Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kitchen Cabinet (Version 2), Renovation

views

majorthamts
post Apr 17 2012, 01:09 PM

3 posts

guys get real:!!!

1. there is no such thing as 5,10,25 years warranty, you will be lucky to get after sales support after 6 months. The fact is what you are buying is a wear & tear product. Warranties does not cover when you wipe with even water. Can you imagine a kitchen that is not wiped at all. You can only claim warranty if you don't use your kitchen at all, even then the colors may change.

2. Do not blame the vendors as there is a race going among them. The most you get will 500 or 999 discount. And strangely all of them offer very close price, kind of price fixing within the industry.

3. Get members to post pics kitchen cabinets that are 2 or more years old. At least new members will able to visualize before and after conditions.

4. Kitchen Cabinet business has gone big. The big players mass produce therefore you can only expect little customer service. The growing players will entertain you until they become big. The new vendors will promise a lot just to secure your business only but you must face the reality. You get monkeys when you pay peanuts.

5. My suggestion is to share both sides of the stories so that members will have a balanced view.

6. Customer is always right nevertheless vendors, please share some of your bitter experiences.

My suggestion is to explore all options available choose the right price (not high and not low), be satisfied with what you buy. If you enjoy using your kitchen cabinets for the next 3 years without problems then your investment is worthwhile.

Alternatively you can 1. get your own drawing / designs done 2. get your materials 3. get your own free lance carpenter to do it for you. I believe there are many out there or even in this forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Added on April 17, 2012, 1:13 pmwhere to find/buy KC materials besides IKEA?

This post has been edited by majorthamts: Apr 17 2012, 01:13 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.10    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:40 AM