Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Tube/ Tube amp / Hybrid amp club, We roll in tubes man~

views

Rotary7
post Nov 21 2015, 02:15 AM

41 posts

guys...

where do you all buy all these preamp tubes and power tubes?
do you change them by yourselves or send them to technicians?
And... Are they expensive?

mine doesn't need replacement yet... but I'm just looking at the sources on replacement in future...

This post has been edited by Rotary7: Nov 21 2015, 02:50 AM
Rotary7
post Nov 21 2015, 07:52 AM

41 posts

Preamp tube 12AX7
Power tube EL84
Rotary7
post Nov 21 2015, 12:10 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(sonerin @ Nov 21 2015, 10:30 AM)
You can try some of the shops in amcorp mall
Ok thanks happy.gif
Rotary7
post Nov 22 2015, 12:34 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Nov 21 2015, 02:57 PM)
My experience is easier sourcing all sorts of choice and buying from Ebay or reputed USA based online tube shops. Of course with our declining currency, its more expensive now and as usual, hifi hobby isn't cheap...sorry about that.
For me I prefer buying online on a need to basis. Lastly do not wholly believe that some highly praised tube will perform the same in your amp. A given tube installed in different stages or wired up with different operating circuitry will yield different performance again, although if you may be lucky it may exhibit a few characteristics of whats been expressed by others who have used it. This is why many tube amp owners roll on with numerous makes of tubes to synergise with the rest of their gear and they personal audio quality desire.
I was thinking of DIY on tube replacement too... despite the fact that sources for tube purchase is quite scarce here... and yea, I was looking at eBay for a great number of choices... but it was just a few minutes ago (now that I'm writing this) that I am deterred to DIY on tube replacement solely for one reason... I don't understand how to bias the power tube... I've read some step-by-step tutorial... but... it's beyond me... can't do it... it's best that I save more money to send it to a qualified technician... didn't know it entails so much hassle to play tube amps... >_<

it's time to look for places to do biasing... O_o
anyway... thanks for the input... happy.gif

This post has been edited by Rotary7: Nov 22 2015, 01:44 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0253sec    0.10    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:19 AM