Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Epilating Pubic Hair, has anyone done this?

sweetangie311
post May 2 2012, 07:53 PM, updated 7y ago

Group: Newbie

This is a topic mainly directed to girls because of obvious reasons, so I would appreciate it if only girls reply.

Has anyone ever tried epilating their pubic hair? If so, can please share with me your experience as i'm still contemplating on whether i should do it.

oh, and has anyone ever epilated their hair near the anus region? is it normal to have hair around the anus? o_O

as i stated above, i would just like opinions from girls. thank you smile.gif

Added on May 2, 2012, 8:05 pmplease pm me if you feel like talking about it in private smile.gif

This post has been edited by sweetangie311: May 2 2012, 08:05 PM
svage98
post May 2 2012, 08:07 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

epilating hairs can be painful...Usually first few times most painful but it will be less painful as you epilate frequently. I have tried epilating pubic area...same as with legs it was painful. Why not try waxing? Let the professional do for you.

This post has been edited by svage98: May 2 2012, 08:13 PM
sweetangie311
post May 2 2012, 08:11 PM

waxing is pretty expensive and i don't like the idea of someone else other than my boyfriend looking at my privates. i've been shaving once a week but the hair seems to grow out more coarse everytime. since i own an epilator, it struck me that i should try epilating the hair. lol, but i want to ask around more before starting.

i epilate my armpit hair.. is the pain for armpit and pubic region the same?
svage98
post May 2 2012, 08:17 PM

Casual

Hehe...yeah I know what you mean. Waxing is expensive...For me the armpit is less painful compared epilating legs. Legs more painful for me but after a couple of times the pain gets less...so I should think the pubic area is the same. If you can tolerate pain then by all mean op for epilating then. I don't recommend shaving...don't like the stubble and hair growth after that.
sweetangie311
post May 2 2012, 08:22 PM

yes, shaving makes it all rough! hate it when that happens >< lol, i'm still a bit reluctant to try it. when i epilate my armpits, i realise there are red bumps which are painful. i can't imagine getting those on my most sensitive area of my body.

by the way, do you have any hair around your anus region? if you do, what do you do with it? i have quite a lot of hair around my anus. not sure if i should get rid of it.
joannamei89
post May 2 2012, 10:47 PM

from what i heard, epilating hair really hurts. but it takes longer to grow back. so its worth it if you are willing to go through the pain.

about your question on hair around your anus, i think its pretty normal. i have a hairy anus too! lol! i didn't bother trimming or shaving it as i never allow my boyfriend to go there tongue.gif that's just me. probably some other girls who has a anus hair can help you there smile.gif good luck
kobe23
post May 3 2012, 09:47 AM

As I remembered I read an article about shaving pubic hair, it mentioned that you would get cuts and might lead to infection. The article recommends trimming instead. So regarding epilating, I assume that it would leave a somewhat open pore/wound, so... I don't know XD
munkeyflo
post May 3 2012, 01:15 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Group: Staff

Epilating the pubic hair is gonna hurt like crazy. Only proceed if you believe you have high tolerance of pain. Expect tears to fall out and may bleed sometimes.

The slight pain from epilating underarms and leg is nothing compared to pubic hair.

If you're not comfortable with going to a saloon for waxing, maybe you might wanna try sugaring. Google it up.
sweetangie311
post May 3 2012, 10:24 PM

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ May 3 2012, 01:15 PM)
Epilating the pubic hair is gonna hurt like crazy. Only proceed if you believe you have high tolerance of pain. Expect tears to fall out and may bleed sometimes.

The slight pain from epilating underarms and leg is nothing compared to pubic hair.

If you're not comfortable with going to a saloon for waxing, maybe you might wanna try sugaring. Google it up.
Have you tried epilating your pubic hair? everyone keeps telling me that its going to hurt real bad, but none of them have tried it themselves.
sab2106
post May 3 2012, 11:51 PM

I've tried once and I swear I will never do it again. It's really painful but one of my friend's have been doing it for quite sometime and she got used to the pain. Mmmm why not try waxing it? or laser?
shark'swife
post May 4 2012, 01:31 AM

epilating wil be very hurting coz it pulling out in all directions...try using tweezers instead..less pain...but keep in mind ..you need to identify the hair flow..if it is vertical...the put the tweezer close enough(make it less than 15 degrees) and pull according to hair direction..wont hurt much...but time consuming..hope it helps...great result..=DD
joannamei89
post May 4 2012, 10:28 AM

As she said above, waxing is expensive and she already owns an epilator. =='

anyway, sweetangie311, maybe you should give epilating a try. if you don't like it, don't do it again. or else, you will always regret not trying it. no one can describe the exact pain you will feel as everyone have different pain tolerance. so just give it a try. no pain no gain right? lol

This post has been edited by joannamei89: May 4 2012, 10:35 AM
Shazzac
post May 4 2012, 10:46 AM

Casual

Just wanted to clarify that EPILATING hurts like hell, some more on the pubic area.

I do suggest going brazilian and if you go to Strip, they have the RM88 promo for first timer. I did mine, of course it was painful at first BUT after that it's like nothing.

After that they have this promo where you sign up 5 times for RM88 x 5. But I signed up for 10 times coz I know i'd be going for it again and again.

Hair looks coarse when shaving (i did that too before, regretted why i didn't start waxing earlier), because you shave it close to your skin where hair is nearer to the root, hence coarse-ness.

Also first time waxing will be painful - they usually use hard wax (where wax sticks to hair) (Soft wax - is where the wax stick to the skin rather than hair). The pain only comes when the hair is being pulled out, skin doesn't hurt.

For me, after the first wax, alot of fine hair is growing but the amount of hair has reduced to 50% (yes, it's true). 2nd wax onwards, the fine hair is gone, left with 40% (estimate la) medium fine hair. I've already done the 3rd wax 2 weeks back and can't really see if it's growing or not. I think slowly it will reduce and also the time for it to grow will be longer since it's pulled from the roots.
colormeprettyy
post May 4 2012, 03:57 PM

Getting Started

I suggest that you DON'T use an epilator for your ladyparts. Epilating is a process that is just the same like tweezing but not at all the same as waxing, though the two pulls out hairs from the root, the process of both methods are slightly different. Waxing coats a sticky tough substance to the surface of the skin, coating every hairs, so it's easy to pull at one go. The epilator has many tweezers that plucks out hair that works well for legs, arms, knuckles, under arm area, but definitely do not use it for sensitive parts as tweezers may be too harsh on the skin of your ladyparts, causing it to swell, be rashy or worse, have ingrown hairs. Use a suitable, clean, fuss-free method and seek a professional to do a brazilian/bikini wax done.

This post has been edited by colormeprettyy: May 4 2012, 03:58 PM
svage98
post May 7 2012, 08:52 AM

Casual

Well...for experience you can still try and find out for yourself how it feels like to epilate your lady part. Just try but I tried before and believe me...I won't try ever again so I'm satisfied with trimming instead.

Concerning hairs around anus area...it's normal.
oatkrunch
post May 7 2012, 10:17 AM

not epilating but i have tried tweezing. it hurts ok! haha!
Vanillababy
post Sep 8 2012, 06:38 PM

Any of you girls tried IPL before? Any feedback on whether it works ya?
I'm considering options for permanent hair removal...cause the monthly waxing sessions are starting to feel a wee bit expensive tongue.gif
CyaNide27
post Sep 10 2012, 11:28 PM

Getting Started

I used to tweeze that area before getting my first epilator.... So i have gotten used to the pain that tweezing caused.... Later after i bought my epilator just 1 year ago, i began to epilate....
1st time was rather painful, coz its like multiple tweezers at 1 go, so i had to epilate really slowly, small parts at a time.... But i soon got used to it n i dont feel any pain now, if the length is not too long ofcoz.... And i like the convenience n how fast the job gets done, rather than tweezing one by one and getting a neck/back ache later.... Haha....
Its better to get those epilator which can get wet tho.... Imo, its less painful than dry epilate....
Hope this helps you smile.gif
Bellelicious
post Sep 11 2012, 10:24 AM

epilating pubic hair is extremely painful as the region there is very sensitive . Recommend you to stick to trimming it short or spend a few thousands for IPL. Waxing is expensive but at least it wont hurt like a b**** or get infected if you are doing it by your own. High risk of getting skin infection and causes red bumps and stuff. Think twice.

Added on September 11, 2012, 10:27 am
QUOTE(Vanillababy @ Sep 8 2012, 06:38 PM)
Any of you girls tried IPL before? Any feedback on whether it works ya?
I'm considering options for permanent hair removal...cause the monthly waxing sessions are starting to feel a wee bit expensive  tongue.gif
choose the right salon. Dont end up like the lady who came out in the news where her therapist burn her pubic area.
Go for STRIP. I heard its good and professionally done.

This post has been edited by Bellelicious: Sep 11 2012, 10:27 AM
amberkhoo
post Sep 15 2012, 11:48 AM

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2115169/pubi...an_wax_is_dead/
try this thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by amberkhoo: Sep 15 2012, 11:48 AM
Jammies0213
post May 7 2013, 06:32 PM

Painful like crazy.
sj88
post May 16 2013, 02:51 PM

QUOTE(sweetangie311 @ May 2 2012, 07:53 PM)
This is a topic mainly directed to girls because of obvious reasons, so I would appreciate it if only girls reply.

Has anyone ever tried epilating their pubic hair? If so, can please share with me your experience as i'm still contemplating on whether i should do it.

oh, and has anyone ever epilated their hair near the anus region? is it normal to have hair around the anus? o_O

Added on May 2, 2012, 8:05 pmplease pm me if you feel like talking about it in private smile.gif
I would like to know your opinions ladies.

How do you prefer your pubic area?
- Spotless
- trimmed
- au natural

Just wanna know your preference for yourself and your partner icon_rolleyes.gif
mels87
post May 16 2013, 07:01 PM

I don't think epilating pubic hair is a good idea...it's going to be super painful? cry.gif and it's going to take ages. I think trimming is better...only shave it all off if i'm extra rajin.

minipenny
post May 20 2013, 10:22 AM

"Epilating can be painful around the pubic area, so you’ll need to have a lot of tolerance for pain. Simply take a warm bath so that it opens up your pores for easier removal, and pull your skin back tightly when you’re epilating."
Source

I know people who do epilate their pubic hair, but it's extremely painful. You'll have to open up your pores with warm water, and maybe trim it a tad short. Take a painkiller before doing it..
OctoberFly
post May 20 2013, 11:57 PM

Getting Started

Underarm also so painful pubic hair... doh.gif .

Most gynae I know advise us not to wax / epilate / shave our pubic hair because it's easy to get infection. A lot of patients come in with red swollen vulva because of shaving doh.gif
RikaaLika
post May 21 2013, 08:30 PM

OUCH!!!
Don't do thatttt...
U might be able to handle the pain...
but then vjj area is very sensitive..

did u do dry shave???
try to use shaving foam..
post Jul 8 2013, 11:38 AM

i did trimmed mine once but it is so itchy after trimming...i have been suffered in the itchiness for a week plus for it to grow longer...and it's so embarrassing that you can't bear the itchiness and to scratch it in the public...would never do anything on it again...i would prefer either to be natural or to laser it off...
LoveMeNot
post Jul 8 2013, 12:31 PM

Live . Laugh . Love
Group: Senior Member

Done it. Freaky for the first time. Then I got used to it. I posted my comment in Epilator
imanengelbert
post Jul 17 2013, 09:03 PM

Epilating my underarm is quite painful already so blush.gif no epilation down there. Usually shave.Depending on the weather,if its too hot,prefer to keep it smooth. brows.gif
kaizer3000
post Jul 18 2013, 02:43 PM

Casual

QUOTE(2327 @ Jul 8 2013, 11:38 AM)
i did trimmed mine once but it is so itchy after trimming...i have been suffered in the itchiness for a week plus for it to grow longer...and it's so embarrassing that you can't bear the itchiness and to scratch it in the public...would never do anything on it again...i would prefer either to be natural or to laser it off...
dont trim. trimming will make those hair ends sharp as tiny needle, can even hurt ur thighs ...no joke.
i prefer shaving. used to do it dy....but need to do it regularly...atleast every 2-3 days once.

as for other girls, if u are unsure how to shave thoroughly, u can ask ur bf to help out. yes, if u shave wrongly, can get injured and lead to bleeding n infection. but if done correctly, u will feel much more confident and comfortable.

This post has been edited by kaizer3000: Jul 18 2013, 02:46 PM
LoveMeNot
post Jul 19 2013, 09:54 AM

Live . Laugh . Love

QUOTE(kaizer3000 @ Jul 18 2013, 02:43 PM)
dont trim. trimming will make those hair ends sharp as tiny needle, can even hurt ur thighs ...no joke.
i prefer shaving. used to do it dy....but need to do it regularly...atleast every 2-3 days once.

as for other girls, if u are unsure how to shave thoroughly, u can ask ur bf to help out. yes, if u shave wrongly, can get injured and lead to bleeding n infection. but if done correctly, u will feel much more confident and comfortable.
lolll ask bf to help out?? I think they are more afraid to do it since it's not easy to shave that region. Just put a mirror, on the table lamp and start shaving. But shaving is quite troublesome. Plus you don't have the "feel clean" feeling because you'll begin to see some bumps a day after. Total removal is the best option.
munkeyflo
post Jul 19 2013, 10:18 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon

Trimming is still quite okay. Shaving on the other hand, can be quite messy and it doesn't last. It doesn't really feel smooth after shaving, and the hair grows out by the next day.

Still prefer waxing. Epilating too painful for me. laugh.gif
LoveMeNot
post Jul 19 2013, 10:38 AM

Live . Laugh . Love

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jul 19 2013, 10:18 AM)
Trimming is still quite okay. Shaving on the other hand, can be quite messy and it doesn't last. It doesn't really feel smooth after shaving, and the hair grows out by the next day.

Still prefer waxing. Epilating too painful for me. laugh.gif
To be honest, the mode of action for waxing and epilating is just the same. Both involves pulling out hair right? But the fear of doing it ourself freak us out. So far, I've epilated thrice since I bought my set. Pain is minimal. Prolly on the scale of 1 to 10, it's at 2 now. Happy that I can save some money now. hahaha icon_rolleyes.gif
kaizer3000
post Jul 19 2013, 11:20 AM

Casual

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Jul 19 2013, 09:54 AM)
lolll ask bf to help out?? I think they are more afraid to do it since it's not easy to shave that region. Just put a mirror, on the table lamp and start shaving. But shaving is quite troublesome. Plus you don't have the "feel clean" feeling because you'll begin to see some bumps a day after. Total removal is the best option.
i dunno about other guys, but i do help my gf to shave. its quite easy really...(anatomically speaking...as compared to the guys pubic hair...) I can finish shaving for her in less than 10 mins. She dont have those bumps...but she did complain it started growing back 2-3 days after...
munkeyflo
post Jul 19 2013, 11:56 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Jul 19 2013, 10:38 AM)
To be honest, the mode of action for waxing and epilating is just the same. Both involves pulling out hair right? But the fear of doing it ourself freak us out. So far, I've epilated thrice since I bought my set. Pain is minimal. Prolly on the scale of 1 to 10, it's at 2 now. Happy that I can save some money now. hahaha icon_rolleyes.gif
I've tried epilating a few times there but still find the pain unbearable. Maybe need to do it more then will feel less pain. laugh.gif
I find the difference is where epilating is pulling out less hair at once compared to waxing. Somehow when I epilate, the skin gets more swollen than when I wax or do sugaring. I do use sugaring on myself there with no problem on the pain factor other than the mess.
butak708
post Aug 2 2013, 04:23 PM

Why not go for brazilian waxing?better than u epilate urself...
munkeyflo
post Aug 2 2013, 04:25 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon

QUOTE(butak708 @ Aug 2 2013, 04:23 PM)
Why not go for brazilian waxing?better than u epilate urself...
The cost factor.
butak708
post Aug 2 2013, 04:28 PM

QUOTE(sweetangie311 @ May 2 2012, 08:11 PM)
waxing is pretty expensive and i don't like the idea of someone else other than my boyfriend looking at my privates. i've been shaving once a week but the hair seems to grow out more coarse everytime. since i own an epilator, it struck me that i should try epilating the hair. lol, but i want to ask around more before starting.

i epilate my armpit hair.. is the pain for armpit and pubic region the same?
Actually,it is better to go for waxing than epilate urself.u wont dare to epilate it.at least professional do it for u.and if u do it wrongly,can break ur hair and tend to get other problem.if we talking about shaving,ur hair will becone more thicker as it grow.and ur skin get darker due to the shaving.i do shave before until i try waxing it is much more better.and normally waxing therapist is girl.pm me if u interested more cos we have it in our saloon.we offer professional waxing procedure,best product.

butak708
post Aug 2 2013, 04:35 PM

QUOTE(sweetangie311 @ May 3 2012, 10:24 PM)
Have you tried epilating your pubic hair? everyone keeps telling me that its going to hurt real bad, but none of them have tried it themselves.
Dear,the concept is like this...i never epilate myself but i could understand how does it feel like as i been tru some experience for epilating hair.epilator when u epilate ur hair the hair will curl to ur epilator and been pull out with slow motion than waxing.but if u go for waxing...same thing but ur hair doesnt roll to the epilator and only stick to the wax and will be remove in one pull and the therapist will give some pressure to minimixe ur pain.beside after that they will apply some soothing cream to cooling and moisturize ur skin.thats y waxing is better.yet it is still depend on ur own preference.
Mary2345
post Jan 16 2018, 06:48 PM

Hair Removal Cream - http://www.stopgrow.com This product has really helped in my fight against hair!

This post has been edited by Mary2345: Mar 20 2018, 02:31 PM
vincyvc
post Jan 22 2018, 09:38 PM

QUOTE(Mary2345 @ Jan 16 2018, 06:48 PM)
epilating pubic hair hurts bad, no? rclxub.gif
xman135
post Apr 20 2018, 10:48 AM

go to Fave, a lot of waxing promo for women, just go to a different outlet every time (coz the promo is normally only for your first time) and enjoy the cheap prices smile.gif

This post has been edited by xman135: Apr 20 2018, 10:49 AM
LightningChan
post Apr 24 2018, 09:53 PM

Casual

I tried before and its damn painful. Sometimes can cause nasty ingrown hair.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1143sec    4.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2019 - 08:53 PM