Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Enquiries/Recommendations ASUS BAD WARRANTY SERVICE, DO NOT BUY ASUS!!

views

Cherant
post Mar 28 2018, 01:28 PM

32 posts

I have to give you a warning - Never go to the Asus service centre in Lowyat. It is shady as hell. I will list my experience for you in why I think so.

1. The service centre doesn't have a telephone and e-mail. The number they give you is to the main call centre, not the service centre's itself. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

2. Fast forward when I got a friend to collect the laptop for me cuz I had been candid with the Asus guys there when I brought my machine that I am not from KL. The smiley counter guy through my friend's phone told me the RM100 deposit included the inspection, CLEANING and everything. Rewind back me dropping off the machine and returning to my hometown devoid of an Asus service centre. I got a 'private call' from a service worker's personal mobile offering to clean my machine's insides for RM50. Why is that relevant? Because my friend went to pick up the laptop and I was charged RM50 more than the price he himself told me on the phone.

Receipt was lost in the mail, and I cannot call or email the service centre to request a new receipt, and the call centre is useless because they only can check status of your repairs and they don't have any useful information whatsoever. Now I know why the smiley counter guy was so eager to give me this tel. no. Now I'm stuck at who lied to me. The service centre, or my friend. It's not as big a matter as it should be and I might not be 100% careful enough but what I'm saying is that this all could have been avoided if they had any kind of contact whatsoever.

I wish to know if you guys have this RM50 extra cleaning fee or was I scammed with this under-the-table sort of money from the Lowyat service centre. I just can't get over the fact that the counter guy seemed dodgy when he went 'we clean if you request' while specifically avoiding the answer of if cleaning was included in the deposit or a separate charge. Either it is a common practice or not, if it is true, I recommend you just go elsewhere that would be more candid with you. They also don't have service to help you send the machine back through mail; I don't care if they charge for it (which they have all the right to), but what I'm saying is basically they don't have any service that other service centres nowadays have.

I was also 'lucky' enough to witness a service worker offering a customer an under-the-table deal of changing his battery part immediately if he had the money. This is debatable amongst you maybe because some of you prefer this 'flexibility'.

They also tell you your laptop MUST be formatted while going through their process and I the invoice it says "can format". Like what the fuq can you be honest please.

And frankly I do not know if they have replaced my hardware with something else. Something is fishy. I don't trust them and frankly I kind of regret sending my machine in to them.

The Lowyat service centre has the location and they know it. I just advise you to go somewhere else.

EDIT: My battery was fine when I went in. Now I just tested it and it's fucking not charging. 0%. They might have done something to it or swapped it. What do I do now.

UPDATE 2: Now it keeps turning off for no reason. I turn it on again and it acted like it was recently asleep. I checked my settings and it's not supposed to even fall asleep. EVER.

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY COMPUTER?!?!

This post has been edited by Cherant: Mar 31 2018, 01:28 AM
Pharamain
post Mar 28 2018, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(Cherant @ Mar 28 2018, 01:28 PM)
I have to give you a warning - Never go to the Asus service centre in Lowyat. It is shady as hell. I will list my experience for you in why I think so.

1. The service centre doesn't have a telephone and e-mail. The number they give you is to the main call centre, not the service centre's itself. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

2. Fast forward when I got a friend to collect the laptop for me cuz I had been candid with the Asus guys there when I brought my machine that I am not from KL. The smiley counter guy through my friend's phone told me the RM100 deposit included the inspection, CLEANING and everything. Rewind back me dropping off the machine and returning to my hometown devoid of an Asus service centre. I got a 'private call' from a service worker's personal mobile offering to clean my machine's insides for RM50. Why is that relevant? Because my friend went to pick up the laptop and I was charged RM50 more than the price he himself told me on the phone.

Receipt was lost in the mail, and I cannot call or email the service centre to request a new receipt, and the call centre is useless because they only can check status of your repairs and they don't have any useful information whatsoever. Now I know why the smiley counter guy was so eager to give me this tel. no. Now I'm stuck at who lied to me. The service centre, or my friend. It's not as big a matter as it should be and I might not be 100% careful enough but what I'm saying is that this all could have been avoided if they had any kind of contact whatsoever.

I wish to know if you guys have this RM50 extra cleaning fee or was I scammed with this under-the-table sort of money from the Lowyat service centre. I just can't get over the fact that the counter guy seemed dodgy when he went 'we clean if you request' while specifically avoiding the answer of if cleaning was included in the deposit or a separate charge. Either it is a common practice or not, if it is true, I recommend you just go elsewhere that would be more candid with you. They also don't have service to help you send the machine back through mail; I don't care if they charge for it (which they have all the right to), but what I'm saying is basically they don't have any service that other service centres nowadays have.

I was also 'lucky' enough to witness a service worker offering a customer an under-the-table deal of changing his battery part immediately if he had the money. This is debatable amongst you maybe because some of you prefer this 'flexibility'.

They also tell you your laptop MUST be formatted while going through their process and I  the invoice it says "can format". Like what the fuq can you be honest please.

And frankly I do not know if they have replaced my hardware with something else. Something is fishy. I don't trust them and frankly I kind of regret sending my machine in to them.

The Lowyat service centre has the location and they know it. I just advise you to go somewhere else.
But still need to send it back to them for warranty right, now im worry...
System Error Message
post Mar 28 2018, 02:36 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

I'll give tips on using asus service from my experience. I've not used it in malaysia though.

1) try to use the service from ASUS website. This is typically the best way.

2) if an option you need isnt available on the website, google to get their inside contacts and email them. Dont expect same/next day reply but rather a week. Once contacted, make sure to explain that a particular service (i.e. warranty for something) isnt available on asus website, describe the issue and provide the details (like serial) and any images if relevant (i.e. damages)

3) Once the service is ordered, make sure to get an address to mail it to. Make sure that the address isnt a random private address but rather a business/factory one.

4) Mail your item (typically you will have to do this yourself as this isnt amazon) and take note, make sure to use a signed service at least (tracking is better). If required, make sure a return is also covered by either party negotiated beforehand.

This is how you use asus warranty service, for customer service, use website/phone . This will skip all the shady stuff and red tape as like with many branches in malaysia arent owned by the company rather by some other guy who puts the company logo at his shop (just like telco 3rd party reseller). Despite this being a low yat site, i still dont recommend going to low yat for anything, be it repairs, service, shopping mainly because of the shady nature of many shops and staff.
Cherant
post Mar 28 2018, 08:27 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Mar 28 2018, 02:36 PM)
Despite this being a low yat site, i still dont recommend going to low yat for anything, be it repairs, service, shopping mainly because of the shady nature of many shops and staff.
You have to wonder how they get their business though. Like how are they still able to stay in business with what I assume to be a high-rent place...

I think most people would have the same thoughts as you. So far I only buy necessities like pendrives and printers and simple stuff. How do you think those laptop guys still stay up?

Cherant
post Mar 28 2018, 08:35 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Mar 28 2018, 02:36 PM)
I'll give tips on using asus service from my experience. I've not used it in malaysia though.

1) try to use the service from ASUS website. This is typically the best way.

2) if an option you need isnt available on the website, google to get their inside contacts and email them. Dont expect same/next day reply but rather a week. Once contacted, make sure to explain that a particular service (i.e. warranty for something) isnt available on asus website, describe the issue and provide the details (like serial) and any images if relevant (i.e. damages)

3) Once the service is ordered, make sure to get an address to mail it to. Make sure that the address isnt a random private address but rather a business/factory one.

4) Mail your item (typically you will have to do this yourself as this isnt amazon) and take note, make sure to use a signed service at least (tracking is better). If required, make sure a return is also covered by either party negotiated beforehand.

This is how you use asus warranty service, for customer service, use website/phone . This will skip all the shady stuff and red tape as like with many branches in malaysia arent owned by the company rather by some other guy who puts the company logo at his shop (just like telco 3rd party reseller). Despite this being a low yat site, i still dont recommend going to low yat for anything, be it repairs, service, shopping mainly because of the shady nature of many shops and staff.
Unfortunately in Malaysia the website directs you exactly to the shitty service centres...
System Error Message
post Mar 29 2018, 03:17 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(Cherant @ Mar 28 2018, 08:27 PM)
You have to wonder how they get their business though. Like how are they still able to stay in business with what I assume to be a high-rent place...

I think most people would have the same thoughts as you. So far I only buy necessities like pendrives and printers and simple stuff. How do you think those laptop guys still stay up?
they service other businesses, typically those businesses are people they know and a lot of hardware they use are old. I've walked around low yat years before when it was less shady going around the shady areas, the hardwares around there were ancient at that time which they were repairing. So they do have revenue.

They also get business by overpricing perhaps to some sucker who doesnt know a thing.

Also if asus website is bad, just look for the service manager contact. If the asian contact is unreliable try one thats in taiwan or any major place thats decent.
hammetts
post Mar 29 2018, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Doest this also apply to their ROG lineup? currently looking to buy Gaming Laptop. Asus current promo with the limited edition g shock is really tempting.

But if aftersales is Bad. Its a deal breaker.
edmund_yung
post Mar 29 2018, 11:12 PM

Regular
1,194 posts

Seems like getting an Illegear or MSI laptop is much better than Asus.
Cherant
post Mar 29 2018, 11:30 PM

32 posts

Just posting it here in case anyone knows what happened to my battery. I sent it in FINE. Even turned it on with the battery to show them my keyboard problem. Discussed about mailing my laptop back to me cuz I'm honest I'm not from KL and where I'm from there's no service centre. In the end had to arrange my own transport and mail service months later and fucking thing arrived with my battery totally 0%, plugged in, charging and fine, but just 0% forever. 'KL friend' potentially lost the receipt to charge me extra or the service centre did.

Seriously these guys at Lowyat service centre. Axxon or something? Like screw this. I'm complaining about this somewhere. I need pointers on what to do.

Create a problem and charge for the solution. Like what the heck this is unacceptable.

Laptop went to them on 9 Feb and I got it in the mail on 28th March. What the fuck happened to my battery??

This post has been edited by Cherant: Mar 31 2018, 01:29 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Eluuna
post Mar 30 2018, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

I do heard a lot of ASUS bad service rumor, but this is bad
Cherant
post Apr 4 2018, 02:10 AM

32 posts

Just checked in to tell you more problems. DirectX keeps giving me errors and I got kicked to low priority queue in LoL cuz directX issues directly kick me out of the game entirely. I keep doing stuff and guides online on how to repair it. Now I'm too assed to wait for 20 minutes or something to test it again.

Help me. Like please. 5k laptop to thin air and I have no receipt cuz someone lost it or potentially "lost" it so he could charge me more money.
kyLL
post Apr 4 2018, 05:37 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

If you havent sent in an official email, I suggest you start with that. See what their global CS has to say. if that doesnt do anything then I'd raise this up to official asus FB page etc already if you've sufficient documentation. build up your case. post on their FB. spam kao them.

Posting here pretty much gets nothing.
pandera999
post Apr 6 2018, 09:13 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(Cherant @ Mar 29 2018, 11:30 PM)
Just posting it here in case anyone knows what happened to my battery. I sent it in FINE. Even turned it on with the battery to show them my keyboard problem. Discussed about mailing my laptop back to me cuz I'm honest I'm not from KL and where I'm from there's no service centre. In the end had to arrange my own transport and mail service months later and fucking thing arrived with my battery totally 0%,  plugged in, charging and fine, but just 0% forever. 'KL friend' potentially lost the receipt to charge me extra or the service centre did.

Seriously these guys at Lowyat service centre. Axxon or something? Like screw this. I'm complaining about this somewhere. I need pointers on what to do.

Create a problem and charge for the solution. Like what the heck this is unacceptable.

Laptop went to them on 9 Feb and I got it in the mail on 28th March. What the fuck happened to my battery??
I tot warranty can register online and its covered by asus service center? and for shop references, yea, receipt is important.. i think they swap the old battery laugh.gif make a report to global CS. there is a reason also i stop buying asus laptop... ROG become getting cheap and low quality product.. mine 1 having issue with power adapter
bananadrew
post Apr 6 2018, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

seems like asus warranty are really bad. last time i go to Asus service center at lowyat, it was quite okay...

brought 2 laptop to there and manage to get it done without any issue...but i guess they changed over time.
kh18az
post Apr 25 2018, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

my mom has been using asus and looks good so sar...once went to repair the phone..everything just nice
gowithfelix
post Apr 26 2018, 06:09 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(Eluuna @ Mar 30 2018, 10:59 AM)
I do heard a lot of ASUS bad service rumor, but this is bad
I've also heard it from my friend. He is quit disappointed with Asus's service
Xaser_3
post Sep 4 2018, 02:32 PM

Because I Fly, I envy no man on earth...
All Stars
10,453 posts

QUOTE(asustechnicalsup @ Sep 4 2018, 02:15 PM)
Sorry for the inconvenience. Recently I saw that and I give the best service to you with any query. If you have any issue with Asus related issue like warranty, guaranty and having any other issue. So I can give you our best service. Contact us hassle-free to the official Asus Technical Support
Finally after so many years, and the tech support decides to read and takes the comments in this forum seriously. Well, better late than never. Good start and initiative 👍👍✌
Lego Warfare
post Oct 8 2018, 04:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

So I just sent my Asus laptop to the service centre near Digital Mall. Will update here if all turns out ok...
Eluuna
post Oct 11 2018, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

Actually Asus or other brand can hardly see about the feedbacks and complaint here, best is that you directly approach them like their facebook or main site or maybe call them.
Dhang
post Jan 27 2019, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

Is it still that bad nowadays?

60 Pages « < 58 59 60Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 AM