Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Raytech Tint passing JPJ inspection?

L7Awesome
post Feb 21 2012, 10:46 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hi folks,
I just want to query if Raytech Security tint 70% Windscreen and back, 50% side will pass the JPJ Inspection test? I need to transfer the car to my wife. Hopefully it will pass as I spend about 1k+ on the tint few years back. Anyone experience with this before?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wordtalks
post Feb 21 2012, 10:50 PM

ɾıɥƃɟǝpɔqɐด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็
Group: Senior Member

Here it is, dont need to translate:
Kaedah 5 (1) dan Kaedah 5 (3),Kaedah-Kaedah Kenderaan Motor (Larangan Mengenai Jenis-Jenis Kaca Tertentu) Pindaan 2000, menetapkan cermin cermin depan hendaklah telus cahaya tidak kurang 70%, manakala cermin belakang dan tepi hendaklah telus cahaya tidak kurang dari 50%.
+Quote Post
BuFung
post Feb 21 2012, 10:50 PM

If the tint film itself r really 70%... It is almost confirm u can't pass the test... Reason is ur windscreen itself also hav some %...
+Quote Post
ricstc
post Feb 21 2012, 10:53 PM

Irregular

But look at the cars on the road nowadays - you can hardly see the driver - not even the silhouette! No one is afraid or even considering JPJ - dont worry about it.
+Quote Post
-cmi-
post Feb 21 2012, 10:58 PM

QUOTE(ricstc @ Feb 21 2012, 10:53 PM)
But look at the cars on the road nowadays - you can hardly see the driver - not even the silhouette! No one is afraid or even considering JPJ - dont worry about it.
I would say take it with your own risk. Just don't whining when people get saman because of that.
+Quote Post
psycho1
post Feb 21 2012, 11:22 PM

QUOTE(ricstc @ Feb 21 2012, 10:53 PM)
i think ts problem is the new law insist any name transferring require puspakom approval... icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
angrysnail
post Feb 21 2012, 11:40 PM

SuperStars

law now very strict when come to puspakom inspection..my customer car eventhough using v-kool also need to tear off..they actually not approve any tinted apply on the car during inspection..
+Quote Post
BuFung
post Feb 21 2012, 11:45 PM

QUOTE(angrysnail @ Feb 21 2012, 11:40 PM)
law now very strict when come to puspakom inspection..my customer car eventhough using v-kool also need to tear off..they actually not approve any tinted apply on the car during inspection..
Yes... As far as I know... As long as u go JPN inspection, 95% chance ur tint r bye bye...

Their detector really detecting 70%... some car windscreen itself already block 30%... any tint u put on mean out!
+Quote Post
widget
post Feb 22 2012, 12:12 AM

Casual

Just koyak the tint before you go for Puspakom inspection....
Else, you need to pay another RM50 and come back again later after you koyak your tint as you've already failed the earlier test.

I kena before although the tint is supposed to be JPJ-compliant....
The windscreen already have some tint on it and the Puspakom meter is very ngiau one....

+Quote Post
imperialrealcs
post Feb 22 2012, 01:11 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!

QUOTE(BuFung @ Feb 21 2012, 11:45 PM)
Yes... As far as I know...  As long as u go JPN inspection, 95% chance ur tint r bye bye... 

Their detector really detecting 70%... some car windscreen itself already block 30%... any tint u put on mean out!
my 2 cars was in the 5% then. never had problem with tint but mine was claim to be jpj compliant before purchase
+Quote Post
L7Awesome
post Feb 22 2012, 01:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Feb 22 2012, 01:11 AM)
my 2 cars was in the 5% then. never had problem with tint but mine was claim to be jpj compliant before purchase
So in the end, did your car manage to pass the inspection test.

Seems like it will not pass the puspakom test I guess. So it's really Puspakom that is strict and not JPJ in this instance eh.
+Quote Post
angrysnail
post Feb 22 2012, 11:40 PM

SuperStars

QUOTE(L7Awesome @ Feb 22 2012, 01:09 PM)
So in the end, did your car manage to pass the inspection test.

Seems like it will not pass the puspakom test I guess.  So it's really Puspakom that is strict and not JPJ in this instance eh.
agreed,last time done my inspection with JPJ,not PUSPAKOM..they never care about my car lowered,big front bumper and tinted(not dark but still applied)..
they just care about chassis number,engine number,all working exterior/signaling light..that from my passed experience when i got trouble renew my license when my loud exhaust **** me up...
for tinted,even ur tint is +3%~ from the spec,u still will be serve like ur tint is 90% or 80%,same procedure..some ppl have this kind of thinking,so what different?just luck..
+Quote Post
Irishcoffee
post Feb 23 2012, 12:35 AM

ilX / Espressivo

my raytech kena lar
detect kena 61% front screen , almost kena tear , luckily i kasih tolong tolong
+Quote Post
L7Awesome
post Feb 23 2012, 10:44 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Irishcoffee @ Feb 23 2012, 12:35 AM)
my raytech kena lar
detect kena 61% front screen , almost kena tear , luckily i kasih tolong tolong
I guess "kasih tolong tolong" is the theme of the day when it comes to Puspakom eh.
+Quote Post
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 23 2013, 01:05 AM

Guys, i just sharing some information about JPJ issue. I think most of you know about the technical data that
VLT for front windscreen must above 70% and the rest of windows must about 50%.

Infact, every tinting company in Malaysia must responsible for the JPJ and police summon issue. None of the tinting shop dare to say they are not guarantee for that, otherwise nobody will tint over there.

Although your window film is compliant with JPJ rules and regulations, the officer who might stop your car as they can not determine that your film is pass or not pass, because they normally not carry the VLT meter device with them. But no worry, only very dark film will be suspected and stopped by them. If one day, you are very unlucky stopped by the officer, they will normally give you a "Surat Pemeriksaan JPJ".

After receiving this letter, you are very unlucky for spending half a day to do inspection of your window film in JPJ. If your film is tested "Pass" you can then drive your car away. See, very troublesome. If your window film tested "Fail", you need to remove the film, and come for second inspection again. See, LAGI troublesome. icon_question.gif

In Malaysia, we must respect our police and JPJ officer. Give your best cooperation and manners to them when they doing "Operasi". The nice guy will always get away from unnecessary trouble. (Although your window film is clear and compliant with JPJ.) Be smart. Show respect and you will gain respect. thumbup.gif

Anything related to JPJ issue can call Raytech Customer Careline : 1800-88-3339
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0642sec    2.73    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:10 AM