Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

BB Curve 9380 signal problem

views

TSsticktomy
post May 1 2012, 11:31 PM, updated 12y ago

17 posts

hi, LYNers.. i got some problems here, hope you guys can suggest me some solutions.

signal problem

my sis bought a bb curve 9380 3 months ago from a shop at The Mines. ori brightstar. first time use already has

the signal problem. keep displaying SOS when in the house or in building. but if go to open space, got signals.

then went to the shop, they said, line problem, have to replace the simcard. so went to maxis and replace. but still

the same problem. then my sis went back to her college at Penang and stay at the hostel, got no prob ( i think

because she stay at the room near the windows, so quite near to open space). now that shes back again to the

house, it will display SOS when she is downstairs. if go upstairs, only got edge and most of the time is SOS sign.

shehas to go outside to get the signals. she is using maxis. when i insert my simcard (celcom) also, it results the

same. this is the our first time buying BB, and we don't know much. i google and found quite a few BB's got signal

problem. i 'think' if i go back there, they must still blame the line. so going to claim the warranty as the last resort

if still no solutions works. hope you guys can help me. thank u in advance biggrin.gif

issues regarding the phone status

when we bought it, we did not realize that they have given the wrong box and they did not give the warranty for

customer copy. we went there back tomorow and the seller said that brightstar send that box, because they order

in large number, so might got some errors. then i asked them about the warranty card for customer copy.

unluckily because the guy that deal with me is having the day off, so his friend cannot find the warranty card and

just give me the 24 months warranty card by Brightstar (if some dont know, the warranty card is small size like

the business card, just contain the steps to register for the extended warranty. did not required to fill the IMEI

number and others). so just wondering, will i be able to claim my warranty? the phone is original as there is

Brightstar sticker at the back. and already successfully registered for the extended warranty.

This post has been edited by sticktomy: May 2 2012, 12:44 AM
hamswat
post May 1 2012, 11:39 PM

iFanatic
758 posts

It's still 3 months old. Get to the nearest Brightstar centre and make a replacement.
SUSKuLi
post May 1 2012, 11:50 PM

You won't like me when I'm angry
1,293 posts

QUOTE(hamswat @ May 1 2012, 11:39 PM)
It's still 3 months old. Get to the nearest Brightstar centre and make a replacement.
Maybe is cause by solar flares. Cannot be helped
TSsticktomy
post May 2 2012, 12:14 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(KuLi @ May 1 2012, 11:50 PM)
Maybe is cause by solar flares. Cannot be helped
whats is that? blink.gif
SUSKuLi
post May 2 2012, 09:26 AM

You won't like me when I'm angry
1,293 posts

QUOTE(sticktomy @ May 2 2012, 12:14 AM)
whats is that? blink.gif
do a google search. not difficult right?
don't always expect to be breastfeed.
TSsticktomy
post May 2 2012, 02:16 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(KuLi @ May 2 2012, 09:26 AM)
do a google search. not difficult right?
don't always expect to be breastfeed.
Right. Thanks.
stanley_85
post May 4 2012, 12:56 AM

Testing
1,050 posts

you can go service center ask for re install software.

v0LtaGe
post May 4 2012, 01:29 PM

Casual
458 posts

I wonder whether they will give you one to one placement for your issue, but there's no harm in trying. Good luck mate!
kelvin4578
post May 5 2012, 08:50 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

I am User of Curve 9380, i don`t have any problem with signal problem. I`m user of Maxis BIS Pro. Maybe try update OS
TSsticktomy
post May 5 2012, 11:59 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(stanley_85 @ May 4 2012, 12:56 AM)
you can go service center ask for re install software.
last time got internet problem, cannot go through. then already re-install the software.
but the line still have problem. gonna go to the shop and settle it. hope this will be the last time have to go there.
thanks for ur solution btw biggrin.gif

Added on May 6, 2012, 12:01 am
QUOTE(v0LtaGe @ May 4 2012, 01:29 PM)
I wonder whether they will give you one to one placement for your issue, but there's no harm in trying. Good luck mate!
yup, fed up with the line problem. gonna go there ASAP. thanks for commenting rolleyes.gif

Added on May 6, 2012, 12:02 am
QUOTE(kelvin4578 @ May 5 2012, 08:50 PM)
I am User of Curve 9380, i don`t have any problem with signal problem. I`m user of Maxis BIS Pro. Maybe try update OS
yeah, the phone is weird. gonna go to the shop soon. thanks for sharing ur info. it really helpfull rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by sticktomy: May 6 2012, 12:02 AM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:24 PM