Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> {WTA} P1 Broadband, Need suggestion & review

babybb
post May 5 2012, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I'm been thinking of switching my broadband from maxis to P1. Having problem with frequent disconnection over months ago accompanies with million of calls to the customer service asking for help but my problem have not been solve until today. Really frustrating in surfing every 15 minutes & it's auto disconnected. I'm thinking of ForHome 69 Plan or ToGo 69 plan.. Anyone currently using these plan? How is the performance? I'm a very light user with just checking mail & surfing forum. No download, no youtube & no online gaming tongue.gif

Thanks in advance wink.gif

This post has been edited by babybb: May 5 2012, 10:54 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post May 5 2012, 10:59 PM

PeACe~~
Group: Senior Member

Dont bother with P1...Its even worst than Maxis.

Where u staying? Condo high or low??
Maxis usually high place abit hard to get signal lor.

Better get streamyx/unifi if u dont really need mobile....anyway ur phone no 3g meh can use when outside what?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
babybb
post May 5 2012, 11:05 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 5 2012, 10:59 PM)
Dont bother with P1...Its even worst than Maxis.

Where u staying? Condo high or low??
Maxis usually high place abit hard to get signal lor.

Better get streamyx/unifi if u dont really need mobile....anyway ur phone no 3g meh can use when outside what?
I'm staying in a single storey hse. Unifi will be out of my budget cry.gif I seldom use internet normally after work reach home will be very lazy to open my pc already. Normally my mum use much but the frequent disconnection kinda frustrating. Anyway thanks for your reply =)
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post May 5 2012, 11:06 PM

PeACe~~

Get streamyx then.
+Quote Post
atlantis2007
post May 5 2012, 11:06 PM

Enthusiast

P1 is really depends on your area. Maxis, the same too, just try it out on your own. I believe there are 7 days $$ back.
+Quote Post
Newsray
post May 6 2012, 12:19 AM

Getting Started

If it is for normal surfing, p1 is good for its high quota.
Usually covered in most town. Download big file is a no no. 100% no gaming or you will vomit blood.

In your case p1 is ok but the price difference between p1 and unifi is so small.Better take unifi.

I have unifi and p1 at home which cost RM 150 and RM 100 respectively.Unifi vip 5 download max at 500kBps while P1 never exceed 100 kBps. Higher value p1 might get better speed but not worth the value for its lousy ping.
+Quote Post
WanMya
post May 7 2012, 03:44 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Newsray @ May 6 2012, 12:19 AM)
If it is for normal surfing, p1 is good for its high quota.
Usually covered in most town. Download big file is a no no. 100% no gaming or you will vomit blood.

In your case p1 is ok but the price difference between p1 and unifi is so small.Better take unifi.

I have unifi and p1 at home which cost RM 150 and RM 100 respectively.Unifi vip 5 download max at 500kBps while P1 never exceed 100 kBps. Higher value p1 might get better speed but not worth the value for its lousy ping.
+1
+Quote Post
kongming
post May 8 2012, 01:30 PM

Enthusiast

I advice you to discontinue the P1. P1 is rubbish.
This is my experiences
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post May 8 2012, 10:05 PM

Getting Started

p1 for casual internet user is fine
Quite cheap and high quota compare to maxis
Yes 4g and Umobile is fast for wireless broadband
+Quote Post
foxpro
post May 11 2012, 03:33 PM

Getting Started

P1 is cheat customer, Do not use P1 the line always potong potong. They should close tis company but dont know why still exist until now.

Dont fall in trap p1 advertisement
+Quote Post
DrPitchard
post May 12 2012, 01:05 AM

Regular

QUOTE(foxpro @ May 11 2012, 03:33 PM)
P1 is cheat customer, Do not use P1 the line always potong potong. They should close tis company but dont know why still exist until now.

Dont fall in trap p1 advertisement
+1

Yeah, if you think Celcom or Maxis coverage is bad, wait until you try Digi or P1....Same goes to UMobile. Other operators are good only if you have a sweet spot to use it and don't really move around muchl. If you travel alot from place to place, then Celcom or Maxis is always the best, hands down.
+Quote Post
Newsray
post May 12 2012, 10:31 AM

Getting Started

I just potong P1 this morning. Speed not impressive but latency suk big time. Internet connectivity cost too much with unifi,P1 and Ivalue. So P1 got to go being the worst in gaming and download. Lucky I already completed the 12 month contract.

So I went to to the Pitstop to do the termination. And the staff simply ticked the termination form in the "item missing or not in good condition" section. She ticked the modem in this section and when I enquired, she said she was informed to do so by management.Something fishy as I was afraid P1 might charge me for missing modem or whatsoever.

I requested that she put a line in the form stated the modem in good condition and put a signature beside it. She refused to sign. Come on,even a school teacher will sign beside the marks if there was any amendments.Finally she obliged but with a angry face when in fact she had a pleasant disposition earlier on. I think P1 wanted to charge for last payment in term of faulty modem.

Hopefully this is the end of my dealing with P1.
+Quote Post
checkerbox2012
post May 12 2012, 03:50 PM

hi,

I signed up for P1 home lite plan RM69 3 days ago and the speed is acceptable (average 1.2 - 1.5 Mb/s) at my area. Thus far, I am happy with the browsing experience. Just like you, unifi RM149 package is over budget and I'm not a heavy user. if not mistaken, you can try out the 7 days $$ guarantee back and return if not happy. Advise to check your location is in the coverage to ensure your modem receives strong signal.
+Quote Post
DrPitchard
post May 13 2012, 03:18 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Newsray @ May 12 2012, 10:31 AM)
I just potong P1 this morning. Speed not impressive but latency suk big time. Internet connectivity cost too much with unifi,P1 and Ivalue. So P1 got to go being the worst in gaming and download. Lucky I already completed the 12 month contract.

So I went to to the Pitstop to do the termination. And the staff simply ticked the termination form in the "item missing or not in good condition" section. She ticked the modem in this section and when I enquired, she said she was informed to do so by management.Something fishy as I was afraid P1 might charge me for missing modem or whatsoever.

I requested that she put a line in the form stated the modem in good condition and put a signature beside it. She refused to sign. Come on,even a school teacher will sign beside the marks if there was any amendments.Finally she obliged but with a angry face when in fact she had a pleasant disposition earlier on. I think P1 wanted to charge for last payment in term of faulty modem.

Hopefully this is the end of my dealing with P1.
shocking.gif

That's crazy....
Its either last minute charges or they wanted their report to look good....as in, customer terminated the subscription bcoz of faulty item.... o.O
So, what are you going to get next for your replacement?
+Quote Post
ahcheap
post May 13 2012, 05:37 AM

TM UniFi/Streamyx Reseller

QUOTE(babybb @ May 5 2012, 10:54 PM)
I'm been thinking of switching my broadband from maxis to P1. Having problem with frequent disconnection over months ago accompanies with million of calls to the customer service asking for help but my problem have not been solve until today. Really frustrating in surfing every 15 minutes & it's auto disconnected. I'm thinking of ForHome 69 Plan or ToGo 69 plan.. Anyone currently using these plan? How is the performance? I'm a very light user with just checking mail & surfing forum. No download, no youtube & no online gaming  tongue.gif

Thanks in advance  wink.gif
Consider 384kb rm60 package.
+Quote Post
jack_sparrow85
post May 21 2012, 04:07 PM

Getting Started

I just signed up P1 ForHome99 Package last Thursday with 24 Month contract. The plan looks attractive to me as they giving RM63 rebated bill for 1st 4 months + RM50 online rebate as i registered online. After the 4th month i will be charged Monthly RM89 without voice plan for 2Mbps speed and 15gb data. I chosed DX-230 white modem as it as better reception compare to DV230 classic black box.

After signup the salesgirl told me it will take 2 days to ship the modem to me so i decide to self collect at P1TSTOP HQ at Bayan Bay Penang. Immediately bring back test it and found it very easy to set up and use. My house is a 14 storey apartment and fortunately im staying at 1st floor. The reception to be strong inside the house as im getting about 80% signal. I run the speed test on the 1st day a couple of times and the speed easily can hit 1-2mbps most of the times.

Until today its been 4 days im using P1 and average the average speed i observe to be 0.5-1.5mbps. very hard to reach 2mbps as they promise. Surfing and Facebooking quite smooth. Im not heavy downloader or a online gamer. The speed looks reasonable for me and their system and service is convincing as they have online bill payment, quota checking, chat support and quota top up.

My worry is most of the P1 user start complaining after 3-4months of usage. They stated P1 will be very fast at the begining and soon or later the speed will sucks to hell. I have 3 more days to decide go or no go to this. Need you guys help to make a wise choise.
+Quote Post
foxpro
post May 21 2012, 05:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jack_sparrow85 @ May 21 2012, 04:07 PM)
I just signed up P1 ForHome99 Package last Thursday with 24 Month contract. The plan looks attractive to me as they giving RM63 rebated bill for 1st 4 months + RM50 online rebate as i registered online. After the 4th month i will be charged Monthly RM89 without voice plan for 2Mbps speed and 15gb data. I chosed DX-230 white modem as it as better reception compare to DV230 classic black box.

After signup the salesgirl told me it will take 2 days to ship the modem to me so i decide to self collect at P1TSTOP HQ at Bayan Bay Penang. Immediately bring back test it and found it very easy to set up and use. My house is a 14 storey apartment and fortunately im staying at 1st floor. The reception to be strong inside the house as im getting about 80% signal. I run the speed test on the 1st day a couple of times and the speed easily can hit 1-2mbps most of the times.

Until today its been 4 days im using P1 and average the average speed i observe to be 0.5-1.5mbps. very hard to reach 2mbps as they promise. Surfing and Facebooking quite smooth. Im not heavy downloader or a online gamer. The speed looks reasonable for me and their system and service is convincing as they have online bill payment, quota checking, chat support and quota top up.

My worry is most of the P1 user start complaining after 3-4months of usage. They stated P1 will be very fast at the begining and soon or later the speed will sucks to hell. I have 3 more days to decide go or no go to this. Need you guys help to make a wise choise.
Bro Dont fall in their Trap, I was P1 vmad.gif user switch from Streamyx 1 MB package, Beginning the P1 line was very fast super fast then tmnut line, very happy with their service, i only see their true service after second month the line very slow even cannot surf the net to open www.google.com take age. everyday complain to customer service but this customer service very stupid they cant help you reason they will give you is to many users in my area, im using this line for 6 month waste my 6 month money. when i complain to them they wont bother always repeat the same answer. When i use P1 i never enjoy use the internet always very slow. Then decide potong goback to streamyx my internet very good brows.gif .

+Quote Post
jack_sparrow85
post May 21 2012, 06:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(foxpro @ May 21 2012, 05:47 PM)
Bro Dont fall in their Trap, I was P1 vmad.gif  user switch from Streamyx 1 MB package, Beginning the P1 line was very fast super fast then tmnut line, very happy with their service, i only see their true service after second month the line very slow even cannot surf the net to open www.google.com take age. everyday complain to customer service but this customer service very stupid they cant help you reason they will give you is to many users in my area, im using this line for 6 month waste my 6 month money.  when i complain to them they wont bother always repeat the same answer. When i use P1 i never enjoy use the internet always very slow. Then decide potong goback to streamyx my internet very good  brows.gif .
Bro.. when you potong, did you pay RM200 the early termination penalty?
+Quote Post
broken8902
post May 21 2012, 09:57 PM

P1 is seriously not good in gaming. Normal browsing wise is acceptable, considered cheapest in wireless broadband provider.

When you wanna potong early, of course have to pay for the early termination...
+Quote Post
THE CLASS OF 13
post May 21 2012, 11:09 PM

QUOTE(jack_sparrow85 @ May 21 2012, 04:07 PM)

me subscribe p1 139..5mbps 30gb qouta..use for 4 month only..1st month good, 2nd normal performance..sometimes good sometimes not..after that i terminate it..bcos the 3rd and 4th month really bad..cant even stable at 1mbps..somtime 500kbps..somtime 4mb..depend on ur area oso..
+Quote Post
jack_sparrow85
post May 22 2012, 01:13 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(THE CLASS OF 13 @ May 21 2012, 11:09 PM)
me subscribe p1 139..5mbps 30gb qouta..use for 4 month only..1st month good, 2nd normal performance..sometimes good sometimes not..after that i terminate it..bcos the 3rd and 4th month really bad..cant even stable at 1mbps..somtime 500kbps..somtime 4mb..depend on ur area oso..
When you terminate.. did they ask you to pay the RM200 early termination penalty? we still need to pay even we terminate due to their bad service? cant we argue on that?
+Quote Post
THE CLASS OF 13
post May 22 2012, 04:28 PM

QUOTE(jack_sparrow85 @ May 22 2012, 01:13 AM)
When you terminate.. did they ask you to pay the RM200 early termination penalty? we still need to pay even we terminate due to their bad service? cant we argue on that?
nope..i use alasan pindah rumah ..cos my parents house at terengganu..no coverage..hehe...call customer service..they will give u case number and then go to p1stop to terminate..gud luck bro.
+Quote Post
foxpro
post May 22 2012, 08:10 PM

Getting Started

This is how P1 cheat People. 1 person charge 200 lets say 100,000 they have make alot man.
+Quote Post
zzzxtreme
post May 23 2012, 01:01 PM

Synth Freak

to OP, u should seriously consider uMobile. no cekik darah contract like P1
+Quote Post
Yagi
post May 26 2012, 10:41 PM

i was a conned p1 user in JB for more than 24 months.

1st 6 months started ok.

2nd 6 months weekend not ok

3rd 6 months day time ok, night time not ok

4th 6 months day and night most of the time not ok

Not ok = no connection.

even their JB customer service line was dead since who know when.

they acknowledged my email but they never bother to reply me.

and finally..their CS from KL i spoke to admitted p1 JB has too many customers so they cant cope up. i say to him thank you very much and now on TM. life is at least more predictable.

i suggest one should think twice before signing to p1. their business model i have little good to say for.

+Quote Post
Newsray
post May 27 2012, 02:20 PM

Getting Started

Their sales working hard but didnt care to invest into the network capacity. I got a call from them to upgrade just before my 12 months contract expires. Haha i told them bye bye forever.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0779sec    2.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 08:48 PM