Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What car to buy with RM 200k?, We're looking for a new car in a month.

views

kidmad
post Apr 3 2012, 02:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(eng98 @ Apr 3 2012, 01:06 PM)
The maintance are almost similar to my Camry... but ofcoz when u get a 2nd hand car there are things u need to change... but not really cutting ur throat.. u just need to look for a good workshop.. and with reasonable price lol... make sure u get a good condition cars..
Hi bro, maybe you could shed some light to some of us here? Im looking into old E46 as well atm. Read up on some on the maintenance part like eg: engine mounting, absorber, gearbox, bushes and so on. I'm surprise it's not like the few times expensive as claimed by someone. The only part left to worry are the electronic parts. Any idea?
kidmad
post Apr 3 2012, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(eng98 @ Apr 3 2012, 02:37 PM)
My comparison are base on a recond E60 and the current camry which still having warranty.

After we took the E60... as always... the sales person will tell u already service and everything.. after a month.. problem came up. the brake pad is finishing til the metal scraping sound appear and engine oil running low. So i went to a workshop which is service mostly conti cars. he seems knows very well i think becoz there are too much e60 around lol..

So he suggest changing engine oil to a thicker ones a semi sync, front and back brake pads (originals are from bosch) and he checked there are 2 or 3 sensor have to replace( each sensor are just 60 - 70) and the aircond fan belt which crack like are showing.. all in only around 2k with workmanship

What most important is u need to search around for good and reliable workshop where the boss knows what he is doing. The car till now are running fine (Touch wood!!)

For camry i only send to UMW service center.. so whatever things u did there will be expensive.. i remember the front brake pads are around 5xx exclude workmanship. Btw... i help my brother to collect his current gen polo from VW service center.. 1 of the spark plug miss fired and need to be replaces.. it cost me 100 to just change 1 spark plug. imagine u having major service lol

hope the information above help
bro mind sharing me the workshop location? It's for me to do scouting and go kepo. Yup bringing back to the original SC = cut throat but what to do... for the warranty. sounds reasonable but why not fully syn?
kidmad
post Apr 3 2012, 03:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

Thank you Thank you. Kota Kemuning whch part? You know the workshop name? hehe

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:51 PM