Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Repraps and DIY 3D Printing!, Open source hardware~

views

yougay
post May 6 2012, 11:47 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(OoiTY @ Mar 26 2012, 09:58 PM)
Hey guys, sorry for not posting for a while.

I was trying to look for sources for Aluminium extrusions as well as leadscrews locally, without much success. Mitsumi Malaysia requires you to be a registered company to purchase from them, while another company that I asked quotes from was too pricey.

Tl;dr, I got everything overseas.
I  promised I'd give you a list of shops and a breakdown of the prices and here they are;
Electronics; I got a Sanguinololu (with the FDTI pre-soldered) as well as a set of 4x Pololus from Emakershop - About USD$106.5

NEMA 17 Motors; Got a lot of 10 motors from China, which is perfect for two machines. Ebay link - USD$103.88

Hotend; J-Head MK IV, Lots of good reviews, and it looks pretty good! Got it here. - USD$54.99

Hardware; Aluminium extrusions, leadscrews and precision rods. Got these from mendelmax's store, it's hard to beat his price, even when you include shipping into the number. Mendelmax Store. - $325

Additional vitamins; One important vitamin that was out of stock from Mendelmax's store was the GT2 belt; I asked the site owner about this and he just can't keep it in stock; he had to take it down from the website because he was backordered too far. I put in an order for a length over here instead; Techpaladin's store. - $8

More vitamins; I also got a bunch of 608zz and linear bearings, as well as fans off ebay. Costed me about $60

Printed parts; I didn't have enough time to print all of the parts, so I found someone off the Reprap IRC channel to help me print out the rest  -$45
Keep in mind, that the prices I listed above don't include shipping. Also, I'm buying parts to build two printers at once. With that in mind, the total cost for everything, with shipping included is USD$1123.24, which makes one printer $561.62. Pretty close to my estimated budget. smile.gif

Edit - I just realised, I ordered an extra leadscrew and other parts, which I included in that final price, so if we're talking strictly about these printers that I'm building here, it's slightly less than the total I listed by about $40-50 for both.
I've already received the electronics, I'll be taking pictures and posting a worklog of soldering the components and assembling the printer here soon!
kinda pricy

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0642sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:22 AM