Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What car to buy with RM 200k?, We're looking for a new car in a month.

views

stormlcc
post Mar 29 2012, 11:03 PM

I can't control my G-FORCE addiction!!!
1,953 posts

anybody thought of Ford Mondeo? If the Passat is not your cup of tea, the Mondeo is really an exceptional car. other japanese and korean marque sucks compared to it.

This post has been edited by stormlcc: Mar 29 2012, 11:03 PM
stormlcc
post Mar 29 2012, 11:23 PM

1,953 posts

QUOTE(wirefly @ Mar 29 2012, 11:20 PM)
i'd choose the passat over mondeo. has better image than a ford driver or possibility or better value. Is the passat under power? if what i've read on the net is true. which would you choose between the two? ..or which car would you choose over all?
passat underpowered? even ppl who are gila kuasa like me won't even say that. for me personally i would choose the mondeo any day, it's much more handsome than the weird looking passat, plus it's unique on malaysian roads, u won't see it often.
stormlcc
post Apr 10 2012, 04:43 PM

1,953 posts

QUOTE(wirefly @ Apr 10 2012, 04:41 PM)
yea. K5 had the best gadgets with its price.. But did you notice that the front seat ceiling is tooo lonw and the steering wheel often hits your legs and dashboard is too high too even see the road. Untill today my family and i are still undecided which car to get. sad.gif
as i've suggested before, the Ford Mondeo, have you ever test drive it yet?
stormlcc
post Apr 10 2012, 05:02 PM

1,953 posts

QUOTE(wirefly @ Apr 10 2012, 04:56 PM)
haha. Yes we have! The car was flying. One powerful car. We've already decided mondeo also because it's the biggest car in terms of height length n width compared to any other. Until my friend the car dealer said it's really difficult for him to sell ford cars, resale value bad.. Malaysians can't accept ford. He sells car like lexus, Audi, bmw.. The passat is so ridiculous to manually fold in mirrors at that price tag! So embarassing to fold it!
Korean cars also resale value bad

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Apr 10 2012, 04:58 PM)
The only thing that makes the Mondeo stand out among its competitors is its power. But the main drawback is its design. Thats the main reason why the Mondeo's sales have been very poor in Malaysia.
it's design is VERY GOOD. it's the best looking car in it's range. i don't know about u but 10 out of 10 ppl who saw one in the flesh will say the Mondeo is a really handsome car, pictures doesn't do it justice. if u don't care about resale value, it's a freaking good car to own
stormlcc
post Apr 10 2012, 05:42 PM

1,953 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Apr 10 2012, 05:15 PM)
For the extra power, would you pay RM 36K more than say an Optima? I wouldnt for sure. Not sure about the others.

Korean cars resale value will be better than the Mondeo. Resale values are demand driven. When initial sales are very poor, resale values will be equally poor.

Im not sure where u got your 10/10 ppl statistic from but from what ive heard, its the general view that the Mondeo's design has no wow factor especially the rear. How else would you explain the poor sales for the Mondeo? How many units are actually sold monthly?
no offense but i also don't know where u got your "general view", if ppl say the Mondeo has no "wow factor", what about all those toyotas and hondas which are boring to look at and boring to drive? I know ppl don't buy jap cars for their looks (mostly) but for their resale value, but if u put it aside, there really isn't anything "wow" about jap cars except their incredible boring-ness and a statement that says:" hey i'm already middle aged, have no passion for life anymore, waiting to die, that's why I buy an Altis"

anyway about resale value, u r correct but it's not because of the design, it's because of Malaysian mentality and also bad product branding effect.
stormlcc
post Apr 10 2012, 06:29 PM

1,953 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Apr 10 2012, 05:54 PM)
Well i dont support the Japs anymore. I think they are taking Malaysians for a ride and we should boycott Toyota and Honda.

As for the resale value, the Malaysian mentality stigma affects the Koreans more but how is that Korean makes are doing quite well? The Forte sales has even eclipsed the sales of the Altis. Hyundai Sonata is also doing ok (but still poor compared to other Japs & the Optima). Optima sales are picking up too. 5829 Forte's were sold in 2011 while 2928 Sonata's were sold in that same year.

Do you actually think the Mondeo is doing badly only because of poor branding? I doubt.  hmm.gif
they r not doing enough to promote the brand and boost consumer confidence, the korean brands are doing great at these 2 aspects all over the world, that's why they are taking over the market (of what the japs were controlling). so u still doubt?

most ppl who buys ford knows what great cars they are making and they really appreciates what they are spending their money on

This post has been edited by stormlcc: Apr 10 2012, 06:32 PM
stormlcc
post Apr 11 2012, 02:58 AM

1,953 posts

QUOTE(Aaron135LC @ Apr 11 2012, 12:54 AM)
my cousin got into this situation of company forcing u to get a better car for image..

he drove Altis.. but boss say ur rank so high.. get better car.. end up he got a E Class benz.. within 6 months.. his wife drove the benz.. give ppl kiss the backside.. total damage to the pocket.. 10k for the buttock.. LOL.. he also R O F L..

anyway... under 200k i'd say something german.. K5 is nice.. but the roofline of Paccat CC already turns me off.. my height is around 176cm tho.. and i feel very cramp inside d.. especially the headroom.. when ur not comfortable with it.. don go with it.. end of story.. it all depends on ur choices really.. we are here to guide u and explain to u.. but money and choices is urs truly.. =)
errr....there is something horribly wrong with your story about your friend's Benz being kissed on the backside, i'm asking this because you said "total damage to the pocket.. 10k for the buttock" and i'm assuming your friend paid for the repairs. if i misunderstood, i apologize but if i didn't then here comes a (some) question(s):

......there is something called insurance if you've never heard of it. and if your company "force you" to get a better car, isn't the company paying for the car? I'm not saying your friend (or you) are stupid, but if it's me, if company "forces me" to buy an expensive piece of show off (for the company's "image"), i would ask the company (and myself) is the company paying for everything including damages, repairs, bla bla bla, everything? if i buy it for the company's "image" and i have to pay a penny on the car, i would have rejected the generous "offer" from the company. and did i mention there is a thing called "insurance"? i won't pay 10 cents for the repairs because i (or the company) paid the insurance company to do it's job.

just curious, no offense meant.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:29 PM