Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Yes p1wimax vs YES 4g broadband, which to choose

views

TSchew3344
post May 7 2012, 07:55 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
282 posts

Hi, i am considering getting broadband, biggrin.gif area is on petaling jaya. p1wimax or yes 4g's speed is faster on that area? also which one is better from various perspective? Thx for the help biggrin.gif
gongchia
post May 7 2012, 08:12 PM

16 posts

Yes4G speed is much more faster than P1 but Yes4G had a very limited bandwidth. So, if you just want to surf internet such as facebook, check email, you can use Yes4G but if you want to use it for download, i recommend you use others internet services such as unifi or streamyx...
TSchew3344
post May 7 2012, 08:16 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

I live at pj for one year only sad.gif Study. The house i rent doesn't have unifi, btw if i exceed postpaid yes 4g's quota, can i still use it without paying extra? *speed decrease is nvm* Same thing with p1?
lawtm
post May 7 2012, 09:39 PM

Asus G53SX-IX113V i7-2670QM (4 core)-2.2GHz (Turbo up to 2.9) NV
1,215 posts

can choose yes 4g more stable line.
neo1point3
post May 7 2012, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

I am using p1, the speed is good but not all the time. Nowadays the ping is so high, i dont know why but the speed is okay smile.gif if you plan to gaming forget about it, it sucks
if casual internet user, then it is good to get p1...maximum quota they offer for wireless is 30GB if not mistaken unsure.gif depends on which package
If exceed quota still can use at 128kbps and can top up the quota at rm10 for 2GB

If you have money to spend, then take the Yes4g. The speed is freaking fast and stable too
But the downside is expensive price and area coverage is limited outside klang valley
If exceed quota cannot use anymore

Why not u put Umobile into your consideration, the speed is awesome in Klang valley and their other 3g coverage are...using it also btw as backup to my p1 wimax
If exceed quota can surf at 64kbps and can top up for rm10 for 3GB if not mistaken

kongming
post May 8 2012, 01:13 PM

I don't care
1,984 posts

I am frustrated with P1 4G, the customer service are very bad, they close my phone rudely, complaint many times still the problems do not solve.

This post has been edited by kongming: May 8 2012, 01:13 PM
vietc
post May 9 2012, 05:50 PM

7 posts

Forget about getting YES 4G. i got really bad experience re it. I stop using it for 12 months but am still charge RM30/month which now accumulate to RM350. It is advertised as pre-paid and pay-as-you-use. Imagine they did not even give a warning that i have an outstanding balance. Are they trying to run my bill up then only start collecting. It is operating like a scam.

However, the plus point is that the speed is good when i was using it.

With P1, your experience will differ depending on which area you are in.
acci
post May 10 2012, 02:16 AM

25 posts

Yeah YES 4G just implemented their minimal usage plan of RM30 a month.. quite stupid really.. it makes it essentially like post paid already but you pay upfront.

Vietc how can you accumulate so much when they just only rolled out the minimal usage thing this yr???

And yes, its really fast, but coverage wise i didnt had a good experience with it. When theres coverage its fast, but there many small sweet spots in PJ where i cudnt get coverage
RedBishop
post May 10 2012, 12:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,167 posts

i just bought my Yes connection yesterday, upfront payment is kinda heavy
S43L3
post Jan 9 2013, 09:18 PM

13 posts

Never go for P1! Give Yes4G a try instead.
P1 is an arm twisting and cunning company.
They take forever to follow up things, their connection sucks and the customer care ppl have no "care" for u until u escalate things.

It's a nightmare!
chuahcs79
post Jan 10 2013, 12:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,931 posts

QUOTE(S43L3 @ Jan 9 2013, 09:18 PM)
They take forever to follow up things, their connection sucks and the customer care ppl have no "care" for u until u escalate things.

It's a nightmare!
totally agree with statement above,.

experience it myself first hand too,. doh.gif
hack87
post Jan 10 2013, 01:27 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

YES got better coverage than P1. YES is currently installing their towers in all schools in malaysia (Schoolnet program) which means all kampung will have YES 4G - better than current 3G right now.
StevenKEY
post Apr 24 2013, 01:30 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(vietc @ May 9 2012, 05:50 PM)
Forget about getting YES 4G. i got really bad experience re it. I stop using it for 12 months but am still charge RM30/month which now accumulate to RM350. It is advertised as pre-paid and pay-as-you-use. Imagine they did not even give a warning that i have an outstanding balance. Are they trying to run my bill up then only start collecting. It is operating like a scam.

However, the plus point is that the speed is good when i was using it.

With P1, your experience will differ depending on which area you are in.
Dear vietc , purchase a value pack rm68 and all the negative balance in account will gone ! All unused data for VP are able to carry forward as long as you purchase another VP right on your due date
fat16
post Apr 24 2013, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

QUOTE(hack87 @ Jan 10 2013, 01:27 AM)
YES got better coverage than P1. YES is currently installing their towers in all schools in malaysia (Schoolnet program) which means all kampung will have YES 4G - better than current 3G right now.
Nope. Wimax 2.3ghz nowhere can beat 3G 900mhz coverage.
CorLuka
post Apr 27 2013, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

P1 4G surely i banned,the company go CTOS me for not paying their bills for 3 months,and didnt accept the reason why i cant terminate my contract..WTH!!!
Seng21
post May 30 2013, 08:00 PM

11 posts

It's a nightmare!
You will not get any better experience with YES 4G. Looks at their 2 years contract and find out if you want to cancel their service, what you need to pay? Once you signed with them, you basically need to pay 2 years full amount even you want to terminate after 1 month using their service.

Yes, they are fast, and so their data also drain super fast. Don't think the GB quota that you subscribe with YES 4G can last as long as the same GB quota that you subscribe with other telco. when you realised it drainned so fast, you will regret and opps..you cannot terminate. Only suitable for super light user.

Please, proof me wrong.

This post has been edited by Seng21: May 30 2013, 08:03 PM
simpletraveler
post Jun 1 2013, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,872 posts

It's a nightmare!
Looks like nearly every business in Malaysia is operated like a scam
I have a very bad exoerience with Maxis and I felt being scammed but they give the excuse that the staff who serviced me might have made a mistake. Wtf.
fat16
post Jun 2 2013, 08:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

unpaid P1 bill got name blacklist at CTOS.
the other telco blacklist at telco/multimedia service only.,
MugenK20A
post Jul 11 2014, 12:48 PM

Regular
1,244 posts

What bout Umobile VS Yes 4G broadband?
FluffyTee
post Jul 11 2014, 01:44 PM

Casual
339 posts

Umobile is relatively cheaper than the others. And its prepaid too. Means not only j avoid the tax, u can terminate the service at anytime. like most wireless broadbands, u may suffer slow speed in congested areas. But being prepaid, u can always test it out for a month or even their daily package.
Coverage isnt much of an issue, anywhere umobile isnt covered, maxis has agreed to allow umobile to use their network without extra charge.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:17 PM