Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to check / pay police summon?, For speeding and parking fine

ballsofsteel
post Feb 4 2012, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

So today I got a parking summon and was wondering how to pay it. Checked Myeg and rilek and came back with no results which was fair enough as I got the ticket this morning

But then I smsed 32728 and typed Polis saman (vehicle no) and it said i had a speeding fine recorded in January which cost rm200 however I can't see it online and have not received it in the mail . So what should I do ?

Also what's the easiest way to pay for the parking fine I committed today ?

Ps I live in KL

Thanks

This post has been edited by ballsofsteel: Feb 4 2012, 06:35 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BobThe Builder
post Feb 4 2012, 06:30 PM

That parking summon you got from Polis or DBKL?

/justcurious
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ballsofsteel
post Feb 4 2012, 06:32 PM

Getting Started

PDRM
+Quote Post
BobThe Builder
post Feb 4 2012, 06:39 PM

QUOTE(ballsofsteel @ Feb 4 2012, 06:32 PM)
PDRM
I see.

To pay PDRM summons directly, you can go to Balai Polis Trafik Jalan Bandar. There's also a payment counter at The Curve, but I seldom see anyone manning the counter. There's also one Balai Polis Trafik at Kota Damansara.

Which area in KL are you?
+Quote Post
ballsofsteel
post Feb 4 2012, 06:43 PM

Getting Started

In KL like right next to klcc renting a place for holiday. Umm can someone go to the counter and pay on my behalf ? Do I just need the ticket/docket ?

Thanks

Added on February 4, 2012, 6:46 pmOh yeah what about the speeding fine . Any ideas? I committed the infringement in Johor whilst driving back from singapore . Btw this is my brothers car

This post has been edited by ballsofsteel: Feb 4 2012, 06:46 PM
+Quote Post
BobThe Builder
post Feb 4 2012, 06:54 PM

Yes, other people can pay on your behalf, with ticket better. Can pay without the ticket also.

I read somewhere that you can pay saman at Pejabat Pos also. There's a Pejabat Pos at KLCC. I suggest you enquire there first since its near to your location.

EDIT : Pejabat Pos KLCC Tel No : 0321618069 (got this from their website)

This post has been edited by BobThe Builder: Feb 4 2012, 06:57 PM
+Quote Post
dkk
post Feb 5 2012, 06:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(ballsofsteel @ Feb 4 2012, 06:29 PM)
So today I got a parking summon and was wondering how to pay it. Checked Myeg and rilek and came back with no results which was fair enough as I got the ticket this morning
But then I smsed 32728 and typed Polis saman (vehicle no) and it said i had a speeding fine recorded in January which cost rm200 however I can't see it online and have not received it in the mail . So what should I do ?

Also what's the easiest way to pay for the parking fine I committed today ?
Ps I live in KL
The easiest way is to let it marinate for a month or two. Why are you so anxious to pay your summons? smile.gif

Don't know about today, but last time, it takes sometime for the summon to get into the system. Once the cop write it on paper, he has to bring it back to the police station, where he, or someone else have to key it in. If you check too early, it's simply not in the system yet.

But I don't know why the sms system will have your record but not the website.

Anyway, sometimes these summons drop through the cracks. Perhaps there's a stack somewhere they forget to key in. Perhaps sometimes they key in the wrong car number. Don't know exactly. What I know is sometimes the summons just dissapear.

Over the years, my family and myself have received quite a few of these. For a variety of reasons including traffic and parking offenses. About 1/3rd of them had dissapeared. When we checked, it's not in their records anywhere. If it no longer exists, no need to pay. smile.gif The staff at the counter told me this.

I found this out early on. I had lost the original, and tried to get a copy. They couldn't find it. I asked them how to pay? They said without the original, or the copy in their records, there's no way. Cannot pay. No need to pay yet. They mentioned boxes of these summons that were not yet keyed in. They had a back-log. Come back in a few months they say. Months turns into years. The oldest of these my dissapeared summons are more than 10 years old. I assume their typists are really incompetent and made so many mistakes keying in the IC or car number wrong. Or there's a lot of summons that were simply never keyed in.

This post has been edited by dkk: Feb 5 2012, 06:48 AM
+Quote Post
borntobegreat
post Feb 5 2012, 08:17 PM

Me too got parking summon yesterday. I check with Myeg still not in record.

Then I got someone number who can get discount for my summon, she said the real price for parking summon is RM 100 and will be increase to RM 150 after 2 weeks.

So i make a deal with her and pay RM 70 only. She will clear my summon in 3 days and will email the receipt after that.
+Quote Post
jtdc
post Feb 17 2012, 07:18 PM

Getting Started

the good thing about paying early is having a chance to negotiate the amount you need to pay. and perhaps try nego your way out to the point of no need to pay.
+Quote Post
leymahn
post Feb 18 2012, 11:32 PM

Getting Started

if you don't pay your saman, you cannot renew roadtax right?
+Quote Post
WIS9000
post Mar 25 2012, 01:36 AM

Getting Started

Anyone knows whether the "Kaunter Trafik COPS di Kompleks Membeli Belah" in IOI MALL Puchong is still available? And what are the operating hours?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0360sec    0.77    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:30 AM