RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Naza Ria with converted Toyota/Nissan engine

safetylance
post Jan 31 2012, 03:32 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hi guys,

Thinking of buying Naza Ria/Kia Carnival & convert it to Toyota/Nissan engine.

Would like to ask anyone here owned any of converted Naza Ria/Kia Carnival ?

Can you share your experiences (cost, problem, fc & etc)....?

Thanks in advance....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kimsim
post Jan 31 2012, 03:44 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(safetylance @ Jan 31 2012, 03:32 PM)
Hi guys,

Thinking of buying Naza Ria/Kia Carnival & convert it to Toyota/Nissan engine.

Would like to ask anyone here owned any of converted Naza Ria/Kia Carnival ?

Can you share your experiences (cost, problem, fc & etc)....?

Thanks in advance....
You can convert into NGV to help up your pocket broken.
+Quote Post
RaFaLe
post Jan 31 2012, 03:46 PM

Getting Started

I think you'd better be off with other MPV; Exora Bold?

My father owns one, 2005 model. Not many mechanics out there that can repair it, expensive spare parts, and will have obvious cooling problems when mileage exceeds 100K km..but good thing is that it's quite steady,comfy and NVH is good for me as well. The shock absorber wears out quite fast as well because my family fully utilize it..

Initially I told my father better part with the car but since he really wanted to keep it he spent 10K to fully overhaul the engine few months ago after suffering from leaky head and some broken cooling pipes that lead to overheat(common for Nazaria). Also, it's a fuel guzzler lor shakehead.gif

From what the mechanic told me you'll need atleast 10k as well to do engine transplant from nissan cefiro (2.5/3.0l).

Pros: Nissan engine is better, less maintenance compared to original engine, no cooling/overheat issue. FCwise IDK.

Cons: The mechanic mentioned about the ABS and Airbag will not function due to different ECU. IDK if other has found solutions to this or not - maybe could "kacuk" between the parts.

Up 2u to to believe or not.. just my 2sen from my experience.

This post has been edited by RaFaLe: Jan 31 2012, 03:58 PM
+Quote Post
ultramaman
post Jan 31 2012, 04:23 PM

Getting Started

i've had kia carnival before... fuel guzzler... nice to drive but suspension a bit on the soft side for me.
but space is king in that one.

+Quote Post
littlefire
post Jan 31 2012, 04:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(RaFaLe @ Jan 31 2012, 04:46 PM)
I think you'd better be off with other MPV; Exora Bold?

My father owns one, 2005 model. Not many mechanics out there that can repair it, expensive spare parts, and will have obvious cooling problems when mileage exceeds 100K km..but good thing is that it's quite steady,comfy and NVH is good for me as well. The shock absorber wears out quite fast as well because my family fully utilize it..

Initially I told my father better part with the car but since he really wanted to keep it he spent 10K to fully overhaul the engine few months ago after suffering from leaky head and some broken cooling pipes that lead to overheat(common for Nazaria).  Also, it's a fuel guzzler lor  shakehead.gif

From what the mechanic told me you'll need atleast 10k as well to do engine transplant from nissan cefiro (2.5/3.0l).

Pros: Nissan engine is better, less maintenance compared to original engine, no cooling/overheat issue. FCwise IDK.

Cons: The mechanic mentioned about the ABS and Airbag will not function due to different ECU. IDK if other has found solutions to this or not - maybe could "kacuk" between the parts.

Up 2u to to believe or not.. just my 2sen from my experience.
Bro,

I think your father kena con... Nowadays new (Yes New!) Naza Ria 2.5 V6 engine can be bought at a cheap price around Rm7k~7.5k! Plus installation maybe even cheaper a bit compare to RM10k full overhaul..

I have scout around spare part shop and already seen a few mechanic bought the whole engine to be transplant to their customer cars... Somemore i heard got warranty somemore from Naza itself! The new engine somemore come with alternator somemore.. You just need to plug and play and walla! Easy and fast for the mechanic and customer also...

If plan to transplant, should go for Nissan VQ25 engine.. That 1 maintenance for sure cheaper a bit due to timing chain (no need change timing belt) & easier to get at half-cut shop.. But 1 drawback is when u register this engine wif JPJ, if not mistaken you cant sell that car anymore... shocking.gif This you will need to confirm wif JPJ loo... Reason given is different engine manufacturer compare to ur current car...
+Quote Post
RaFaLe
post Jan 31 2012, 07:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(littlefire @ Jan 31 2012, 04:44 PM)
Bro,

I think your father kena con... Nowadays new (Yes New!) Naza Ria 2.5 V6 engine can be bought at a cheap price around Rm7k~7.5k! Plus installation maybe even cheaper a bit compare to RM10k full overhaul..

I have scout around spare part shop and already seen a few mechanic bought the whole engine to be transplant to their customer cars... Somemore i heard got warranty somemore from Naza itself! The new engine somemore come with alternator somemore.. You just need to plug and play and walla! Easy and fast for the mechanic and customer also...

If plan to transplant, should go for Nissan VQ25 engine.. That 1 maintenance for sure cheaper a bit due to timing chain (no need change timing belt) & easier to get at half-cut shop.. But 1 drawback is when u register this engine wif JPJ, if not mistaken you cant sell that car anymore...  shocking.gif This you will need to confirm wif JPJ loo... Reason given is different engine manufacturer compare to ur current car...
Hmm, really??? 7.5K new from Naza itself? thumbup.gif
Which wshop sells that kind of price?couldn't be SC.. I could go there myself to check it out..

not sure lah if we got conned but that's the best mechanic (ex Naza) we found after went through so many "hoax otai" who screws up a lot, but the last overhaul involved a lots of parts replacement as well, IIRC he oso replaced head, piston, new sleeve the mechanic mod it a lil bit (welding) . It runs very smooth now, just hope that it'll last another 100k sweat.gif
+Quote Post
stormlcc
post Jan 31 2012, 08:38 PM

I can't control my G-FORCE addiction!!!

i've seen the Ria with Eterna twin turbo, Evo and SR20det engine from the silvia, it's no big deal, 10k can definitely do it. i'm sure with this kind of conversion, the car's FC will be almost the same as the standard engine, with much more power and torque. and yes you can change name when u sell the car even after endorsed at jpj
+Quote Post
jimmylim85
post Feb 14 2012, 01:06 AM

iPhone world....

Aren't KIA doing promotion or something for engine transplant. Heard from my mechanic in Ipoh. NAZA RIA engine replacement for KV6 2.5L for RM 8,888 c/w with workmanship and certification for you to send to Puspakom for final verification and JPJ for engine number change.

But they did mention to me that problem will still appear after long mileage. But worth the money for getting a 1 to 1 engine replacement than transplant other engines.
+Quote Post
wmkr
post Feb 14 2012, 11:21 AM

Getting Started

call this guy maybe he can help you

http://www.mudah.my/New+engine+naza+ria+wi...5370.htm?last=1
+Quote Post