Group: Junior Member

Wah..... New car.........
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
moment900
post May 18 2012, 07:23 PM

It seems that Penang people start to get their car already, maybe my turn coming soooooonnnnn.......
+Quote Post
arthur88
post May 18 2012, 07:28 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(moment900 @ May 18 2012, 07:23 PM)
It seems that Penang people start to get their car already, maybe my turn coming soooooonnnnn.......
TT soon for penang~kia....hahaha
+Quote Post
Longtian
post May 18 2012, 07:33 PM

Group: New Member

i think mostly that booked when or before launch will get their car soon because i already saw 3 times trailers gt preve on it passby my place here today~another good news is my SA juz called and confirm my car will reach his showroom on monday and i can collect on wednesday~
Hooray~damm happy now~
+Quote Post
pesal84
post May 18 2012, 07:36 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(Longtian @ May 18 2012, 07:33 PM)
i think mostly that booked when or before launch will get their car soon because i already saw 3 times trailers gt preve on it passby my place here today~another good news is my SA juz called and confirm my car will reach his showroom on monday and i can collect on wednesday~
Hooray~damm happy now~
Which showrum
+Quote Post
eistern
post May 18 2012, 08:02 PM

QUOTE(ben3003 @ May 18 2012, 11:59 AM)
don have sad.gif no free gift, maybe here market not big, they cannot earn much so no much incentive also.. 1 showroom only less than 10 bookings here..
did u got ur yes dongle?

+Quote Post
odneliat
post May 18 2012, 08:30 PM

Just got my car..
user posted image

Blue Lagoon CFE

+Quote Post
bornd
post May 18 2012, 08:40 PM

Getting Started

My friend at Proton confirmed that they've to focus more on CFE now.. they only can produce around 4k of preve per month.. so the ratio will be 1:1:2 and CFE queue still overwhelmed..
+Quote Post
eXnikaru
post May 18 2012, 08:42 PM

I just made my downpayment today will get my car next week..number plate done and get a chasis number 15xx..I think it should be the 1st batch..Any1 received car recently with chasis number below 3000 and the pick up still sluggish and need ECU retune?
I hope my white baby is already retune..and about the foglight cover which is missing in 1st batch..any1 can confirm?
+Quote Post
bornd
post May 18 2012, 08:45 PM

Getting Started

today? and get car next week?
+Quote Post
dinwaja
post May 18 2012, 08:46 PM

Casual

QUOTE(eistern @ May 18 2012, 08:02 PM)
did u got ur yes dongle?
why dongle? should be Huddle...
+Quote Post
eXnikaru
post May 18 2012, 08:46 PM

I booked on 29th of March lar... sad.gif
+Quote Post
thorrellius
post May 18 2012, 08:50 PM

QUOTE(tkaira @ May 18 2012, 03:26 PM)
thats goo to here..my chassis nu is 106*  cry.gif cant wait to have ecu remapped..btw some squicking sounds have appeared from the boot  sweat.gif nt sure what it is  doh.gif
Just adjust the two plastic holder holding the two long rods under the bootlid. The plastic holders are used to ensure the rods dont touch each other. I think that shud solve it.
+Quote Post
K2002
post May 18 2012, 08:58 PM

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Directory
user posted image

Parking For Customer
user posted image

Spotted a Blue CFE. Dunno whos the owner.. Beside the receptionist area...in real life eye.....the blue color seems to be nicer... the iphone lens cannot capture the true color...i dunno maybe just me seeing it differently..
user posted image

Two days ago. go to COSE. Got into at 7.20am. 8 am sharp I pass my car to the Receptionist Service Advisor... his name is Mr. Rasidi.

1030 My Mileage.

at around 9.30am he says my car already service. Complete. I have whole list of stuffs that i need to check. He say luckily the CAT team is around. CAT team is specifically created for preve. So any customer complain they can act to it and logged down into their customer complain book. I gave them my list of essay. One by one I check with them. Four people overall but i only talk to two most of the time. Mr Shamsudin is the technical personnel at CAT.. I am not that technical so he explain me in layman term and Mr Husni he is the one initiate to ask the foreman to change stuffs for me and re check my door lock (door lock not a problem just a bit hard to close at the back...)

My list...apparently they took my two page of A4 paper essay to photostat they say want to keep record...

1) Not sure if I just put in full petrol using petronas 95(when using BHP dont have that feel) ... Feel like not enough power if it is below 60kmph. Feel like want to mati engine. Check and see why my car mati engine when i try to reverse. Is not cold start. It is after journey. after rain..so should be no issue like temperature that cause it to mati engine. it is flat road. no uphill or down hill reverse.
Question and answer from CAT Team: they ask how many time it occurs i say only one. They say till now only total of 10 preve been service in cose.
This one they will check further. they still not sure what contribute to the engine mati condition. They say am i going off when cold start i say no. after journey of 30 mins on the road highway reach office want to reverse parking. advice on this. if reoccur we will look into this closely. for now try to when in D mode dont suddenly press R and press the pedal. break when in D switch to N a while then switch to R then only press accelerator. But until now nothing happen. Maybe during that time my car still move forward and i quickly change to R then press accelerator...i not too sure CAT team also never encounter that to any of their test machine.

2) My Paint issue on the passenger door driver side on the right. got three patch like three spot around 2 inch diameter a bit blur. only can be seen under light and at 25 or 30 degree angle. i think they did not check properly before apply clear coat. the surface is smooth but can see there is a different color tone. little bit light silver...compare to other color which is properly mix..
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Shamsudin told Mr Rasidi to take that to note. They will try to send my application to HQ Tanjung Malim. If approve they will ask see if can touch up my paint at the back bumper. (I terlanggar pasu bunga....sendiri punya masalah.) but they say try to ask them if free then do it. if need to charge they will call me first before proceed and ask me if i want or not. They use sticker to stick and took picture fill in form then send to tanjung malim plant.. that is where the paint place they says..

3) Fog lamp area. dunno suppose to have hole or is it suppose to be closed.
left got hole is it suppose to be like that to let hot air out? or they forget to fit that plastic cover?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Shamsudin told me the other hole is for the hot air to come out. All cars is like that. They already take note on this and will check if all new batch got any cover. No changes on the cover.

4) My gear lever indicator light. all the other alphabet not as bright as N and R. green and red color..the rest white color very light only even after adjust brightness.
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Husni bring me to several preve cars around the Service Center. 4 cars and show me is all the same. Even show me to change the dashboard brightness and i told him i already know this. Cause i thought all color is same brightness like N and R. He told me to look at dashboard when change the gear. Cause i told him at night when i switch my gear i cannot see...so at one time i switch to N at hill slope..i press the accelerator my car go backward...i change back P change again...again is N so i think the white color need to clearer. So he say he will take note and maybe will let the new batch cars have this feature. I think is all design same.

5) My Rim everyday full of brake dust. Black color dust. Not sure the brake they use is low quality or what. Is it suppose to have brake dust everyday or it must be clean? at this rate i think every three or six month need to replace brake pad already. i scared the brake pad finish fast then it will cost my disc plate to become uneven if not change on time..
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Shamsudin told me the brake dust is normal. Even if high quality or low quality brake pad it will still come out with brake dust. Apply to all new or old car that got disc brake. Our brake pad is made in Malaysia. low cost but quality wise is good. It is made of more than 120 different raw materials to create this brake pad. Thats why our braking system is stop faster. Bigger plate and good brake pad.

6) Check to see if my coin get into the gear box console area. coins and paper might slip in and i afraid that it will cause harm to my cvt gear.
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Shamsudin told me not to worry. Coin or paper fall inside also nevermind..cause nothing is in there just carpet. It will not reach the CVT gear box it wont spoilt it. I ask if can take out. He say can but better dont cause is new dont take out and reassemble. Only one coin. and is 20 cent coins. If during the process take out the whole center console cause the plastic to break then is a tedious process again to check for parts and replace. ok i leave it...just 20 cent anyway.

7) Check see why my light open DLR and the small light when i put in auto during morning and also my wiper not responding when got light drizzle rain. suppose to start the level 1 wipe then stop. I already change the sensitivity of the wiper to the max +++sign. can i open just the drl light without the back light on? during morning or afternoon i just want open drl light i dont want my back to have light. only after i open the small light then only the back light on can or not? can it be set using their diagnostic system?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Husni explain during morning around 6.30am or 7.30am if the sun no direct at the sensor on your windscreen you will still have the light out unless you close it. He say most of the preve owner dont ask how it work. They not too sure on it but don't ask. They say i am good got ask so they explain on how the wiper works. some read manual already still dunno how it works. So he show me how to make wiper auto works. he says push lever top once. it will start to wipe. then go back to neutral. then push back the lever down one level. then he use my water bottle pour it near to the sensor. It works. so you must push up once put in neutral then push down lever once in order to activate the auto wiper. If rain heavier it will go faster automatically.

8) check and see why my passenger door right hand side near my driver door. cannot be close properly must use harder force to close.
Question and answer from CAT Team: I use same force....(not sure if i can agak agak my strength but i know i use the same amount of strength the back doors at the back left and right cannot close tight...is like harder to close. ) So Mr Husni show to me. wind down your window one and then try close again. The vacuum cost it harder to close. Is still new the door latch still tight like got spring and add with the vacuum. He say as you can see the front door is shorter little bit than the back door length so is heavier also. not much but a bit. So indeed is easier to close with the window wind down. cause the air can go out. All the rubber sealing make it become vacuum tight.

9) Check my window lining at the passenger side left front seat place. it is not as firm attach as the other three window.
Question and answer from CAT Team:Mr Husni immediately ask the foreman to change the whole window lining for me. No Charges. They saw it is like a bit flimsy and not tight enough. after change same as other window.

10) The sluggish start from 0 to 5kmph.. need to press until around 1800 to launch the car... or maybe 2000 is it is in roundabout situation. or should i press harder and get use to it?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Shamsudin says Euro 5 emission standard that's why they want the fumes to come out lesser. Carbon Monoksida can come out lesser. base on him only domestic people complain. At oversea no one will complain. Starting slow is never mind even you press little bit 1.5k can move car already. I told him if like that my oil will become lesser he say no it is already been calibrate in such away during the initial start it will not consume that much plus also the clutch plate from the CVT take time to close. After 1000 or 5000 or 10000 service it will be better when everything is loosen up.

11) ask not to use X1R. and ask not to use Magnetec....
Question and answer from CAT Team:Mr Rasidi told me Magnatrap good can trap all the metal stuffs down there. So after the wash brain I say ok..Magnatrap cost RM68. is a piece of magnet that put down at the oil sum to trap the metal stuffs..he says. can make engine live longer. I told not to use X1R. I selected fully synthetic oil. He say customer can select full or semi. anyway around 5000 also need to check and go for service. 10k also need. So the schedule will be 1k, 5k and 10k is compulsory. then from then you can select semi or fully.... for me i will use fully all the way...i want to take care my engine. My total.. 1K service is RM268.55. without that magnatrap it will only cost 200.55

12) Ask them to use coolant to replace rather than water to replace. for my radiator safety
Question and answer from CAT Team:Mr Husni says no change on this. first 1K no change coolant water. So no need worry.

13) ask them remap ECU and or TCU(I dunno what is this) Sd2-MC-Proton_MSB_D_2012 v4 any one way valve issue?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Shamsudin says if got one way valve issue during cold start can have a sound like louder than normal. his sound tak tak tak tak...but i dunno i think dun have so he say if dont have no one way valve issue. It will have affect on the fuel consumption if have. and for the ECU or TCU remap he says no need. actually the HQ did not recommend to change or retune any ECU. He says no doubt this ECU version can help to eliminate the sluggish issue but for now no need to change anything. He will check and see if all new batch car have this ECU remap then it will be official for now no memo or anything from HQ indicating to change ECU remap.

No ECU remap. He say no need to do it. No memo or anything official from the HQ but indeed after 1000 service I feel response on paddle faster i usually need to press till 1.8 to 2k to move car now 1.5 i can move car already. and i can feel the car more responsive...maybe due to i use the fully synthetic oil. i think it is thinner. that's why the car more responsive. so anyone of you if really insist on changing they have no choice but change. he ask me can go with it without change i say still can but if can get faster start during my traffic light and roundabout i feel more safe la. ask me to go back during 5k and see if really need they will do it.

14) Ask and see why my engine sound loud. or am I too sensitive? In cabin not much sound can be heard just outside when i warm up my car...i feel the sound is louder than my neighbor honda citu idsi...old car..i jealous..why my new car engine sound louder or is it turbo charge engine will have that characteristic?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Husni and Mr Shamsudin told me. All turbo cars will be heaty and a little bit noisier from the NA. the whinning sound from CVT and from turbo unit they already set it very minimal by putting alot of sound proof on this car. he ask me to touch the car ceiling and the floor when take out the floor mat. all is like soft sponge. This car is most heavily sound proof. You know usually turbo car got the blow off valve that have psssts sound. That is also have even a soft turbo but they already eliminate all that. This is a family sedan not a sports car so usually old people don't like the sound. Is just that young people like some will like some dont like. So the engine sound when start let him hear he says is normal.

So after all the conversation...i got chance to kacau Mr Husni smoking break time...and ask him about the car delay send by Sales Agent at various place around Malaysia he says...now total got 7686 order (in 1 month) 75% is CFE variant. I ask is it cause of not enough turbo engine he the only thing he can comment is vendor fault on not giving enough parts. Thats why cannot cope and need everyone to wait for one or two months. He says proton already do their best to delay the oversea sale and make sure all demand from here properly cover first.

So only change black oil, change window lining, put magnatrap. at the end I end up go back at 1pm. from 8 am to 1pm.

reach home at 2pm have a nap ZZzzz...

that's all the whole long story of a half day in COSE.

This post has been edited by K2002: May 18 2012, 09:31 PM
+Quote Post
WhitE LighteR
post May 18 2012, 09:19 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
Group: Senior Member

7) Check see why my light open DLR and the small light when i put in auto during morning and also my wiper not responding when got light drizzle rain. suppose to start the level 1 wipe then stop. I already change the sensitivity of the wiper to the max +++sign. can i open just the drl light without the back light on? during morning or afternoon i just want open drl light i dont want my back to have light. only after i open the small light then only the back light on can or not? can it be set using their diagnostic system?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Husni explain during morning around 6.30 or 7.30 if the sun no direct at the sensor on your windscreen you will still have the light out unless you close it. He say most of the preve owner dont ask how it work. They not too sure on it but don't ask. They say i am good got ask so they explain on how the wiper works. some read manual already still dunno how it works.

Dont really understand this part...

13) ask them remap ECU and or TCU(I dunno what is this) Sd2-MC-Proton_MSB_D_2012 v4 any one way valve issue?
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Shamsudin says if got one way valve issue during cold start can have a sound like louder than normal. his sound tak tak tak tak...but i dunno i think dun have so he say if dont have no one way valve issue. It will have affect on the fuel consumption if have. and for the ECU or TCU remap he says no need. actually the HQ did not recommend to change or retune any ECU. He says no doubt this ECU version can help to eliminate the sluggish issue but for now no need to change anything. He will check and see if all new batch car have this ECU remap then it will be official for now no memo or anything from HQ indicating to change ECU remap.

Means he didnt want to do it for you lo?
+Quote Post
maverickng
post May 18 2012, 09:20 PM

notworthy.gif very informatic...thank for sharing
thinking going to coe for service...since CAT team always there... thumbup.gif
did u make appointment for the service?
+Quote Post
K2002
post May 18 2012, 09:23 PM

QUOTE(maverickng @ May 18 2012, 09:20 PM)

notworthy.gif very informatic...thank for sharing
thinking going to coe for service...since CAT team always there... thumbup.gif
did u make appointment for the service?
yes did make appointment. four days before i go there.

Added on May 18, 2012, 9:30 pm
QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ May 18 2012, 09:19 PM)
Dont really understand this part...
Means he didnt want to do it for you lo?
Oh this one story not yet complete...
Question and answer from CAT Team: Mr Husni explain during morning around 6.30am or 7.30am if the sun no direct at the sensor on your windscreen you will still have the light out unless you close it. He say most of the preve owner dont ask how it work. They not too sure on it but don't ask. They say i am good got ask so they explain on how the wiper works. some read manual already still dunno how it works. So he show me how to make wiper auto works. he says push lever top once. it will start to wipe. then go back to neutral. then push back the lever down one level. then he use my water bottle pour it near to the sensor. It works. so you must push up once put in neutral then push down lever once in order to activate the auto wiper. If rain heavier it will go faster automatically.

Yes no ECU remap. He say no need to do it. No memo or anything official from the HQ but indeed after 1000 service I feel response on paddle faster i usually need to press till 1.8 to 2k to move car now 1.5 i can move car already. and i can feel the car more responsive...maybe due to i use the fully synthetic oil. i think it is thinner. that's why the car more responsive. so anyone of you if really insist on changing they have no choice but change. he ask me can go with it without change i say still can but if can get faster start during my traffic light and roundabout i feel more safe la. ask me to go back during 5k and see if really need they will do it.

This post has been edited by K2002: May 18 2012, 09:30 PM
+Quote Post
ahaks75
post May 18 2012, 09:43 PM

QUOTE(fit @ May 18 2012, 03:38 PM)
The car move if u let go your leg at D like normal auto car, at RPM1.5k the car aldy able move fast enuf from standstill
and further pedal will provide good pick up .. far better than the test unit where the whole dashboard vibrate when i pedal in...
Indeed, the car is much better than the testdrive unit. At rpm 1.5K, the car move nicely. No sluggish feeling and no rattling from the dashboard like the testdrive unit. Btw my chasis number is 1158.

Today I drove quite far (for the first time) to Melaka. The car is fun to drive. I really like the suspension setting. On the way to Melaka, I saw a treler with some proton cars including preve heading south. refer to attached pic.

Just want to share the picture of gear indicator at night with full brightness setting. N and R are brighter compared to the rest.

This post has been edited by ahaks75: May 18 2012, 09:52 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
K2002
post May 18 2012, 09:47 PM

QUOTE(ahaks75 @ May 18 2012, 09:43 PM)
Indeed, the car is much better than the testdrive unit. At rpm 1.5K, the move nicely. No sluggish feeling and no rattling from the dashboard like the testdrive unit. Btw my chasis number is 1158.

Today I drove quite far (for the first time) to Melaka. The car is fun to drive. I really like the suspension setting. On the way to Melaka, I saw a treler with some proton cars including preve heading south. refer to attached pic.

Just want to share the picture of gear indicator at night with full brightness setting. N and R are brighter compared to the rest.
yes this is what i have. the brightness be brighter...white will be a bit dim. and N R will be the brightest.
+Quote Post
viperz982
post May 18 2012, 09:49 PM

Getting Started

before 1k service hmm.gif

user posted image

full tank after 1k service not yet finish

will update later after next visit to petrol station nod.gif