012, 11:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ May 16 2012, 04:57 PM)
For the last 2-3 years price memang at RM100K-130K. You want cut owner at there meh.  shakehead.gif

wah dont say like that. but it is true one. according to the property valuer, this property has a very slow price hike, and this is due to the reasons which I think many member already state. last time, 3 years back it was less than rm100K, then last year is rm120K loh....or more or less lah.

not spoil the market lah alvin, sometimes you sell you also need to see what you selling. i personally have been to the unit, so I really know what Im talking about. alvin, dunno how to say to you but people who buy sure will do survey one, you talk to those who oppose you as they simply say but actually is not loh. anyhow, I already decided not to buy here....found a better area.

Added on May 16, 2012, 11:05 pm
QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ May 16 2012, 10:48 PM)
Most of the comments are personally attacking me.

- hahaha, nolah. they attack your price, not you.... laugh.gif

Without the basic facts to prove that you're right.

- Alvin, kindly contact property valuer, then only you will get some clue  smile.gif to be polite, actually is the property owners that decided to hike the price
  themselves.

I'm not here to discuss personal stuffs regards my skins, greed and ignorance with you.

People have their own perception.

You can't see the potential in it, walk away. Want people to know the place is hell. Go ahead.

Let them judges.

smile.gif i think many have, that's why many walk away quietly.

If you don't believe the last transacted price, i dare you to go the management there and ask.

- dont need management, property valuer sudah boleh lah  icon_idea.gif any blocks also ada the data.

You think i'm making speculation on property price. I'm not a banker nor i own a bank also not a valuer.

- which is why im here to tell you lahhhhh

My price on what last price is selling. Go ahead, call your banker or valuer. Ask them the last transacted price.

the answer is rm130K. FULL STOP.

For 850sf of course. If you ask 650sf sure got no value la.
This post has been edited by mrchipsley: May 16 2012, 11:05 PM
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post May 16 2012, 11:16 PM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 16 2012, 11:01 PM)

Added on May 16, 2012, 11:05 pm
Why nobody believe me can value at RM160K. doh.gif

Any agents here doing Flora can clarify ?
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 16 2012, 11:24 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ May 16 2012, 11:16 PM)
Why nobody believe me can value at RM160K.  doh.gif

Any agents here doing Flora can clarify ?
i think the max is rm150K, if you got do renovations(that is expensive one yah), other than that rm160K is impossible to achieve. rm160K is considered very expensive already, this is leasehold somemore...how can you simply hike ? it's square feet is not more than 1000 square feet.

i repeat again, of course if you can find bank who can approve loan at rm160K, can. these banks want business, sure they will approve one. but rm160K is not the real value...at least for majority valuers. anyway when you sell at rm130K, you also untung a lot already man.
+Quote Post
my44
post May 16 2012, 11:33 PM

Regular

QUOTE(lilac @ May 15 2012, 10:51 PM)
Thanks man! I'm sure it's not much but it's all I can afford smile.gif
Yeap lilac, the keyword here is affordability. Not everyone is anak datuk.

Btw, what's with the debate here? Seems like very personal. About money and greed summore. LOL. Lari topic lor. TS was sharing on he/she bought a property and look where this is going?
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post May 16 2012, 11:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(my44 @ May 16 2012, 11:33 PM)
Yeap lilac, the keyword here is affordability. Not everyone is anak datuk.

Btw, what's with the debate here? Seems like very personal. About money and greed summore. LOL. Lari topic lor. TS was sharing on he/she bought a property and look where this is going?
This one still ok. There is another flora forum - tat one hot stuff
+Quote Post
feezar25
post May 17 2012, 05:49 AM

Casual

Nice write up.Inspiring..I owned a property in DP too..stayed there for a year and rent it out till now. It has been a cash cow ever since.1st tenant balik modal only (year 2005-2006). Now my 2nd tenant.Positive cash flow.Renewed tenancy with the same tenant in 2009 (rental increase) with no problem.Tenant are happy. Excited to see what Empire and DASH highway would bring to this area.I constantly got agent rang me up (different agent) atleast once a month asking bout my unit.As of now Im still holding it..

Same like u, I bought my property when my salary is 3K back in 2003.Relieved and happy that I decide to purchase that time and just took the plunge..All the best in your quest.As Donald Trump said, 3 important things when buying a prop..Location,Location,Location...

+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 02:37 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(feezar25 @ May 17 2012, 05:49 AM)
Nice write up.Inspiring..I owned a property in DP too..stayed there for a year and rent it out till now. It has been a cash cow ever since.1st tenant balik modal only (year 2005-2006). Now my 2nd tenant.Positive cash flow.Renewed tenancy with the same tenant in 2009 (rental increase) with no problem.Tenant are happy. Excited to see what Empire and DASH highway would bring to this area.I constantly got agent rang me up (different agent) atleast once a month asking bout my unit.As of now Im still holding it..

Same like u, I bought my property when my salary is 3K back in 2003.Relieved and happy that I decide to purchase that time and just took the plunge..All the best in your quest.As Donald Trump said, 3 important things when buying a prop..Location,Location,Location...
great to hear your story. but in my opinion, Location, Location, Location is meant for affordable ppl. in other words, rich ppl. for poorer ppl, it's about price, price, price. the lower the better. smile.gif anyway, Donald Trump isn't always right. smile.gif i don't mind to invest into rural area for a cheaper price. smile.gif just my 2 cents.

Added on May 17, 2012, 2:40 pmlilac, in my opinion, go for something you're comfortable. smile.gif as long as u like FD, then go ahead and buy it. In forum, you can only get advice, advantages and disadvantages of FD. but the person who make decision, still is from you, yourself. last time when i bought a condo, lots of my relatives condemned me for overprice purchase. but what happen is, the price went up and after 5 years, i sold it off and use the gained money as downpayment for my landed property. smile.gif so, in my opinion, if you can afford it and u are comfort with FD, buy it. if appreciate a lot, then maybe you can sell it to get a better place. if depreciate, then you can stay there. smile.gif

This post has been edited by jason_chee: May 17 2012, 02:40 PM
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 17 2012, 02:58 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 02:37 PM)
great to hear your story. but in my opinion, Location, Location, Location is meant for affordable ppl. in other words, rich ppl. for poorer ppl, it's about price, price, price. the lower the better. smile.gif anyway, Donald Trump isn't always right. smile.gif i don't mind to invest into rural area for a cheaper price. smile.gif just my 2 cents.

agree with you. but these days, there are some people also want to make rural area also not affordable wink.gif

Added on May 17, 2012, 2:40 pmlilac, in my opinion, go for something you're comfortable. smile.gif as long as u like FD, then go ahead and buy it. In forum, you can only get advice, advantages and disadvantages of FD. but the person who make decision, still is from you, yourself. last time when i bought a condo, lots of my relatives condemned me for overprice purchase. but what happen is, the price went up and after 5 years, i sold it off and use the gained money as downpayment for my landed property. smile.gif so, in my opinion, if you can afford it and u are comfort with FD, buy it. if appreciate a lot, then maybe you can sell it to get a better place. if depreciate, then you can stay there. smile.gif
true, the decision is still from that person. your relatives might be wrong, but you are lucky to get a buyer maybe ? hehehe.

about the depreciate & appreciate matter, it is a very subjective area. of course in your situation you are lucky.
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 03:25 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 17 2012, 02:58 PM)
true, the decision is still from that person. your relatives might be wrong, but you are lucky to get a buyer maybe ? hehehe.

about the depreciate & appreciate matter, it is a very subjective area. of course in your situation you are lucky.
lucky? hmm... i'm not sure. i did a survey on the prop and confident it will go up as i believe the trend for prop is appreciation. my only question is, a lot or little bit appreciation. but of course, not something like FD. smile.gif yup, my relative is wrong. not once, but twice. smile.gif

in my opinion, even prop in small town also can gain appreciation.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 17 2012, 03:43 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 03:25 PM)
lucky? hmm... i'm not sure. i did a survey on the prop and confident it will go up as i believe the trend for prop is appreciation. my only question is, a lot or little  bit appreciation. but of course, not something like FD. smile.gif yup, my relative is wrong. not once, but twice. smile.gif

in my opinion, even prop in small town also can gain appreciation.
can gain appreciation, i didnt say no. But, not as horrendously quick as what some party might want it to be...seriously.
+Quote Post
feezar25
post May 17 2012, 03:44 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 02:37 PM)

Location,Location,Location does not meant for affordable people only. Thats why there a need to do some study before u make up your mind..same like other investment. Why buy cheap share if u know it cannot grow..

When I bought my prop at DP, that place was nothing..only big hutan (orang asli just move out), the curve/cineleasure/commercial all not there yet..access mainly from LDP (small turn from the main road). No persiaran surian and surian tunnel. Connecting to Kota Damansara by a small road. basically nothing. if u come visit this place 10 years ago, U know what Im talking about. I did a research, ask around, only then I know I will be neighboring mutiara Damansara which will be develop by Boutead group. When to their office to see the master plan, and see that all commercial (big shopping mall/biggest Cinema/premium showroom etc)..Although this is only on paper, they confirm me its a 'sure' thing..I see the bright future. That time they used to call it PJ Golden area (until now actually). After all BU is just nearby and TTDI was already known that time. I know DP can take advantage of this.To be honest KD has more potential (upside appreciation) but since it was to deep inside from main access road (LDP), I opt for DP. Congrats who bought KD that time.. rclxms.gif

With merely RM800 extra money at that time for mortgage, I asked my GF (now HM with 2 kids smile.gif ) to join loan. We manage to get the prop.. paying RM1200 to the bank..Refinance the prop in 2007 to get extra money to buy my 2nd prop. Now paying bank 1350 and rent my unit at RM1800.

So again I reiterate that Location,Location,Location is not for wealthy people. "Matured Location" is for wealthy people. The trick is to find 'potential location'.

Do not get too attach with emotion when buying props..Although if for own stay you might consider this too, a little bit (nice designed/good layout/beautiful landskap etc).

Same thing with share. Buy company before anybody heard about it...If you have AAPL share 15 years ago, you'll be smiling to the bank by now thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 03:48 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 17 2012, 03:43 PM)
can gain appreciation, i didnt say no. But, not as horrendously quick as what some party might want it to be...seriously.
true. depend on individual target for the amount to get back.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 17 2012, 03:53 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 03:48 PM)
true. depend on individual target for the amount to get back.
not realistic...this one is really common sense.
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 04:00 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(feezar25 @ May 17 2012, 03:44 PM)
Location,Location,Location does not meant for affordable people only. Thats why there a need to do some study before u make up your mind..same like other investment. Why buy cheap share if u know it cannot grow..

When I bought my prop at DP, that place was nothing..only big hutan (orang asli just move out), the curve/cineleasure/commercial all not there yet..access mainly from LDP (small turn from the main road). No persiaran surian and surian tunnel. Connecting to Kota Damansara by a small road. basically nothing. if u come visit this place 10 years ago, U know what Im talking about. I did a research, ask around, only then I know I will be neighboring mutiara Damansara which will be develop by Boutead group. When to their office to see the master plan, and see that all commercial (big shopping mall/biggest Cinema/premium showroom etc)..Although this is only on paper, they confirm me its a 'sure' thing..I see the bright future. That time they used to call it PJ Golden area (until now actually). After all BU is just nearby and TTDI was already known that time. I know DP can take advantage of this.To be honest KD has more potential (upside appreciation) but since it was to deep inside from main access road (LDP), I opt for DP. Congrats who bought KD that time.. rclxms.gif 

With merely RM800 extra money at that time for mortgage, I asked my GF  (now HM with 2 kids smile.gif ) to join loan. We manage to get the prop.. paying RM1200 to the bank..Refinance the prop in 2007 to get extra money to buy my 2nd prop. Now paying bank 1350 and rent my unit at RM1800.

So again I reiterate that Location,Location,Location is not for wealthy people. "Matured Location" is for wealthy people. The trick is to find 'potential location'.

Do not get too attach with emotion when buying props..Although if for own stay you might consider this too, a little bit (nice designed/good layout/beautiful landskap etc).

Same thing with share. Buy company before anybody heard about it...If you have AAPL share 15 years ago, you'll be smiling to the bank by now thumbup.gif
true, agreed with you. 10 years ago, DP is nothing. most of the prop purchaser will have to look at own pocket first before choosing location. if i'm going to buy 500K condo in Shah Alam, i would rather choose MK Condo. that's on Location. so, price goes first and location go secondary for ppl with limited budget. of course, you could say location first and price second, it's very subjective matter. location nearby matured township will definitely attract potential to grow. but price is priority cos everyone will have budget. i'm not saying you're wrong. just we have different opinion.
+Quote Post
feezar25
post May 17 2012, 04:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 04:00 PM)
true, agreed with you. 10 years ago, DP is nothing. most of the prop purchaser will have to look at own pocket first before choosing location. if i'm going to buy 500K condo in Shah Alam, i would rather choose MK Condo. that's on Location. so, price goes first and location go secondary for ppl with limited budget. of course, you could say location first and price second, it's very subjective matter. location nearby matured township will definitely attract potential to grow. but price is priority cos everyone will have budget. i'm not saying you're wrong. just we have different opinion.
hehehe...yes2..correct.. biggrin.gif ..a bit subjective..to find it is like an art..but with little bit of luck too...hahaha..dont worry so much lerr..Apart from Bkt beruntung, I never heard anyone sold a house with a loss..atleast breakeven if the location is wrong..
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 04:12 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(feezar25 @ May 17 2012, 04:09 PM)
hehehe...yes2..correct.. biggrin.gif ..a bit subjective..to find it is like an art..but with little bit of luck too...hahaha..dont worry so much lerr..Apart from Bkt beruntung, I never heard anyone sold a house with a loss..atleast breakeven if the location is wrong..
if not my mistake, Bandar Tasik Puteri. maybe Sri Muda as well cos 1 of my relatives bought single-storey house in Sri Muda last time. price depreciate according to him.

This post has been edited by jason_chee: May 17 2012, 04:13 PM
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 17 2012, 04:24 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 04:00 PM)
correct ! where got people buy property dont look at price...that is just ridicilous.

Added on May 17, 2012, 4:25 pm
QUOTE(feezar25 @ May 17 2012, 04:09 PM)
i thought recently mont kiara property depreciate ????? actualy a lot of places also depreciate.

This post has been edited by mrchipsley: May 17 2012, 04:25 PM
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 04:31 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 17 2012, 04:24 PM)

i thought recently mont kiara property depreciate ????? actualy a lot of places also depreciate.
yea... market started to slowdown due to the introduction of nett income for loan. loan are harder to get approve. at the same time, over valuation. i think it's norm cos it's the G objectives to slow down the prop market in klang valley. not sure about the effect towards next year. but it seems like those fresh grad who intend to buy prop will have tough time to secure loan.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 17 2012, 04:53 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 04:31 PM)
yea... market started to slowdown due to the introduction of nett income for loan. loan are harder to get approve. at the same time, over valuation. i think it's norm cos it's the G objectives to slow down the prop market in klang valley. not sure about the effect towards next year. but it seems like those fresh grad who intend to buy prop will have tough time to secure loan.
actually even without this loan tightening, fresh grad is as usual hard to even buy the properties...let's be very honest. I mean in this property talk itself also people are asking for properties below rm300K and that is they already work for a few years...what more fresh graduate. i have no intentions to make those house owners mad, but price depreciation is inevitable, however, the rate of depreciation is really insane. and that is the very root of all this property owning problem.

Maybe Malaysia should be doing like what China is doing...puttting a mandatory for all the citizens to only own 3 properties, the rest you have to sell it. But if this happen, a lot of millkionares in the making will become bancrupt just like what happen in China icon_idea.gif
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 05:01 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 17 2012, 04:53 PM)
actually even without this loan tightening, fresh grad is as usual hard to even buy the properties...let's be very honest. I mean in this property talk itself also people are asking for properties below rm300K and that is they already work for a few years...what more fresh graduate. i have no intentions to make those house owners mad, but price depreciation is inevitable, however, the rate of depreciation is really insane. and that is the very root of all this property owning problem.

Maybe Malaysia should be doing like what China is doing...puttting a mandatory for all the citizens to only own 3 properties, the rest you have to sell it. But if this happen, a lot of millkionares in the making will become bancrupt just like what happen in China  icon_idea.gif
haha.. that's why those chinaman is investing in our country.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 17 2012, 05:27 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 05:01 PM)
haha..  that's why those chinaman is investing in our country.
up to 30% only allowed. but they for sure wont invest in Flora Damansara. Security definitely cant replace Location, no matter how much anyone here wants to debate about it. The lo cost house, virtually anyone can stay in it...it is too affordable to "foreigners". and some foreigners are really retarded people, im sorry but it's true.
+Quote Post
feezar25
post May 17 2012, 05:41 PM

Casual

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 17 2012, 04:24 PM)
correct ! where got people buy property dont look at price...that is just ridicilous.

Yeahhh...But I dont think it goes down until the cost/purchase price (developer's price)..if buy sub sale maybe affect little bit smile.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 17 2012, 06:11 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 17 2012, 05:27 PM)
up to 30% only allowed. but they for sure wont invest in Flora Damansara. Security definitely cant replace Location, no matter how much anyone here wants to debate about it. The lo cost house, virtually anyone can stay in it...it is too affordable to "foreigners". and some foreigners are really retarded people, im sorry but it's true.
there is ruling that the foreigner can only own a prop more than 500K. i don't think the foreigner bought FD.

Added on May 17, 2012, 6:12 pm
QUOTE(feezar25 @ May 17 2012, 05:41 PM)
Yeahhh...But I dont think it goes down until the cost/purchase price (developer's price)..if buy sub sale maybe affect little bit smile.gif biggrin.gif
yes man. you're right. price will go down a bit, but not until the extent of cost/launching price. once down, it will take some time to pick up again.

This post has been edited by jason_chee: May 17 2012, 06:12 PM
+Quote Post
david_lynn
post May 17 2012, 08:17 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 17 2012, 05:11 AM)
there is ruling that the foreigner can only own a prop more than 500K. i don't think the foreigner bought FD.

Added on May 17, 2012, 6:12 pm

yes man. you're right. price will go down a bit, but not until the extent of cost/launching price. once down, it will take some time to pick up again.
it can go down up to very low value especially economic depression. brows.gif
+Quote Post
Wallace2012
post May 17 2012, 10:07 PM

Group: New Member

Buying property will always be a good investment. I remember my first property I bought was a repossessed property, which I bought on an auction. Today, that is my home! One needs to start somewhere to get onto the property ladder. And the sooner, the better.
+Quote Post
simply red
post May 17 2012, 10:42 PM

Just to share my Flora investment.

I bought my unit at RM125k, got bank loan of RM160k.

90% loan = RM144k

RM144k-RM125k=RM19k

RM19k-RM5.5k(legal & Stamp duty) = RM13.5k Net cash in

Mthly Installment 35yrs = RM760.00++

Rent per mth = RM800.00

What do you think about my investment strategy? Comment please!

Added on May 17, 2012, 10:59 pm
QUOTE(david_lynn @ May 17 2012, 08:17 PM)
it can go down up to very low value especially economic depression.  brows.gif
When economic down turn people starts to look for cheaper rental. Those renting RM1000++ will want to look for something cheaper. Therefore rental demand for Flora will increase. When bad time luxury condo/property will be affected most but Flora (necessity) will not be that bad.

Not everyone born with silver spoon. Many ppl out there r still struggling to buy a property. Cheapest rental now at least RM700 - 800 per mth which is enough for Flora installment. Y rent when u can buy Flora at full loan?

Just to share my tots!

This post has been edited by simply red: May 17 2012, 10:59 PM
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post May 18 2012, 12:16 AM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(simply red @ May 17 2012, 10:42 PM)
Just to share my Flora investment.

I bought my unit at RM125k, got bank loan of RM160k.

90% loan = RM144k 

RM144k-RM125k=RM19k

RM19k-RM5.5k(legal & Stamp duty) = RM13.5k Net cash in

Rent per mth = RM800.00  

Thanks for pointing out loan can give RM160K.

Thank you !! thumbup.gif rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif

Added on May 18, 2012, 12:18 am
When economic down turn people starts to look for cheaper rental. Those renting RM1000++ will want to look for something cheaper. Therefore rental demand for Flora will increase. When bad time luxury condo/property will be affected most but Flora (necessity) will not be that bad. 

Not everyone born with silver spoon. Many ppl out there r still struggling to buy a property. Cheapest rental now at least RM700 - 800 per mth which is enough for Flora installment. Y rent when u can buy Flora at full loan?
Just to share my tots!
I looked into this matter myself.

People will tend to find place that area cheap. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Alvinyeo: May 18 2012, 12:18 AM
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 18 2012, 12:29 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ May 18 2012, 12:16 AM)
Thanks for pointing out loan can give RM160K.

Thank you !! thumbup.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxm9.gif

Added on May 18, 2012, 12:18 am

I looked into this matter myself.

People will tend to find place that area cheap. hmm.gif
i think you miss the point. doesnt mean give out loan means the property value is rm160K. The loan here i think includes other misc expenses. as he said, he bought at rm125K. aiyah, many people here already said, but you still dont get it....

i think this really confirms what the other guys says that the property is value at rm130K for current value....

This post has been edited by mrchipsley: May 18 2012, 01:03 AM
+Quote Post
cranx
post May 18 2012, 02:33 AM

Regular

why rent RM800 at Flora Damansara when you can rent at similar prices from Pelangi Apartment, Palm Spring condominiums etc?
+Quote Post
Asvita
post May 18 2012, 09:07 AM

There are lots of negros and those bangla workers staying in palm spring or pelangi damansara lol.. You can actually notice this at night when those indon workers chilling at downstair and hangout at mamak...
+Quote Post
simply red
post May 18 2012, 11:14 AM

QUOTE(cranx @ May 18 2012, 02:33 AM)
why rent RM800 at Flora Damansara when you can rent at similar prices from Pelangi Apartment, Palm Spring condominiums etc?
Are u sure u can get this price in Pelangi and Palm Spring? Last few years yes u can but not now!
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 18 2012, 11:35 AM

Casual

QUOTE(simply red @ May 18 2012, 11:14 AM)
Are u sure u can get this price in Pelangi and Palm Spring? Last few years yes u can but not now!
hope you know what you are talking ya....there really are a lot of africans in the condos or apartment there....this wil pull the price down.
+Quote Post
simply red
post May 18 2012, 11:50 AM

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 18 2012, 12:29 AM)
i think you miss the point. doesnt mean give out loan means the property value is rm160K. The loan here i think includes other misc expenses. as he said, he bought at rm125K. aiyah, many people here already said, but you still dont get it....

i think this really confirms what the other guys says that the property is value at rm130K for current value....
Yes u r right. There is a difference between actual value and bank value! That's y is a good buy for now (below bank value). Bank value is the benchmark to determine whether the price of the property that u r buying is cheap or expansive. Just like the PE ratio for stock.

For property above bank value, u r paying extra premium to purchase it. For property below bank value, u r buying at a discount! These r the property that u can flip. Don't fall in love with it, its just an investment vehicle to make money. U r not staying in there so don't put yrself in to that shoe. As long the place is 80-90% occupancy it is good enough. If the place is so bad then there won't be people staying.

Just a share of tots!

+Quote Post
rachel_xxx
post May 18 2012, 12:06 PM

Enthusiast

Rent per mth = RM800.00 

Negative cash flow?
+Quote Post
simply red
post May 18 2012, 12:09 PM

QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 18 2012, 11:35 AM)
hope you know what you are talking ya....there really are a lot of africans in the condos or apartment there....this wil pull the price down.
R u sure prices r going down? Palm Spring r asking for Rm350++ psf, Pelangi Dsara asking ard RM380-400 psf for now. Africans r now everywhere not only here! even Mont Kiara there r Africans. Africans or no africans is not the issue, money or no money is! If my budget is only good enough for these places, I don't hv much choices, do I..

The lower income group make up of the biggest quadrant. What can u buy for property below RM200k in PJ? Try searching for property below RM200k in PJ and c what can u get!

Demand and supply!!!

Just a share of tots!
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 18 2012, 12:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(simply red @ May 18 2012, 12:09 PM)
R u sure prices r going down? Palm Spring r asking for Rm350++ psf, Pelangi Dsara asking ard RM380-400 psf for now. Africans r now everywhere not only here! even Mont Kiara there r Africans. Africans or no africans is not the issue, money or no money is! If my budget is only good enough for these places, I don't hv much choices, do I..

The lower income group make up of the biggest quadrant. What can u buy for property below RM200k in PJ? Try searching for property below RM200k in PJ and c what can u get!

Demand and supply!!! 

Just a share of tots!
eerrrr, unless you stay there, then you will know. it has a lot of africans, banglas & other foreigners like vietnams & pakistani...and of course the environment. i think these things it's hard to put in words unless you go there and observe.

+Quote Post
simply red
post May 18 2012, 12:23 PM

QUOTE(rachel_xxx @ May 18 2012, 12:06 PM)
Negative cash flow?
U miss out on the upper portion. I got the unit for free + RM13k cash!

every mth nett cash out flow (inclusive of maintenance) = Rm50.00

RM13,500 / RM50 = 270mths = 22.5 yrs (provided rental remain constant)

Even if tmr the market crash, it doesn't affect me! Calculated risk

In investment its not how much u gonna make, its how much risk u r exposed to!

Just a share of tots!

Added on May 18, 2012, 12:32 pm
QUOTE(mrchipsley @ May 18 2012, 12:15 PM)
eerrrr, unless you stay there, then you will know. it has a lot of africans, banglas & other foreigners like vietnams & pakistani...and of course the environment. i think these things it's hard to put in words unless you go there and observe.
Investor Point of view, there r demand for rental.

Buying for own stay, what other choices do I hv? Wait further?

Just my tots!

This post has been edited by simply red: May 18 2012, 12:32 PM
+Quote Post
yankicip
post May 18 2012, 02:14 PM

Casual

I just done my trip to Flora.

I think FLora Damansara cater for different group of people.

Those that wanted a first home belong them around PJ but within their budget.

Flora Damansara should able to rent out easily. Workers that work in construction areas / cleaner that work around office building or shopping more are the resident. These group of people have no choice but Flora if don't want to travel too far.

Investor buy those medium , if you aim for capital gain. In my opinion, a bit hard. Due to the mix of low cost type flat and those "workers" resident.

People are seeking status now especially youngster / fresh graduate which is the group of people push up property price will not like to be seem living in flora.

No wonder why in i property so many seller wanted to sell flora.

+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 18 2012, 02:45 PM

Casual

QUOTE(yankicip @ May 18 2012, 02:14 PM)
I just done my trip to Flora.

I think FLora Damansara cater for different group of people. - agreed.
Those that wanted a  first home belong them around PJ but within their budget. - within the budget is true, but sometimes the price also must also be fair to the situation/condition of the area, right ?

Flora Damansara should able to rent out easily. Workers that work in construction areas / cleaner that work around office building or shopping more are the resident. These group of people have no choice but Flora if don't want to travel too far.
- agree. but bear in mind, if you are saying able to rent to those group of people, then after those projects are completed, it must be quite hard to get renters ? also, such group of people will definitely bring down the status of the property. and having the "other upcoming" projects nearby really wont help.

Investor buy those medium , if you aim for capital gain. In my opinion, a bit hard. Due to the mix of low cost type flat and those "workers" resident.
- are you saying it is very hard for capital appreciation for the medium cost ones ?

People are seeking status now especially youngster / fresh graduate which is the group of people push up property price will not like to be seem living in flora.

- unfortunately this group will be the most number. however, for this group, pricing will be an issue...dont think anyone is interested to pay those agents' pricing for such environment...honestly speaking.

No wonder why in i property so many seller wanted to sell flora.

- why ah ?
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post May 19 2012, 01:14 AM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(simply red @ May 18 2012, 11:50 AM)
Yes u r right. There is a difference between actual value and bank value! That's y is a good buy for now (below bank value). Bank value is the benchmark to determine whether the price of the property that u r buying is cheap or expansive. Just like the PE ratio for stock.

For property above bank value, u r paying extra premium to purchase it. For property below bank value, u r buying at a discount! These r the property that u can flip. Don't fall in love with it, its just an investment vehicle to make money. U r not staying in there so don't put yrself in to that shoe. As long the place is 80-90% occupancy it is good enough. If the place is so bad then there won't be people staying.

Just a share of tots!
I had the same tot like you.

Give 5. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 29 2012, 12:30 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(simply red @ May 18 2012, 12:23 PM)
U miss out on the upper portion. I got the unit for free + RM13k cash!

every mth nett cash out flow (inclusive of maintenance) = Rm50.00

RM13,500 / RM50 = 270mths = 22.5 yrs (provided rental remain constant)
Even if tmr the market crash, it doesn't affect me! Calculated risk
In investment its not how much u gonna make, its how much risk u r exposed to! 
Just a share of tots!

Added on May 18, 2012, 12:32 pm
Investor Point of view, there r demand for rental.

Buying for own stay, what other choices do I hv? Wait further?
Just my tots!
i like this statement: "In investment its not how much u gonna make, its how much risk u r exposed to!".
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 29 2012, 12:45 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 29 2012, 12:30 PM)
i like this statement: "In investment its not how much u gonna make, its how much risk u r exposed to!".
well done, since flora damansara is risky, why not go and buy a few units there ? im sure you will gain the reward in 20 years time.
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 29 2012, 12:57 PM

Enthusiast

i believe different ppl has different target. for small player, maybe flora is good enough for them to start the investment.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 29 2012, 01:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 29 2012, 12:57 PM)
i believe different ppl has different target. for small player, maybe flora is good enough for them to start the investment.
aiks, just now say flora damansara good, now divide pulak to big investor and small investor biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 30 2012, 01:28 PM

Enthusiast

since when i saw D. Flora is good? everyone has their own liking. if u read thru, i suggested other place like Plaza Medan Putra. i like the Statement of "In investment its not how much u gonna make, its how much risk u r exposed to!" doesn't mean i like D.Flora. smile.gif

like i said, small player has their own market. it's always like that. if u have the money, i would believe you'll invest in landed prop and gained more from there.

my advice, READ what ppl mean and not simply accuse or point to conclusion. Thanks man.
+Quote Post
mrchipsley
post May 30 2012, 01:58 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 30 2012, 01:28 PM)
since when i saw D. Flora is good? everyone has their own liking. if u read thru, i suggested other place like Plaza Medan Putra. i like the Statement of "In investment its not how much u gonna make, its how much risk u r exposed to!" doesn't mean i like D.Flora. smile.gif

like i said, small player has their own market. it's always like that. if u have the money, i would believe you'll invest in landed prop and gained more from there.

my advice, READ what ppl mean and not simply accuse or point to conclusion. Thanks man.
ooooooo, that's what im doing lah...you think im a mind read kah ? doh.gif
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post May 30 2012, 03:49 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 30 2012, 01:28 PM)

+1...+2....+3... thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 5 2012, 09:14 PM

Could be a good news.. Management is installing the entrance gate at the medium cost blocks.

I am not sure if it is bundled with the smart access card system...

+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Jun 5 2012, 09:31 PM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 5 2012, 09:14 PM)
Could be a good news.. Management is installing the entrance gate at the medium cost blocks.

Recent news ?

When implement ?
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 6 2012, 09:55 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 5 2012, 09:14 PM)

is there any wall separating medium n low cost appartment?
+Quote Post
sakura888
post Jun 6 2012, 10:03 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dino10chels @ Jun 6 2012, 10:55 AM)
dont think that is possible wink.gif
+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 6 2012, 10:50 AM

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 5 2012, 09:31 PM)
Recent news ?

When implement ?
Now is installing, you may go there to take a look. Entrance is at 99 Speed Mart there. But don't know what kind of guard house/entrance will be made...
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 6 2012, 01:50 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 6 2012, 10:50 AM)
Now is installing, you may go there to take a look. Entrance is at 99 Speed Mart there. But don't know what kind of guard house/entrance will be made...
as long as the guard is good n be responsibility then with or without guard house is not a concern... rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 7 2012, 10:09 AM

QUOTE(dino10chels @ Jun 6 2012, 01:50 PM)
as long as the guard is good n be responsibility then with or without guard house is not a concern... rclxms.gif
From the observation, it should be a smart access card system.. AGM right? try to double confirm ya..
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 8 2012, 11:50 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 7 2012, 10:09 AM)
From the observation, it should be a smart access card system.. AGM right? try to double confirm ya..
pls share info after AGM...thx notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 9 2012, 12:45 AM

Getting Started

Was in Flora a few days ago.

user posted image
Smart Access?

user posted image
The day they put up the Foresthill signboard

user posted image
Morning sun view from my unit

Added on June 9, 2012, 1:13 am
QUOTE(dino10chels @ Jun 6 2012, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE(sakura888 @ Jun 6 2012, 10:03 AM)
Just need to fence up less than 100 meter. The rest is separated by high hill slope cool2.gif

This post has been edited by pekanmy: Jun 10 2012, 10:13 PM
+Quote Post
potenza10
post Jun 9 2012, 08:33 AM

Enthusiast

Nice photos!!!
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 11 2012, 11:17 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 9 2012, 12:45 AM)
Was in Flora a few days ago.
user posted image
Smart Access?
user posted image
The day they put up the Foresthill signboard
user posted image
Morning sun view from my unit

Added on June 9, 2012, 1:13 am
Just need to fence up less than 100 meter. The rest is separated by high hill slope cool2.gif
Thx for the sharing thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 13 2012, 11:53 AM

How's the output/outcome/minutes/results from AGM? Any nice news? Tq.
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 13 2012, 01:54 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 13 2012, 11:53 AM)
How's the output/outcome/minutes/results from AGM? Any nice news? Tq.
anyone? any update? rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 13 2012, 02:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dino10chels @ Jun 13 2012, 01:54 PM)
anyone? any update?  rclxms.gif
AGM will be on the 8th of July. Pls give your suggestion or idea to make Flora abetter place.

Please add in your questions or ideas. smile.gif smile.gif

1) Deadlines of when projects to be completed.(New multi-storey car-park and 4 lanes access road in Block A & B)
2) Where are the RM77 funds being used and what is the total collection per month.
3) Safety of location - security tag?
4) How much is the uncollected M. Fee and what is the JMB going to do about it.
5) Ban those lorry operator who put up sticker or print in the lift or wall. If they want to advertise, do so through the office FOC
6) When will we get our Strata title
7) Solve water problem once and for all
8) Make sure all the corridors are well lit
9) cat poop or pet
10) Glass wall /door with security tag /CCTV at each block lobby.
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 13 2012, 03:38 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 13 2012, 02:56 PM)
AGM will be on the 8th of July. Pls give your suggestion or idea to make Flora abetter place.

Please add in your questions or ideas.  smile.gif smile.gif

1) Deadlines of when projects to be completed.(New multi-storey car-park and 4 lanes access road in Block A & B)
2) Where are the RM77 funds being used and what is the total collection per month.
5) Ban those lorry operator who put up sticker or print in the lift or wall. If they want to advertise, do so through the office FOC
9) cat poop or pet
nice work thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 15 2012, 09:53 PM

Getting Started

11) Fire safety. I noticed that there are fire hoses on each floor but they are not attached. Will it be fixed?
+Quote Post
corus
post Jun 16 2012, 12:03 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sakura888 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:03 AM)
that is possible BUT the fact stays the same, on a very serious & honest note. the entrance will give people some mix feelings about the security of the area, the cleanliness of the area, and if the medium cost nearby the hill would be free from landslide in future. rm135K for 850 sqft is just rclxub.gif

and rm180K for 1080sqft is even shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 16 2012, 04:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(corus @ Jun 16 2012, 12:03 AM)
that is possible BUT the fact stays the same, on a very serious & honest note. the entrance will give people some mix feelings about the security of the area, the cleanliness of the area, and if the medium cost nearby the hill would be free from landslide in future. rm135K for 850 sqft is just  rclxub.gif

and rm180K for 1080sqft is even  shakehead.gif
Hi Corus, thanks for your honest input.
Highland Towers tragedy in 1993 was awake-up call for hillside developer and buyer. Landslide usually happen when the soil hold too much water or it is over expose. Flora was built in 2001 -2005 and on limestone hill in Bukit Lanjan Forest reserved which is covered with trees. Limestone hill do not hold much water (that is why there is a waterfall on the hilltop beside Flora). Even some of the rock need to be cut (at the back of block H & F) during construction. I believe the developer of Forest Hill next to Flora is very aware of this negative selling point before they put RM2.8 millions price tag for their unit. The truth is I feel safe staying at the top floor of Block H but I am worried driving on KL road.

After considering the rental rate, leasehold status, location, potential of improvement, market price of surrounding properties, ongoing development, future development or no more development as it is forest reserved, the view (selected units only) and current cost of construction. I believe by next year, a good 850sqft unit will be price at RM180k to RM210k. nod.gif
+Quote Post
chemgloo
post Jun 16 2012, 04:31 PM

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 16 2012, 04:24 PM)
Highland Towers tragedy in 1993 was awake-up call for hillside developer and buyer. Landslide usually happen when the soil hold too much water or it is over expose. Flora was built in 2001 -2005 and on limestone hill in Bukit Lanjan Forest reserved which is covered with trees. Limestone hill do not hold much water (that is why there is a waterfall on the hilltop beside Flora). Even some of the rock need to be cut (at the back of block H & F) during construction. I believe the developer of Forest Hill next to Flora is very aware of this negative selling point before they put RM2.8 millions price tag for their unit. The truth is I feel safe staying at the top floor of Block H but I am worried driving on KL road.

After considering the rental rate, leasehold status, location, potential of improvement, market price of surrounding properties, ongoing development, future development or no more development as it is forest reserved, the view (selected units only) and current cost of construction. I believe by next year, a good 850sqft unit will be price at RM180k to RM210k. nod.gif
i agree with you on this.....hence my decision to buy 2 units there recently. However, I anticipate that the price RM180-210K will be realised in 2 years time instead.
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 16 2012, 09:44 PM

Getting Started

Any idea those unit facing LDP view is facing west or east? Hill view is facing west or east? Any difference between blocks E, F, G, H in terms of occupant? One of the sales agent actually told me block E having the most local occupant. Wonder whether is it true...

This post has been edited by Bali ais: Jun 16 2012, 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
sakura888
post Jun 16 2012, 10:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 16 2012, 05:24 PM)

to be very honest, after reading this, I just want to say, hiking up price can be done anytime. however, not anytime will a buyer be interested to buy depending on the situation. on another note, developer wont tell anything until you "get it", which is usually too late already. for me, it's better to be safe than sorry. Usually people who already bought it, there's no other choice but to reason out reasons that can comfort them. Even in Block E, it is very dirty...i cant deny it.

Added on June 16, 2012, 10:56 pm
QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 16 2012, 10:44 PM)
Any idea those unit facing LDP view is facing west or east? Hill view is facing west or east? Any difference between blocks E, F, G, H in terms of occupant? One of the sales agent actually told me block E having the most local occupant. Wonder whether is it true...
actually Block E has a lot of foreigners also as compare with the other blocks. the reason is majority of the investors, chinese buy it to rent out to people. and usually they will rent to people who want cheaper rent more than chinese, the reason being is chinese cant stand such unconducive area, though there are chinese also staying there(but much lesser). on a glance you will notice the material for both low & medium cost are quite cheap materials I would say.

This post has been edited by sakura888: Jun 16 2012, 11:29 PM
+Quote Post
potenza10
post Jun 16 2012, 11:06 PM

Enthusiast

Stop being racist in your comments. I'm not sure if ALL chinese cant live in a dirty place as i can see them in some other dirty place also.please becareful when give negative comments.only supportive data can support your input or unless it is just a crap comments.
+Quote Post
sakura888
post Jun 16 2012, 11:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(potenza10 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:06 AM)
Stop being racist in your comments. I'm not sure if ALL chinese cant live in a dirty place as i can see them in some other dirty place also.please becareful when give negative comments.only supportive data can support your input or unless it is just a crap comments.
then i will tell you back, stop being ignorant ! ( and sensitive too ) My phrase wasnt being aiming at race for that matter ! I didnt say ALL CHINESE, you interpret it yourself. I was just telling based on my observations and feedback. if you feel this is crap, then why bother to reply anymore ? Besides, my comments was a general comments for chinese, stop making drama out of such petty things.

i will change the word, though it wont be accurate anymore rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by sakura888: Jun 16 2012, 11:25 PM
+Quote Post
potenza10
post Jun 16 2012, 11:30 PM

Enthusiast

Do you have a data of flora dsara residenst? If dont,u just shoot in the air,dude! Making a -ve comments and relate it with specific race is just an immatured behaviour.
+Quote Post
sakura888
post Jun 16 2012, 11:31 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(potenza10 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:30 AM)
Do you have a data of flora dsara residenst? If dont,u just shoot in the air,dude! Making a -ve comments and relate it with specific race is just an immatured behaviour.
excuse me, why should I have the data of flora damansara when I have friends living there ? in fact, I frequent there too. Besides, my comment is not wrong either. I think you should stop being too racist sensitive yourself.

as for others, hey I dont want to destroy the discussion environment....keep on going.

This post has been edited by sakura888: Jun 16 2012, 11:51 PM
+Quote Post
lifeyeah
post Jun 17 2012, 12:39 AM

Getting Started

Nice threadsss
+Quote Post
shaquenator
post Jun 17 2012, 10:19 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(sakura888 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:53 PM)
to be very honest, after reading this, I just want to say, hiking up price can be done anytime. however, not anytime will a buyer be interested to buy depending on the situation. on another note, developer wont tell anything until you "get it", which is usually too late already. for me, it's better to be safe than sorry. Usually people who already bought it, there's no other choice but to reason out reasons that can comfort them. Even in Block E, it is very dirty...i cant deny it.

>>> how do you expect people that already bought there tells you their unit is defective ? they would have lost their mind to say that as no one wants to admit. but the price in my opinion is just too much. up to other people to say....

Added on June 16, 2012, 10:56 pm

actually Block E has a lot of foreigners also as compare with the other blocks. the reason is majority of the investors, chinese buy it to rent out to people. and usually they will rent to people who want cheaper rent more than chinese, the reason being is chinese cant stand such unconducive area, though there are chinese also staying there(but much lesser). on a glance you will notice the material for both low & medium cost are quite cheap materials I would say.

>>> actually most of the blocks have foreigners smile.gif usually when no locals want to rent there, they rent it to foreigners, with cheap rates of course. indeed, the materials arent good.

+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 17 2012, 12:45 PM

Getting Started

Yup. But is there a so called block with 'lesser' foreigner? Went to the so called 'hell' place yesterday. Noticed there a quite a number of families (with kids) staying there. Upper floors are better than lower levels (Of cause still doesn't mean it is heavenly nice). No rubbish dump and motor parked front of the unit. May be I am not lucky enough to see. tongue.gif Lift.... Average about 1 lift button spoilt for each floor and lift door sometimes close with super loud noise. Scare the hell out of me.
With < 200k in this area, I guess this is what you can get. Stay cool la my friends, we discuss dont debate. Property is like job. No perfect job/property in this world, just depends what are the cons you are willing to tolerate.
+Quote Post
corus
post Jun 17 2012, 12:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 16 2012, 05:24 PM)

hey no worries, am just telling what I observe. but I still felt this place is "over-rated" by some people. To say the location is good, also not really accurate...it is just on the middle. 850 square feet for rm180K with such amenities that is unmaintained, dirty environment, yet need to pay such a monthly maintenance....no thanks man laugh.gif

850 square feet even rm135K i also think twice...anyway, one of my friends already sold his unit. He cant get any good rental it seems, the people that rent his unit all cant keep good care of his unit

Added on June 17, 2012, 1:04 pm
QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 17 2012, 01:45 PM)
Yup. But is there a so called block with 'lesser' foreigner? Went to the so called 'hell' place yesterday. Noticed there a quite a number of families (with kids) staying there. Upper floors are better than lower levels (Of cause still doesn't mean it is heavenly nice). No rubbish dump and motor parked front of the unit. May be I am not lucky enough to see. tongue.gif Lift.... Average about 1 lift button spoilt for each floor and lift door sometimes close with super loud noise. Scare the hell out of me.
With < 200k in this area, I guess this is what you can get. Stay cool la my friends, we discuss dont debate. Property is like job. No perfect job/property in this world, just depends what are the cons you are willing to tolerate.
dont think there is a block that is really lesser foreigner. actually you should go to the back of the unit where all the stalls are, there back there is so dirty....yucks. and the stairs for you to go to the car park got holes....wow, even if it is in Block E or F....im totally speechless for those who speaks highly for this property. and I notice ( sorry no offence ) a lot of owners thinks their property should increase due to the fact there are many developments nearby...heheheh. I felt, dont need to look outside, look INSIDE is already very jialat. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by corus: Jun 17 2012, 01:04 PM
+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 18 2012, 10:53 AM

Hmmm... I feel weird when there are/were some ppl "discussing"/criticizing/whatever the value of flora D. that is not as good as other high-end/high-class building..

Be honest. Flora costs less than 200k, so its facility, environment and amenities won't be as good as those bangalows, high-end condo (icon city? sunway south quay?)...

If you expect flora should be as good as those high-end one, then the price is already 300k, 500k or even 1 million...

For me, initially the developer built this block(s) as part of their social responsibilities. They need to take care of those who are poor.. just like us (or me). And of course, have to admit -- lower cost, less facility. Myvi can never compete with BMW 7 series, right?

In PJ/damansara area, those housing/properties with strict security patrol/smart access system, nice and clean environment, well arranged traffic flow and parking system, good-managed and function-well facility... cost u at least 400k or even reach 1 million++...

Flora is improving due to the JMC's hardwork. But in order to see the very significant changes, it takes longer time. By that time, flora won't be as low as <200k... So for those investors, i think they believe that the JMC can improve Flora and when Flora becomes better and better, price increases more and more, they may earn greater and greater.. Vice versa, they need to bear the risk where if Flora becomes worse -- landslide /crimes/frequent lift-breakdown/whatever, they loss their money...

And for those who think Flora is only worth less than 100k (indeed i like it -- pay less), I would appreciate if you can point out any apartment that is similar to flora (in terms of security, facility etc ) but lesser price -- <100k ...

I am not an owner.. I am just a tenant.. Of course I wish to buy a flora unit (medium cost) that is less than 100k -- but if really got one day like this, i believe the condition at that time is much worse than current one -- worse condition, less price, vice versa...

Added on June 18, 2012, 11:08 amIt's just like when we go to 70k flat, we might complain... wow so unmanaged, no lift, sometimes no water, got kes kecurian etc.. if u want nicer (and afford to have), then choose flora -- has lift, "less hardworking" security staff, nicer view, but many foreigners etc; not enough? choose metropolition block C, three tier security, very nice swimming pool, gym and other facilities -- 650k; still not good enough? choose Sunway south quay -- 1 million per unit, got own super big lake, proposed high way, lrt, bet etc... wow...

For me, there is always a proportionality between condition/environment and price... Have to admit -- in the world that plays with "capitalism", that is the reality. But please don't get misunderstood that "hence, I deserve to experience those thieves, burglary, raping cases if i stay in low cost housing/property".. Hehe.. Different story...

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 18 2012, 10:53 AM)
Hmmm... I feel weird when there are/were some ppl "discussing"/criticizing/whatever the value of flora D. that is not as good as other high-end/high-class building..

Be honest. Flora costs less than 200k, so its facility, environment and amenities won't be as good as those bangalows, high-end condo (icon city? sunway south quay?)...

If you expect flora should be as good as those high-end one, then the price is already 300k, 500k or even 1 million...

For me, initially the developer built this block(s) as part of their social responsibilities. They need to take care of those who are poor.. just like us (or me).  And of course, have to admit --  lower cost, less facility. Myvi can never compete with BMW 7 series, right?

In PJ/damansara area, those housing/properties with strict security patrol/smart access system, nice and clean environment, well arranged traffic flow and parking system, good-managed and function-well facility... cost u at least 400k or even reach 1 million++...

Flora is improving due to the JMC's hardwork. But in order to see the very significant changes, it takes longer time. By that time, flora won't be as low as <200k... So for those investors, i think they believe that the JMC can improve Flora and when Flora becomes better and better, price increases more and more, they may earn greater and greater.. Vice versa, they need to bear the risk where if Flora becomes worse -- landslide /crimes/frequent lift-breakdown/whatever, they loss their money...

And for those who think Flora is only worth less than 100k (indeed i like it -- pay less), I would appreciate if you can point out any apartment that is similar to flora (in terms of security, facility etc ) but lesser price -- <100k ... 

I am not an owner.. I am just a tenant.. Of course I wish to buy a flora unit (medium cost) that is less than 100k -- but if really got one day like this, i believe the condition at that time is much worse than current one -- worse condition, less price, vice versa...
This post has been edited by ahbaoahbao: Jun 18 2012, 11:08 AM
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 18 2012, 11:51 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 18 2012, 10:53 AM)

For me, initially the developer built this block(s) as part of their social responsibilities. They need to take care of those who are poor.. just like us (or me).  And of course, have to admit --  lower cost, less facility. Myvi can never compete with BMW 7 series, right?

Added on June 18, 2012, 11:08 amIt's just like when we go to 70k flat, we might complain... wow so unmanaged, no lift, sometimes no water, got kes kecurian etc.. if u want nicer (and afford to have), then choose flora -- has lift, "less hardworking" security staff, nicer view, but many foreigners etc; not enough? choose metropolition block C, three tier security, very nice swimming pool, gym and other facilities -- 650k; still not good enough? choose Sunway south quay -- 1 million per unit, got own super big lake, proposed high way, lrt, bet etc... wow...

For me, there is always a proportionality between condition/environment and price... Have to admit -- in the world that plays with "capitalism", that is the reality. But please don't get misunderstood that "hence, I deserve to experience those thieves, burglary, raping cases if i stay in low cost housing/property".. Hehe.. Different story...
Totally agree on what you said. thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 18 2012, 12:12 PM

My two cents: I am a Chinese. But the moment you used that sentence, i feel shakehead.gif ...

Yes, I believe you did not want to voice out any "racist" term, but the way u mentioned was to make ppl feel "aiduh, kenapa nak cakap macam tuu.. tak kan only Chinese mahu good condition... Semua orang nak jugak " 说者无心,听者有意“

I believe ALL people want to stay/buy a better/unconducive nice place; it is related to the budget u have, not the race...

If I am afford to drive BMW with personal guard protection, why do I go for Myvi without personal guard?

If I offend you , sorry for that. But as a Chinese, if I can feel that uneasy statement, for sure other ppl will feel that too...

QUOTE(sakura888 @ Jun 16 2012, 11:20 PM)
then i will tell you back, stop being ignorant ! ( and sensitive too ) My phrase wasnt being aiming at race for that matter ! I didnt say ALL CHINESE, you interpret it yourself. I was just telling based on my observations and feedback. if you feel this is crap, then why bother to reply anymore ? Besides, my comments was a general comments for chinese, stop making drama out of such petty things.

i will change the word, though it wont be accurate anymore  rclxub.gif
This post has been edited by ahbaoahbao: Jun 18 2012, 12:17 PM
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 18 2012, 07:18 PM

Getting Started

Please add in your questions or ideas.

9) cat poop or pet
11) Fire safety. I noticed that there are fire hoses on each floor but they are not attached. Will it be fixed?
12) How safe is the hill slope.
13) Fix all lifts and repaint the wall at the waiting area.
14) Cleaner shops please, gave cash rebate to those are well keep.
15) Redesign the garbage disposal area.
16) When is the pool, gym and others facilities going to be useble
17) Clean up the place vmad.gif

With more than RM70k per month, most of the above can be done if given time.
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 18 2012, 07:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 18 2012, 07:18 PM)

Please add in your questions or ideas.

9) cat poop or pet
12) How safe is the hill slope.
13) Fix all lifts and repaint the wall at the waiting area.
14) Cleaner shops please, gave cash rebate to those are well keep.
15) Redesign the garbage disposal area.
16) When is the pool, gym and others facilities going to be useble
17) Clean up the place vmad.gif

With more than RM70k per month, most of the above can be done if given time.
18) Bus stop. There is a bus stop in front of the low cost flats, will FD be getting any buses to come in?
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 18 2012, 10:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 18 2012, 07:51 PM)
18) Bus stop. There is a bus stop in front of the low cost flats, will FD be getting any buses to come in?
With more then a thousand people staying in Flora, it make a lot of sense or $ for a bus company to operate there. I believe there was no bus operate there before this because the road leading to Flora is a private road and still is, this involve legal matters. But the the law regarding private road has change recently so I think there will be public bus operating soon.

Slowly but surely things will improve cool2.gif

This post has been edited by pekanmy: Jun 18 2012, 11:06 PM
+Quote Post
sakura888
post Jun 19 2012, 12:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 18 2012, 11:53 AM)

- actually right, "those that critised" dont have any hidden agenda. but they also didnt expect high-end facilities. hhhmm, i also felt strange you pay maintenance fees, even though less than rm100 but you are contented to see it's surroundings dirty ? ( i mean truthfully ), and the lift in a very "scary" condition ? be aware that these people "who critised" are people who are concern for your safety & well-being in this property. The "other people" who always says we like to critise is only concern only money. and as a buyer, do you feel worth it to buy such area for such price ? be also aware that Im not jealous to see you buy a property in FD you know. If Im jealous, I wont even critise....

- doesnt mean because it is cheap, it needs to be dirty right ? aiya, maybe different people got different
  eyes. But cleanliness is something should be same for everyone.

- i agree also. But even before it improves better, the price increase first.  biggrin.gif so, even you also know how to say there's a risk before it might becomes worst right, so why the price increase ?

nobody says it is below rm100K but rm180K for 850 sqft...that's too much.

- maybe ? who knows.....the economy is volatile now, the first to be affected is apt & condo.

- i see your point. but do you ever wonder the maintenance fees is used to do what ?

- you choose it mah, so you have to live with the property package man....that's the reality. and basically, those that critised are giving you some pointers....not to scare people away man. haih, in other wordsm the words may be harsh but tey are honest.

Added on June 19, 2012, 12:10 am
QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 18 2012, 01:12 PM)
My two cents: I am a Chinese. But the moment you used that sentence, i feel  shakehead.gif ...

Yes, I believe you did not want to voice out any "racist" term, but the way u mentioned was to make ppl feel "aiduh, kenapa nak cakap macam tuu.. tak kan only Chinese mahu good condition... Semua orang nak jugak " 说者无心,听者有意“

I believe ALL people want to stay/buy a better/unconducive nice place; it is related to the budget u have, not the race...

If I am afford to drive BMW with personal guard protection, why do I go for Myvi without personal guard?

If I offend you , sorry for that. But as a Chinese, if I can feel that uneasy statement, for sure other ppl will feel that too...
that's because, majority of my friends are chinese mah. but im being blunt about what I say wat. It's not I purposely use race to critise this place icon_rolleyes.gif

nolah you dont offend me, you are polite actually.

This post has been edited by sakura888: Jun 19 2012, 12:10 AM
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post Jun 19 2012, 04:21 PM

Getting Started

things will never improve or progress. even with the latest jmb - i think in d next agm, residents need to force them show their accounts. a lot of $ collected mthly but place still shitty!

whether ur chinese, melayu iban kadazan, it doesnt matter. fact is flora is flora, u can bear it, u stay here...u have other options, get out from here
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 19 2012, 04:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 18 2012, 07:51 PM)
Rapid reply to my email.

Salam sejahtera Encik Yeo,

Terima kasih kerana sudi menulis kepada kami. Kami amat menghargai cadangan yang telah diberikan berhubung dengan mengadakan laluan ke Flora Damansara Jalan PJU 8/8. Perkara ini telah dimajukan kepada pihak operasi bas kami untuk pertimbangan mereka selanjutnya.

Sekian harap maklum.

Muhammad Adam,

Group Communications Dept,
Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (PRASARANA).

Tel: 03-7885 2585 Helpline

(Mon-Fri : 7.00 am to 8.30 pm,Sat-Sun : 8.30am-5.30 pm)
Tel : 03-7650 7788 General line
Fax: 03- 7625 7566

Web: www.myrapid.com.my

+Quote Post
richsense
post Jun 19 2012, 09:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 19 2012, 04:22 PM)
Rapid reply to my email.

Salam sejahtera Encik Yeo,

Terima kasih kerana sudi menulis kepada kami. Kami amat menghargai cadangan yang telah diberikan berhubung dengan mengadakan laluan ke Flora Damansara Jalan PJU 8/8. Perkara ini telah dimajukan kepada pihak operasi bas kami untuk pertimbangan mereka selanjutnya.

Sekian harap maklum.

Muhammad Adam,

Group Communications Dept,
Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (PRASARANA).
Tel: 03-7885 2585 Helpline

(Mon-Fri  : 7.00 am to 8.30 pm,Sat-Sun : 8.30am-5.30 pm)
Tel : 03-7650 7788 General line
Fax: 03- 7625 7566

Web: www.myrapid.com.my

Really nice. smile.gif
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 20 2012, 10:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(richsense @ Jun 19 2012, 09:10 PM)
Really nice. smile.gif
Thanks.

Just for fun, the entrance to Block D, E, F & H is on the left side of this entrance;
user posted image
+Quote Post
richsense
post Jun 20 2012, 10:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 20 2012, 10:44 PM)
Thanks.

Just for fun, the entrance to Block D, E, F & H is on the left side of this entrance;
user posted image
So that means the entrance to all the FD blocks are seperate with the entrance to FH?
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 21 2012, 09:26 AM

Getting Started

I think the entrance will be the low cost flats which will be beautified. The entrance for Forest Hill will be right at the end of the low cost flats where you would turn left to the mid cost flats smile.gif
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 21 2012, 10:12 AM

Getting Started

Sounds very promising.... If it really happens..... : )
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 21 2012, 03:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 09:26 AM)
I think the entrance will be the low cost flats which will be beautified. The entrance for Forest Hill will be right at the end of the low cost flats where you would turn left to the mid cost flats smile.gif
The Developer of Forest Hill already put up their proposal on all the block notes board. They need our (owner) approval to upgrade the road in front of Block A & B to 4+1 lanes and built a car park that can accommodate >150 cars for FOC. I think the coming AGM is for this.

What do you think, are you going to approve or not drool.gif
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Jun 21 2012, 03:53 PM

Talk is Cheap

My tenants told me to go Management to get access cards and sticker for the entrance of Block D,E,F,H.

rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 21 2012, 04:14 PM

Getting Started

Dang... I'm having a hard time getting my loan approved for my unit I want to purchase there. The faster FD improves, hopefully banks won't be so strict on the loans then. sad.gif

Reading all this good news is making me excited about the place Lol but worried about my loan.
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post Jun 21 2012, 05:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 04:14 PM)
Dang... I'm having a hard time getting my loan approved for my unit I want to purchase there. The faster FD improves, hopefully banks won't be so strict on the loans then. sad.gif

Reading all this good news is making me excited about the place Lol but worried about my loan.
banks quite reluctant to give loan for fd

coz they heard news about it having water running down the structure..potential for land slide aka highland tower case

now i dunno, maybe situation has improved
+Quote Post
richsense
post Jun 21 2012, 06:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 21 2012, 03:33 PM)
The Developer of Forest Hill already put up their proposal on all the block notes board. They need our (owner) approval to upgrade the road in front of Block A & B to 4+1 lanes and built a car park that can accommodate >150 cars for FOC. I think the coming AGM is for this.

What do you think, are you going to approve or not drool.gif
Only insane owner will not approve this. Hahahaha..
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 21 2012, 06:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 21 2012, 05:17 PM)
banks quite reluctant to give loan for fd

coz they heard news about it having water running down the structure..potential for land slide aka highland tower case

now i dunno, maybe situation has improved
Hi HouLanSaiLei, exactly where is the place water running down the structure? Will ask the JMB to investigate and rectify it immediately. Thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 21 2012, 09:06 PM

Getting Started

LOL... I've applied with over 6 banks. Two approved, and out of the two 1 last min did not want to give the letter. Currently waiting for 1 more approves loan.

Reasons given to me...
1) I'm too young (I'm 23)
2) property has become low end flats
3) A lot of people kena bank lelong

Hopefully with this shift the loans for this place will be much easier to obtained.
+Quote Post
Dern
post Jun 21 2012, 10:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 09:06 PM)
LOL... I've applied with over 6 banks. Two approved, and out of the two 1 last min did not want to give the letter. Currently waiting for 1 more approves loan.

Reasons given to me...

Hopefully with this shift the loans for this place will be much easier to obtained.
im not sure why age has something to do with this, but you have job right ?

2 & 3 is true...and im not being very negative or complaining. think it this way, maybe there's a silver lining ?
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Jun 21 2012, 10:21 PM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 09:06 PM)

Reasons given to me...

You mark up the price to the max is it ?

If you want safe maybe go with the purchase price. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 21 2012, 10:33 PM

Getting Started

I did not mark up the price at all. I bought a corner unit, and it's really not easy to get a loan. Truly disappointing when one after another rejects and it's been delaying the whole process more than a month already!

I have a job with 3K income, minus off EPF & Tax, RM2650 left. Car loan of RM615, and I'd like to apply for 80% loan. But so far the rejection is very disappointing.

However, from what the bank agents are telling me.. this only happens for corner units. Some bankers told me they did process successfully 850sf units for RM160k / 90% loan.

Honestly, it's very tiring. Really hoping that my last bank does not go down on me again like Maybank did after making me wait 3 weeks and telling me approved but last min tell me they don't want to give the letter.

I really really hope things goes smoothly soon before I stuck pulling out my hair waiting for loan approvals.
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post Jun 21 2012, 10:39 PM

Getting Started

it shud be block f. U can see some slabs slanted abit since day 1 block f was completed.

where to see - b3 carpark, while walking to the lifts. but if u just moved in, u wont know.

how banks know? because this news appeared in paper b4 and by virtue of u asking me where the water is flowing, it clearly shows u r not first batch fdians
+Quote Post
Dern
post Jun 21 2012, 10:48 PM

Regular

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 10:33 PM)
I did not mark up the price at all. I bought a corner unit, and it's really not easy to get a loan. Truly disappointing when one after another rejects and it's been delaying the whole process more than a month already!

I have a job with 3K income, minus off EPF & Tax, RM2650 left. Car loan of RM615, and I'd like to apply for 80% loan. But so far the rejection is very disappointing.

However, from what the bank agents are telling me.. this only happens for corner units. Some bankers told me they did process successfully 850sf units for RM160k / 90% loan.

Honestly, it's very tiring. Really hoping that my last bank does not go down on me again like Maybank did after making me wait 3 weeks and telling me approved but last min tell me they don't want to give the letter.

I really really hope things goes smoothly soon before I stuck pulling out my hair waiting for loan approvals.
relax, the economy is really not good anymore. the bank, govern by bank negara has been very strict on the loans for the good of young people. they dont approve for a reason of course. scared later lelong again the unit hehehe. so, loan now is no longer easy. this is an indication of the economy situation.

Added on June 21, 2012, 10:49 pm
QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 21 2012, 10:39 PM)
it shud be block f.  U can see some slabs slanted abit since day 1 block f was completed.

where to see - b3 carpark, while walking to the lifts.  but if u just moved in, u wont know.

how banks know? because this news appeared in paper b4 and by virtue of u asking me where the water is flowing, it clearly shows u r not first batch fdians
thanks for the info, and the pictures too ! heheheh

you sold off your unit, but u still go there ?

This post has been edited by Dern: Jun 21 2012, 10:49 PM
+Quote Post
richsense
post Jun 21 2012, 11:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 21 2012, 03:53 PM)
My tenants told me to go Management to get access cards and sticker for the entrance of Block D,E,F,H.

rclxms.gif
Yaa. Same here but I can only go there on the weekends. When is the last day to get those things? If I still haven't done yet will my tenant have difficulties to enter? U know? Or anyone?
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Jun 21 2012, 11:39 PM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(richsense @ Jun 21 2012, 11:02 PM)
Yaa. Same here but I can only go there on the weekends. When is the last day to get those things? If I still haven't done yet will my tenant have difficulties to enter? U know? Or anyone?
I not sure. I going there tomorrow and update here.

Now headache my tenant got 3 cars and inside that unit only got 1 carpark. If last time just simply park la. Now with access card look like to use visitor parking.

hmm.gif
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 21 2012, 11:40 PM

Getting Started

it shud be block f.  U can see some slabs slanted abit since day 1 block f was completed.

where to see - b3 carpark, while walking to the lifts.  but if u just moved in, u wont know.

I am not first batch owner, never claim to be one before. Bought a unit in block H last year and never have a problem like the first batch owner face. All the 5 lifts work fine with all the button working. No water shortage or blackout. Good neighbor (owner), plenty of parking space (before 11pm but always found one nearby) and so on.

Almost all, if not all medium cost apartment have a lot of problems in the first few years. The first batch of Flora owners were unlucky, they suffer a lot with all kinds of problems. From terrible access road to leaking roof, from theft to blackout. you name it they faced it.

Of course there are still much to improve but some of the improvements have been done, some are still ongoing and I hope some are in the near future.

Ps. will check the slanted slabs before the AGM. Thanks.
+Quote Post
cloner
post Jun 21 2012, 11:47 PM

Regular

guys, wanna ask block D is low cost ? n start from which block is under medium cost?

btw serious buyer here looking for 850sf unit for own stay.
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 21 2012, 11:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cloner @ Jun 21 2012, 11:47 PM)
guys, wanna ask block D is low cost ? n start from which  block is under medium cost?

A & B low cost. D, E, F & H medium cost.
+Quote Post
humble_tot
post Jun 22 2012, 12:11 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(cloner @ Jun 21 2012, 11:47 PM)
guys, wanna ask block D is low cost ? n start from which  block is under medium cost?

Bro, FD ngam ur status boh?
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post Jun 22 2012, 12:13 AM

Getting Started

sold off but whole selling process took 4.5mths - leasehold and no master title. during the interim period had to go and clear my stuffs

no water shortage in block h? maybe last 3 mths i dunno, but b4 i sold mine, all med costs affected by on n off water disruption. if since last yr, confirmed ur talking crap

lifts etc etc n anything else in blok h, i dunno. but guarantee this new jmb oni know how to collect $. dun pay clamp. but what they do with the $$$?

i felt cheated, if u guys dun, time to wake up and stop being big time sukers

n not all med cost apts suffer initial bad times like u simply said. utter rubbish

lemme just give u 1 example

bayu puteri - near tropicana pj

similar builtup, launched 135k (2 yrs after fd if i can rem the right thing), now some almost hitting 300k

fd - launched 118k, now some still selling 118k

face the situation, live the fact stop day dreaming

not shooting down fd, but im a reality human

Added on June 22, 2012, 12:20 am
QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 21 2012, 11:50 PM)
A & B low cost. D, E, F & H medium cost.
dun give wrong info

a b low cost

d low-med cost coz its 750sqft and finishing worse.

e f h is med cost 850sqft inter units

This post has been edited by HouLanSaiLei: Jun 22 2012, 12:50 AM
+Quote Post
cloner
post Jun 22 2012, 01:15 AM

Regular

QUOTE(humble_tot @ Jun 22 2012, 12:11 AM)
Bro, FD ngam ur status boh?
har ? What status ? I think I can fit perfectly into FD as its not much diff to the place I'm staying now except is further away near kajang.

I need a place which nearer to my working area mah...

Added on June 22, 2012, 1:17 amthx for both taikors info... I think will be more prefer medium cost blk E F H then

any agents or owner here know anyone selling their units ?

This post has been edited by cloner: Jun 22 2012, 01:17 AM
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 22 2012, 08:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 22 2012, 12:13 AM)
sold off but whole selling process took 4.5mths - leasehold and no master title.  during the interim period had to go and clear my stuffs

no water shortage in block h? maybe last 3 mths i dunno, but b4 i sold mine, all med costs affected by on n off water disruption.  if since last yr, confirmed ur talking crap - The 24th & 25th floor using separate water tanks. yes the lower floor have water disruption but not mine.

lifts etc etc n anything else in blok h, i dunno. but guarantee this new jmb oni know how to collect $. dun pay clamp. but what they do with the $$$? - That is what I'm going to ask in the AGM. Know our right and use it at the right place.

i felt cheated, if u guys dun, time to wake up and stop being big time sukers - I feel sorry for you and thanks for your advice/warning.

n not all med cost apts suffer initial bad times like u simply said. utter rubbish

bayu puteri - near tropicana pj - http://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=51107

similar builtup, launched 135k (2 yrs after fd if i can rem the right thing), now some almost hitting 300k

fd - launched 118k, now some still selling 118k - That is why I bought it last year.

not shooting down fd, but im a reality human - Again, feel sorry for what the first batch owner had to go through. For me, Flora is an investment and a place for my children to stay. Yes, sometime I do day dream but I also have hope and will. 

dun give wrong info - sorry blush.gif

a b low cost

This post has been edited by pekanmy: Jun 22 2012, 08:29 AM
+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 22 2012, 08:32 AM

Yaya, I understood your statement and concern. So basically that one is on business basis -- supply and demand. If the supply price is too high, then they can't sell it.. as majority won't agree by referring to its environment and condition. Vice versa, if the demand is to high, then people would sell at higher price.

QUOTE(sakura888 @ Jun 19 2012, 12:04 AM)

Added on June 22, 2012, 8:39 amFor salary/income below RM5k, bank will refer to their net income (not gross income). So refer to the general benchmark/reference: one third of the net salary as house installment.

(2650-615)/3 = 678. SO you "very comfort" status is RM678. Of course, bank might increase the amount -- depends on your age, type of jobs, risks, card usage, FD placements, etc.. Maybe bank can give u till 1200 or 1000 ( of course -- just my guess).

Wish you all the best and can get the loan. smile.gif

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 21 2012, 10:33 PM)

Added on June 22, 2012, 8:42 amYup, smart card is RM50 each and car sticker is RM10 each. For intermediate unit, two smart cards are provided. The smart card fee is refundable. One day when u move out/sell etc, you give back the cards and get your refund. So the car sticker, it is "renewable" every year.

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 21 2012, 03:53 PM)

rclxms.gif
This post has been edited by ahbaoahbao: Jun 22 2012, 08:42 AM
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Jun 22 2012, 09:26 AM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(ahbaoahbao @ Jun 22 2012, 08:32 AM)

Added on June 22, 2012, 8:42 amYup, smart card is RM50 each and car sticker is RM10 each. For intermediate unit, two smart cards are provided. The smart card fee is refundable. One day when u move out/sell etc, you give back the cards and get your refund. So the car sticker, it is "renewable" every year.
The smart card is for the entrance at the car only ?
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 22 2012, 09:39 AM

Getting Started

I think that should reduce the numbers of cars parked randomly in the mid-cost blocks. It would be great if they could control the humans going inside FD as well... sounds a bit far fetch but then that could reduce the number of vandals at the place.

This post has been edited by lilac: Jun 22 2012, 09:42 AM
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 22 2012, 03:05 PM

Getting Started

Anyone know what is the master and strata title status for all the blocks? Especially block E.
And how old (how many years) is block E? Looking at few units there.
Thanks.
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 22 2012, 03:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 22 2012, 03:05 PM)
Anyone know what is the master and strata title status for all the blocks? Especially block E.
And how old (how many years) is block E? Looking at few units there.
Thanks.
No Strata title yet. All the block are leasehold until 8 June 2014.
it's 2104, sorry biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by pekanmy: Jun 22 2012, 04:09 PM
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 22 2012, 03:21 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 22 2012, 03:17 PM)
No Strata title yet. All the block are leasehold until 8 June 2014.
until 2014 or 2104? If 2014 just 2 more yr only wor shocking.gif
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 22 2012, 03:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dino10chels @ Jun 22 2012, 03:21 PM)
until 2014 or 2104? If 2014 just 2 more yr only wor  shocking.gif
Yeah.... Leasehold for another 2 years?!
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 22 2012, 03:31 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 22 2012, 03:28 PM)
Yeah.... Leasehold for another 2 years?!
rclxub.gif in this case all the owner should cry.gif lo
+Quote Post
rachel_xxx
post Jun 22 2012, 03:37 PM

Enthusiast

If 2014 still can get financing meh?
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 22 2012, 03:42 PM

Getting Started

LOL Typo la! 2104 la LOL
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 22 2012, 04:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 22 2012, 03:42 PM)
LOL Typo la! 2104 la LOL
it's 2104, sorry. biggrin.gif

Wa, can not play play one this forum sweat.gif
+Quote Post
richsense
post Jun 22 2012, 07:40 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 22 2012, 04:12 PM)
it's 2104, sorry. biggrin.gif

Wa, can not play play one this forum sweat.gif
Hahahaha..very funny.

Added on June 22, 2012, 7:42 pm
QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 22 2012, 12:13 AM)
sold off but whole selling process took 4.5mths - leasehold and no master title.  during the interim period had to go and clear my stuffs

no water shortage in block h? maybe last 3 mths i dunno, but b4 i sold mine, all med costs affected by on n off water disruption.  if since last yr, confirmed ur talking crap

lifts etc etc n anything else in blok h, i dunno. but guarantee this new jmb oni know how to collect $. dun pay clamp. but what they do with the $$$?

i felt cheated, if u guys dun, time to wake up and stop being big time sukers

bayu puteri - near tropicana pj

fd - launched 118k, now some still selling 118k

not shooting down fd, but im a reality human

dun give wrong info

a b low cost

you sure or not? Where fot low medium cost? Hahahaha. Only low cost or medium cost.

This post has been edited by richsense: Jun 22 2012, 07:42 PM
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 22 2012, 09:55 PM

Getting Started

Sorry take some time to look for the above statement/letter from MK Land's Saujana Triangle Sdn. Bhd.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Complaints from Flora Damansara residents taken note by MK Land

Open Letter from MK Land's Saujana Triangle Sdn. Bhd.

WE refer to an article that appeared in StarMetro on Aug 3 with regards to the inspection conducted by Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) on Aug 2 following complaints by residents of Block F, Flora Damansara, Damansara Perdana.

The developer was not invited for the scheduled inspection with MBPJ. However, as the matter had come to our notice, we attended as observers.

It appears that the purpose of the inspection arranged by the residents was to highlight defects at the building. The defects highlighted were mainly leakages and cracks.

Further, we were not approached by any of your representatives present for comments.

The residents complaints dated July 18 should have been addressed to us as the developer (Saujana Triangle Sdn Bhd) and not MK Land Holdings Bhd.

Upon receiving the complaints on July 20, we had already commenced action to resolve the issues and concerns raised. However, the rectification works cannot be carried out instantly.

There is a need for advice from consultants and others as well as a need for verification, observation and monitoring prior to works being carried out.

Our consultant engineers have confirmed that there are no structural defects as contended in the article.

Some of the defects highlighted are due to vandalism.

Nevertheless, we will try to address these complaints.

We also noted that some of the complaints raised have been attended to and rectification works completed.

We have had problems with previous contractors who we have terminated and with a lot of effort have completed the buildings subsequently with new contractors.

With patience, the issues can be resolved in a proper and amicable manner.

FREETIE BOLER

Legal Manager

For and on behalf of Saujana Triangle Sdn Bhd

+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 22 2012, 10:10 PM

Getting Started

I finally just got my loan approved. 40 years 90% of 180k at -2.2.
Phew. What a relief. Now to get my Snp done.
+Quote Post
potenza10
post Jun 22 2012, 10:38 PM

Enthusiast

wow!!! 180k? are you serious?
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 22 2012, 10:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 22 2012, 10:10 PM)
Congratulation rclxms.gif Welcome neighbor. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
richsense
post Jun 22 2012, 11:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 22 2012, 10:10 PM)
Which block is this?
+Quote Post
wodenus
post Jun 22 2012, 11:05 PM

Tree Octopus

QUOTE(richsense @ Jun 19 2012, 09:10 PM)
Really nice. smile.gif
But will anything happen? the approach road is narrow and unlighted.

Added on June 22, 2012, 11:10 pm
QUOTE(potenza10 @ Jun 22 2012, 10:38 PM)
wow!!! 180k? are you serious?
180K for Flora Damansara? Anyone could've gotten you one for something like Rm80,000.

This post has been edited by wodenus: Jun 22 2012, 11:11 PM
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 22 2012, 11:46 PM

Getting Started

This is at Block F. Corner unit.

Was just wondering about the purchase process and loan as this is my first.
After loan approval and I pass the bank my SnP and all, how will the bank make the payment?

I hear people using loan money to do renovation and extra stuff, but how do they do that? do they state it prior to loan application?
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 23 2012, 12:06 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wodenus @ Jun 22 2012, 11:05 PM)
But will anything happen? the approach road is narrow and unlighted.

4 lanes boulevard still narrow? blink.gif

Added on June 22, 2012, 11:10 pm

180K for Flora Damansara? Anyone could've gotten you one for something like Rm80,000.
You must be talking about block A and B blush.gif
HouLanSaiLei, where are you, need your help here. icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by pekanmy: Jun 23 2012, 12:08 AM
+Quote Post
wodenus
post Jun 23 2012, 01:21 AM

Tree Octopus

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 23 2012, 12:06 AM)
HouLanSaiLei, where are you, need your help here. icon_question.gif
Why do you answer like that, it's hard to quote lol. Is the approach road really four lanes? it looks like it would just about fit one bus smile.gif and it is still unlighted though.

http://www.cbd.com.my/property/12721/flora-damansara-apt

Flora Damansara End Lot, Rm129k.

http://www.jefferylam.com/2010/03/31/flora...rdana-for-rent/

Block D, Rm88K.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylistin...artment_ForSale

Rm150k furnished

http://www.malaysiaproperty2u.com/o2/for-s...-f-124k-165.htm

Block F Rm124k semi-furnished.

But you're right about a lot of things, I can't live there much because of the smell from the sewerage plant near it. Also the dirt and decay, the neglect (it's a bit sad to see it.) I was there during a thunderstorm, it was sad to see all the shops leaking and the signs that say "toilet not working - no water". All the rubbish in the corridors, the lack of lighting, the smell. I seriously can't imagine not being able to flush.

But that's just me. I know there are people who are comfortable living in the jungle, and there are people who are going to look at the mess this place is in (I'm untidy lol) and wonder how I live this way. There are also people who live in huge castles with aircondtioning on all the time, wall-to-wall carpeting, a world-class chef in a dining area the size of a small restaurant, clothes that are always clean etc. who probably wonder how I live in this pigsty. But I like it, it's comfortable.

I suppose they not understanding how I can live here, is sort of like me not understanding how anyone can live there, or how anyone can live in the jungle. People adapt and then they look down on others because somehow, living in the jungle is considered worse than living in a concrete box tongue.gif

I wouldn't pay Rm180K for that, but that's not to say that anyone else wouldn't have thought it worth the price. Maybe they see what I don't. I only see the bags of rubbish and the awful smell, and the lack of lighting. And not being able to flush and being stuck in the lift. I see people that will not change their habits, even if the place changed.

I lived for a time in a rural area, squat toilets, thin foam mattress for a bed. It was (and is) much healthier than the bed I sleep in now. It was great in many ways, I could see the stars because there were no streetlights, I could see the sun set over the horizon. The roads were dirty and potholed, but the air was clean and nights were almost magic, with the air and the all the stars.

And yet, the longer I stayed there, the more I felt like a fake, like I didn't belong there. I wish I did though. It wasn't a bad place to stay.

That letter is five years old, and since then what has changed?
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 23 2012, 06:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wodenus @ Jun 23 2012, 01:21 AM)
Why do you answer like that, it's hard to quote lol. Is the approach road really four lanes? it looks like it would just about fit one bus smile.gif and it is still unlighted though.

Block D, Rm88K.

Rm150k furnished

But you're right about a lot of things, I can't live there much because of the smell from the sewerage plant near it. Also the dirt and decay, the neglect (it's a bit sad to see it.) I was there during a thunderstorm, it was sad to see all the shops leaking and the signs that say "toilet not working - no water". All the rubbish in the corridors, the lack of lighting, the smell. I seriously can't imagine not being able to flush.

But that's just me. I know there are people who are comfortable living in the jungle, and there are people who are going to look at the mess this place is in (I'm untidy lol) and wonder how I live this way. There are also people who live in huge castles with aircondtioning on all the time, wall-to-wall carpeting, a world-class chef in a dining area the size of a small restaurant, clothes that are always clean etc. who probably wonder how I live in this pigsty. But I like it, it's comfortable.

I suppose they not understanding how I can live here, is sort of like me not understanding how anyone can live there, or how anyone can live in the jungle. People adapt and then they look down on others because somehow, living in the jungle is considered worse than living in a concrete box tongue.gif

I wouldn't pay Rm180K for that, but that's not to say that anyone else wouldn't have thought it worth the price. Maybe they see what I don't. I only see the bags of rubbish and the awful smell, and the lack of lighting. And not being able to flush and being stuck in the lift. I see people that will not change their habits, even if the place changed.

I lived for a time in a rural area, squat toilets, thin foam mattress for a bed. It was (and is) much healthier than the bed I sleep in now. It was great in many ways, I could see the stars because there were no streetlights, I could see the sun set over the horizon. The roads were dirty and potholed, but the air was clean and nights were almost magic, with the air and the all the stars.

And yet, the longer I stayed there, the more I felt like a fake, like I didn't belong there. I wish I did though. It wasn't a bad place to stay.

Sorry, I don't get you rclxub.gif

+Quote Post
tat3179
post Jun 23 2012, 08:04 AM

Regular

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 22 2012, 11:46 PM)
This is at Block F. Corner unit.

Was just wondering about the purchase process and loan as this is my first.
After loan approval and I pass the bank my SnP and all, how will the bank make the payment?

I hear people using loan money to do renovation and extra stuff, but how do they do that? do they state it prior to loan application?
For that you have to get the seller to agree to do a "markup" prior before applying for loan.

For example, your agreed price is actually 100k, but you get the owner to declare in your SNP that the sale price is 120k. So long the bank approve the SNP valuation, you pay the owner the 100k and you pocket the rest.

But since you got the loan already I think it is bait too late already.

BTW, pls check your PM.
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 23 2012, 10:15 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 23 2012, 06:58 AM)
Sorry, I don't get you rclxub.gif
In short,
1. He doesn't think FD worth 180k. (but in reality it does. For 1080sqft high floor corner unit, it is around the market price.)
2. You posted your letter to Saujana Triangle Sdn Bhd five years back which they say they gonna do sthing to improve the living environment. To wodenus, 5 years gone and nothing much improved.
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post Jun 23 2012, 12:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 23 2012, 10:15 AM)
In short,
1. He doesn't think FD worth 180k. (but in reality it does. For 1080sqft high floor corner unit, it is around the market price.)
2. You posted your letter to Saujana Triangle Sdn Bhd five years back which they say they gonna do sthing to improve the living environment. To wodenus, 5 years gone and nothing much improved.
he posted d letter to show us that the structure is OK according to MK.

i was there, i saw it, but if u guys blif what d engineers say, by all means continue living here, as long ur happy

5 yrs n nothing has changed, give them another 5 yrs, see what will happen, come back here @ this forum dun forget smile.gif

40 yrs for flora 180k? 40 yrs? dun know if th building still there tongue.gif

180k for corner unit high floor is reasonable. market value is more or less there
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 23 2012, 12:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 23 2012, 10:15 AM)
In short,
The letter is not from me. It is a open letter from MK Land's Saujana regarding the complaints made by JMB. They claimed to have rectified them. I am not sure they have rectified all the complaints or not by now. I am not the first batch owner.

The coming AGM is very import, voice your complaints there. If Flora has a strong JMB, I am very sure a lot improvement can be done, so please attend the AGM and use your right as owner and be responsible for your own property. This coming AGM will be my fist.

This post has been edited by pekanmy: Jun 23 2012, 12:33 PM
+Quote Post
wodenus
post Jun 23 2012, 12:32 PM

Tree Octopus

QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 23 2012, 12:17 PM)
he posted d letter to show us that the structure is OK according to MK.

i was there, i saw it, but if u guys blif what d engineers say, by all means continue living here, as long ur happy

5 yrs n nothing has changed, give them another 5 yrs, see what will happen, come back here @ this forum dun forget smile.gif

40 yrs for flora 180k? 40 yrs? dun know if th building still there tongue.gif

180k for corner unit high floor is reasonable.  market value is more or less there
Yup.. 40 years, that's all your working life. I thought of it too, that maybe I can save this place. But even if they fix everything, they still can't fix the horrible smell from the sewerage treatment plant when the wind blows.

This post has been edited by wodenus: Jun 23 2012, 12:33 PM
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 23 2012, 12:53 PM

Getting Started

Anyone has any idea how much does a additional parking lot cost during the launching? Reasonable if the unit with additional parking selling with extra 15 to 20k?
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post Jun 23 2012, 01:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 23 2012, 12:53 PM)
Anyone has any idea how much does a additional parking lot cost during the launching? Reasonable if the unit with additional parking selling with extra 15 to 20k?
18k - covered parking
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 23 2012, 01:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HouLanSaiLei @ Jun 23 2012, 01:11 PM)
18k - covered parking
Additional carpark selling at 18k each?
+Quote Post
ahbaoahbao
post Jun 23 2012, 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Jun 22 2012, 09:26 AM)
The smart card is for the entrance at the car only ?
Yup. As what i heard, current plan is to install the entrance gate (and access card) beside the 99 Speed Mart. If the response is good enough, they may move to the next -- swimming pool and common facility. I did ask if management is going to install at lobby etc, the staff said no at this moment.

And, thus, partly it depends on the AGM..
+Quote Post
Dern
post Jun 23 2012, 05:03 PM

Regular

QUOTE(wodenus @ Jun 23 2012, 01:21 AM)

Block D, Rm88K.

Rm150k furnished

it's not whether you live there comfortably or not, but to stay in unhygienic place is an unseen danger. and that is a main thing in any development. I see that some people here reacted negatively for a rm180K for whatever sqft, I think they have valid reasons. besides, after looking at their points, somehow when i visit this development, I will be more conscious to notice certain things(yes it is true), which you might not notice should some of the forumers here dont said it. so bravo to some of them. their words are indeed correct, and not slandering or anything. so for that, if anyone here thinks rm180K for those units are cheap, be my guest to buy...afterall, the money is yours smile.gif

but my personal opinion, this developments has far more cleaning up to be done before the owners can even ask for rm180K. it may be nearby to Ikea or mutiara damansara, but it just feels so lack of hygiene...with the upcoming economic uncertainty, selling at rm180K is just totally off.
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 25 2012, 08:42 AM

Getting Started

I was actually curious of the sewage smell which was mentioned in an earlier post but somehow I did not notice it. Was this an earlier issue which was resolve or my nose is that numb? I do smell the trash near the rubbish dumb area tho. I use to stay at Pelangi Utama and was facing directly at a sewage plant, and had no issues about smell either.

I visited Flora yesterday to have a quick look on the progress of the place and I notice few things:-

1) There were about 3-4 car clamps in front of Block F which is a relief that the access card would come into place.

2) Major cleaning up is taking action. The lift and block walls in H & F seems to have it’s lorry stickers removed. That being said, those ink printed ones still remain and visible scratch marks can be seen from peeling off these vandalizing stickers.

3) There was a temple being built somewhere at the entrance of FD. There were busses coming in and out which caused quite a wait. I think the road needs to be widen as if this carries out often, it would really cause quite a jam.

Will be signing my SnP today and hope everything goes well.

+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 25 2012, 05:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 25 2012, 08:42 AM)
I was actually curious of the sewage smell which was mentioned in an earlier post but somehow I did not notice it. Was this an earlier issue which was resolve or my nose is that numb? I do smell the trash near the rubbish dumb area tho. I use to stay at Pelangi Utama and was facing directly at a sewage plant, and had no issues about smell either.

I visited Flora yesterday to have a quick look on the progress of the place and I notice few things:-

1) There were about 3-4 car clamps in front of Block F which is a relief that the access card would come into place.

2) Major cleaning up is taking action. The lift and block walls in H & F seems to have it’s lorry stickers removed. That being said, those ink printed ones still remain and visible scratch marks can be seen from peeling off these vandalizing stickers.

3) There was a temple being built somewhere at the entrance of FD. There were busses coming in and out which caused quite a wait. I think the road needs to be widen as if this carries out often, it would really cause quite a jam.

Will be signing my SnP today and hope everything goes well.
The sewage is outside Flora and is under Indah Water. Have to forward the complaint to them.

The temple is Long Mu (Mother dragon) temple is not at the entrance but in between Wisma Hasil and Flora.

Hope all goes well and again congratulation. rclxms.gif

Just for info, there is a few acres of jungle land behind block F & H that is belong to Flora.
user posted image
+Quote Post
feelgoodinc183
post Jun 25 2012, 05:24 PM

Getting Started

great!!
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 25 2012, 06:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(feelgoodinc183 @ Jun 25 2012, 05:24 PM)
great!!
For?? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
feelgoodinc183
post Jun 26 2012, 09:15 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Jun 25 2012, 06:58 PM)
For??  hmm.gif
investment smile.gif
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Jun 27 2012, 12:45 AM

Talk is Cheap

Went to Flora today to get the access cards and car stickers, than kena told said need to bring copy of SnP prove my units got parking.

Have to come back another day. Adui... doh.gif

Now problem got 1 unit currently tenanted got no parking cannot have access card.

The management claim only access card can enter into Block D onward. Said not enough visitor parking also. cry.gif

Curious what will happen with the shoplot from Block D to H ? Only cater for residents in Block D to H ? I'm sure they are not happy with it. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Alvinyeo: Jun 27 2012, 12:46 AM
+Quote Post
brother love
post Jun 27 2012, 01:03 AM

Casual

Rm180k for Flora Damansara?? Talk about being ripped off....the agent and seller must be smiling non stop....there r some future concerns and issues on the sellability but im not liable to disclose them here...some parties r trying to push up the prices and promote this place as good investment

This post has been edited by brother love: Jun 27 2012, 01:05 AM
+Quote Post
Dern
post Jun 27 2012, 01:11 AM

Regular

QUOTE(brother love @ Jun 27 2012, 01:03 AM)
Rm180k for Flora Damansara?? Talk about being ripped off....the agent and seller must be smiling non stop....there r some future concerns and issues on the sellability but im not liable to disclose them here...some parties r trying to push up the prices and promote this place as good investment
huh ? after reading the post by some of the forumers here, it is obvious, isnt it ? rm180K is really not worth it for FD...and Im saying this not because I want the people to be influenced by the words in forum here and then lower down the price so that I can buy..(yes, people in this forum do says this out to another forumer, which I think is over creative) Im saying this because, it is very simple.

Open your eyes when you visit FD. simple as that...
+Quote Post
brother love
post Jun 27 2012, 01:15 AM

Casual

The fact that the buyer applied with 6 banks, and only two bother to approve, and one back out, indicates the investment potential of this area....do u think easy for potential buyers to buy next time, with so many banks reluctant to do?? And pls, for renting, in this price range, wat kinda of reliable renters u could get?
+Quote Post
Dern
post Jun 27 2012, 01:18 AM

Regular

QUOTE(brother love @ Jun 27 2012, 01:15 AM)
The fact that the buyer applied with 6 banks, and only two bother to approve, and one back out, indicates the investment potential of this area....do u think easy for potential buyers to buy next time, with so many banks reluctant to do?? And pls, for renting, in this price range, wat kinda of reliable renters u could get?
who apply with 6 banks ?
+Quote Post
cloner
post Jun 27 2012, 01:34 AM

Regular

tkt pm pm me the concern u mention, would like to know in dept before I proceed to purchase
+Quote Post
brother love
post Jun 27 2012, 01:46 AM

Casual

Bro, save yur bullets for better days, how much do u think such place can appreciate??
+Quote Post
cloner
post Jun 27 2012, 01:58 AM

Regular

estimate with decent repairs n jmb. looking at 250k in 2yrs time. that is IF... everything goes well

come la pm me the concern.. I know not good post out in public but at Least pm smile.gif

I'm seriously thinking of buying there
+Quote Post
pekanmy
post Jun 27 2012, 02:23 AM

Getting Started

What are the future concerns and issues on the sellability of this place? You will be helping a lot of people by telling the truth or give your honest opinion. Sometime the truth hurts but it is better than.....er.. hit and run?

This post has been edited by pekanmy: Jun 27 2012, 02:24 AM
+Quote Post
lilac
post Jun 27 2012, 08:38 AM

Getting Started

Lol. I really do find this thread amusing. It's like one whole Hong Kong drama.

Honestly, the prices RM140k (850sf) / RM180k (1080sf) is the standard prices for FD at the moment. That being said, it much easier to get loan for the RM140k (850sf) as compared to the RM180k (1080sf) as the property is valued around 140k regardless.

I think the fact that we can see growth in the past few months in FD is a good sign. I think one thing which pekanmy has been constantly bringing up is... What can we do to improve the place? and that's what we want to see as well.

Pekanmy, any idea what time and where will the AGM be? It would be nice to sit in during the AGM.

This post has been edited by lilac: Jun 27 2012, 08:40 AM
+Quote Post
brother love
post Jun 27 2012, 09:01 AM

Casual

Maybe somebody think FD can follow the price appreciation of Goodyear Court in USJ...seriuosly Rm250k is going to approach some smaller Approx 400sf Ritz Perdana suites...how many people who buying for own stay willing to fork out RM 250k for such place?? And do u think u could raise the rent easily like hit commercial properties?? And how many buyers in this price range has strong financial power? All these price increase speculations r created by irresponsible agents...i knew of a few people who buying FD due to these speculations...there is too much greed nowadays...someday people will get burnt...as for the issues, its already being stated in prevoius posts, water issues, slope stabiloty, difficulty in getting financing....Assuming the price did rosed to RM250k, what if bank valued at Rm200-210k?? Do u think buyers in these income category able to raise and willing to pay the extra depsoit, in addition to the SPA fees?? RM250k monthly approx RM800-900, most buyer profiles earning net of this monthly, and maybe not yet deducting their car loans, and will they service their loans promptly? Pls do some reality check...and do u have time to attend those endless jmb meetings? The only reason the agents pushing the price is the upcoming MRT or LRT...I havent even mention the bank penalty, lock in period usually 5 years for these loan amount, RPGT, legal valuation stamping fees etc

Verdict: buy it only if u ladden with cash, for first timers, avoid like a war zone

This post has been edited by brother love: Jun 27 2012, 10:29 AM
+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 27 2012, 10:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 27 2012, 02:23 AM)
What are the future concerns and issues on the sellability of this place? You will be helping a lot of people by telling the truth or give your honest opinion. Sometime the truth hurts but it is better than.....er.. hit and run?
Yep, I'll be interested to know the other concerns and issues you know. The feedback from some of the ppl here is already bad enough. Let's see how much worse it can get. Cannot say greed la... Everyone invest also hope to get the highest gain possible. If after doing own research, you think that the place is worth investing, just go ahead. But cannot comment those buying are stupid/greedy. Unless you only plan to buy 1 house in your whole life just for your own stay. Then you are right, all of us investor are greedy. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
dino10chels
post Jun 27 2012, 10:29 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(pekanmy @ Jun 27 2012, 02:23 AM)
i would like to know more PLEASE thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
Dern
post Jun 27 2012, 10:43 AM

Regular

QUOTE(lilac @ Jun 27 2012, 08:38 AM)
Lol. I really do find this thread amusing. It's like one whole Hong Kong drama.

Honestly, the prices RM140k (850sf) / RM180k (1080sf) is the standard prices for FD at the moment. That being said, it much easier to get loan for the RM140k (850sf) as compared to the RM180k (1080sf) as the property is valued around 140k regardless.

I think the fact that we can see growth in the past few months in FD is a good sign. I think one thing which pekanmy has been constantly bringing up is... What can we do to improve the place? and that's what we want to see as well.

Pekanmy, any idea what time and where will the AGM be? It would be nice to sit in during the AGM.
it's not hong kong drama. it's the reluctant of owners to admit it, from what I read the overall picture. honestly, anyone who already own FD will not admit on the "uncommercialness" of FD and prefer the price to be raised year on year quickly(that's call greed) smile.gif it's a simple logic.

This post has been edited by Dern: Jun 27 2012, 10:44 AM
+Quote Post
HouLanSaiLei
post Jun 27 2012, 10:48 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Dern @ Jun 27 2012, 10:43 AM)
it's not hong kong drama. it's the reluctant of owners to admit it, from what I read the overall picture. honestly, anyone who already own FD will not admit on the "uncommercialness" of FD and prefer the price to be raised year on year quickly(that's call greed) smile.gif it's a simple logic.
not everyone can think logical

+Quote Post
Bali ais
post Jun 27 2012, 11:00 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Dern @ Jun 27 2012, 10:43 AM)
I think everyone is just telling what they think. Owner or ppl who buy it of coz think this prop is good then only buy. If that's the case, of coz they are saying +ve thing about the prop. But I notice that many ppl here kept thinking that those owner trying to cover the -ve stories of FD just to raised the price of FD.
Well, may be you are correct, I'm not the worm in their stomach so cant tell you exactly what they are thinking. But do try 1 thing. Go into any of the thread like "XXX" and comment that "XXX is a nasty place". As long as there is owner, I am sure your comment will get challenge. Normal reflex from owner. tongue.gif

I am personally not an owner. But I been to the place few times just to see the environment. Forum comment are just for reference. Alway