Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kawasaki KIPS ZX150KRR, The last of its kind.

views

ViPeR r0-0m
post Jun 13 2012, 06:41 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Damien?(: @ Jun 12 2012, 11:06 PM)
Actually.. dont really mind the performance of the pipe, its fast enough. Just  happened the exhausts sound is so orgasmic when rev-ed. And, whats your reccomendation for sprocket size for a person weighing 65kgs, and what type of chain should I use, 428H?
"dont really mind the performance of the pipe, its fast enough. Just happened the exhausts sound is so orgasmic when rev-ed"

I know what u mean, but unfortunately, there is a common understanding or discrimination towards 2 stroke riders. If a superbike is fitted with a RM 10,000 aftermarket yoshimura pipe, no police or JPJ would bother with them..... buttttttttt.......... if a 2-stroke has the same modification.... sure kantoi at every roadblock.... so.. unless ur planning to use it on the track or ur just fearless biggrin.gif.... just stick with standard pipe... it will give u an easier time....

"whats your reccomendation for sprocket size for a person weighing 65kgs"

--For ur weight 15-39 is good, can get 180km/h downhill.

"and what type of chain should I use, 428H"

428H, im not sure about that. The original chain is regular 520 without O-ring, so u need to get it adjusted a lot especially when ur doing Red Line often. 428H is much smaller chain, the sprokets will become smaller too (in actual size, the ratio will be the same as sproket for 520 chain). I guess if ur riding it only around town for medium distance (50km max) 428H chain will be sufficient. If ur riding long distances, a 520 o-ring chain is recommended. Why?

1. Durability, u can ride longer with a heavy duty chain without to adjust it often. JUST REMEMBER TO LUBE!

2. Performace, using a superbike chain (520 oring/xring/xoring etc) on the KIPS means that if the chain can handle the power of a ZX-10, the ZX-150 should be just a walk in the park, RED LINE no problem, Everyday hardcore riding no problem. U can get the max performance of the chain over its life time.

Im currently using DID Oring Gold 520, together with Original kawa sprokets cost me about RM337. BUT ITS WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY cool2.gif

beatmax
post Jun 13 2012, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

I'm not really a great fan of 2 stroke engine sounds but as a ZX150 user, I gotta say, engine really packs quite a punch and the bike is an awesome ride.
Yashiro
post Jun 13 2012, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Please remember this bike is a hot target in market and rempits.
Lock with all ur best followed by pray ur bike will be in a good shape and ride safe~
yhzell
post Jun 13 2012, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

I got a NSR 150 RR. I know how it feel when the power valve open. PReeengggggg Nggeeeennggggg. Cant go wrong with KIPS, durability and reliability is there. Parts also can get easily.

Mine HOnda NSR parts is scarce, once something is broken, have to find alternative replacement for it. But this Kawa KIPS, no problem at all for parts.
Damien?(:
post Jun 13 2012, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(ViPeR r0-0m @ Jun 13 2012, 06:41 AM)
"dont really mind the performance of the pipe, its fast enough. Just  happened the exhausts sound is so orgasmic when rev-ed"

I know what u mean, but unfortunately, there is a common understanding or discrimination towards 2 stroke riders. If a superbike is fitted with a RM 10,000 aftermarket yoshimura pipe, no police or JPJ would bother with them..... buttttttttt.......... if a 2-stroke has the same modification.... sure kantoi at every roadblock.... so.. unless ur planning to use it on the track or ur just fearless biggrin.gif.... just stick with standard pipe... it will give u an easier time....
"whats your reccomendation for sprocket size for a person weighing 65kgs"

--For ur weight 15-39 is good, can get 180km/h downhill.
"and what type of chain should I use, 428H"

428H, im not sure about that. The original chain is regular 520 without O-ring, so u need to get it adjusted a lot especially when ur doing Red Line often. 428H is much smaller chain, the sprokets will become smaller too (in actual size, the ratio will be the same as sproket for 520 chain). I guess if ur riding it only around town for medium distance (50km max) 428H chain will be sufficient. If ur riding long distances, a 520 o-ring chain is recommended. Why?

1. Durability, u can ride longer with a heavy duty chain without to adjust it often. JUST REMEMBER TO LUBE!

2. Performace, using a superbike chain (520 oring/xring/xoring etc) on the KIPS means that if the chain can handle the power of a ZX-10, the ZX-150 should be just a walk in the park, RED LINE no problem, Everyday hardcore riding no problem. U can get the max performance of the chain over its life time.

Im currently using DID Oring Gold 520, together with Original kawa sprokets cost me about RM337. BUT ITS WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY  cool2.gif
thanks for your reply bro! really great source of info there rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

and i think i wouldn't wanna be hunted down by police every roadblock, guess i'll stick to the std one, buang sarang, what do you reccomend?

and for sprockets after my top service will get it changed, for chain, i usually ride in the city, go fast only certain time. and once or twice a week i'll hit the highway, what do you reccomend? 428H ring, or 520 O-ring? and what brand? RKM, DID?

thanks again! thumbup.gif
ViPeR r0-0m
post Jun 14 2012, 07:16 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(beatmax @ Jun 13 2012, 03:36 PM)
I'm not really a great fan of 2 stroke engine sounds but as a ZX150 user, I gotta say, engine really packs quite a punch and the bike is an awesome ride.
Yup.... It can convoi with the 250 bros with no problem.... but... at the end of the day... please remember u only have about 30 bhp... so dont go hunting down any 600s superbike... hehe blush.gif

QUOTE(Yashiro @ Jun 13 2012, 04:10 PM)
Please remember this bike is a hot target in market and rempits.
Lock with all ur best followed by pray ur bike will be in a good shape and ride safe~
I absolutely agree..... well on the positive side.... second hand value will hold handsomely as well since there is high demand.....

QUOTE(yhzell @ Jun 13 2012, 04:59 PM)
I got a NSR 150 RR. I know how it feel when the power valve open. PReeengggggg Nggeeeennggggg. Cant go wrong with KIPS, durability and reliability is there. Parts also can get easily.

Mine HOnda NSR parts is scarce, once something is broken, have to find alternative replacement for it. But this Kawa KIPS, no problem at all for parts.
NSR 150 RR single swingarm...mmmmm nice..... ZX-150 is the last of the breed.... the Yamaha TZM is gone.... the Suzuki Panter is gone.... the Honda NSR is gone too..... enjoy it while it last i guess..... laugh.gif

QUOTE(Damien?(: @ Jun 13 2012, 09:57 PM)
thanks for your reply bro! really great source of info there  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif

and i think i wouldn't wanna be hunted down by police every roadblock, guess i'll stick to the std one, buang sarang, what do you reccomend?

and for sprockets after my top service will get it changed, for chain, i usually ride in the city, go fast only certain time. and once or twice a week i'll hit the highway, what do you reccomend?  428H ring, or 520 O-ring? and what brand? RKM, DID?

thanks again! thumbup.gif
I keep mine all standard : LOGIC ----> The bike has been engineered by Kawasaki Engineer to deliver both optimum performance and reliability...... Keep it stock.... it will last longer... but if u wish go to KIPS forum... a lot of sifus there.

sproket..... please look at ur budget.... find the right sproket setting and the right chain... everybody dont have the same thing in mind. find the right one for U. U cant go wrong with EK or DID....(but stock chain sucks and damn expensive laugh.gif )
beatmax
post Jun 14 2012, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

I have tried two kwsk kr150. One 2006 model which i am using now and the newer model ( which does not have light on/off control). Don't know if it has something to do with the tuning but I find the older model more responsive. If you pull the throttle on the 2006 model, u can feel the engine burning fuel efficiently. On the other model, if u max the throttle u get this sort of hollow exhaust sound but the bike does not have power until revs up to 4k rpm. Any idea?

BTW, the 2nd model im referring to is 2nd hand.
ViPeR r0-0m
post Jun 14 2012, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

hmmmmmmmmm.....not sure....coz this is my first zx-150.... previuosly was using ER-6F so dont know how to answer ur question biggrin.gif

power for low end can be found usually at 4-7K rpm.... it actually depends on your sprokets and chain setting as well..... with a top speed setting ur bound to have poor acceleration
beatmax
post Jun 14 2012, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(ViPeR r0-0m @ Jun 14 2012, 10:50 AM)
hmmmmmmmmm.....not sure....coz this is my first zx-150.... previuosly was using ER-6F so dont know how to answer ur question biggrin.gif

power for low end can be found usually at 4-7K rpm.... it actually depends on your sprokets and chain setting as well..... with a top speed setting ur bound to have poor acceleration
Curious, any chance a zx150 accel better than er-6f? lol
ViPeR r0-0m
post Jun 14 2012, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

well.........nak kawin brother..... hahahahahaha biggrin.gif

zx-150 of course could never beat er-6F..... but u will be surprised how close it can come to beating it...

twisting roads.... zx-150 is sportier.... long distance touring.... zx-150 has smaller fuel tank and sport riding = sakit pinggang... tongue.gif

er-6 is the best beginner big bike
beatmax
post Jun 14 2012, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

shall sell my bike soon and upgrade to er-6. meantime, rempitzzzzzz on my kips! brows.gif
ViPeR r0-0m
post Jun 14 2012, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

save a little more and get Z750.. la bro .... hehe
amad108
post Jun 16 2012, 10:02 AM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

QUOTE(ViPeR r0-0m @ Jun 14 2012, 11:59 AM)
well.........nak kawin brother..... hahahahahaha biggrin.gif

zx-150 of course could never beat er-6F..... but u will be surprised how close it can come to beating it...

twisting roads.... zx-150 is sportier.... long distance touring.... zx-150 has smaller fuel tank and sport riding = sakit pinggang... tongue.gif

er-6 is the best beginner big bike
agree.. long distance with KIPS kinda rough for my back.. sometimes my arm also felt numb.. sweat.gif
TSEyraYus
post Jun 25 2012, 04:48 PM

sTRe3tHunt3R
2,151 posts

zx150 sport riding? then you are not meant for sports bike biggrin.gif

I once ride a ZX10 really slow, to the point that my friend riding a Versys speed up and force me to chase him to keep up.

At least I manage what i`m trying to prove, its not necessary to ride a superbike fast simply coz we think our back hurt...with the correct riding position you can avoid that.
Mavrix
post Jul 2 2012, 11:55 PM

Regular
1,118 posts

Ehem2x!!!

May i join?! biggrin.gif
Im ride the 05' KRR150 aka ZX150 green lime color.. still ride till now and sometimes i felt my kawa is slow at some point..hahaha (a point for a bigger hp?? hehe)

Anyway, believe it or not my kips odometer has been overclocked (can i say that?) now its indicate 160K miles..! cool2.gif

Tough hah??! yes indeed coz this is the only vehicle i have..(work ride, leisures, long distance..revving?! hehe)

By now, i have changed the gearbox once from a dead ZSR superkips (destroyed the ori gears, suspect the material quality from Thai is a sh**t), jammed a cylinder block (eventually its not the original block) refitted the ori block (1878) and now due to wear n tear, the cylinder block are likely expanding causing the piston + ring not fitted nicely, making some 'kacang' sound in the block..huhu

Lot of friends ask me to sell off this bike and go for the big one.. say 600 - 750cc, but i reluctant, not worth it to sell it off, i just keep it for myslelf.. there's a lot of memories with this so called 'last 2stroke of Malaysia' haha..

Now planning on getting a 3rd gearbox (currently use are making that 'nguuuu' sound again, just stby to jamm also..damnn!!), and a newly cylinder block for my baby.. overhaul it (3rd times.. haha) and reconstruct the rusty exhaust again.. (yes its rusty but this std exhaust is well made for a top speed.. dont throw it away, if u wanted to, just give it to me instead.. hahaha) brows.gif

PS: does anyone here know where to find a cheaper part for our bike here? I mean anywhere else beside Kawa glenmarie and Sentul's..???
kaiwoon
post Jul 5 2012, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

any krr riders in ipoh?
lms2005
post Aug 6 2012, 12:38 AM

Regular
1,269 posts

looking for used kips... anyone?
G|O
post Aug 9 2012, 03:38 PM

Casual
372 posts

any recommended/reliable bike shop around puchong which still selling this baby??
SUSmelvinho
post Aug 16 2012, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

Is the KIPS cold start will come with some weird sound?
zenix
post Aug 16 2012, 11:21 PM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

when i was in f4 everyone was drooling over the kips smile.gif

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:34 AM