Hi, anyone shared any -ve feedback/complain here about Unity Design (UD)?
We also engaged UD for our condo after reading all the praises and testimonials of good customer services and quality work
We were recommended by Louis & Patrick:-
- TOP Unit with height 950mm - priced 42% higher than the normal rate
- Built-in handle and etc are itemised clearly as additional on top of the 3G doors with concrete top
- Requested 2 T5 lights from Patrick
- Total came ard 10k for 14ft without any package / promotion, 7% discount was given.
The 3D draft was impressive, response and quotation are prompt at first. Then when the work started, it was rather unexpected:
- The tiler cut wrong tile, luckily we have ready spare tile to replace. He was scolded by colleagues and was never seen the next day, we never scold or complain though.
- We were assured thick and quality tiles will be used for the concrete top by UD, but the tiles given are normal and thin (9mm).
- Next, the installation of KC took another 2 days as the door could only arrived in late afternoon. 1 glass doors are broken upon arrival
- 2 guys came one could not even screw properly until the other has to help to redo
- They put heavy duty items and walk directly on the finished top with shoes. So our black table top was scratched
- Only one T5 light was brought one so we have to go hunt for another one ourselves and the color run as compared to the 1st one
- 1 of the door gap is too wide (1cm) which the 2 guys insisted that is normal.
- We repeated & explained the problem to UK and to the door manufacturer who came few times trying to stack up multiple wood padding on hinges but the gap is still noticeable.
- Finally the door manufacturer said there is nothing they can do.
- Weeks upon weeks after we insisted rectifying the problem, UK finally sent their own staff to see, measure and take back the problem pair, it was broken again by the staff.
- When the door was sent back, 1 side of the door has a noticeable lighter tone. Problem rectified though.
- Immediately they called and we settled the remaining payment. UD never appologise or offer any discount for the much inconvenience and incompetency caused.
Conclusion: certain materials used might be above average (we also found out the AL manufacturer by accident as they saw & recognised the KC), overall I would say the tiler team is good too, other than that...
Let me try to understand you better. You were asking if anyone had negative feedback with Unity Design (UD) and then you started to talk about Louis and Patrick, besides you also mention UK. So are you asking for opinion about someone and sharing something about someone?
Hope you can clear the confusion as you remarks is about the ID's matters alot.