highly unlikely that going to happen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
new[x]
post Apr 6 2012, 12:32 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

These are people who wait to purchase a house since 2008 and will continue to say so until they get old.
+Quote Post
Rmarkz
post Apr 6 2012, 12:39 AM

Getting Started

anyway theres bunch of high density high rise undercon project going, once completed, will see price stagnant even worst price drop, thats whats worrying me, but i try to comfort myself that good location in kl senlagor will continue to growth, such as modern area loke bukit jalil, education hub seri kembangan, and mrt line benificial area cheras. as ive bought properties around these area. finger cross im rigbt on the choice
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 12:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

ppl say bcos other ppl say... i oso want to know y... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Apr 6 2012, 12:43 AM
+Quote Post
kidmad
post Apr 6 2012, 12:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(airline @ Apr 6 2012, 12:16 AM)
Would like to know.
Many out there say after up coming election price will drop
boss, most probably PKR will stringent the rule for purchasing a home. Nett income + each person can only buy MAX 2 homes. not more than 3. hehe. HOPEFULLY! lol
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 12:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(kidmad @ Apr 6 2012, 12:43 AM)
boss, most probably PKR will stringent the rule for purchasing a home. Nett income + each person can only buy MAX 2 homes. not more than 3. hehe. HOPEFULLY! lol
any evidence to support ur assumption? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
kidmad
post Apr 6 2012, 12:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 12:44 AM)
any evidence to support ur assumption?  hmm.gif
no la! i'm just speculating only. HAHAHA. Anyway i hope it would not happen else my plans would be ruined!!!~~~
+Quote Post
M2K2Land
post Apr 6 2012, 12:58 AM

Inevitable 忍者

I dont think gonna happen... what let you think of that?
+Quote Post
psycho1
post Apr 6 2012, 01:06 AM

i think so too, because after GE if we happen to change government there will be no more "COW" fund to fry the property and rise the price anymore.... without the billions of funding the property market will be stagnant and we shall be able to buy it with half of the current price... whistling.gif whistling.gif
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 01:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(kidmad @ Apr 6 2012, 12:48 AM)
no la! i'm just speculating only. HAHAHA. Anyway i hope it would not happen else my plans would be ruined!!!~~~
talking about facts and figures, I am surprise that the latest Malaysia Property Report 2011 shows that the residential launches in 2011 is only 49290 unit, 2010 - 47698 unit.. the supply is down compared to 2007 - 52664 unit and 2008 - 48830 unit.

Msia population growth 2.6% perannum including birth death and migration, thats about additional 700,000 ppl per year.. i wonder will there be shortages of houses rather than over supply.. or REHDA giving false statistics hmm.gif

are we running out of supply? so if demand exceed supply, how property crash bcos of election?

Completion Definition: When building construction works are completed and a CF/TCF/CCC is issued within the review period. The figures in completion are not accumulated from the previous quarter but represent only one review period.
http://www.rehdainstitute.com/images/stori.../completion.pdf

Starts Definition: Building where the foundation and footing works of low rise buildings or works below ground level including piling and foundation of high-rise building started and it does not include site clearing, levelling as laying of infrastructure. The figures in start are not accumulative and represents buildings that started within a review period.
http://www.rehdainstitute.com/images/stori...tial/starts.pdf

New Planned Supply Definition: Units where building plan approval obtained from the local authority within a review quarter. The figures in the new planned supply are accumulative and represents buildings in that review quarter
http://www.rehdainstitute.com/images/stori.../newplanned.pdf
+Quote Post
cranx
post Apr 6 2012, 01:20 AM

Regular

there is a guy named toptail kept saying that in another forum.
i dont think election is related, however the signs are there already for bursting of bubble.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 01:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cranx @ Apr 6 2012, 01:20 AM)
there is a guy named toptail kept saying that in another forum.
i dont think election is related, however the signs are there already for bursting of bubble.
what are the sign and how? mind explain? and who is tis toptail? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
kidmad
post Apr 6 2012, 01:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 01:16 AM)
talking about facts and figures, I am surprise that the latest Malaysia Property Report 2011 shows that the residential launches in 2011 is only 49290 unit, 2010 - 47698 unit.. the supply is down compared to 2007 - 52664 unit and 2008 - 48830 unit.

Msia population growth 2.6% perannum including birth death and migration, thats about additional 700,000 ppl per year.. i wonder will there be shortages of houses rather than over supply..  or REHDA giving false statistics hmm.gif

are we running out of supply? so if demand exceed supply, how property crash bcos of election?

Completion Definition: When building construction works are completed and a CF/TCF/CCC is issued within the review period. The figures in completion are not accumulated from the previous quarter but represent only one review period.

Starts Definition: Building where the foundation and footing works of low rise buildings or works below ground level including piling and foundation of high-rise building started and it does not include site clearing, levelling as laying of infrastructure. The figures in start are not accumulative and represents buildings that started within a review period.

New Planned Supply Definition: Units where building plan approval obtained from the local authority within a review quarter. The figures in the new planned supply are accumulative and represents buildings in that review quarter
Hehe good common sense. But i guess some would not have thought of that. How many fresh grads we have per annum? How many head count are migrating to KV per annum? How many homes are built in KV per annum. If one can get the figure right they would see the actual figure.

Too bad some will still say confirm burst la. invest in gold la and list goes on. I'm just gonna let those no brainer to think for themselves.

This post has been edited by kidmad: Apr 6 2012, 01:24 AM
+Quote Post
cranx
post Apr 6 2012, 01:26 AM

Regular

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 01:22 AM)
what are the sign and how? mind explain? and who is tis toptail?  hmm.gif
toptail is someone who sold his property (now renting) and waiting for bubble burst..a bit extreme case

http://www.myrealestate.com.my/viewtopic.p...18223&start=750

signs lazy to say already but i am in bearish camp now. i could be wrong though but atleast it wont be too expensive a lesson to me. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
kidmad
post Apr 6 2012, 01:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cranx @ Apr 6 2012, 01:26 AM)
toptail is someone who sold his property (now renting) and waiting for bubble burst..a bit extreme case

http://www.myrealestate.com.my/viewtopic.p...18223&start=750

signs lazy to say already but i am in bearish camp now. i could be wrong though but atleast it wont be too expensive a lesson to me. tongue.gif
Haha buy a cheap cheap one and stay in first la if you don't dare the risk. Renting is really a liability. I'm planning to get another Studio Apartment this coming June/July hopefully. Whether the market would blew up or not.. i don't know but all i know is that i would not want to rent.
+Quote Post
cranx
post Apr 6 2012, 01:38 AM

Regular

QUOTE(kidmad @ Apr 6 2012, 01:37 AM)
Haha buy a cheap cheap one and stay in first la if you don't dare the risk. Renting is really a liability. I'm planning to get another Studio Apartment this coming June/July hopefully. Whether the market would blew up or not.. i don't know but all i know is that i would not want to rent.
whats the psf price of the studio, do you see a glut in high rise development? dont you think landed might be a safer bet?
say terrace house places like damansara utama or damansara jaya.
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 01:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(kidmad @ Apr 6 2012, 01:23 AM)
Hehe good common sense. But i guess some would not have thought of that. How many fresh grads we have per annum? How many head count are migrating to KV per annum? How many homes are built in KV per annum. If one can get the figure right they would see the actual figure.

Too bad some will still say confirm burst la. invest in gold la and list goes on. I'm just gonna let those no brainer to think for themselves.
there are 460000 SPM student last year.. 49000 new houses likely not gonna be enough for ppl entering the working force soon.. not to mention, malaysian life expectancy is getting longer, foreign labour occupying our lowcost houses, rich foreign investors buying up our high end houses..
http://www.google.com.my/publicdata/explor...life+expectancy

sorry... i know i m boring with figures...

any sifu wanna enlighten us on "election property crash theory" notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
kidmad
post Apr 6 2012, 01:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cranx @ Apr 6 2012, 01:38 AM)
whats the psf price of the studio, do you see a glut in high rise development? dont you think landed might be a safer bet?
too far for me. I'm currently looking at those soho unit in subang/kelana jaya. It's also better for my other half as she is working in PJ area. I don't think there would be any marketing job in cyberjaya though as i would have just bought domain. Also i'm looking at something around 300k - 350k. Anything higher than that i don't dare to put my money on.

I always follow some guideline i've setup for myself.
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 01:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cranx @ Apr 6 2012, 01:38 AM)
true, i only hold property with strong fundamental, ie good location, landed, highrise with bigger sqft. We are Asian anyway who still prefer to setup a family with kids and having a space for our family..
+Quote Post
kidmad
post Apr 6 2012, 01:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 01:41 AM)
there are 460000 SPM student last year.. 49000 new houses likely not gonna be enough for ppl entering the working force soon.. not to mention, malaysian life expectancy is getting longer, foreign labour occupying our lowcost houses, rich foreign investors buying up our high end houses..
http://www.google.com.my/publicdata/explor...life+expectancy

sorry... i know i m boring with figures...

any sifu wanna enlighten us on "election property crash theory"  notworthy.gif
Haha that's why macam mana mau collapse la. Our homes here are still considered affordable. Even in SG those HDB flats selling at SGD 500k ppl still line up to buy them. We can get condominium @ RM200k onwards! and our development is... doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

Every year there are close to 50k ppl who are seeking for a better opportunity in Klang Valley... that's the figure i last read somewhere. My current condo i'm staying i wanted to buy the duplex unit geh.. but also sold out not long after the advert is hung on the owners balcony. Should have gone swimming earlier!! vmad.gif
+Quote Post
simplicio
post Apr 6 2012, 01:48 AM

Getting Started

temasya 150 pcs house, 4k buyers.
prop bursting soon?

no no
+Quote Post
cranx
post Apr 6 2012, 01:52 AM

Regular

Msia population growth 2.6% perannum including birth death and migration, thats about additional 700,000 ppl per year.. i wonder will there be shortages of houses rather than over supply..  or REHDA giving false statistics hmm.gif

commercial title counts? i really do not see so many new launch and mega projects announced during 2007. hmm.gif

QUOTE(simplicio @ Apr 6 2012, 01:48 AM)
temasya 150 pcs house, 4k buyers.
prop bursting soon?

no no
look at it at another angle, this could be an overheated property market, where auntie uncle, college students, young office workers all wanted a piece of the action.
bubble bursts after it overheats. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
cranx
post Apr 6 2012, 02:01 AM

Regular

QUOTE(kidmad @ Apr 6 2012, 01:42 AM)
too far for me. I'm currently looking at those soho unit in subang/kelana jaya. It's also better for my other half as she is working in PJ area. I don't think there would be any marketing job in cyberjaya though as i would have just bought domain. Also i'm looking at something around 300k - 350k. Anything higher than that i don't dare to put my money on.

I always follow some guideline i've setup for myself.
i see RM350k, say 500sf.
that is RM700psf.

do you look at psf price? or just the absolute amount.
do you plan on flipping or long term rental?

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 01:44 AM)
true, i only hold property with strong fundamental, ie good location, landed, highrise with bigger sqft. We are Asian anyway who still prefer to setup a family with kids and having a space for our family..
highrise with large built up. again what is your strategy? to flip or rent?
dont really see high demand there for rental as expat are dwindling / company cutting down on rental allowance. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
kidmad
post Apr 6 2012, 02:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cranx @ Apr 6 2012, 02:01 AM)
i see RM350k, say 500sf.
that is RM700psf.

do you look at psf price? or just the absolute amount.
do you plan on flipping or long term rental?
Yup something around 500 sf. Nop i actually don't look at psf price. Flipping? I got no such intention. I only buy sub sale from another owner usually no plan to pay deposit and wait for 3 years as that's too long for me. Also got no plan for long term rental condo. What i am looking at meet a certain criteria like below some examples:

1) <5 year
2) Price are about right. Ensure that our middle class could anytime buy em off. benchmark on 3k salary bracket anything around 250k - 300k is about right.
3) sell them off once it reaches 10 years old or at max 12 years old.
4) If the price i bought at 300k i don't mind selling it off at 300k as well after 5 - 7 years.

Now the SOHO unit which i am looking for is for personal stay. If you let me to choose either landed or high rise.. i'll choose location first. eg:
high rise at Subang RM350k.
landed at Klang Bukit Tinggi 350k.. I'll pick the one at Subang anytime. Reason? Easy to let go in the future. HEHE and also easier to lease it off to another person.

This post has been edited by kidmad: Apr 6 2012, 02:10 AM
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Apr 6 2012, 09:42 AM

Talk is Cheap

Highly doubt will drop.

Market strong like great wall.
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 09:55 AM

Casual

Would like to know.
Not really, Now the last due date for next election will be in June or July 2012, You can clearly see all big player start to launch and start every project starting last month. We also rushing to get approval out from local council too. If not, they will hibernate for 1 month each before and after election.

Regarding the price, if you considering the klang valley property, very thin chances the prices will drop. If global economic recession, then yes.

But if you considering the KLSE share market, then YES, I think from 1600pts will drop to 1350pts if PKR wins big next round. Coz a lot shares were manipulating by B N. Now wonder Bijan son already becomes millionaire and M Son also can drives Bugatti Veron.

Added on April 6, 2012, 10:01 am
QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Apr 6 2012, 09:42 AM)
Highly doubt will drop.

Market strong like great wall.
Not really market is solid like great wall, Now bank negara is tightening the requirement for all loans to make sure the inflation dont burst now. I think by next year, malaysia inflation will happened again. Low bargaining power due to slow hiking in worker wages compares escalation cost for material, resources and food day by day is unavoidable. But i can bet that after this election, taxation will be hike again due to low funds and reserve for country.

Get ready to pay all kind of GST to serve the government soon. Corruption, inflation, low pay, weak currency, this is malaysia

This post has been edited by roger roger: Apr 6 2012, 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Apr 6 2012, 10:16 AM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(roger roger @ Apr 6 2012, 09:55 AM)

Added on April 6, 2012, 10:01 am
Not really market is solid like great wall, Now bank negara is tightening the requirement for all loans to make sure the inflation dont burst now. I think by next year, malaysia inflation will happened again. Low bargaining power due to slow hiking in worker wages compares escalation cost for material, resources and food day by day is unavoidable. But i can bet that after this election, taxation will be hike again due to low funds and reserve for country.

Get ready to pay all kind of GST to serve the government soon. Corruption, inflation, low pay, weak currency, this is malaysia
So know what to do in the next G.E !! icon_idea.gif
+Quote Post
TZERNG
post Apr 6 2012, 10:38 AM

Casual

Because they r dreaming in their dream land.....
THERE IS NO SUCH THING !!!
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 10:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cranx @ Apr 6 2012, 01:52 AM)
commercial title counts? i really do not see so many new launch and mega projects announced during 2007. hmm.gif
look at it at another angle, this could be an overheated property market, where auntie uncle, college students, young office workers all wanted a piece of the action.
bubble bursts after it overheats.  tongue.gif
go back 2007, tonnes of launches happening, including 2006. thats even before the BBB mode..
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 10:44 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Apr 6 2012, 10:16 AM)
So know what to do in the next G.E !!  icon_idea.gif
When i get to knows that our EPF fund had been withdraw for BN political use and Felda, I raged! Thats our hardearn saving, how dare EPF use it for non or low return investment! BN political fund or Felda loan should only fund by Taxation, but not EPF.
+Quote Post
snetha11
post Apr 6 2012, 10:48 AM

Getting Started

dont think so. the stock market will drop before and after the election (depending on the outcome), but our economy is relatively OK. ppl still have the purchasing and holding power. dont think prices will drop. prices will drop if ppl start doing fire sale - interest rates too high, unemployment too high so cannot pay the installment and etc.
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 10:50 AM

Casual

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 10:43 AM)
go back 2007, tonnes of launches happening, including 2006. thats even before the BBB mode..
I agree, during 2006 and 2007, a lot big projects mushroom out, but unfortunately, in August 2008, World economy recession strikes due to hiking of crude oil, rumble or wall street due to le man brothers bankruptcy. Malaysia property suddenly rumble due to excessive escalating cost to all building material and transportation. A lot property developer tarik hand brake because a lot contractor unable to coupe with those cost due to No fluctuation claim is allowed in any PAM contract. Malaysia property only start to keep up after year 2010.
+Quote Post
prody
post Apr 6 2012, 10:53 AM

Dance while the record spins

Would like to know.
Depends on the outcome:
BN win: some people might give up and start to leave the country --> increase in supply --> price drop
PR win: new wave of hope and optimism --> price increase

Added on April 6, 2012, 10:59 am

I'm also a bit blur on all the definitions but it says here that there are currently 556,651 units under construction (page 9, Q4 2011, various stages) in Malaysia: http://napic.jpph.gov.my/portal/content/Pu...residential.pdf

This post has been edited by prody: Apr 6 2012, 10:59 AM
+Quote Post
silverfish1
post Apr 6 2012, 11:27 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(snetha11 @ Apr 6 2012, 10:48 AM)
dont think so. the stock market will drop before and after the election (depending on the outcome), but our economy is relatively OK. ppl still have the purchasing and holding power. dont think prices will drop. prices will drop if ppl start doing fire sale - interest rates too high, unemployment too high so cannot pay the installment and etc.
I just hang up the phone after speaking to banker from a reputable bank. He says the BFR shall go up after elections . Can anyone else please verify this?
If yes, how much more? Banker said perhaps up to 6.9 or 7%. unsure.gif
Would appreciate any input from other bankers. Thanks.
+Quote Post
airline
post Apr 6 2012, 11:33 AM

7 stars

Never hear.
Which reputable bank is this
+Quote Post
katijar
post Apr 6 2012, 11:43 AM

Regular

quickly sell while still got time... shocking.gif
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 12:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(katijar @ Apr 6 2012, 11:43 AM)
quickly sell while still got time...  shocking.gif
provided if your property is in hot price now
+Quote Post
katijar
post Apr 6 2012, 12:03 PM

Regular

QUOTE(roger roger @ Apr 6 2012, 12:00 PM)
provided if your property is in hot price now
which property not in "hot price" now if bought > 2-3 years ago?
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 12:06 PM

Casual

QUOTE(katijar @ Apr 6 2012, 12:03 PM)
which property not in "hot price" now if bought > 2-3 years ago?
depend on location location location, u cant says semenyih, rawang, sepang, alam impian are tagged with hot price item from grabs now? right?
+Quote Post
katijar
post Apr 6 2012, 12:16 PM

Regular

QUOTE(roger roger @ Apr 6 2012, 12:06 PM)
depend on location location location, u cant says semenyih, rawang, sepang, alam impian are tagged with hot price item from grabs now? right?
why not? now rawang also hot mah... mah sing also there wor..
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 12:23 PM

Casual

QUOTE(katijar @ Apr 6 2012, 12:16 PM)
why not? now rawang also hot mah...  mah sing also there wor..
mah sing venture in rawang doesnt reflect rawang property will be suddenly become hot, i can get a semi d in rawang for a price of 350k-400k, if i want to stay there now. SP Setia ALAM and Eco park in Meru, will the property surrounding price suddenly pop up? No right? Because Setia Alam and Eco is a self-sustain development.
+Quote Post
katijar
post Apr 6 2012, 12:26 PM

Regular

QUOTE(roger roger @ Apr 6 2012, 12:23 PM)
mah sing venture in rawang doesnt reflect rawang property will be suddenly become hot, i can get a semi d in rawang for a price of 350k-400k, if i want to stay there now. SP Setia ALAM and Eco park in Meru, will the property surrounding price suddenly pop up? No right? Because Setia Alam and Eco is a self-sustain development.
no la everywhere also hot la, some even say got property bubble...
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 12:30 PM

Casual

QUOTE(katijar @ Apr 6 2012, 12:26 PM)
no la everywhere also hot la, some even say got property bubble...
property bubble in KL City Centre - yes. Coz supply is more than demand redi. Not everyone can afford rm1 million small size condo and demanding a rm6k rental from its. Once its pops, i will get myself a decent 1 facing the KLCC. How cool is that.
+Quote Post
katijar
post Apr 6 2012, 12:33 PM

Regular

QUOTE(roger roger @ Apr 6 2012, 12:30 PM)
property bubble in KL City Centre - yes. Coz supply is more than demand redi. Not everyone can afford rm1 million small size condo and demanding a rm6k rental from its. Once its pops, i will get myself a decent 1 facing the KLCC. How cool is that.
so u admit got bubble and property is hot la... and regarding the decent 1 facing KLCC ... provided the bubble burst and u r the only can afford la. icon_idea.gif
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 12:44 PM

Casual

no lah, bubble and hot property is at selected location only. When bubble burst, its my time to take out my long save saving for investment. You can noticed a lot forumer showing off how many biji they had bought in new launched, some even on the way to become millionaire or billionaire lah, Im not as luck as they are, but with my decent saving now, it should comes in handy for me to get 1 facing the KLCC when bubble burst with a reasonable and affordable price tag. Now property price tag in KL and selangor is out off government control, all developers want to max out their profit only, like no body business, thanks to real estate agent, simply over speculate the property. Ones must not forget, giving rebates in price tag is against the council rules, but nowaday, nobody gives a thought about that. chaos.
+Quote Post
dtna7
post Apr 6 2012, 01:42 PM

Casual

if the ltv70% was not implemented, it would worry me and i would somehow agree more to this thread.

Hence i disagree, no property burst, not anytime soon. blush.gif
The same was uttered by dozens 3 years back unsure.gif

Look where we are now.
Some would take this and argue that downward graphs is coming, but with the current rate where executives/professionals are commanding a better salary, i still do not see it going down anytime soon cool2.gif

just my amateur 2 cents. thumbup.gif
(pity the low salaried ones though sweat.gif )
+Quote Post
michaellee
post Apr 6 2012, 02:00 PM

Regular

QUOTE(dtna7 @ Apr 6 2012, 01:42 PM)
if the ltv70% was not implemented, it would worry me and i would somehow agree more to this thread.

Hence i disagree, no property burst, not anytime soon. blush.gif
The same was uttered by dozens 3 years back unsure.gif

Look where we are now.
Some would take this and argue that downward graphs is coming, but with the current rate where executives/professionals are commanding a better salary, i still do not see it going down anytime soon  cool2.gif

just my amateur 2 cents. thumbup.gif
(pity the low salaried ones though sweat.gif )
Personally it is a simple equation. When developers are raking in big bucks, it means that the demand way outstripped the supply and whatever supplies that comes online will be snapped up easily by a bouyant market. Price adjustment is a definite scenario down the track. But at what rate? That is something that I doubt any expert will know.

Best plans are defensive plans. Selling more than buying. Buying only selected properties at location which has yet to see hefty increase but yet strategic. Executives/professionals commanding better salary may find themselves out of job if a crisis comes. And do you think they could still pay off their mortgages?
+Quote Post
puchongite
post Apr 6 2012, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Is this thread "Are property prices going to up further? V5" ? LOL.

Do we need so many threads on everyone's greatest predictions of the Malaysia property market ?
+Quote Post
silverfish1
post Apr 6 2012, 02:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(airline @ Apr 6 2012, 11:33 AM)
Never hear.
Which reputable bank is this
Bank name starts with "A"......
+Quote Post
puchongite
post Apr 6 2012, 02:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(silverfish1 @ Apr 6 2012, 02:13 PM)
Bank name starts with "A"......
Not aware of any bank starts with "A" and REPUTABLE. LOL.
+Quote Post
silverfish1
post Apr 6 2012, 02:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 6 2012, 02:17 PM)
Not aware of any bank starts with "A" and REPUTABLE. LOL.
LOL. reputable....maybe not too much but think again...there are banks in Malaysia that start with "A".....
+Quote Post
airline
post Apr 6 2012, 02:26 PM

7 stars

Alliance or Aliianz
+Quote Post
puchongite
post Apr 6 2012, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(airline @ Apr 6 2012, 02:26 PM)
Alliance or Aliianz
Got some more .....
+Quote Post
katijar
post Apr 6 2012, 02:31 PM

Regular

Ambank ah?

Added on April 6, 2012, 2:31 pmAffin bank?

This post has been edited by katijar: Apr 6 2012, 02:31 PM
+Quote Post
tamagato
post Apr 6 2012, 02:33 PM

Getting Started

Do U guys really think pkr can win? I heard lots of news tat pkr hardly win.. The cronies will do watever to win this election.. U think a c4 killer will juz let the pkr win like tat?
+Quote Post
puchongite
post Apr 6 2012, 02:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(tamagato @ Apr 6 2012, 02:33 PM)
Do U guys really think pkr can win? I heard lots of news tat pkr hardly win.. The cronies will do watever to win this election.. U think a c4 killer will juz let the pkr win like tat?
By the way, it's PR not PKR.

PR = Pakatan Rakyat
PKR = Party Keadilan Rakyat.

Whether who wins I don't know, but MXX will sure be gone !
+Quote Post
katijar
post Apr 6 2012, 02:42 PM

Regular

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 6 2012, 02:38 PM)
By the way, it's PR not PKR.

PR = Pakatan Rakyat
PKR = Party Keadilan Rakyat.

Whether who wins I don't know, but MXX will sure be gone !
MAS? MCA? MIA? laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Alvinyeo
post Apr 6 2012, 03:02 PM

Talk is Cheap

QUOTE(roger roger @ Apr 6 2012, 10:44 AM)
When i get to knows that our EPF fund had been withdraw for BN political use and Felda, I raged! Thats our hardearn saving, how dare EPF use it for non or low return investment! BN political fund or Felda loan should only fund by Taxation, but not EPF.
Damn True !! vmad.gif

Added on April 6, 2012, 3:04 pm
Maybe you interested join the topic here :

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2284717

icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by Alvinyeo: Apr 6 2012, 03:04 PM
+Quote Post
Vincent Pang
post Apr 6 2012, 03:24 PM

Regular

QUOTE(roger roger @ Apr 6 2012, 12:44 PM)
no lah, bubble and hot property is at selected location only. When bubble burst, its my time to take out my long save saving for investment. You can noticed a lot forumer showing off how many biji they had bought in new launched, some even on the way to become millionaire or billionaire lah, Im not as luck as they are, but with my decent saving now, it should comes in handy for me to get 1 facing the KLCC when bubble burst with a reasonable and affordable price tag. Now property price tag in KL and selangor is out off government control, all developers want to max out their profit only, like no body business, thanks to real estate agent, simply over speculate the property. Ones must not forget, giving rebates in price tag is against the council rules, but nowaday, nobody gives a thought about that. chaos.
is there such thing as bubble only on an area ? i won't even call it a bubble if it's only an area. Cause once the price for the area drop, the demand will go up again. Ppl is buying property as far as nilai and semenyih simply because kl centre is too expensive. If the price goes down, who will still want to stay in nilai and semenyih and go to work in KL everyday
+Quote Post
roger roger
post Apr 6 2012, 03:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Apr 6 2012, 03:02 PM)
Damn True !!  vmad.gif
Sometime i felt annoy when i paid my tax in full and accordingly, I notice some "who who" people don't even bother to pay the tax and some of them even manipulate their taxation declaration. The LHDN not even care to catch them, if you know what i mean. But for us, haih, kurang rm100 already received letter. How wish i can join UMNO but not MCA. (Im not MCA member coz join also nothing benefit, maybe free CSL DVD got lah!)
+Quote Post
Mikken
post Apr 6 2012, 03:38 PM

#

It will be interesting to see what PR will do if it came into power. BNM will be headed by another person? Policies do affect property prices. Will the MRT project still be continued?
+Quote Post
advocado
post Apr 6 2012, 03:45 PM

Regular

You can't compare demand with population growth as usual people only start to buy properties in their mid 20's, so you need to compare the population growth maybe 20 years back, those who are now grown ups & ready to purchase properties.

+Quote Post
tamagato
post Apr 6 2012, 04:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Alvinyeo @ Apr 6 2012, 03:02 PM)
Damn True !!  vmad.gif

Added on April 6, 2012, 3:04 pm

Maybe you interested join the topic here :

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2284717

icon_idea.gif
haha thks for ur advise bro..

juz to inform those ppl are over worried on the properties due to election.

if u think properly... Malaysia is a vry nice place to sty.. without any nature disaster and juz bcoz of lousy govenrment making the country bankrupt.

If really change the Government.. Maybe the properties will getting better due to more investor coming to invest in malaysia or ppl migrates to here. Examples Penang.

Currently is because of our Current Stupid Government.. Bringing all those Disaster to our country examples, Johor, Pahang. U guys shud know wats the case.

Another issue is.. Current government onli know how to bring labour to malaysia and the lower income people increase and cant afford medium level property.

Upper level bcome richer and richer and own most of the properties so they able to control the price of each property. Even they can own the land here and migrates to other country because they are rich. Juz like thaksim.. Even bought a football club.. lolz

So which ever who win also no worries on ur property la.. If BN win ur property might have values currently.. but in future who knows? Sekali country bankrupt bcome like egypt how much value on ur property also no use.. lolz

+Quote Post
Sikit2JadiBukit
post Apr 6 2012, 11:32 PM

Persistent Investment

If the current Gomen win it is possible Prop price drop due to GST, 1Care, 1Cow, 1so on.

Vote for them if you want cheap house but 1st thing 1st your income has been cut big time - BIG LOSE small gain.
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 6 2012, 11:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(advocado @ Apr 6 2012, 03:45 PM)
You can't compare demand with population growth as usual people only start to buy properties in their mid 20's, so you need to compare the population growth maybe 20 years back, those who are now grown ups & ready to purchase properties.
we havent include urban migration, adults from other states coming to KV
+Quote Post
A.B.D.
post Apr 7 2012, 01:21 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Mikken @ Apr 6 2012, 03:38 PM)
It will be interesting to see what PR will do if it came into power. BNM will be headed by another person? Policies do affect property prices. Will the MRT project still be continued?
PR don't need to change programs like MRT. All beneficial programs can go on, the difference is like Lim Guan Eng said, tak makan suap. So things get done cheaper and better for everyone. But unfortunately those holding public posts cannot be mega rich powerful act like gods anymore laugh.gif
+Quote Post
dtna7
post Apr 7 2012, 06:36 AM

Casual

QUOTE(michaellee @ Apr 6 2012, 02:00 PM)
Personally it is a simple equation. When developers are raking in big bucks, it means that the demand way outstripped the supply and whatever supplies that comes online will be snapped up easily by a bouyant market. Price adjustment is a definite scenario down the track. But at what rate? That is something that I doubt any expert will know.

Best plans are defensive plans. Selling more than buying. Buying only selected properties at location which has yet to see hefty increase but yet strategic. Executives/professionals commanding better salary may find themselves out of job if a crisis comes. And do you think they could still pay off their mortgages?
Price adjustment.
A definite occurrence in property prices. All countries will experience that. Currently BNM is implementing lots of policies to slow down the market. A burst will only occur if property price rate is growing at a substantial rate that is more than what we could digest. And i do not see this coming.

My personal opinion for this year property market is the growth is still there, but at a lower rate compared to previous years. Jobs are overflowing in our country and competitive salary is surfacing.

However, salary growth will never catch up with property growth. This is definite. But it does not mean a burst will happen. 2nd generation loans will he here sooner or later to cater for the market change and 'demand' will be staying to sustain the rate. We are merely repeating what other developed countries went through, hence existing solutions are merely there waiting to be implemented.

Buying strategic location properties will never be wrong. This was already proven during previous crisis. Lots of investors holding on to it even when they predicted a crisis coming, and they were right.

Just my humble 2 cents.
+Quote Post
advocado
post Apr 7 2012, 08:10 AM

Regular

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 11:32 PM)
we havent include urban migration, adults from other states coming to KV
So you are pulling the wrong statistic for comparison.
+Quote Post
WaveW
post Apr 7 2012, 08:18 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dtna7 @ Apr 7 2012, 06:36 AM)
Price adjustment.
A definite occurrence in property prices. All countries will experience that. Currently BNM is implementing lots of policies to slow down the market. A burst will only occur if property price rate is growing at a substantial rate that is more than what we could digest. And i do not see this coming.

My personal opinion for this year property market is the growth is still there, but at a lower rate compared to previous years. Jobs are overflowing in our country and competitive salary is surfacing.

However, salary growth will never catch up with property growth. This is definite. But it does not mean a burst will happen. 2nd generation loans will he here sooner or later to cater for the market change and 'demand' will be staying to sustain the rate. We are merely repeating what other developed countries went through, hence existing solutions are merely there waiting to be implemented.

Buying strategic location properties will never be wrong. This was already proven during previous crisis. Lots of investors holding on to it even when they predicted a crisis coming, and they were right.

Just my humble 2 cents.
agree on growth prediction. Even though government want to build the "affordable" apartment, the developer will sell to foreigners continue to push the price up n up again....

look at Singapore, even though the government build more even better quality HDB flats the developer still manage to sell higher price at abt SD1400 psf for just about 750 sqft condo with 3 rooms or about 5 car parking size.....

we can't stop the price up, looking at the price up, we can only choose property with smaller size, not better location, cheaper materials, higher density, or maybe not much facilities or security.

Added on April 7, 2012, 8:40 am
QUOTE(Sikit2JadiBukit @ Apr 6 2012, 11:32 PM)
If the current Gomen win it is possible Prop price drop due to GST, 1Care, 1Cow, 1so on.

Vote for them if you want cheap house but 1st thing 1st your income has been cut big time - BIG LOSE small gain.
singapore even GST on water, indah water,....GST everywhere ...

This post has been edited by WaveW: Apr 7 2012, 08:40 AM
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 7 2012, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(advocado @ Apr 7 2012, 08:10 AM)
So you are pulling the wrong statistic for comparison.
i dont think so... if you look back at rehda stats, supply is decreasing while population growth is growing..
+Quote Post
danielisme
post Apr 7 2012, 08:13 PM

Casual

Why Must limit ppl buy house ..? Malaysia always a open market. You willing to buy and I willing to sell, no force. Don't blame the properties expensive just blame our income never increase.
+Quote Post
Iceman74
post Apr 7 2012, 09:26 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(WaveW @ Apr 7 2012, 08:18 AM)
singapore even GST on water, indah water,....GST everywhere ...
Their GST everywhere but their tax rate are much lower than us. It is much fairer deal than only minority tax payers pay to our gov & yet get squeeze sad.gif
+Quote Post
kangwoo
post Apr 8 2012, 11:05 AM

Getting Started

ppl tat claimed tat property will drop after GE is the asslicker kerja...trying to takut2kan voters to keep voters to vote for rubbish dacing

+Quote Post
valve_300b
post Apr 9 2012, 01:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(A.B.D. @ Apr 7 2012, 01:21 AM)
PR don't need to change programs like MRT. All beneficial programs can go on, the difference is like Lim Guan Eng said, tak makan suap. So things get done cheaper and better for everyone. But unfortunately those holding public posts cannot be mega rich powerful act like gods anymore  laugh.gif
Maybe Guan Eng tak makan, but who can guarantee his officer doesn't
+Quote Post
phoenixxx
post Apr 9 2012, 02:01 PM

Sesquipedalian hittin' the quasihemdemisemiquaver

I've been waiting for the bubble to burst since 2010... everyone talk of bubble and yet I see the prices continue to go up... so, I've decided to stop waiting for an imaginary bubble and dived right in! biggrin.gif

If the bubble does indeed burst, then that only means my next property comes faster than expected... laugh.gif
+Quote Post
NeoMnemonic
post Apr 9 2012, 02:52 PM

Casual

The only thing that drop is the pants. When it comes to money in Malaysia, nothing will decrease. Later there will be a huge gap between the rich and the poor.
+Quote Post
A.B.D.
post Apr 9 2012, 09:39 PM

Casual

no matter how all of us vote, BN can never lose, there's too much at stake. PR will never form govt. simple as that. the more you vote BN, the less cheating work they have to do, the more you vote PR the more cheating work they have to do.

BN is just being nice so far. In some countries when long time ruling party pushed to the limit, they bring out the tanks and the army. they catch bad talkers, enemies die suddenly sad.gif

Added on April 9, 2012, 9:40 pm
QUOTE(phoenixxx @ Apr 9 2012, 02:01 PM)
I've been waiting for the bubble to burst since 2010... everyone talk of bubble and yet I see the prices continue to go up... so, I've decided to stop waiting for an imaginary bubble and dived right in! biggrin.gif

If the bubble does indeed burst, then that only means my next property comes faster than expected... laugh.gif
Good! where you decided to buy? rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by A.B.D.: Apr 9 2012, 09:40 PM
+Quote Post
snetha11
post Apr 11 2012, 10:50 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(silverfish1 @ Apr 6 2012, 11:27 AM)
I just hang up the phone after speaking to banker from a reputable bank. He says the BFR shall go up after elections . Can anyone else please verify this?
If yes, how much more? Banker said perhaps up to 6.9 or 7%. unsure.gif
Would appreciate any input from other bankers. Thanks.
BNM is more likely to maintain OPR at current rate this year. why must increase OPR / BLR meh? inflation in msia has now cooled down a bit to around 2 pct. and with the gloomy global economic outlook, it's unwise to increase the rate further. not good for GDP growth
+Quote Post
jeghui
post Apr 11 2012, 01:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!

a change of gov will result in uncertainties in terms of policies. thus investors' confidence will definitely drop.

it will only pick up after the gov has stablized and finalized the policy. might take 1 year or more.

not rocket science really.
+Quote Post
Tigerr
post Apr 11 2012, 02:24 PM

Regular

QUOTE(danielisme @ Apr 7 2012, 08:13 PM)
Why Must limit ppl buy house ..? Malaysia always a open market. You willing to buy and I willing to sell, no force. Don't blame the properties expensive just blame our income never increase.
dont blame income never increase, blame your brain not become smarter..... laugh.gif
+Quote Post
M2K2Land
post Apr 11 2012, 02:25 PM

Inevitable 忍者

If you got holding power... who care...
+Quote Post
Tigerr
post Apr 11 2012, 02:30 PM

Regular

QUOTE(phoenixxx @ Apr 9 2012, 02:01 PM)

You are right....i have been waiting for the bubbles to burst also....but waited too long....and i jump in a semiD in end 2010 and mid last year, 1 jump in another semiD. Now, see whether the bubble can drag beyond 2015 or not.....as i can cash out by 2014... laugh.gif
+Quote Post
M2K2Land
post Apr 11 2012, 02:39 PM

Inevitable 忍者

QUOTE(Tigerr @ Apr 11 2012, 02:30 PM)
You are right....i have been waiting for the bubbles to burst also....but waited too long....and i jump in a semiD in end 2010 and mid last year, 1 jump in another semiD. Now, see whether the bubble can drag beyond 2015 or not.....as i can cash out by 2014... laugh.gif
Good Job bro... I also still waiting tongue.gif
+Quote Post
spydermind
post Apr 11 2012, 03:29 PM

On my way

i really dont understand why people wait:

- for those who are buying a house to stay in (assuming those who can afford or willing to afford), be it a first house or upgrade, if you already find something you like, then just buy it if the price is reasonable (unless you think the price will become reasonable in a few months time). unless you are waiting for a new project that you like. At least, you have a timeline or visibility on that.

- For those who are purely for investment, there are plenty of subsales which is still reasonable in price, also there are new projects which are interesting enough....some even go for bargain in auction (not all though).

Why wait for something that you dont know if it will happen or when it will happen or to what extend it will happen? If you have no need, then it is fair enough....if you are investor, you may choose to invest in something else while waiting for the downturn....

I personally dont believe the election has direct impact on house price. Political Stability , economic growth, etc would result in more job opportunities , more prosperity in the people ..when these happen, people will buy or upgrade or invest more.

Dont worry too much, as there might be war, natural disaster, flood, soil erosion, etc.....all these, if anyone of these happen at your area, it wil definitely affect the house price, but we cant control these right?
+Quote Post
M2K2Land
post Apr 11 2012, 03:34 PM

Inevitable 忍者

QUOTE(spydermind @ Apr 11 2012, 03:29 PM)
i really dont understand why people wait:

- for those who are buying a house to stay in (assuming those who can afford or willing to afford), be it a first house or upgrade, if you already find something you like, then just buy it if the price is reasonable (unless you think the price will become reasonable in a few months time). unless you are waiting for a new project that you like. At least, you have a timeline or visibility on that.

- For those who are purely for investment, there are plenty of subsales which is still reasonable in price, also there are new projects which are interesting enough....some even go for bargain in auction (not all though).

Why wait for something that you dont know if it will happen or when it will happen or to what extend it will happen? If you have no need, then it is fair enough....if you are investor, you may choose to invest in something else while waiting for the downturn....

I personally dont believe the election has direct impact on house price. Political Stability , economic growth, etc would result in more job opportunities , more prosperity in the people ..when these happen, people will buy or upgrade or invest more.

Dont worry too much, as there might be war, natural disaster, flood, soil erosion, etc.....all these, if anyone of these happen at your area, it wil definitely affect the house price, but we cant control these right?
Poor mindset wait 1st listen to rumors.
+Quote Post
UFO-ET
post Apr 13 2012, 08:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Why people hold back & wait?

- Lack of courage to take risk! Fear has conquered one's mindset!
Bearish market needs greater courage to cope with, it is harder to make a decision. Fot those who is waiting for price drop 30%-50%, they will never in.

No matter when we examine property price, it is always too high! Dun look back, it's too late, golden rule for property investment is early entry.

This post has been edited by UFO-ET: Apr 13 2012, 09:01 PM
+Quote Post
twincharger07
post Apr 18 2012, 08:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...52&sec=business

Property continues climb

The price of homes expected to advance 5% to 10% this year

PETALING JAYA: Overall price appreciation for residential properties is expected to range between 5% and 10% this year, according to CIMB Research.

In a report, the research unit said residential properties' price appreciation could be even higher but it believed that the Government would continue to remain vigilant on “runaway” property prices.

CIMB Research said in terms of house price appreciation, despite the slower real GDP (gross domestic product) growth projection of 3.8% compared with 5.1% in 2011, it believed that 2012 would be another good year due to several factors.

“Buying momentum continued to be strong, driven by inflationary fears.

“Supply growth should remain depressed as developers have only just started to focus more on affordable homes costing not more than RM500,000 in the Klang Valley.

“Major infrastructure improvements in the Klang Valley such as the MRT (My Rapid Transit), River Rehabilitation and covered walkway projects will help boost property prices.”

CIMB Research said although the residential property market would continue to set new records in 2012, it was expected that there would be a slowdown in the increase in overall transaction values in 2012 after two years of high growth that averaged around 30%.

“In view of credit-tightening measures by the central bank, we believe that the growth in transaction value should slow to 10% to 12% this year.”

CIMB Research noted that in 2011, the growth of residential property supply in Malaysia fell to 1.5%, which was the lowest on record.

The slowdown in supply growth was most pronounced in the big three markets (Johor, Penang and Klang Valley), which recorded an average growth of 1.2%.

The only states to buck the slowing trend were Terengganu, Kelantan and Perlis.

“If supply growth continues to lag behind population growth, house prices can only head in one direction.”

It was noted that major developers such as SP Setia Bhd, UEM Land Holdings Bhd, Mah Sing Group Bhd and UOA Development Bhd were all gunning for sales records this year and growth rates ranging from 10% to 35%.

It was also pointed out that the risks to CIMB Research's volume and price projections for 2012 included the global economic outlook and the local stock market performance.

However, CIMB Research is not optimistic about the commercial property market in the Klang Valley as oversupply will plague the sector for many years to come.

It noted that occupancy rates for the office and retail sector had started to drop.

Meanwhile, future supply of hotel rooms (under construction) in the Klang Valley is likely to depress occupancy rates in the coming years.

According to CIMB Research, UOA Development would be the biggest winner in a Klang Valley property boom as the company has no exposure elsewhere.

The research unit is also optimistic about the prospects for Johor, particularly Nusajaya, as 2012 would see the completion of various catalyst projects.

“The biggest beneficiaries of a property boom in Johor would be UEM Land due to its vast holdings in Nusajaya and SP Setia which is the dominant developer in the state.”

CIMB Research maintained its “trading buy” call on the property sector, but pointed out that property stocks could be sold down heavily in the event of an unfavourable general election outcome.

+Quote Post
ecin
post Apr 18 2012, 12:55 PM

QUOTE(newx @ Apr 6 2012, 12:32 AM)
These are people who wait to purchase a house since 2008 and will continue to say so until they get old.
haha biggrin.gif

Added on
"Why people say after general election price drop, Please share"
At least half of them who are saying so, really, they are just saying only, they bought and hunting for the next one also drool.gif
+Quote Post
MugenK20A
post May 3 2012, 02:44 PM

Regular

if feel like buying a hse then election coming. Every 4yrs got election then no need buy like that...
+Quote Post
jason_chee
post May 3 2012, 03:22 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(MugenK20A @ May 3 2012, 02:44 PM)
if feel like buying a hse then election coming. Every 4yrs got election then no need buy like that...
i agreed with u. i doubt GE will have effect on prop price.

for those who has dive-in without waiting, congratz. as far as i concern, price won't go down this year. if you are afraid, then put 100% monitoring to property value especially condo. how to check? easy, just visit iproperty / mudah. monitor the selling price from the website and see whether the price drop or increase. if u feel it's decreasing, then sell ur unit. but for own stay, no need la. if gained, you won't sell ur house to reap the profit. you'll continue to stay there as well. if price depreciate, you won't sell either cos you're making loses. so, you'll stay there as well. so, conclusion is, why wait?
+Quote Post
swordfish911
post May 2 2013, 05:03 PM

Casual

QUOTE(kidmad @ Apr 6 2012, 12:48 AM)
people gotta stop buying house and speculating it la. it is making houses prices higher if they continue on like that.

so basically the rich will get richer while the poor n middle income can never afford to buy a house
+Quote Post
Steven83
post May 2 2013, 05:19 PM

On my way

lol...if you are buying for your own stay, do it now. For those who want to fry, do it now too. Lets see what happens later.
+Quote Post
Steven83
post May 2 2013, 05:21 PM

On my way

QUOTE(jason_chee @ May 3 2012, 03:22 PM)
i agreed with u. i doubt GE will have effect on prop price.

for those who has dive-in without waiting, congratz. as far as i concern, price won't go down this year. if you are afraid, then put 100% monitoring to property value especially condo. how to check? easy, just visit iproperty / mudah. monitor the selling price from the website and see whether the price drop or increase. if u feel it's decreasing, then sell ur unit. but for own stay, no need la. if gained, you won't sell ur house to reap the profit. you'll continue to stay there as well. if price depreciate, you won't sell either cos you're making loses. so, you'll stay there as well. so, conclusion is, why wait?
then you should check did they really got sold off or not. I can rise my landed property to 3mil but do anyone wants to buy my property? We no need maths to do that too even Aunty and Uncle at kopitam can tell that well.

This post has been edited by Steven83: May 2 2013, 05:22 PM
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 2 2013, 05:42 PM

Casual

There's a strategy in investment... buy high, and sell higher... end of the day, we are talking about something that appreciates in long run... look at the ups and downs in Hongkong market during last burst and current "extreme" pricing... end of the day, like some mentioned above: it's all about holding power... As such, my humble 2 cents: just make sure you do not over leverage with everything via minimum down-payment... After all, over leverage is going to bring down everything regardless of any investment vehicle...
+Quote Post
johnlaw
post May 2 2013, 05:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(newx @ Apr 6 2012, 12:32 AM)
No la.. Your boss will build 1 Million affordable + nice quality houses ma..
+Quote Post
zonefinder
post May 2 2013, 06:06 PM

Casual

There will be pent up demand as folks have been waiting months for the elections to be over. Foreign investors will wait for signals from the new govt on their policies. Expect to be investor friendly to generate FDI.
+Quote Post
johnlaw
post May 2 2013, 06:08 PM

Getting Started

I guess property prices won't go down after GE, at least until 2014. However one thing that is likely to happen is there will be a lot of new & nice condos/ studios/ SOHOs but nobody is staying inside. Just my 2 cents.
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 4 2013, 07:38 AM

Casual

QUOTE(johnlaw @ May 2 2013, 07:08 PM)
I guess property prices won't go down after GE, at least until 2014. However one thing that is likely to happen is there will be a lot of new & nice condos/ studios/ SOHOs but nobody is staying inside. Just my 2 cents.
nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif Nobody is staying inside is something norms these days... hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
+Quote Post
AMINT
post May 4 2013, 08:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(gunners_my @ May 4 2013, 07:38 AM)
nod.gif  nod.gif  nod.gif Nobody is staying inside is something norms these days...  hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
So dont buy SOHO and service apartments la. buy landed properties la. yeah landed mostly expensive. If expensive dont buy la. if can afford then buy la. i am avoiding high rise currently due to this fear but i think some high rise are ok
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 4 2013, 08:24 AM

Casual

QUOTE(AMINT @ May 4 2013, 09:14 AM)
So dont buy SOHO and service apartments la. buy landed properties la. yeah landed mostly expensive. If expensive dont buy la. if can afford then buy la. i am avoiding high rise currently due to this fear but i think some high rise are ok
bro.. it's about liquidity at times... no doubt, landed deliver stability in terms of pricing in long run.. but,it comes with lesser liquidity too.. so, I think the best way is to grab both... as a matter of diversification.. thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
AMINT
post May 4 2013, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(gunners_my @ May 4 2013, 08:24 AM)
bro.. it's about liquidity at times... no doubt, landed deliver stability in terms of pricing in long run.. but,it comes with lesser liquidity too.. so, I think the best way is to grab both... as a matter of diversification..  thumbup.gif
Some people like to diversify. For me in this time of many uncertainties, i prefer landed. Less liquidity? Good landed will always have demand wan. I have been getting calls every week to sell my landed props bro. Not kidding here. Until it gets annoying since i dont wanna sell now

This post has been edited by AMINT: May 4 2013, 08:30 AM
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 4 2013, 08:31 AM

Casual

QUOTE(AMINT @ May 4 2013, 09:28 AM)
Some people like to diversify. For me in this time of many uncertainties, i prefer landed. Less liquidity? Good landed will always have demand wan. I have been getting calls every week to sell my landed props bro. Not kidding here. Until it gets annoying since i dont wanna sell now
This is the time u should ask them back: "I dont want to sell... btw, you want to sell yours?" drool.gif
+Quote Post
AMINT
post May 4 2013, 08:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(gunners_my @ May 4 2013, 08:31 AM)
This is the time u should ask them back: "I dont want to sell... btw, you want to sell yours?"  drool.gif
Hahah. I wouldnt put everything in one basket. i got a lot of fears. Anyway, one of my props that i mentioned here is ayu impian, walking distance to setia city mall. A few owners also told me that they are also annoyed.
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 4 2013, 08:58 AM

Casual

QUOTE(AMINT @ May 4 2013, 09:37 AM)
Hahah. I wouldnt put everything in one basket. i got a lot of fears. Anyway, one of my props that i mentioned here is ayu impian, walking distance to setia city mall. A few owners also told me that they are also annoyed.
wow... setia alam site.. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
good choice thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
torkl
post May 4 2013, 09:11 AM

Getting Started

I think over the past few years high rise probably returned more than landed, at least rent can cover mortgage
+Quote Post
AMINT
post May 4 2013, 09:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(torkl @ May 4 2013, 09:11 AM)
I think over the past few years high rise probably returned more than landed, at least rent can cover mortgage
That is one of the pros. But anything goes wrong, high rise kena hentam first
+Quote Post
johnlaw
post May 4 2013, 09:26 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(torkl @ May 4 2013, 09:11 AM)
Ya.. But now I starting to see a lot of newly completed high rise with less than little occupancy. Selling for RM300k but rent for RM1k, Selling for RM500k but rent for RM1.8-2k. rclxub.gif

I wonder what will happen to those SOHOs & studios.
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 4 2013, 09:34 AM

Casual

QUOTE(johnlaw @ May 4 2013, 10:26 AM)
Ya.. But now I starting to see a lot of newly completed high rise with less than little occupancy. Selling for RM300k but rent for RM1k, Selling for RM500k but rent for RM1.8-2k.  rclxub.gif

I wonder what will happen to those SOHOs & studios.
Bro.. I think the said rental at least not so bad as it is still much higher than current FD rate and we haven't calculated the potential appreciation in the future... My side, puchong worse... a condo stands at 400k these days, rental wise 800-1k... almost like putting in FD... doh.gif doh.gif

The latest on SOHO & studios in setia walk... I think selling price around 700k for a small unit... as usual, all sold out but empty and not occupy... shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
johnlaw
post May 4 2013, 09:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gunners_my @ May 4 2013, 09:34 AM)
Bro.. I think the said rental at least not so bad as it is still much higher than current FD rate and we haven't calculated the potential appreciation in the future... My side, puchong worse... a condo stands at 400k these days, rental wise 800-1k... almost like putting in FD...  doh.gif  doh.gif

The latest on SOHO & studios in setia walk... I think selling price around 700k for a small unit... as usual, all sold out but empty and not occupy...  shakehead.gif
It's all about holding power.
+Quote Post
torkl
post May 4 2013, 09:45 AM

Getting Started

even if got holding power, entry for landed is high whereas for sohos/condos is lower. Entry for GnG landed nowadays at least 700k, most likely around RM1mil, but rental maybe around 2k only.

if shit happens, and if enter only recently I think landed will suffer more because quantum bigger and negative cashflow wun.
+Quote Post
AMINT
post May 4 2013, 10:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!

With shitty rentals, do u all think worth it?
+Quote Post
torkl
post May 4 2013, 10:17 AM

Getting Started

Mah Sing promoting properties in Hong Kong. Hong Kong properties few times our properties, some a lot more than 10 times. so still cheap in the long run....
+Quote Post
@Adele
post May 4 2013, 01:50 PM

Enthusiast

some ppl say 2011 burst...then others say 2012 burst...now is 2013... got ppl still empty handed...hmm...very unlikely price drop, probably stagnant...but price drop???
I would say with the same amt of money one would probably hv more choices, but definitely not a price drop gua..
+Quote Post
Chris Chew
post May 4 2013, 01:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(torkl @ May 4 2013, 09:45 AM)
even if got holding power, entry for landed is high whereas for sohos/condos is lower.  Entry for GnG landed nowadays at least 700k, most likely around RM1mil, but rental maybe around 2k only.

if shit happens, and if enter only recently I think landed will suffer more because quantum bigger and negative cashflow wun.
I think landed and highrise, both has different ball game in their respective venue ( location ) ...

Agree that landed generally fetch a lot higher cost for entry and possibility of negative cash flow after completion, while most of the highrise, might fetch lower or even zero entry and hence, any simple appreciation would produce a huge COCR compare to a landed, but, landed generally yielded much higher appreciation with greater potential.

I would say its different ball game for different type of investors with it's own plan.

+Quote Post
SpeechLess11
post May 4 2013, 04:06 PM

Casual

i think we are abit drift from topic d.

for me, after general election and IF government change, mayb property price will hike. reason because i see penang properties is in their peak after dap take over.

also, oppossition at perak had announce that if the win this time, they will give freehold title to the land.

of coz all of these example are far from selangor and kl. but with good government, i believe the price can shoot up!

personal newbie opinion, dun shoot...ty!
+Quote Post
xin
post May 4 2013, 11:04 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper

I believe property prices will not drop, either it goes stagnant to tally out the extreme hike of the previous years or it keep hiking year by year.
+Quote Post
johnlaw
post May 4 2013, 11:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(@Adele @ May 4 2013, 01:50 PM)
some ppl say 2011 burst...then others say 2012 burst...now is 2013... got ppl still empty handed...hmm...very unlikely price drop, probably stagnant...but price drop???
I would say with the same amt of money one would probably hv more choices, but definitely not a price drop gua..
Agree. I don't think prices will drop. But IMHO one thing that is likely to happen is there will be a lot of new but vacant properties.
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 31 2013, 09:47 AM

Casual

Pricing still as stubborn as ever... so, after election, everything remains status quo...
+Quote Post
AMINT
post May 31 2013, 09:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(gunners_my @ May 31 2013, 09:47 AM)
Pricing still as stubborn as ever... so, after election, everything remains status quo...
Those who said after GE price drop got something wrong with the brain. Every year open thread say price gonna drop. After 1 year ends but no price drop. next year open another thread say price gonna drop. Year also ends but still no price drop. Open another thread again. Kakakak.
+Quote Post
gunners_my
post May 31 2013, 09:54 AM

Casual

QUOTE(AMINT @ May 31 2013, 10:51 AM)
Those who said after GE price drop got something wrong with the brain. Every year open thread say price gonna drop. After 1 year ends but no price drop. next year open another thread say price gonna drop. Year also ends but still no price drop. Open another thread again. Kakakak.
nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif What to do? everyone wanna buy cheap... yet, they forgot that "the higher it goes, the higher u buy and the lower it goes, the lower u sell" works at times.. brows.gif brows.gif brows.gif
+Quote Post
ProperTYcoon
post May 31 2013, 10:07 AM

Regular

Can see after election, there's a Stag in the Market Line,

I think Q4 will increase again
+Quote Post
blowwater101
post Jun 1 2013, 12:05 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ProperTYcoon @ May 31 2013, 10:07 AM)
Can see after election, there's a Stag in the Market Line,

I think Q4 will increase again
Can u share how u see ? with facts and statistics or research is better biggrin.gif

I am finance guy only believe facts and statistics tongue.gif
+Quote Post
worgen
post Jun 1 2013, 12:55 PM

Regular

Election over already. Price still not dropping. Moderator pls close this thread.
+Quote Post
savants
post Jun 1 2013, 02:47 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(worgen @ Jun 1 2013, 12:55 PM)
Election over already. Price still not dropping. Moderator pls close this thread.
The after effect will take months... not so fast... we shall see property prices up up up then we shall decide to close the thread... drool.gif
+Quote Post
worgen
post Jun 1 2013, 03:03 PM

Regular

QUOTE(savants @ Jun 1 2013, 02:47 PM)
The after effect will take months... not so fast... we shall see property prices up up up then we shall decide to close the thread... drool.gif
Ok. Pls specify how many months grace period? How bout until 2020? Thn the moderator will close this thread.
+Quote Post
RedDevils88
post Jun 2 2013, 12:00 AM

Regular

from what i see is that the price is increasing since GE finished.
+Quote Post
accetera
post Jun 2 2013, 12:05 AM

Ambassador of Housing

can you guys believe tropicana metropark naik harga RM550 per sq ft to now about RM750 per sq ft after discount.... hohoho
+Quote Post
worgen
post Jun 2 2013, 12:09 AM

Regular

QUOTE(RedDevils88 @ Jun 2 2013, 12:00 AM)
from what i see is that the price is increasing since GE finished.
After GE, the 1st rule applied is to protect all the cronies...
+Quote Post
Chris Chew
post Jun 2 2013, 12:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(accetera @ Jun 2 2013, 12:05 AM)
can you guys believe tropicana metropark naik harga RM550 per sq ft to now about RM750 per sq ft after discount.... hohoho
I think we cannot use TM as the benchmark since it is under construction or project with dibs and easy entry of high discount. We should use those without discount and subsales as reference.

In fact, I notice some of the area, the transacted prices had been increased a lot, some stagnant but never notice any decrease or price drop.

+Quote Post
ProperTYcoon
post Jun 3 2013, 10:46 AM

Regular

QUOTE(blowwater101 @ Jun 1 2013, 12:05 PM)
Can u share how u see ? with facts and statistics or research is better  biggrin.gif

I am finance guy only believe facts and statistics  tongue.gif
Hi Finance Guy,

The latest report will be released on the 3rd quarter which you will get to see the difference.

"I don't have a report but I'm pretty sure if you're a finance guy, you'll get to know the price is currently stagnant"
+Quote Post
blowwater101
post Jun 3 2013, 11:05 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ProperTYcoon @ Jun 3 2013, 10:46 AM)
Hi Finance Guy,

The latest report will be released on the 3rd quarter which you will get to see the difference.

"I don't have a report but I'm pretty sure if you're a finance guy, you'll get to know the price is currently stagnant"
haha, it sounds like if i cant see it then I am a stupid finance guy...finance guy is not genius and not neccesary all finance guy good in investment and analysis...I willing to learn...

Please share watever link or article that make u have this conclusion, and guide me how u see thumbup.gif

and i dont even know where to get the report even if it is release...thx for advise

This post has been edited by blowwater101: Jun 3 2013, 11:06 AM
+Quote Post
RedDevils88
post Jun 3 2013, 11:47 AM

Regular

I'm no finance guy but I can see the price increasing since ge has ended almost a month now.
+Quote Post
AMINT
post Jun 3 2013, 11:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(RedDevils88 @ Jun 3 2013, 11:47 AM)
I'm no finance guy but I can see the price increasing since ge has ended almost a month now.
3 projects that I know increased price already: nadayu 92, elements@ampang, tropicana metropark. Maybe u guys can add more
+Quote Post
blowwater101
post Jun 3 2013, 12:04 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(AMINT @ Jun 3 2013, 11:49 AM)
3 projects that I know increased price already: nadayu 92, elements@ampang, tropicana metropark. Maybe u guys can add more
finnaly someone can enlighten me with samples biggrin.gif developer can increase the price anytime but can it be sell after the price increased is another issue la rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
AMINT
post Jun 3 2013, 05:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(blowwater101 @ Jun 3 2013, 12:04 PM)
finnaly someone can enlighten me with samples  biggrin.gif  developer can increase the price anytime but can it be sell after the price increased is another issue la  rclxms.gif
Nadayu increased in price but sales even higher. Same as elements. I couldnt comment on tropicana metropark coz I didnt buy there
+Quote Post
smsseah5
post Jun 3 2013, 05:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Apr 6 2012, 01:44 AM)
agree...speaking of safety investment banker always advise landed property..
they might not be expert but at least they see the picture in the mortgage sector..
value wise landed property comes in first.
+Quote Post
tikaram
post Jun 4 2013, 01:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I think recent launch by sime darby at denai alam price is cheper compare old phase...

at least we have one price drop evident and it is from top developer la. laugh.gif

lets continue see what happen to the statistic in next few weeks.
+Quote Post
petlu28
post Jun 4 2013, 01:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i can feel lelong house price increase too.

QUOTE(tikaram @ Jun 4 2013, 01:41 PM)
I think recent launch by sime darby at denai alam price is cheper compare old phase...

at least we have one price drop evident and it is from top developer la. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AMINT
post Jun 4 2013, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(tikaram @ Jun 4 2013, 01:41 PM)

Show some numbers please.
+Quote Post
xin
post Jun 4 2013, 02:02 PM

Maisonducat Storekeeper

every agent i engaged for interest of a certain new launching after GE, all also told me price adjustment and all increased. I believe there is no such thing price drop.
+Quote Post
tikaram
post Jun 4 2013, 02:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(xin @ Jun 4 2013, 03:02 PM)
every agent i engaged for interest of a certain new launching after GE, all also told me price adjustment and all increased. I believe there is no such thing price drop.
got one..

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...2&hl=denai+alam
+Quote Post
lichiebye
post Jun 5 2013, 12:47 AM

Getting Started

u get wat u pay for la. cheaper dont mean good.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1920sec    2.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:40 AM