Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maybank2u account under 18, i just get my bank account but failed to

DotaGamer
post May 2 2012, 06:14 PM, updated 12y ago

Casual
381 posts

I just registered maybank account today and i get a maybank visa debit card but why i dint get a check book? (chun2 zhe2 / in chinese) they got give me a long pieces of paper there got write my name n my account number, isit my bank account number? or the debit card number is my account number??
after i get my debit card, i go to atm machine to chg pin, when i try to activate maybank2u pin, it say im under 18 so cant apply for it, how??

Main points:
1. why i dint get a check book? (chun2 zhe2)
2. where can i find my bank account id/number ?
3. im 17 currently, how i active e-banking?
dawho
post May 2 2012, 06:29 PM

Enthusiast
752 posts

QUOTE(DotaGamer @ May 2 2012, 06:14 PM)
I just registered maybank account today and i get a maybank visa debit card but why i dint get a check book? (chun2 zhe2 / in chinese) they got give me a long pieces of paper there got write my name n my account number, isit my bank account number? or the debit card number is my account number??
after i get my debit card, i go to atm machine to chg pin, when i try to activate maybank2u pin, it say im under 18 so cant apply for it, how??

Main points:
1.IINM u must ask them to provide the check book
2.did u get an ATM card also...if yes....go to a atm machine...there u can know your account number
3.if u use CIMB get e-pin from atm...but for maybank dont know...try surf maybank web and search for e-banking
DotaGamer
post May 2 2012, 07:27 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(HHalphaomega @ Jan 29 2010, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE(dkk @ Jan 29 2010, 07:02 PM)

A few years ago, Maybank started issuing book-less savings account. (I'm not sure if they still do this). You don't get a bank book. If you don't get a bank book, and you don't get a cheque book, how do you know what's your bank account number?

So they write the 12 digit account number on the ATM card, with a marker pen. I've seen a few of these.
If they don't provide a savings passbook, they should be providing a monthly/quarterly statement which would have the account number in it. Otherwise, on the day of opening the account they'd issue a small card (not ATM card) with your name and account number printed on it. For those who make use of M2U, the account number is provided there as well.
i just found this in LYN , i have a small card with my name n acc number in it. now the only question is
how i activate maybank2u acc? im just 17, i told the staff i wan active e-banking then she teach me n give me a guide "paper" then i follow the step go atm machine but atm machine declined because of im under 18years old.. is it anyone with atm/debit card can active e-banking?

off-topic question
what means IINM ? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by DotaGamer: May 2 2012, 07:32 PM
SUSnordingh
post May 2 2012, 09:29 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

Main points:
1. To get a check book, you need to apply for current account. Your account is Saving account, no check book. To register Current account you need to have an Introducer which already have Current account. Your age still can't open current account.
2. you have answer it yourself. 'they got give me a long pieces of paper there got write my name n my account number.'
3. Wait until you're 18 years old and activate it. - you already got the answer - 'when i try to activate maybank2u pin, it say im under 18 so cant apply for it'
DotaGamer
post May 2 2012, 10:07 PM

Casual
381 posts

thanks for quick reply.
there is no way to active under 18 years old ??
SUSnordingh
post May 2 2012, 11:05 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

QUOTE(DotaGamer @ May 2 2012, 10:07 PM)
thanks for quick reply.
there is no way to active under 18 years old ??
your account is normal saving account or imteen Account?

do your parent need to be with you when open?

This what I found under imteen account:
6. Where do I apply for access to Maybank2u?
Application for Maybank2u access can only be done at Maybank branches, as applications via ATM are blocked.

http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...al/ACC-Accounts

This post has been edited by nordingh: May 2 2012, 11:09 PM
DotaGamer
post May 2 2012, 11:13 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ May 2 2012, 11:05 PM)
your account is normal saving account or imteen Account?

do your parent need to be with you when open?

This what I found under imteen account:
6. Where do I apply for access to Maybank2u?
Application for Maybank2u access can only be done at Maybank branches, as applications via ATM are blocked.
normal saving account? i not sure about this

ya my parents with me when open

means i can go to counter and ask for access to maybank2u ?

additional question: does maybank open at saturday?
a13solut3
post May 3 2012, 01:20 AM

Whiner FTW!
1,673 posts

Main points:
1. No more bank book will be provided, the A4 paper that contained your information is all you get.
2. The number with 12 digits will be your account number.
3. e-banking = online banking , which need to be done at maybank atm machine. if it stated you are under 18, you can try consult the staff inside.
SUSnordingh
post May 3 2012, 01:25 AM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

QUOTE(a13solut3 @ May 3 2012, 01:20 AM)
1. No more bank book will be provided, the A4 paper that contained your information is all you get.
Even premium account don't have passbook now... paperless world...
a13solut3
post May 3 2012, 08:21 AM

Whiner FTW!
1,673 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ May 3 2012, 01:25 AM)
Even premium account don't have passbook now...  paperless world...
That paper is the proof you owned the bank account number.

If you need to use the bankbook somewhere, that paper is your only proof.

For my CIMB case last time, I lost the paper, I have to pay RM10 just to get the paper reprinted with a verification chop on it. So, don't lost the paper :\
electronicfly
post May 3 2012, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
100 posts

For Maybank, I don't think the paper is that important, if there's no glitches in the system. You can access your account by providing your IC, plus with all accounts, they will provide either an ATM or a debit card ma.
SUSnordingh
post May 3 2012, 12:29 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

So far I know Maybank, CIMB and Citibank use paperless now. No passbook.

Only Maybank give small card with account number printed, . CIMB only give a deposit slip with account number written there. (my kids open both bank this year)

My Citibank, I need to call them to get the account number doh.gif . Some more that number needed to activate online banking.
DotaGamer
post May 3 2012, 05:46 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(a13solut3 @ May 3 2012, 01:20 AM)
3. e-banking = online banking , which need to be done at maybank atm machine. if it stated you are under 18, you can try consult the staff inside.
i think this will work too, i will try tmr or next week, busy nowadays sweat.gif
online banking under 18 is sure cant use for 3rd party transaction ? example: paypal ?

Added on May 10, 2012, 6:28 pmi activated online-banking at counter~
all problem solved biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by DotaGamer: May 10 2012, 06:28 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:46 PM