Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

KPM Bursary (a.k.a JPA), KPM Bursary (a.k.a JPA)

views

jin123
post Apr 27 2013, 10:52 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Flame Haze @ Apr 26 2013, 12:36 AM)
Bursary students, if you are able to get placement in the top 50 universities for your respective field according to the Times ranking using your A-Levels results, you can apply for scholarship by JPA under their PILN programme (not so sure about the name, doesn't matter). However, this scholarship isn't given automatically like the bursary, you have multiple interview sessions to go through while JPA pick out selected candidates for the scholarship. Remember, there are just so many students who can get into the top 50 universities every year, plus this scholarship isn't only for bursary students, normal students who didn't get the bursary can also apply, so the competition is going to be really tough.
I had seen you post in many education stuff and I wish to ask for some advice here .
I am a bursary receiver and I get the offer from matriculation .
The course that I want to pursue is medicine .
What will you suggest me to continue my study , a level or matriculation ?
1. A level .
If I take a level , there r only 4 universities in uk take i can enrol in in order to get scholarship piln .
If i enrol in local IPTS , is the probability high 4 me to get the pidn since the course i wish to pursue is medic?

2. Matriculation
I heard that almost all chinese score cgpa 4 . What make me different from others in order to get the course i want in IPTA ? Have you heard before that anybody scoring cgpa4 dun secure a place in local uni ?

Your advice is really appreciated .
Thank you .
jin123
post Apr 29 2013, 01:13 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Flame Haze @ Apr 27 2013, 11:54 PM)
I'll just list out the pros and cons, I am NOT suggesting because it's your decision and not my responsibility.  sweat.gif

Matric
-easier and faster than A-Levels
-you should be able to do fine in Matric
-Given a bit of luck, you should be able to secure a place in medics in one of the public unis. The competition is still there.

A-Levels
-harder than matric, but of course you gain a lot more knowledge
-harder to get good results than matric
-if you're aiming for UK, there're only 6 unis you can go to, if we exclude Oxbridge, there are 4 left. Competition is going to be DAMN stiff
-you'll have lot more work to do. You'll have to take AS, A2, IELTS, do research on the universities you want to go, take whatever extra exams they require for medicine, write out a good personal statement, be quite active in cocurricular activities.
-the PILN scholarship isn't guaranteed, there's an element of risk if they suddenly change their policy. Can you afford the fees? Of course, there're a lot more of scholarships out there.
As you said, there's nothing different from you with the other guys securing cgpa 4.0. You'll need some luck to get your ideal course. So far I haven't heard of anyone with cgpa 4.0 failing to get into local uni, but failing to get their ideal choice of course, especially those more competitive ones, YES.

Are you that dead set on UK? Cause it's going to be hard work. If you decide to take A-Levels, why not consider Australia unis? You'll have more choice, and Aus unis normally require less than UK unis. Less work and Aus unis aren't bad.
Thanks really . ^^

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 PM