This post has been edited by frequency: Jun 13 2018, 01:09 PM
yuenhai
post Jul 11 2018, 12:39 AM

Group: Junior Member

Hey everyone

I am currently contemplating getting a V8 Automatic

But reading this thread has seriously given me doubts

Seems like the quality of Tissot watches isn't really there

I've read of previous posters talking about buckle problem la, strap wearing out la, pin went missing la, second hand won't move la, etc even just after a few years of use

I was under the impression that a Tissot is like the Toyotas of branded watches, far from luxurious, but dependable enough

However, reading some other users' experience here, it is now sounding more like a Proton of branded watches, with nagging problems with the build quality popping up here and there

I know a V8 automatic isn't exactly high end, but I was hoping it would last 5 or 6 years or more without problem, but it seems like once the 2 year warranty is up that's pretty much it

Does anyone who owns a V8 want to share any feedback on this model or just Tissot watches in general

Thanks
Drivingmoc118
post Jul 11 2018, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(yuenhai @ Jul 11 2018, 12:39 AM)
Hey everyone

I am currently contemplating getting a V8 Automatic

But reading this thread has seriously given me doubts

Seems like the quality of Tissot watches isn't really there

I've read of previous posters talking about buckle problem la, strap wearing out la, pin went missing la, second hand won't move la, etc even just after a few years of use

I was under the impression that a Tissot is like the Toyotas of branded watches, far from luxurious, but dependable enough

However, reading some other users' experience here, it is now sounding more like a Proton of branded watches, with nagging problems with the build quality popping up here and there

I know a V8 automatic isn't exactly high end, but I was hoping it would last 5 or 6 years or more without problem, but it seems like once the 2 year warranty is up that's pretty much it

Does anyone who owns a V8 want to share any feedback on this model or just Tissot watches in general

Thanks
Have a few Tissot quartz as beaters. Have one for close to 10 years now. In that time only serviced once. Battery replacement every 2-3 years. It’s on a metal bracelet. Still ok. Chronograph still working perfectly. Any strap will wear out eventually, some will also smell due to sweat. 2 years for a strap worn everyday is good. You can always get aftermarket straps with leather on top and rubber on the bottom (see Hirsch straps). If you like the watch, just get it. It’s a good bang for buck. The next step up would probably be Longines with is easily double the price.

tadashi987
post Jul 13 2018, 04:13 PM

Group: Newbie

any tissot model around 1k recommend? planning to get my first tissot

56 Pages « < 54 55 56Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0539sec    5.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 09:33 PM