views

SUSDouble J Jamal Jefri
post Nov 15 2017, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Nov 15 2017, 01:04 PM)
u quit or was let go?
I quit. Cannot "tahan" already.

The whole situation were effecting me mentally and emotionally.
quebix
post Nov 15 2017, 01:14 PM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Double J Jamal Jefri @ Nov 15 2017, 01:10 PM)
I quit. Cannot "tahan" already.

The whole situation were effecting me mentally and emotionally.
wish u all da best.

just take any jobs out there first.

bonjour966
post Nov 15 2017, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(Double J Jamal Jefri @ Nov 15 2017, 10:20 AM)
It's almost 3 weeks and I'm beginning to lost hope. cry.gif

Anyway, very much appreciated. Same goes to you bro.
Why not just ring/mail them for a quick follow up?

3 weeks should be still positive not 3 months...
SUSDouble J Jamal Jefri
post Nov 17 2017, 07:18 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(bonjour966 @ Nov 15 2017, 03:52 PM)
Why not just ring/mail them for a quick follow up?

3 weeks should be still positive not 3 months...
I did. Twice.

But they still haven't reply me.
Redundant
post Nov 17 2017, 09:55 AM

Gundam Freak
1,637 posts

Went for an interview 3 weeks ago with an O&G contractor company and just got a call from the HR yesterday. They are preparing the offer letter for me but with only a few hundred ringgit extra from my current salary for a project engineer role with 8 years experience. Way below my expected salary. Thinking of replying no in a polite way and hope for a better offer from them if possible. Any advice for me? Thanks guys smile.gif
ocyrus
post Nov 20 2017, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(Redundant @ Nov 17 2017, 09:55 AM)
Went for an interview 3 weeks ago with an O&G contractor company and just got a call from the HR yesterday. They are preparing the offer letter for me but with only a few hundred ringgit extra from my current salary for a project engineer role with 8 years experience. Way below my expected salary. Thinking of replying no in a polite way and hope for a better offer from them if possible. Any advice for me? Thanks guys smile.gif
Can't be too choosy these days bro. Better take it and then look again. Btw, which company?
MasBoleh!
post Jan 9 2018, 10:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(Acherleon @ Sep 27 2016, 04:22 PM)
not necessary, you can use your academic transcript instead of degree scroll.

Just tell them that you will be getting it later.

So far i never come with academic transcript to interview not even a certification . i just told them what i have and when they request it, i can send to them. usually available in my google drive. i only bring Cv.
Eh, you didn't even bring the original cert as well?

I am now with my 1st job, I plan to change job for now. Hence, I am wondering whether I needed to bring all my transcript and cert, or I just bring the copies of it. hmm.gif
Acherleon
post Jan 9 2018, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Jan 9 2018, 10:58 AM)
Eh, you didn't even bring the original cert as well?

I am now with my 1st job, I plan to change job for now. Hence, I am wondering whether I needed to bring all my transcript and cert, or I just bring the copies of it. hmm.gif
yeah i never bring cert or transcript.

i just listed down the details in my Cv..and if they ask then i give.
MasBoleh!
post Jan 9 2018, 11:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(Acherleon @ Jan 9 2018, 11:04 AM)
yeah i never bring cert or transcript.

i just listed down the details in my Cv..and if they ask then i give.
Give as in soft copy? Did you scan all of them?
Acherleon
post Jan 9 2018, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Jan 9 2018, 11:18 AM)
Give as in soft copy? Did you scan all of them?
Yes in softcopy.

usually i only give CV, Academic transcript and related Cert. but never actually give Cert before lol

This post has been edited by Acherleon: Jan 9 2018, 11:41 AM
DarkChronicle
post Jan 23 2018, 02:44 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Interviewed this morning at 11am, one pair of interviewers, one is manager responsible for my department and another one is HR personnel that found me on Jobstreet. Ahhhhh, I felt like i wanted to die, my brain just went blank!! Before interview, I don't feel that stress and able to think and talk to answers those general interview questions!! But not during interview!! OMG, I can feel that i talked until so bad, stucked here and there! I don't even know what am i talking lol.. I just don't know why, my brain will become blank during interviewer asking questions!! When I practice at home, I can speak smoothly... Sad, they said will let me know within this week.. I don't think they will hire me Sigh.. (btw it is an internship position) someone give me advice on how to prevent my brain become blank when facing stress?! Haih..
limao_air_tebu
post Jan 31 2018, 08:49 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(DarkChronicle @ Jan 23 2018, 02:44 PM)
Interviewed this morning at 11am, one pair of interviewers, one is manager responsible for my department and another one is HR personnel that found me on Jobstreet. Ahhhhh, I felt like i wanted to die, my brain just went blank!! Before interview, I don't feel that stress and able to think and talk to answers those general interview questions!! But not during interview!! OMG, I can feel that i talked until so bad, stucked here and there! I don't even know what am i talking lol.. I just don't know why, my brain will become blank during interviewer asking questions!! When I practice at home, I can speak smoothly... Sad, they said will let me know within this week.. I don't think they will hire me Sigh.. (btw it is an internship position) someone give me advice on how to prevent my brain become blank when facing stress?! Haih..
I am the same as well.... not able to speak properly also.... IF alone I am good thinker.. but in interview totally blank... anyone can help? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
SUSDouble J Jamal Jefri
post Jan 31 2018, 10:21 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

I need advice from you guys.

I'm currently unemployed for 4 months and I have a job interview coming up next Monday.

Should I be honest and tell my interviewer that I am unemployed or should I just lie and tell them that I am still employed ?

What happen if they decided to call my previous company to do a background check on me and they found out that I have long gone from the company ?

limao_air_tebu
post Jan 31 2018, 11:25 PM

14 posts

Need all sifus guidance...
Let say I am staying in Kelantan after graduated... It is far too away from most of the companies at penang (11hours driving distance) , KL (9hours driving distance), selangor and johor (13hours driving distance)...
Feel so tired when I know I have to drive along the damn long distance just for an interview with no granted offer....
Anyone of you could share your experience on how to arrange (time, distance, cost), how to travel, where to stay and what to prepare... Could any hints share?

This post has been edited by limao_air_tebu: Jan 31 2018, 11:26 PM
rsyn
post Feb 1 2018, 01:06 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(limao_air_tebu @ Jan 31 2018, 08:49 PM)
I am the same as well.... not able to speak properly also.... IF alone I am good thinker.. but in interview totally blank... anyone can help? rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Same as me. I have the same problem too. Just practise more. I usually spend a few days and hours to practise before I go to interview. I scripted it and rehearsal. I write them in the phone and memorize them. When I stuck in the jam, shower or at gym, I will practise.
Belphegor
post Feb 1 2018, 09:59 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(Double J Jamal Jefri @ Jan 31 2018, 10:21 PM)
I need advice from you guys.

I'm currently unemployed for 4 months and I have a job interview coming up next Monday.

Should I be honest and tell my interviewer that I am unemployed or should I just lie and tell them that I am still employed ?

What happen if they decided to call my previous company to do a background check on me and they found out that I have long gone from the company ?
I would say be honest. Not to say that unemployed is good but depends on how you fabricate it. You can say during the period of unemployment, you study online to boost yourself in career wise. Like taking an online language course or something. When you are attending an interview, you are selling yourself to the company. How you sell yourself matters. Make sure you are well prepared before the interview.

QUOTE(limao_air_tebu @ Jan 31 2018, 11:25 PM)
Need all sifus guidance...
Let say I am staying in Kelantan after graduated... It is far too away from most of the companies at penang (11hours driving distance) , KL (9hours driving distance), selangor and johor (13hours driving distance)...
Feel so tired when I know I have to drive along the damn long distance just for an interview with no granted offer....
Anyone of you could share your experience on how to arrange (time, distance, cost), how to travel, where to stay and what to prepare... Could any hints share?
Usually what I do is that I would apply the jobs that I am interested and would have the likelihood to score an interview. Then from there I would just arrange it on the same day at the same location (Ie whole day in selangor/penang for interview). For your case, I'd suggest you get recruiter to find jobs for you. At least it would ease the process and you might have higher chance of scoring an interview, then you can arrange it according to your time.
limao_air_tebu
post Feb 1 2018, 12:49 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Feb 1 2018, 09:59 AM)
I would say be honest. Not to say that unemployed is good but depends on how you fabricate it. You can say during the period of unemployment, you study online to boost yourself in career wise. Like taking an online language course or something. When you are attending an interview, you are selling yourself to the company. How you sell yourself matters. Make sure you are well prepared before the interview.
Usually what I do is that I would apply the jobs that I am interested and would have the likelihood to score an interview. Then from there I would just arrange it on the same day at the same location (Ie whole day in selangor/penang for interview). For your case, I'd suggest you get recruiter to find jobs for you. At least it would ease the process and you might have higher chance of scoring an interview, then you can arrange it according to your time.
I see... but most of the time the company would contact me so soon... some take a few days, some a week and some even longer... quite hard to arrange together in a short week.... as need a lot of time for preparation also... travel, petrol, accommodation all plus together damn expensive.... btw, where you stay while attending long-distance interview?
How you find the recruiter?
limao_air_tebu
post Feb 1 2018, 12:51 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(rsyn @ Feb 1 2018, 01:06 AM)
Same as me. I have the same problem too. Just practise more. I usually spend a few days and hours to practise before I go to interview. I scripted it and rehearsal. I write them in the phone and memorize them. When I stuck in the jam, shower or at gym, I will practise.
Memories? For me is impossible as My memory not good... and brain went blank even if I had practice. cry.gif
BTW, what you prepare and how much time you invested to prepare for 1 interview?
Belphegor
post Feb 1 2018, 01:35 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(limao_air_tebu @ Feb 1 2018, 12:49 PM)
I see... but most of the time the company would contact me so soon... some take a few days, some a week and some even longer... quite hard to arrange together in a short week.... as need a lot of time for preparation also... travel, petrol, accommodation all plus together damn expensive.... btw, where you stay while attending long-distance interview?
How you find the recruiter?
I probably cannot relate to you cause I am from Selangor. So majority of the places I apply for jobs is either KL or Selangor. I have the luxury that you do not have that's why extra effort needed for you to put in in order to slot all the interviews at one go. May I suggest you try this method; whenever there is an interview given to you, try to schedule it 2 weeks from the date you were approach. Then maybe from that two week period you might be able to score another interview from another company, so that you still have time to allocate it together rather than travelling to Selangor or Penang twice on that week.

As for recruiter, I usually engage them through Linkedin. Yes there are many ways for us to engage them but I think the best way is still Linkedin.

May I ask why didn't you want to find a job nearby your hometown? hmm.gif I'd suggest you actually look for a job around your area first before start thinking about moving to another state. At least you have some income to support you in terms of interview on the other states for accommodations, petrol, etc like you mentioned.

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Feb 1 2018, 01:40 PM
Belphegor
post Feb 1 2018, 04:28 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(smallyfry @ Feb 1 2018, 03:24 PM)
How do you all answer what is your strength and weakness question?
I usually will arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes early for the interview. Then when the interviewer asked my weakness, I'd say my punctuality but I am working on it. Pahadal I already arrived early, my weakness doesn't seem like weakness afterall. laugh.gif

89 Pages « < 78 79 80 81 82 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:14 PM