Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> This "jericho1594" guy really got me...

nisbahmumtaz
post Feb 7 2012, 07:52 PM, updated 12y ago

9 posts

Here's the original thread. Note that it's been a month since...
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2172132

His username is, well; jericho1594

He offered me his used IDE PS2 network adapter for RM100.

After much discussion with him on 1st Jan, I immediately deposited RM90 into his back account the next day, which is on 2nd Jan.
Right then, I sent him a text message, saying something along the lines of "Here's your RM90. I hope you got it."
He never replied.

Not wanting to suspect him of anything, I exchanged friendly but hinting messages to him. Not getting him at all, I decided to message him on Lowyat.
Again, I put on a congenial yet firm tone to my message, and sent it to him on 6th Jan.
Yeah, he replied, but just saying things like "Oh i see! Okay :-) yeah happy new year too!".

I stayed patient for a while. It's not like I am out of money or anything.
After I nudged him again on Jan 10th, he finally replied at Jan 12th, asking me for my address. and an extra RM10.
I'll admit, I felt pretty stupid then for not realizing that I haven't gave him my postal address. He also wanted the RM10 for postage fee. Okay.
So I gave him my address, and tumpang my brother for the nearest bank to deposit the RM10. I did all that on 14th Jan.
And again, I sent him a reminder, to enlighten him of the fact that I've given the cash.

I messaged him on 14th, 16th, 19th, and 20th of Jan just to nab his attention. I'm fully aware that he's been online throughout the given dates.
However, the PS2 network adapter was all I could think of at the moment, so I'm sort of an idiot for not realizing that he's actually dodging my messages.
Finally, on 20th Jan, he messaged me that he was busy with CNY.
That's when my fuse blew. Is it really THAT much of a hassle to simply post something???
Not being logical at that moment, I decided to give him grace time up to February.
And so, I continued to bug him about my item on 29th Jan, 31st Jan, and 1st Feb.

Just before all hope was lost, he replied to me on 1st Feb, claiming that he sent the item a week ago(in this case, around 25-26th Jan or so.)
Luckily, I'm not that blind about business matters, and asked why didn't he give me a tracking number.
Until this day, I've never heard another reply from him.
Pretty long post, for such a small matter. So, jericho1594, if you still want your bank number safe from the eyes of millions of Lowyat users, please, let's solve this. Like gentlemen. We can even be friends again after this. So, what do you say?
ramblie
post Feb 7 2012, 08:20 PM

Learning Forever !!!
952 posts

Oh my God!! doh.gif !! S*it happen!! What the account number/full name of this kid?
nisbahmumtaz
post Feb 7 2012, 10:14 PM

9 posts

Added on February 7, 2012, 10:25 pm
QUOTE(ramblie @ Feb 7 2012, 08:20 PM)
Oh my God!! doh.gif !! S*it happen!! What the account number/full name of this kid?
I'm really not one to pin blames.
But hey, I'll tell you one thing.
I don't know his full name.

I do have his bank account number (his Maybank, specifically) and his phone number.
I really wouldn't want to resort to this, though. It hurts me more than it would hurt him...
Let's see if Syawal is sensible enough to respond to this before it is too late.

If not, I'll deliver all the needed information about him the next day, which is 2 hours from now.

UPDATE: He's contacted me about the tracking number. He's about to give me now.

Added on February 18, 2012, 6:52 pmI gave him a second chance and this is how he treats me?
He told me that he doesn't know which is the tracking number, so he planned to take a picture of whatever he received and send the picture to me.
It's been a WEEK, and I still didn't get anything of the sort.

Then, he told me that if I didn't receive it this week, he would give me a refund.
After wasting over a month of my time? No.
As much as I have suffered, I really wanted this PS2 adapter.
I'm not going to give up after struggling for over a month.
So, why, jericho1594?

This post has been edited by nisbahmumtaz: Feb 18 2012, 06:52 PM
cedyy
post Feb 18 2012, 06:58 PM

Regular
1,351 posts

QUOTE(nisbahmumtaz @ Feb 7 2012, 10:14 PM)

Added on February 7, 2012, 10:25 pm

I'm really not one to pin blames.
But hey, I'll tell you one thing.
I don't know his full name.

I do have his bank account number (his Maybank, specifically) and his phone number.
I really wouldn't want to resort to this, though. It hurts me more than it would hurt him...
Let's see if Syawal is sensible enough to respond to this before it is too late.

If not, I'll deliver all the needed information about him the next day, which is 2 hours from now.

UPDATE: He's contacted me about the tracking number. He's about to give me now.

Added on February 18, 2012, 6:52 pmI gave him a second chance and this is how he treats me?
He told me that he doesn't know which is the tracking number, so he planned to take a picture of whatever he received and send the picture to me.
It's been a WEEK, and I still didn't get anything of the sort.

Then, he told me that if I didn't receive it this week, he would give me a refund.
After wasting over a month of my time? No.
As much as I have suffered, I really wanted this PS2 adapter.
I'm not going to give up after struggling for over a month.
So, why, jericho1594?
this jericho1594 sounds like a con man based on what you've said. give him a deadline otherwise report him. he's just trying to delay and make excuses

This post has been edited by cedyy: Feb 18 2012, 06:59 PM
tech_frix
post Feb 18 2012, 08:45 PM

Boo Yah!
5,656 posts

from his thread, he's in setiawangsa..
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2180920&hl=
Dacoldz
post Feb 18 2012, 10:04 PM

Task-Force
961 posts

Make a police repot lah..its komersial crime kes..i know coz im police.hehehe...trace his account num....
happy_shopper
post Feb 19 2012, 12:19 PM

7 posts

This jerico guy is funny (nt a con case but he is really funny enuf to make me laugh) V had a deal abt ps2, like normal v chatted on d fon, he seemed to b playful wif funny voice (i tot he was trying to b friendly). So first he said wil drive to my place, then waited 2 hrs stil no news, called back and he Told me his car broke down n wil come d next day. Then next day oso when i sms him again he replied he was on lrt coming to my shop. The funny thing is he never reached my shop, perhaps lrt broke down... (nv reply after tat)

This post has been edited by happy_shopper: Feb 19 2012, 12:20 PM
bluduel
post Feb 19 2012, 12:30 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Dacoldz @ Feb 18 2012, 10:04 PM)
Make a police repot lah..its komersial crime kes..i know coz im police.hehehe...trace his account num....
can u catch him if he lodge rreport? rclxms.gif
nisbahmumtaz
post Feb 19 2012, 12:58 PM

9 posts

He's been ignoring me for quite a while, now.
I even contacted ApisLuaLua to try and get a hold of him.

But seriously, if he's trying to scam me, he wouldn't be so incompetent and leave me with his contact number, bank account, and full name, right?
Apis_LuaLua
post Feb 21 2012, 05:23 PM

@ Top Club in Inguland @
Group Icon
Staff
4,465 posts

Just cannot stand ppl holding other ppl money but still act like nothing happen and still can open new thread for sale.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2228969&hl=

This is suspect scammer pic.

user posted image

FB wall page

user posted image

Details will be update in the blacklist.
miewan92
post Feb 21 2012, 05:40 PM

Casual
316 posts

QUOTE(Apis_LuaLua @ Feb 21 2012, 05:23 PM)
Just cannot stand ppl holding other ppl money but still act like nothing happen and still can open new thread for sale.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2228969&hl=

This is suspect scammer pic.

user posted image

FB wall page

user posted image

Details will be update in the blacklist.
his face shocking.gif ..must..not..laugh.. laugh.gif laugh.gif i think he ain't scared of anything sweat.gif better make police report or contact their parents to solve this smile.gif

his phone num : 012-9734351

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2113706/all

he also join LYN F&F thread also

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...post&p=49102967
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...post&p=49102967

This post has been edited by miewan92: Feb 21 2012, 05:47 PM
nisbahmumtaz
post Feb 21 2012, 07:27 PM

9 posts

I honestly can't place much worth on money itself.
I was selfishly spending it on leisure when I could have used for something much more useful.
It is a test I'm willing to stand by.
If all I can do is warn others about his ways, then so be it.
Thanks. Hope I've helped some of you as well in the near future.
sioe
post Feb 21 2012, 09:31 PM

~Brainnnnnnnnzzz~
619 posts

There must be some way to catch n make ppl like this pay. It's their actual existence in our forum thats tarnishing our accountability and value of lowyat.net.

Waste ppl's time,
Waste ppl's money,
& Act like nothing happened.

Do these ppl pop out from holes in the ground? How else to explain the lack of guidance and integrity from their parents.

I spit on yer... *phaa tuiiiii*
Paisy
post Feb 21 2012, 09:52 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(sioe @ Feb 21 2012, 09:31 PM)
There must be some way to catch n make ppl like this pay. It's their actual existence in our forum thats tarnishing our accountability and value of lowyat.net.

Waste ppl's time,
Waste ppl's money,
& Act like nothing happened.

Do these ppl pop out from holes in the ground? How else to explain the lack of guidance and integrity from their parents.

I spit on yer... *phaa tuiiiii*
he used haram money he tanggung, darah daging dia memang fail thumbup.gif
nisbahmumtaz
post Feb 22 2012, 09:33 PM

9 posts

Well, have fun.

Maybank acc. number:

His phone number:
+60129734351
zamanjaafar
post Feb 22 2012, 11:42 PM

NOT DUPIN' SINCE '03
1,122 posts

sounds like a scam, just make a report
nisbahmumtaz
post Feb 23 2012, 04:20 AM

9 posts

Well...okay.
How do I go about doing this?

I always try to stay away from these kind of issues, but I guess that resulted in me being quite clueless regarding this whole 'crime' business.
Besides, I don't know where he lives.
imranzero
post Feb 23 2012, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(nisbahmumtaz @ Feb 23 2012, 04:20 AM)
Well...okay.
How do I go about doing this?

I always try to stay away from these kind of issues, but I guess that resulted in me being quite clueless regarding this whole 'crime' business.
Besides, I don't know where he lives.
just lodge a police report with all the details of transaction.scan that report, send to his email( if u got)..he looks like a student.dig out where he study at..fotocopy 1 report, give to his college admin(kalau student la).well gud luck hunting.

Added on February 23, 2012, 5:23 pmsee post 7048

"Blackberry Bold 9000 - 0129734351"

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/19575/+7037

this guy succesfuly deal with this punkass..pm him regarding that seller.kot2 ada info.

This post has been edited by imranzero: Feb 23 2012, 05:23 PM
nisbahmumtaz
post Feb 24 2012, 04:25 PM

9 posts

It just sounds like so much work...
The least I could do is prevent him from scamming anyone anymore by getting him in the blacklist.

Besides, all he had to do was apologize. I don't need a refund. I need a sincere message.
Instead, he decided to completely ignore me after I messaged him that I don't want the refund.
He's in Form 5 this year. I thought he had 'manned up' around this time of age.
Or at least acquire some manners.
ArticFir3
post Feb 24 2012, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

Not to flame here, but your attitude encourages him to scam more in the future. He will think that he didn't get caught and it's easy money. Then he'll do it again. Better to teach him a lesson while he's still Form 5, rather than much later when he can't return anymore.......

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0212sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:43 AM