Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Lok-Lok Car Business, Should ?

Mr.Audi
post Mar 29 2012, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi Guys,I would like to ask aout lok-lok car business.Should i modified a lorry and invest it ?Business hours is free but will be 7-12AM?
How many sticks able to sell for monthly ?Whats your opinion? smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NaMyzarC
post Mar 29 2012, 05:06 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

are you going to commit yourself to the business ? or you think you just want to hire someone to do it ?
+Quote Post
Rice_Owl84
post Mar 29 2012, 05:08 PM

Getting Started

DO something different. Buy a Lamborghini and modify it. Everyone wants an excuse to stand next to a Lamborghini and so will buy your lok lok goods. You can call it The Lok-Lokghini!
+Quote Post
insearching
post Mar 29 2012, 05:23 PM

You need to compete against "Fatman Steamboat", who was a major player in the this business, especially in Selangor area.

+Quote Post
meistsh_musical
post Mar 29 2012, 06:16 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(insearching @ Mar 29 2012, 06:23 PM)
You need to compete against "Fatman Steamboat", who was a major player in the this business, especially in Selangor area.
kuantan have fatman too..

+Quote Post
edyek
post Mar 29 2012, 06:42 PM

Business Rating :

First of all, its the moving license you should be concern about.
+Quote Post
Mr.Audi
post Mar 29 2012, 07:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(edyek @ Mar 29 2012, 06:42 PM)
First of all, its the moving license you should be concern about.
Yea,Thats the point.So,I can pick a lot of places which is crowded.But then,I will be the shareholder(3 together).
1 of the shareholder will work for it.Anyway,Its a plan to earn for a bit and for experience. smile.gif
+Quote Post
edyek
post Mar 29 2012, 09:14 PM

Business Rating :

If you have the license to operate, the rest of the things is what the books says "How to beat Goliath with Davids's stone".
+Quote Post
endau02
post Mar 30 2012, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

66 with mobile beer vehicle next to it
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Beverage chef
post Apr 12 2012, 12:43 AM

See my topic http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2303125
+Quote Post
cafho_nov
post Apr 13 2012, 07:15 PM

7pm - 12am? My fren work until 3-4am from 5pm everyday.
+Quote Post
etigge
post Apr 14 2012, 05:41 AM

Getting Started

Mr. Audi,

Why don't you contact Fatman and try to work for them first. They operate more like a franchise system. They give you the lorry, the generator and the stocks. The more you sell, the more you earn. Try to gauge the risk from operating under Fatman first. They are always hiring. They will also assign where you can sell so other operators won't clash with you. If it is worthwhile, only then you get your own operation and you can even sell where you have always been selling. Things is if you are on your own, the modified van will cost you a bomb though. Then you will also have to spend another half the day sourcing foodstuffs and cleaning and preparing the sauce and skewering the foodstuffs. Plus the other half of the day selling it. Advantages of operating under Fatman outweighs doing it on your own. You just collect the stuffs and sell and those unsold return back to them.

They can still make a profit because of their volume. If each of the vans comes back and they only make say RM100 a night, it is still OK for them because there are maybe another 20 of them which makes up the volume. With volume comes cash turnover which can generate more numbers if needed. Just like a satay operator friend I have. He operates 5 stalls in coffee shops and hires kampong boys to grill and operate. He pays them and also pays the rental and even if each stall can make RM50 a night after all the expenses, he's satisfied, at times even if the staffs curi makan. He has RM250 clean profit a day which earns him RM7500 a month. This is just a conservative figure but I am sure it's more. He drives an Alphard around, if it was one stall, he won't be able to survive.

Same case here with Fatman Lok Lok! Can you survive on your own? Work for them first and try it out. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
wongmunkeong
post Apr 14 2012, 01:34 PM

If U wanna criticize / bitch, pls bring some possible solutions.
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(etigge @ Apr 14 2012, 05:41 AM)
Mr. Audi,

Why don't you contact Fatman and try to work for them first. They operate more like a franchise system. They give you the lorry, the generator and the stocks. The more you sell, the more you earn. Try to gauge the risk from operating under Fatman first. They are always hiring. They will also assign where you can sell so other operators won't clash with you. If it is worthwhile, only then you get your own operation and you can even sell where you have always been selling. Things is if you are on your own, the modified van will cost you a bomb though. Then you will also have to spend another half the day sourcing foodstuffs and cleaning and preparing the sauce and skewering the foodstuffs. Plus the other half of the day selling it. Advantages of operating under Fatman outweighs doing it on your own. You just collect the stuffs and sell and those unsold return back to them.

They can still make a profit because of their  volume. If each of the vans comes back and they only make say RM100 a night, it is still OK for them because there are maybe another 20 of them which makes up the volume. With volume comes cash turnover which can generate more numbers if needed. Just like a satay operator friend I have. He operates 5 stalls in coffee shops and hires kampong boys to grill and operate. He pays them and also pays the rental and even if each stall can make RM50 a night after all the expenses, he's satisfied, at times even if the staffs curi makan. He has RM250 clean profit a day which earns him RM7500 a month. This is just a conservative figure but I am sure it's more. He drives an Alphard around, if it was one stall, he won't be able to survive.

Same case here with Fatman Lok Lok! Can you survive on your own? Work for them first and try it out. icon_rolleyes.gif
Hey Etigge, U sure are a walking tome of current information and experience in the food industry.
Although i'm just slightly interested in the food industry (alternative options), i find your posts luring me into it (ie. logical and good grounding) heheh.
Just a simple thank you. thumbup.gif notworthy.gif
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jasmanica
post May 2 2012, 06:12 PM

Group: New Member

I completely agree, go ahead and try it out as long as everything works out. Just thinking about loklok now makes me crave for the food. By the way, does anybody by any chance know how to make the loklok spicy sauce? what is the recipe?
+Quote Post
post May 4 2012, 10:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Informative thread..

+Quote Post
yakashimaya
post May 8 2012, 02:42 AM