Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Proton Prevé V8, ► Official Discussions for Proton Prevé

views

ahaks75
post May 15 2012, 10:05 AM

10 posts

I got my black Preve (CFE) yesterday (14/5/2012). Booked during Power of 1 event (last day). I got it from Crystal showroom (HICOM).

1. The car is much much better than the testdrive unit

2. No lagging (very less lagging), the car start to move fast at about 1,500 rpm

3. I'm comfortable with all the features since similar with my previous merc E240.
- the autolight
- the autorain sensor
- the followme home light
- the auto up/down window
- the changing signal (flick the indicator)
- the remote boot

4. Engine sound higher than the Merc E240 (as expected) but not that much. I test with soundmeter (android), the merce is about 65db - 67db, the preve is about 66db - 68db... and my wife saga is about 68db-71db

5. First time driving CVT...and now I understand what does it mean by effortless driving. The car reach at 120km/h so easily.

6. Nice feeling when there are not many preves on the road. People even give me thumbs up when I was on KESAS yesterday.

7. Quite spacious but not as big as Merc E240 (as expected since different segment).

8. Pairing with Xperia Arc very nice... phonebook copied quite fast.

8. Problem....so far only I can hear wind noise from the back (around C pillar) on the left side. This is not happening in the testdrive unit.

Will post pictures later...since having problem with my dropbox.
ahaks75
post May 15 2012, 10:47 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(maverickng @ May 15 2012, 10:12 AM)
congrat bro rclxms.gif enjoy ur ride rclxms.gif
can i know the chasis number?newer number maybe they oredi remap the ecu for sluggish hmm.gif
The chasis number is not new. It is 1158. but the car was with service center before collection. I asked, did they re-mapped the ECU, the SA doesn't know, bu he said they re-tune the car.

QUOTE(nicedevil @ May 15 2012, 10:12 AM)
[/spoiler]

i know this is too much to ask. but can you do youtube review?  tongue.gif

like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WDrp-g3bHM
hehe.... Will try later. But the quoted review seems so professional.

Pictures attached.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
ahaks75
post May 15 2012, 10:50 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(Avens @ May 15 2012, 10:21 AM)
The test is at idling?
From idle till driving at about 120km/h. The saga 1.3 is very noisy at 120km/h hence the noise level at 71dB (sometimes 72dB).
ahaks75
post May 15 2012, 11:07 AM

10 posts

Things/features that I miss from previous car...

1. The quiet engine (actually its unfair to compare)
2. remote power window
3. parktronic
4. ambient internal light
5. remote boot that open completely
6. auto steering adjustment
7. memory seat
8. Electronic seat adjustment
9. a lot and lot of lights
10. 8 speakers, 6 airbags
11. and of course the power of 2.6L V6 engine (unfair to compare)

Things/features that are new compared to the previous car...

1. touchscreen HU
2. Navigator
3. start engine
4. cold air-cond eventhough merc has two blower system
5. easy to get in- out (seriously, this is a nice design by proton where it is easy to get in and get out. You don't have to bend too much and the floor level to the ground level is very convenient.)

overall...not much is missing from my previous car. So, not bad to downgrade at all.
ahaks75
post May 15 2012, 07:41 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ May 15 2012, 05:34 PM)
Got my baby already biggrin.gif but not yet take photo cos in a rush to get the car =D Still, the car is reluctant to move at low speed, but i hope 1st service will improve cos my chassis number 890, very early batch lol.. then brake got helicopter sound, and when turbo kicks in, the sound very loud.. And the engine is really can feel the heat lo.. also the seat adjust thingy very flimsy especially the adjust height one, but can adjust until very sibeh high, good for lady driver who is short biggrin.gif other no much complain, audio quality very nice biggrin.gif very clear sound and bass good enuf.. i tot is the plastic rattle, i think is the plastic paper cover the door rattling lol..
I have that rattle sound also in the beginning and yes it is the plastic infront of the front speaker. After remove the plastic, the sound gone.

I just realized that the alarm sound is different if the doors are not close properly.... it will not give the normal loud alarm sound but the sound is a honking sound. I think it is a good feature (maybe this feature is available in other cars, but its new to me).
ahaks75
post May 15 2012, 11:47 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ May 15 2012, 09:51 PM)

about c-pillar noise, was it wind noise?  forte also have wind noise, last week sat in my colleague's forte 1.6sx, i notice the noise comes from right side c pillar.

was it due to sound proofing not done properly or the door insulation?
Its definately wind noise...its very obviious. I believe it is due to the door insulation.

QUOTE(buana345 @ May 15 2012, 10:46 PM)
Talking about the wind noise at c pillar screen (mine at left side), I went to the service center today, their mechanics check around the door and he found the wind noise might come from the c pillar screen (small screen), because the rubber on that part is look messy. But he want to confirm with their service advisor for warranty claim before they repair it. Need to come back tomorrow (their service advisor EL today).

However, I DIY to detect where actually the sound comes from . I paste a clay at the both upper corner rubber of the small screen area. Yes, the wind noise disappears.

Tomorrow or within this week I will go back to service center, ask them to replace the rubber.
That should be the reason. Planning to rectify during 1k service.

QUOTE(kiapreve @ May 15 2012, 11:06 PM)
Bro, the issue is the airbag sign still there even when i'm driving...
This happened from today onwards
I think there is a problem with the airbag sensor. I've seen this case with other cars (saga, merc). In merc, the warning is a message "SRS malfunction, visit workshop". It is due to the airbag sensor, which mean the airbag will not be deployed in the accident. If it is intermitten case, I still believe the sensor got problem.

ahaks75
post May 16 2012, 12:23 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ May 15 2012, 11:54 PM)
i din purposely go smell the brake la lol.. is like i was around the car, but the smell is less after tonight driving, 1 thing about the car is the engine is really freaking hot..
I smell that too after taking the car and the smell dissapear at the same night. Its because the car is new. The heat outside, seems okay to me. I can feel the heat, but nothing to worry about. My previous car behave the same.
ahaks75
post May 16 2012, 12:58 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ May 16 2012, 12:50 AM)
Turbo or CVT sound? hmm.gif
For those who have the car already. One quick question. If you rev below 2K rpm, does the car move or not??
The car move. No problem. In my case, I don't have problem coming out from junction or at the roundabout. Its not as quick as nomal AT but the different is very small. I don't have to 'pedal to metal' for the car to move.
ahaks75
post May 16 2012, 10:05 AM

10 posts

I found a progress form in my car and the date stated on the form is 2/4/2012 which means my car (chasis number: 1158) was ready before the launching date. by the way, 2nd April is my birthday. Seems that the car share the same birthday with me... smile.gif

This post has been edited by ahaks75: May 16 2012, 10:44 AM
ahaks75
post May 16 2012, 10:41 AM

10 posts

Today my SA called me saying that Proton and JD power will call me to ask my experience with proton/SA. He asked me if possible to give high marks for him as it will effect his salary.

I will give high marks for him since I'm quite satisfied with his service.

JD power is another good indicator for customer satisfaction. I hope this time Proton will get high marks for JD power survey.
ahaks75
post May 16 2012, 07:55 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ May 16 2012, 01:33 PM)
Lol. Sounds legit.
If this is going back to time of yesteryears...then high likelihood. Export quality > Local Market but Exported Price < Locally available cars. Not from hearsay. Saw several protons whilst in the UK. And the quality was SEVERELY different. One of my lecturer even bought a Satria GTI for his son to drive to school. Damn sien. Hopefully Proton doesn't do another Fu*k it all attitude this time round.

Actually the price for Proton in UK is bit higher than Malaysia except when they do promotion (quite a lot). During saga and wira time, yes the price in UK is cheaper than Malaysia and this is call market penetration strategy. The same strategy is used by japs and koreans to penetrate the western market. In US for example, Korean cars are sold lower than market price.

During waja (Impian) time, the price different between Malaysia and UK is about RM 10K. But of course in UK, the car comes with airbags and ESC due to the regulations.... but other than these two, UK and Malaysian model are the same.

Regarding quality, it is still the same. They are using the same part except for some components that must be sourced out from UK/EU due to the regulations (if I'm not mistaken).

I've seen proton cars in UK with fish tank feature (water get inside the boot) and some other problems faced by Malaysian.

QUOTE(Gigabit @ May 16 2012, 04:37 PM)
Inconsistency? Official say one thing, Dealer say the other. Kalau macam ini mana ada confidence?
I think we should be sceptical with words coming out from the dealer especially regarding the delivery time. Some dealer just need orders, maybe they want to fill the chart in their office for the `booking numbers' and registered numbers'.

I think I've seen a memo from proton to the dealers to not to over promise...but I feel some dealers don't care and will give empty promise just for you to book the car.

This post has been edited by ahaks75: May 16 2012, 08:13 PM
ahaks75
post May 17 2012, 04:49 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ May 17 2012, 02:33 PM)
A bit higher? You sure bro? As in 1:1 comparison between the price and the specs. Well, the only comparison I have is the Satria GTI.

And the quality, I'm not referring to the components. Just simply, the body of the car. Notice how people call the car Tin Milo here? Not the same case with what I tested. Solid.

But this is personal opinion and observation - not vetted by any research whatsoever. So I guess hardcore proton supporters will say nay, while bashers will say aye.

I'm still in between. For now. I still stand my ground though - they used to have better quality for exports, at a more competitive price.
The price during the mitsubishi rebadge time, I believe was cheaper compared to Malaysia. But starting with Waja, the price is higher. As I said earlier, they got different accessories (safety features) due to the regulation but the price is also different. For example, waja in Malaysia is RM63K, but in UK proton Impian (waja) is about GBP 13K (at that time the conversion rate was 6.0) which is about RM75K. The Impian price is several thousands lower than Toyota Avensis. ( I still remember Jeremy compared toyota avensis 5 start rating with proton impian)

The body of the car is the same (waja and impian) and I believe its the same for other model as well.

This post has been edited by ahaks75: May 17 2012, 04:49 PM
ahaks75
post May 18 2012, 03:31 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(Chicharito7 @ May 17 2012, 08:46 PM)
congrats!

by the way, how about the humming sound or whatever sound you call it, when moving from standstill? still loud? thanks!
There is no humming sound from standstill. Maybe its because I don't have to press the pedal too much to accelerate and I can say that the dashboard is not rattling (again maybe due to the pedal thingy).

Its already 3 days old...and so far so good. The only problem I have is the wind noise at c-pillar. The boot is quite easy to close and I don't have the boot sensor problem.

Currently only driving in D mode after full tank of petrol because I want to check the fuel consumption. But sometimes I do downshift the gear.
ahaks75
post May 18 2012, 09:43 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(fit @ May 18 2012, 03:38 PM)
The car move if u let go your leg at D like normal auto car, at RPM1.5k the car aldy able move fast enuf from standstill
and further pedal will provide good pick up .. far better than the test unit where the whole dashboard vibrate when i pedal in...
Indeed, the car is much better than the testdrive unit. At rpm 1.5K, the car move nicely. No sluggish feeling and no rattling from the dashboard like the testdrive unit. Btw my chasis number is 1158.

Today I drove quite far (for the first time) to Melaka. The car is fun to drive. I really like the suspension setting. On the way to Melaka, I saw a treler with some proton cars including preve heading south. refer to attached pic.

Just want to share the picture of gear indicator at night with full brightness setting. N and R are brighter compared to the rest.

This post has been edited by ahaks75: May 18 2012, 09:52 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
ahaks75
post May 18 2012, 09:50 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ May 18 2012, 09:23 PM)
yes did make appointment. four days before i go there.

Added on May 18, 2012, 9:30 pm

Oh this one story not yet complete...
7) Check see why my light open DLR and the small light when i put in auto during morning and also my wiper not responding when got light drizzle rain. suppose to start the level 1 wipe then stop. I already change the sensitivity of the wiper to the max +++sign. can i open just the drl light without the back light on? during morning or afternoon i just want open drl light i dont want my back to have light. only after i open the small light then only the back light on can or not? can it be set using their diagnostic system?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Husni explain during morning around 6.30am or 7.30am if the sun no direct at the sensor on your windscreen you will still have the light out unless you close it. He say most of the preve owner dont ask how it work. They not too sure on it but don't ask. They say i am good got ask so they explain on how the wiper works. some read manual already still dunno how it works. So he show me how to make wiper auto works. he says push lever top once. it will start to wipe. then go back to neutral. then push back the lever down one level. then he use my water bottle pour it near to the sensor. It works. so you must push up once put in neutral then push down lever once in order to activate the auto wiper. If rain heavier it will go faster automatically.

In my case, I just set the wiper to auto setting (the wiper will start once and stop.) The wiper will start automatically whenever its raining and the speed will change according to the rain quantity. This is the same behaviour with my previous car as well. I never change the wiper setting. It is always at the `auto' position.

As for the light in the early morning.. yes its due to the amount of light received by the sensor. The light will switch off automatically if the sensor receive certain amount of light.
ahaks75
post May 18 2012, 10:17 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(dinwaja @ May 18 2012, 09:53 PM)
melaka is not that far...only 1 hour from Sg Besi Tol Plaza to Ayer Keroh...
Yes, its not far. On the way to Melaka I have to drive at 150-160km/h due to late for meeting. On the way back, I drove at 110-120km/h and reach bukit mahkota in 40 minutes. from full tank, I've driven 440km (mix driving) and have one more bar. No fuel warning yet.
ahaks75
post May 18 2012, 11:08 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(mutt @ May 18 2012, 10:38 PM)
full tank RM80 right?
RM 84.00 with about 5 litre left in the tank.

This post has been edited by ahaks75: May 18 2012, 11:09 PM
ahaks75
post May 19 2012, 09:05 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(mhsey75 @ May 19 2012, 08:56 AM)
we buy Proton or Perodua because we can't afford to buy other car. That is the ultimate reason right?
err.. maybe not.

I bought preve with cash (after trade-in my previous car). With that kind of money, sure I can dump as a deposit to other brands and taking 7 or 9 years loan, the monthly payment will not be high.

But, I choose Preve. Why ? To me, I think it is the best value for money. With such specifications + 5 years warranty + 10 years power window warranty + cheaper maintenance.... I think its best buy.
ahaks75
post May 19 2012, 09:32 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(DryCell @ May 19 2012, 09:13 AM)

My chassis no is 1752. Plate no BLR 8XXX. Acceleration is a little sluggish as most of the early batch guys who got the car experienced the same. Will get it check on the 1st service. Braking also helicopter sound but i 100% sure that it is because of new break pad. So need some time. Tested braking after a high speed (100km/h) breaking is good. Noise is there like i mentioned but after i brake hard and stop, a bit of smell. Burning smell from the and brake side. I believe the OEM brakes are not for high speed braking. Could be wrong though. Will be getting my Ferodo brakes after the 5K service.

Erm if we change the brake pad does the warranty void? NOt sure need to find this out before proceed. Sound from inside the cabin is ok. Acceptable. Engine sound can be heard but i can live with that. No problem. More thrill i would say hahaha.

Right rear door could not be close with minimal force. So have to slam a bit hard to close it properly. Will get it sorted on the 1st service too. My mileage before taking the car is 45km. So i believe i still have a long way to go for 1st service.

No wind noise from inside or left rear like some of them experience. Drove about 160km/h yesterday to Putrajaya no wind noise. So it is good. Very stable car. Nice and firm steering.

Ok guys, this is for now. Will post details later. Need to read all the manuals first. To all who haven't got the car....this car is worth waiting my friend. Hope you guys will get asap.
Congrats.

Yeah, the brake helicopter sound is due to the brake is new. In my case, soon I got the car out from PE COE and when press the brake, I can hear the helicopter sound and the car like jerking.... But the next day, all is gone. The burning smell is also because its still new. The next day, no more burning smell.

I don't have problem the lagging and don't have problem with all the doors and boot (all can be shut with minimal push/force) but I do have problem with wind noise. I can hear the wind noise even at 80km/h. So, SC should be able to fix the door issue.
ahaks75
post May 19 2012, 02:19 PM

10 posts

I think the side mirror should auto unfold when the engine start instead of when the car move at 5km/h. If not when reversing we have to press button to unfold the side mirror.

I believe it is easy to change and it will only involve software/coding adjustment. How to ask proton to consider this ?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0506sec    0.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:02 PM