Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will Singapore merge with Malaysia again?, Will RM1 equal to SGD1 happen again?

samteng
post Oct 9 2013, 03:50 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Greater KL/Klang Valley is composed of 10 local authorities over an area size of 2,843 square kilometres

As of 2012, the Klang Valley is home to roughly 7.5 million people.[2] Klang Valley is home to a large number of migrants from other states within Malaysia and foreign workers largely from Indonesia, India and Nepal (not forgetting Bangladesh and Pakistan)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klang_Valley

user posted image

DB Kuala Lumpur

MP Klang

MP Kajang

MP Subang Jaya

MB Petaling Jaya

MP Selayang

MB Shah Alam

MP Ampang Jaya

Putrajaya

MP Sepang

Source: http://app.kwpkb.gov.my/greaterklkv/overview/

The entire island nation of 710 square kilometres is composed of 15 local authorities

As of 2012, 5.3 million people live in Singapore, of which 2.91 million were born locally. The population is highly diverse; the majority are Chinese with almost 75% of the total population, while Malays and Indians forming significant minorities.

user posted image

Source: http://www.towncouncils.sg/about/ProfileOfTownCouncils.html

This post has been edited by samteng: Oct 9 2013, 03:56 PM
samteng
post Oct 9 2013, 04:04 PM

Regular

The point being, if the UMNO-led BN government cannot administer the Klang Valley well to make it on par with its southern counterpart, then it will always be 20-25 years behind the tiny red dot. Come on, it is only 4 times the size of Singapore and the government is able to pull the resources from other states to develop it to be more advanced than SG. I guess the problem is the 10 town councils do not talk to each other but the 15 town councils in SG do talk to each other. There is a lack of coordination among the town councils in the Klang Valley to make it an efficient metropolis.
Hans.R
post Oct 9 2013, 04:38 PM

Bureau Plongeur

If malaysia surpasses singapore, i see no need for us to merge with them. flex.gif
samteng
post Oct 9 2013, 04:41 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Hans.R @ Oct 9 2013, 04:38 PM)
If malaysia surpasses singapore, i see no need for us to merge with them.  flex.gif
But Singapore will come kneeling at our feet begging us to accept them back into our fold when it runs out of land for development especially when the 6.9 million White Paper by 2030 comes to pass. At that time, Malaysians will feel more superior to Singaporeans instead of the other way round.
De_Luffy
post Oct 9 2013, 05:10 PM

On my way

QUOTE(samteng @ Oct 9 2013, 04:41 PM)
But Singapore will come kneeling at our feet begging us to accept them back into our fold when it runs out of land for development especially when the 6.9 million White Paper by 2030 comes to pass. At that time, Malaysians will feel more superior to Singaporeans instead of the other way round.
I highly doubt so, in 2030 it still a long way to go, Singapore even take back their old prc flat demolish and rebuilt new ones unsure.gif
robertchoo
post Oct 9 2013, 06:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

For what beg? They can just enlarge land by buying sand from msia and indonesia.
What can msia do? Start a war with SG? Msia is finished in 2 weeks if that happens. Not to mention you'll know uncle sam would be siding with who.
1.5b
post Oct 9 2013, 06:50 PM

Group: Junior Member

U are too optimistic rclxm9.gif
It'll never happen being rich make wonder rclxms.gif

Probably it could be the other way round when Malaysia bankrupted
It could happen soon hmm.gif
Awsomener
post Oct 9 2013, 07:08 PM

The chance of this happening is very slim. Both countries are governed so differently. If Singapore runs out of land, it would probably start 1 child program or ban foreigners from coming in. I doubt that Singapore will run back to Malaysia for the sole reason of land.

Singapore is also a money heaven for many rich tax invaders including Malaysia. Why rock the boat? The probable thing that can occur is Singaporean finding ways to take over Iskandar through legal means.
drfeelgood
post Oct 9 2013, 07:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Hans.R @ Oct 9 2013, 04:38 PM)
If malaysia surpasses singapore, i see no need for us to merge with them.  flex.gif
the only way that is going to happen is if saddam hussein rose from the dead.

and lead an army of the undead against Usa. and beat Usa.
drfeelgood
post Oct 9 2013, 07:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I doubt so. Singapore could easily buy land from Indonesia. say batam?

money makes the world go round. and Singapore has lots of it.

Singapore will never come begging to malaysia.

This post has been edited by drfeelgood: Oct 9 2013, 07:39 PM
drfeelgood
post Oct 9 2013, 07:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(robertchoo @ Oct 9 2013, 06:25 PM)
For what beg? They can just enlarge land by buying sand from msia and indonesia.
What can msia do? Start a war with SG? Msia is finished in 2 weeks if that happens. Not to mention you'll know uncle sam would be siding with who.
very true indeed. Singapore air force is one of the best in this region.

compare with malaysia's useless jets which don't even have engines.

Singapore navy will crush malaysia useless navy, with their sophisticated stealth frigates. and working submarines.

malaysia antique ships and useless junk submarines will be shot out of the water.
adriangan
post Oct 10 2013, 04:58 PM

Group: Newbie

Sg buying part state of johor will be more practical, and paying yearly land. Then u can see 2nd sentosa in Desaru? drool.gif
1.5b
post Oct 10 2013, 06:24 PM

QUOTE(adriangan @ Oct 10 2013, 04:58 PM)
Sg buying part state of johor will be more practical, and paying yearly land. Then u can see 2nd sentosa in Desaru? drool.gif
Try imagine an almost impossible scenario
Take it as a pinch of salt as this is purely fiction only

When sg bought over johor, what do u think the people of johor will do? Which are the most possible scenario?

1. Open arms wide and welcome, give up malaysia ic exchange for a sg ic
2. Resist and riot
3. Escape away from johor because they still want to be a malaysian
miloy2k
post Oct 10 2013, 07:29 PM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(drfeelgood @ Oct 9 2013, 07:43 PM)
very true indeed.  Singapore air force is one of the best in this region. 

compare with malaysia's useless jets which don't even have engines.

Singapore navy will crush malaysia useless navy, with their sophisticated stealth frigates.  and working submarines.

malaysia antique ships and useless junk submarines will be shot out of the water.
Not this again lol,

Sg or even malaysia will do this. It will be bad for either side.

If usa intervene on sg side, china might do the same to Malaysia, aka more $ to make..

drfeelgood
post Oct 10 2013, 08:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

a new integrated resort? resorts world desaru?

nice. will surely patronize the place.
1.5b
post Oct 10 2013, 08:42 PM

QUOTE(miloy2k @ Oct 10 2013, 07:29 PM)
Not this again lol,

Sg or even malaysia will do this.  It will be bad for either side.

If usa intervene on sg side,  china might do the same to Malaysia,  aka more $ to make..
Sg dont need usa intervention
It probably need only a few days to overrun sg
But few days later sg oversea base and detachment will be fighting back from neighboring countries
It's not in china interest to go war in south east asia when it risk going war with japan vietnam usa philippines
Possible scenario if it happen probably indonesia and philippines join in the fun siding sg claiming some parts of malaysia
Anyhow the small little island not worth fighting for when they had 0 resources
Malaysia with abandon resources cant even manage its own wealth also so why bother with that island

This post has been edited by 1.5b: Oct 10 2013, 09:10 PM
Brandonn
post Oct 10 2013, 10:14 PM

On my way

QUOTE(miloy2k @ Oct 10 2013, 07:29 PM)
Not this again lol,

Sg or even malaysia will do this.  It will be bad for either side.

If usa intervene on sg side,  china might do the same to Malaysia,  aka more $ to make..
QUOTE(1.5b @ Oct 10 2013, 08:42 PM)
But few days later sg oversea base and detachment will be fighting back from neighboring countries
It's not in china interest to go war in south east asia when it risk going war with japan vietnam usa philippines
Possible scenario if it happen probably indonesia and philippines join in the fun siding sg claiming some parts of malaysia
Malaysia with abandon resources cant even manage its own wealth also so why bother with that island
Your views are archaic.
The Spore government, understanding its vulnerabilities, would have had policies to counter these possibilities of being attacked.
Spore today, is built to be the Spore of the world (and not Spore for Sporeans); its role is to serve the world through its openess.
That is to say, every major country would have a stake in it, USA, China, etc, even the Indons and Msians.
With that why would any country want to attack her?

The threat to Spore is not so much the attack from the neighbouring countries, but terrorist attacks; as if successful, will deem it to be useless.
1.5b
post Oct 10 2013, 10:30 PM

QUOTE(Brandonn @ Oct 10 2013, 10:14 PM)
Your views are archaic.
The Spore government, understanding its vulnerabilities, would have had policies to counter these possibilities of being attacked.
Spore today, is built to be the Spore of the world (and not Spore for Sporeans); its role is to serve the world through its openess.
That is to say, every major country would have a stake in it, USA, China, etc, even the Indons and Msians. 
With that why would any country want to attack her?

The threat to Spore is not so much the attack from the neighbouring countries, but terrorist attacks; as if successful, will deem it to be useless.
Quite true mine pretty old skool laugh.gif

miloy2k
post Oct 14 2013, 08:40 AM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(1.5b @ Oct 10 2013, 08:42 PM)
if they don't need, why put USA naval fleet/station there at the first place.

China? As I mention earlier, if $$ involve, who knows what will happen.

Support maybe direct/ or indirectly biggrin.gif
tengah
post Oct 14 2013, 09:10 AM

Way my on

They should. But maybe they think land reclamation is better for now.

34 Pages « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1252sec    4.66    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 09:00 AM