Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kitchen Cabinet (Version 2), Renovation

views

cheekily
post May 18 2012, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

Hi all,

Have been following this forum from the previous thread V1 up to V2... would like to ask what are the types of materials used for white+shiny cabinet top (wall unit)? So far I got to know that there's white acrylic(edging)+crystal glass(front door)... if it's acrylic door (whole door), will it still be shiny like the crystal glass, and what is the material used inside? izit MDF board or chipboard? how is the quality of acrylic material compare to melamine?

Also, is melamine (used for kitchen cabinets) dangerous for health? I googled up melamine material and found so many health issues related to melamine, but that is if it's ingested... can it release dust particles into the air over time or exposed to heat? izit dangerous if inhaled? can anyone please advice whether melamine material is suitable to be used for kitchen cabinets in terms of long-term health safety (seems that ABS melamine board is very commonly used material for kitchen cabinet)?

QUOTE(jforjean @ Apr 24 2012, 06:32 PM)
Something special to share.
Kitchen Cabinet c/w aluminium frameless door.
door front by crystal glass; door edging by white acrylic.
  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

user posted image

user posted image
jforjean, I like your white concept kitchen design! icon_idea.gif why is the door front using crystal glass, but edging using white acrylic? why not using white acrylic for whole door (front+edging)? can this crystal glass be broken/crack easily? a bit confused coz thought crystal glass will be see-through... rclxub.gif hope someone can help explain further on this...

This post has been edited by cheekily: May 18 2012, 11:25 PM
cheekily
post May 20 2012, 09:58 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(jforjean @ May 19 2012, 01:40 PM)
Hi, cheekily.
if it's acrylic door (whole door), will it still be shiny like the crystal glass, and what is the material used inside? izit MDF board or chipboard?
basically cabinet's carcass will using CHIPBOARD

Also, is melamine (used for kitchen cabinets) dangerous for health? I googled up melamine material and found so many health issues related to melamine, but that is if it's ingested... can it release dust particles into the air over time or exposed to heat? izit dangerous if inhaled? can anyone please advice whether melamine material is suitable to be used for kitchen cabinets in terms of long-term health safety (seems that ABS melamine board is very commonly used material for kitchen cabinet)?
honestly, wood itself have some particle may harm our health, but mostly building material, eg. ceiling board, cement & etc also may harm our health also. People said coffee no good for our health, but why still a lot of coffee shop around this city? Hehehehehe...
If you really worry about this issue, you may buy a air purifier & function it 1 week before you move in.  tongue.gif

Why the door using crystal glass but edge using white acrylic because the owner don't want to see the aluminium frame for the door. He want a clean white concept without aluminium frame.

why not using white acrylic for whole door (front+edging)
actually, we didn't advice to take acrylic because it's scratch easily and the "reflection" for the crystal glass is better than acrylic also.
Sometime acrylic will have some "wave" problem.. if your kitchen is length enough, you will see the reflection a bit "wave".
whereas, one of the advantage for acrylic door is it's lighter than crystal glass.

can this crystal glass be broken/crack easily?
behind the glass have wood to support, so it's durable than those without wood support at the behind.

a bit confused coz thought crystal glass will be see-through...
crystal glass door in SPRAY PAINT finished, can be white, black, grey, red, green & etc.
it won't see through 1. I guess your mean "see-through" is frosted glass.
Had you notice some white glass door (in greenish)? That's also different product.
even from your pricing also different.

jforjean, thanks for the info and advice. Hmm, didn't know that there's so many types of materials/products being used for kitchen cabinets... sweat.gif
cheekily
post May 23 2012, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(knightgogo @ May 23 2012, 07:13 PM)
Erny,where is your office?
Hi knightgogo, based on previous info:

Erny
Unity Design
No.39A (First Floor), Jalan Prima Saujana 1/1A, Taman Prima Saujana, Seksyen 1, 43000, Kajang, Selangor.
Tel: +603 - 8737 3708 | Fax: +603 - 8737 3308
Working Hours: 10am to 6pm. Closed on every Wednesday
enquiry@unitydesign.com.my

Best to call up the office to make appointment if it's urgent/fast, as Erny now seldom online...very busy man! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by cheekily: May 23 2012, 10:51 PM
cheekily
post May 24 2012, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(knightgogo @ May 24 2012, 11:24 AM)
Thank you very much...your kitchen cabinet also installed by unity design?
Haven't decided yet...heehee... biggrin.gif am still surveying around + comparing notes from various forums. Just got my house keys, but not in a hurry to move in...so will just take my time to survey around 1st lo... Unity Design is one of my shortlisted KC company. From what I've read, Unity Design's quality + workmanship + after sales service is good smile.gif
cheekily
post Jul 19 2012, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

[quote=steve426,Jul 11 2012, 05:42 PM]
nice design from my bro. smile.gif

try to upload overall kitchen cabinet,share with all. rclxms.gif

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us icon_idea.gif

Hi all... just wondering, for the microwave (as shown in the picture above the built-in oven), do we need to buy special built-in type of microwave or can just get the normal microwave? hmm.gif If get the normal microwave (the ones that usually people just put on the bench-top shelf), do we need to get the aluminium frame cover for it or the kitchen cabinet IDs will provide for us?
cheekily
post Jul 21 2012, 09:54 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

[quote=steve426,Jul 11 2012, 05:42 PM]

user posted image

[quote=steve426,Jul 16 2012, 02:57 PM]
thumbup.gif share with all,our company just complete project.location at damansara perdana tongue.gif

user posted image

Hi steve426, just wondering, for the microwave (as shown in the pictures above the built-in oven), do we need to buy special built-in type of microwave or can just get the normal microwave? If get the normal microwave (the ones that usually people just put on the bench-top shelf), do we need to get the aluminium frame cover for it or the kitchen cabinet IDs will provide for us? Please pardon my ignorance. Thanks in advance!

cheekily
post Mar 7 2013, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

Engaged Everskill to do my kitchen cabinet and master bedroom wardrobe, they came and install early March. Workmanship so far so good, installers did proper job and handled everything with care...but still not completely done yet, coz found that measurement taken wrongly for wall cabinets at wet kitchen. Was ok with it, and let them re-measure again. Thought installation can be done this weekend but delayed... quite disappointed coz already shifting into new house this weekend, but hood not up yet (since have to wait for the wall cabinets to be up first) and can't do any cooking. Also now dunno need to clean up how many times again due to installation drag on... sigh... cry.gif Just hope that everything can be installed properly by this month...

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0358sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:06 PM