Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (3DS), First original HM for the 3DS

views

fizyboy
post Nov 26 2012, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Should I get this game? Is it true that this is the best HM on the series? I really love Animal Parade for the Wii, and im wondering how good this is compared to that? And how does online work?
fizyboy
post Nov 26 2012, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

oh i see. well may i know what do u love about the game to consider it to be among the best? smile.gif
fizyboy
post Nov 28 2012, 09:25 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

I did read some reviews, and IGN suprisingly gave it a good rating for (a HM game). However I don't really depend on review that much and the lack of gameplay videos on youtube make it harder for me to decide whether i'll like it or not. There's a video showing the first 8 min of the game and the beginning looks really slow with the long tutorial...

But I heard after that the game starts to pick up and gets really addictive. Guess I'll be looking for a used copy while I finish The Tale of Two Towns, Hero of Leaf Valley & Animal Parade (phew thats a lot of HM games i'm playing at the same time!).

Hope Rune Factory 4 will be localised soon!

Edit: Reading this comic makes me wanna play ANB so much! XD

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by fizyboy: Nov 28 2012, 09:52 AM
fizyboy
post Nov 28 2012, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Darn this game is out of stock everywhere now cry.gif

ninjaedit: phew, managed to get the last copy from Heavy Arm! waiting for it to arrive this Friday biggrin.gif drool.gif

This post has been edited by fizyboy: Nov 28 2012, 08:22 PM
fizyboy
post Dec 2 2012, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Welcome to HM:ANB club eugoreez!
I've started playing for the past 2 days, really enjoying the game so far, really addictive biggrin.gif (despite the slow start).
  • I'm on day 22nd of Spring, 1st year.
  • Everyday foraging insects in the forest & mountain, usually make 2 or 3 rounds per day, saving everything except insects (sell ALL the insects except bees).
  • Got 2 1.5 stars potatoes for the Crop Festival end of the month, will I win the beginner level?
  • Also trying to get 1.5 stars flower buy using fertilizer & only water once per day. Can I join in 2 category for a single crop festival?
  • Got 2 cows as of now, i usually leave them in the barn because its a pain to move them gazing outside..
  • I got 25k money atm, should save the money or should I buy more cows? (don't have coop for chickens yet)
  • I usually make a habit to talk to the villagers every time i come across them. Occasionally i give milk to Emma, any fish to Hana & small rocks to Iroha, but not sure what to give to Dunhill lulz
  • Hopefully the slow start is behind me! Think once Spring is over I will have a lot more to do with all the stuff i've been saving up!
Am I doing alright? Any tips would be welcome! icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by fizyboy: Dec 2 2012, 10:01 PM
fizyboy
post Dec 3 2012, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

This morning I've just unlocked Rebecca on 25th of Spring, which means I can now build stuff & rearrange my farm as the way i like! Spent all my 35k money to buy blueprints, build a coop so that i can fill it with chickens. Built a storage to store my building materials so I don't have to carry them in my bag anymore. Made a few more gravel soils so I can grow more crops.

Can't wait til I finish work so I can get started on this village renovation! rclxms.gif The fun starts here! drool.gif

Added on December 4, 2012, 10:11 am27th of Spring 1st Year:
  • I have crops growing all over the farms lol. Had to eat a couple of times just to water them all twice a day! x_x
  • I got no money now! cry.gif icon_question.gif
  • Just unlocked Multiplayer from Harvest Goddess~
  • Also received Cooper Farm Tools blueprints from Iroha. I guess giving her small rocks everyday has finally paid off LOL~
  • Thinking of upgrading the Watering Can & Sickle for now to ease my farm work
  • Wish me luck for the Crop Festival in a few days happy.gif

This post has been edited by fizyboy: Dec 4 2012, 10:11 AM
fizyboy
post Dec 6 2012, 11:24 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

Well, hello there fellow farmer~ 8th day already? that's pretty fast smile.gif This is my friend code: 4355-9234-9716.. I'll add you up when I get home tonight! Let me know if u need help in anything, though I'm not that far into the game myself tongue.gif

So I went on and won the Crop festival for beginner level. Got 'unknown brand' which increases my crop price a lil bit and some tomatos seeds for my trouble. I'm working on winning the next one (end of Summer) with 3 star tomato which I read can be obtained by fertilizing everyday because its a re-growable crop.

Was really sad that a lot of my crops died when Spring is over sad.gif Broke my heart because I thought they would made it in time before the new season sets in. Oh well, they were removed together with the Gravel Fields and be replaced with Regular Fields which I've just unlocked (& Soil Fields).

Finished Renovation Plan #1 the day I got it from Dunhill biggrin.gif I'm now working on Plan #2 which is much tougher. Also went to try out multiplayer yesterday, made almost 40k after 15 min, thats pretty easy money right there! Thinking of focusing on getting Sheep & Clippers as soon as possible so that I can shear the wools as well.

Btw anyone can spare me some silvers so I can make Silver Watering Can? :3
fizyboy
post Dec 6 2012, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

So.. you were already far ahead of everyone, and now 1 month leave will basically mean you'll leave us in the dust >_>;
Just kidding, glad to have you back so soon bro emino, will definetely add you tonight. smile.gif And thank god your HM is ok tongue.gif

edit:added rid88.. but emino's turned out as invalid hmm

This post has been edited by fizyboy: Dec 6 2012, 08:20 PM
fizyboy
post Dec 7 2012, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Woot! Count me in, emino. Added you btw smile.gif

Wondering if you can you spare me 3 silvers as well? I don't have anything rare though unfortunately.. Just some Can, Fish Bones, Old Boots, Moondrop Flower, Magic Red Flower, Mint, Chamomile, Walnut, Coin, Shiny Coin.. also got 4 bottles but i kinda need them for myself :-s
fizyboy
post Dec 7 2012, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

thanks a lot bro rclxms.gif now i'm super motivate to work harder icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif
fizyboy
post Dec 8 2012, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Added all of u =) Great to see we r getting more n more players!
fizyboy
post Dec 9 2012, 09:36 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Just needa to survive the first month then it will get interesting! Keep on foraging even though its boring but u will be glad u did when u need those materials to build stuff later on.

I'm currently on 10th of summer, i have a feeling U guys will catch up soon.. so far i have 1 Alpacas, 4 cows, 5 chickens & 8 beehives. Upgraded my tools: Silver Watering Can, Cooper Hoe & Sickle, Iron Hammer & Axe. Iroha has given me Gold & Ultra tools blueprints but i dont have materials to upgrade further.

Just need some more small lumbers and wait for my bees to produce honey then i will be done with Restoration plan #2!

This post has been edited by fizyboy: Dec 9 2012, 09:41 PM
fizyboy
post Dec 10 2012, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

my alpacas is useless without clippers >.<

to get clippers, i either have to wait half a month for 1st fall or unlock Yuri which requires me to get started on restoration plan 3# n build tailor's shop...

im still short of small lumbers... regret my decision to only keep 99 stack n sell the rest of small lumbers when i chopped down those trees early on. im now waiting for the new 3 trees to be fully grown befere chopping them down. sigh.

when will i unlock the west / east farm?
fizyboy
post Dec 17 2012, 12:41 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

been busy with my other 3ds games but i'm almost at the end of summer 1st year now.. my agony with small lumbers ended when i unlocked the west side of the town after the completion of town restoration #2.. so many trees to chop chop chop biggrin.gif

also unlocked Yuri, Allen, Clement, Klaus, and most importantly Clippers! Oh yeah now I can finally sheer the sheeps on multiplayer! I think once I get some wools for the Cottage (which pet should I get?) and build the doctor's house i'll be able to unlock the mine. I have 3 stars tomato ready for the summer festival in a few days as well!

anyone in need of silkie egg? i can spare some since my 2 silkie chickens are all grown up now
and oh, eugoreez & boonyu, i've added u both! smile.gif

This post has been edited by fizyboy: Dec 17 2012, 12:42 AM
fizyboy
post Dec 18 2012, 08:14 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

ur cosplaying as Ace? cool got any fire power effect? biggrin.gif
too bad ill be out of country this friday til next tues.. have fun!

rei, silkie eggs worth more than normal ones and u need to hatch eggs 10 times to unlock it. if we give u one u can just skip all these time consuming stuff. look for emino explanation on page 3. smile.gif
fizyboy
post Dec 19 2012, 08:57 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

U still need a silkie egg? If u do, pm me ur whatsapp or fb account so we can organize a trade smile.gif
fizyboy
post Dec 19 2012, 11:19 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Hahaha. Wow, just wow.
Show them the screenshot Rei.
fizyboy
post Dec 19 2012, 11:43 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Yes great + brown + 5 stars alpaca
84k instant profit biggrin.gif even without any brand (i'm only last day of summer 1st year)

Attached Image
fizyboy
post Dec 22 2012, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

Actually theres a way to get 3 star crop without trading/seed maker. just fertlize a regrowable crop (eg tomato) everyday n by the end of the season it will produce 3 star tomatos =)
fizyboy
post May 13 2013, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Need to start playing this game again.. kinda forgot everything edi lol.. gotta study fogu back tongue.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:17 PM