Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Economics PHD or DBA, Course Fees for private Uni in Malaysia

views

cutiepooh
post Jun 26 2012, 10:06 AM

Casual
446 posts

Which one is more better in both working and for the future ,if there is a chance to join and lecture in the Uni/College?
cutiepooh
post Jun 27 2012, 10:51 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Jun 26 2012, 09:40 PM)
If you plan to join the academia, PhD is the better option.

Recently, my institution received a government Form from MOHE for the Dean to fill up the particulars of all of the staff. In one of the questions in the form, the Dean was required to fill in the number of academic staff with PhD qualification. Furthermore, it specifically stated down that those with DBA or coursework doctoral qualifications are not counted. Only those with research based doctoral degrees/PhD are to be included.

I can't remember what's that Form for. I guess it's just some KPI forms for the institution to be sent to MOHE.
Thanks for your helpful info wink.gif am also aware that there are limited Uni/College to offer PhD course. I plan to take PhD for better secure purpose, if there is one day I no longer working at my retirement age and it could be my interest for lecturing in Uni smile.gif
cutiepooh
post Jun 27 2012, 02:04 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Jun 27 2012, 01:14 PM)
I don't think it is limited. All public universities in Malaysia offer PhDs.
Ya I knew Local Uni offers PhD. I prefer more choices and do look for some private Uni laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:40 AM