Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Setting for Wifi Router ASTRO BYOND IPTV, want to change setting of the router

tantalus
post Feb 13 2012, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Sorry i make a new topic here since there are already topic for ASTRO BYOND. But there have been no answer there

So this is my original post:

I'm using beyond IPTV with internet fibre optic from TIME.

Does anyone know the setting for the router (linksys E1000)? because i want to change the name of the wifi and also the password. But when i want to connect to the setting using http://192.168.1.1 they ask for username and password, and i dont know that one (contractor from time set it up and i forgot to ask him)

Is it ok for me to change the name of the wifi and password ( i can just reset the wifi router using the button provided). But i'm afraid that there are setting that are TIME provider specific. Because i have tried connecting using the LAN cable from the GPON terminal to the wifi router, but there is no internet connection (I'm guessing they have some setup in the wifi router)

So anyone know that setting for the wifi router?

ps: i know the username and password from time broadband
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sonerin
post Feb 13 2012, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Why not contact your provider to ask for help
+Quote Post
tantalus
post Feb 13 2012, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

nah, I'm gonna do that as last resort.. astro's service sucks.. it took me like 1 and a half month after registration to installation (2 weeks promise)..

btw i solved it already. it is the wifi router default password. i found it after i googled it. it is "admin" for the password for whoever have the same problem. and leave the username blank
+Quote Post
youngchu
post Feb 14 2012, 10:18 PM

Group: New Member

They have a 24/7 hotline for iptv. 0395431543
+Quote Post
Erixc00
post Mar 24 2012, 11:53 AM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(tantalus @ Feb 13 2012, 11:18 AM)
Sorry i make a new topic here since there are already topic for ASTRO BYOND. But there have been no answer there

So this is my original post:

I'm using beyond IPTV with internet fibre optic from TIME.

Does anyone know the setting for the router (linksys E1000)? because i want to change the name of the wifi and also the password. But when i want to connect to the setting using http://192.168.1.1 they ask for username and password, and i dont know that one (contractor from time set it up and i forgot to ask him)

Is it ok for me to change the name of the wifi and password ( i can just reset the wifi router using the button provided). But i'm afraid that there are setting that are TIME provider specific. Because i have tried connecting using the LAN cable from the GPON terminal to the wifi router, but there is no internet connection (I'm guessing they have some setup in the wifi router)

So anyone know that setting for the wifi router?
ps: i know the username and password from time broadband
For the E1000 Time told me it is:
Username: Blank
Password: admin or time123

For me time123 worked. Admin is the router default from Cisco. By the way if these don't work don't bother with Astro support they just want to send you to cisco who cannot tell you anything. Contact Time tech support directly.
+Quote Post
Superkian
post Jun 10 2012, 05:09 PM

SooYoong
Group: Senior Member

mind to ask is astro byong hd and iptv decoder are the same device?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0460sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:02 AM