Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Oil & Gas Career v3, Job Oppurtunities & Technical Sharing

views

CANONPIXMA
post Aug 26 2012, 09:50 PM

Enthusiast
710 posts

QUOTE(plplpl @ Aug 26 2012, 09:31 PM)
mudlogging pay is no good...unless you are planning to use it as a stepping stone...however mudlogging gives you a chance to learn all the rig operations.
So, in your opinion, its better for me to work as mudlogger to gain experience or study my master degree in geophysics? With mudlogging experience, is it easy for me to jump into other department? I dont want to stuck in mudlogging for the rest of my life haha!
plplpl
post Aug 27 2012, 05:56 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(CANONPIXMA @ Aug 26 2012, 09:50 PM)
So, in your opinion, its better for me to work as mudlogger to gain experience or study my master degree in geophysics? With mudlogging experience, is it easy for me to jump into other department? I dont want to stuck in mudlogging for the rest of my life haha!
I really cant answer you that, it really depends on your capability. I think some people become wellsite geologist after mudlogging.

If masters in geophysics will give you better opportunity later on then better do your masters first. At least this is the safer way unless you need money right now.

You can always join Geoservices again after your masters.
patienceGNR
post Aug 27 2012, 12:18 PM

♥ Ride All Day ♥
2,022 posts

Hi guys. I (not the owner of this account) have just finished Form 5 last year, am planning to go into the Oil&Gas line. But I have no clues. I need info, just basic : Where do I start?
conqu3ror
post Aug 27 2012, 12:56 PM

On my way
636 posts

QUOTE(patienceGNR @ Aug 27 2012, 12:18 PM)
Hi guys. I (not the owner of this account) have just finished Form 5 last year, am planning to go into the Oil&Gas line. But I have no clues. I need info, just basic : Where do I start?
O&G just like normal company, they also need tea lady & cleaner. tongue.gif

I work in O&G company, nothing special in the organisation, just it make more money then most other industry.

It really depends which department you like to join, IT, HR, A/C, Admin, Sales, fleet, Engineer & etc.

The one earn huge salary which are person who risk their life to go off-shore doing drilling & chemical engineering, also don't forget they need chef & cleaner also blush.gif

One thing for sure, study hard & work hard, nothing is free.

This post has been edited by conqu3ror: Aug 27 2012, 12:59 PM
tekkamen
post Aug 27 2012, 02:44 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(JohnDoe93 @ Aug 26 2012, 08:54 PM)
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, but since this is where I can find the best people to answer me...

So I've got this interview for admission at UTP coming up, and I've applied to do Petroleum Engineering. Obviously at some point they'll ask me why I want to do Petroleum Engineering and all I've got so far is the following:

- I want to be part of something big (energy industry)
- Great job prospects
- Attracted to the idea of extensive travelling
blush.gif

Do you have anything I could add to that? I was planning to say that I've read the opinions of people in the industry (by that I mean this thread and others on Lowyat, but they don't need to know that) as part of my research. Also I'm gonna say UTP grads are in greater demand in the industry (is that true?) and that's why I'm keen on enrolling there. What are your thoughts?  smile.gif
u applying for bachelor or master degree there?
freak5261
post Aug 27 2012, 03:46 PM

28 posts

Anyone knows the future in wireline field? Been working for almost a year now. Not complainig or anything just curious. Currently a jr tech.

This post has been edited by freak5261: Aug 27 2012, 03:47 PM
evil educator
post Aug 27 2012, 04:06 PM

3 posts

Hi,

i have been offered a job as security executive based on contract (2+1) years by murphy sarawak oil. is it worth taking the job, as im already in a permanent position attached with a GLC company. The pay they are offering is very good compared to what im earning now and i have always wanted to join the ONG industry (everybody does !), but is it worth a try for the contract position ? And what kind of security experience/ jobs does ONG normally require? Pls advise as im very new to the ONG industry..

SUSJohnDoe93
post Aug 27 2012, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(tekkamen @ Aug 27 2012, 02:44 PM)
u applying for bachelor or master degree there?
Bachelor. biggrin.gif
engrfeez
post Aug 27 2012, 04:44 PM

Ironman
316 posts

Leighton offshore..how much the salary should be? with 6 yrs experience as quality engineer
LilyPad
post Aug 27 2012, 05:15 PM

17 posts

Can sum1 clarify if my understanding of FPSO is right, my understanding in a nutshell is that FPSO is kinda like a refinery located offshore..is this quite accurate or far off assumptions?

if i got an offer to work with petronas refinery, can i target to join company that provide FPSO in the future?

thanks
engrfeez
post Aug 27 2012, 06:24 PM

Ironman
316 posts

I have experience in floating platform such as FPSO, FSO and FPS, and now we are looking new concept for TLP for Malikai next year.. If you're in refinery normally in downstream whereby all offshore will be upstream. there are different entity
TScarloz28
post Aug 27 2012, 07:01 PM

Sons of Anarchy
444 posts

Thank you fellas! Please proceed to v4

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2485295

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:56 PM