Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ADD / ADHD symtoms

views

TSTamsin
post Apr 29 2012, 05:43 PM, updated 12y ago

On my way
553 posts

Recently I read an article on the net about ADD/ADHD and I found out that I possess all of the symptoms .

* “zoning out” without realizing it, even in the middle of a conversation.
* extreme distractibility; wandering attention makes it hard to stay on track.
* difficulty paying attention or focusing, such as when reading or listening to others.
* struggling to complete tasks, even ones that seem simple.
* tendency to overlook details, leading to errors or incomplete work.
* poor listening skills; hard time remembering conversations and following directions.

As a kid , I was really hyperactive and my imagination was always wild . I often imagined that I was a King and leading army into battles . I was constantly thinking and I was considered a genius at that time , excelling in studies faster than any other kids at school . Until Form 3 , I slowed down ... Getting depressed most of the time , and having different personalities all the time . People always question my weird behavior and stuff .

It has been 2 years and I was thinking of taking medication but I really don't want to resort to drugs because I fear the side effects and stuff . Anyone with the disorder care to share ?
ljtham
post Apr 29 2012, 05:49 PM

7 posts

how old are you now anyway? maybe this website can help. http://www.ldawe.ca/DSM_IV.html
entryman
post Apr 29 2012, 05:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,179 posts

There is another possibility though..

Of not taking drugs to suppress your innate abilities, just to conform with social conventions. Of pursuing what you love to do and live life to the fullest.

However, should you feel suicidal tendencies, or are a threat to public safety, then drugs are a must.
tchtax
post May 2 2012, 03:38 PM

On my way
638 posts

You could read about supplements that could help ADHD like Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), Phosphatidylserine, Cognizin, Phosphatidylcholine, Acetyl L-Carnitine,
Kellen6049
post May 3 2012, 09:37 AM

2 posts

I'm a HELP Psychology graduate. 1 thing about mental health diagnosis: NEVER self-diagnose. The chance of false positive is very high due to people misattributing symptoms to themselves. Seek for a professional health. If you don't want to have to take medicine, seek for a counselling clinic, not psychiatry practitioners.

Psychology help that I know is useful: HELP University Center For Psychological And Counselling Services (CPCS)
Can contact them here: http://www.help.edu.my/facultybehaviourals.../brief_overview
uRfaith143
post May 3 2012, 11:34 AM

Enthusiast
757 posts

QUOTE(Kellen6049 @ May 3 2012, 09:37 AM)
I'm a HELP Psychology graduate. 1 thing about mental health diagnosis: NEVER self-diagnose. The chance of false positive is very high due to people misattributing symptoms to themselves. Seek for a professional health. If you don't want to have to take medicine, seek for a counselling clinic, not psychiatry practitioners.

Psychology help that I know is useful: HELP University Center For Psychological And Counselling Services (CPCS)
Can contact them here: http://www.help.edu.my/facultybehaviourals.../brief_overview
I agree. Sometimes when you diagnosed yourself you just feel like you posses those symptoms when you really don't. No offense but most people with psychological problem isn't even aware of what they are doing or how they act. Better seek your Doctors advice.

Added on May 3, 2012, 11:38 am
QUOTE(tchtax @ May 2 2012, 03:38 PM)
You could read about supplements that could help ADHD like Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), Phosphatidylserine, Cognizin, Phosphatidylcholine, Acetyl L-Carnitine,
No offense but I think you should seek your Doctors advice first and not just take any drugs cos this may lessen the symptoms but could lead to another disease or could worsen the situation...

This post has been edited by uRfaith143: May 3 2012, 11:38 AM
munkeyflo
post May 4 2012, 09:33 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

Yes, DO NOT self diagnose. If you really think you have ADHD, then go seek professional help. They will usually only diagnose you with it if your symptoms are affecting your daily performance significantly. From what I learn, most common treatment is stimulants, which has good effect on children and adults, but best method to treat is a combined of psychological and medication.
bmt261a
post Nov 25 2016, 11:08 AM

34 posts

there is this clinic i found out that can handle ADHD cases.. you might want to check out :

Klinik Pakar Centinel
8, Jln Meranti Bunga, Tmn Mewah 7,
Batu 6 1/2, 41050 Klang, Selangor
Tel : 0333927619

and go search for
Dr. Khoo Yee Laim

he's specialty on ADHD and other type of brain related illness e.g bipolar,mania etc

avoid private hosp as it is not cheap.. they charge you rm600 for 45 minutes counseling only.. and that not including medicine

This post has been edited by bmt261a: Nov 25 2016, 11:11 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 AM