Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Need help to choose treadmill, F1 Racing Takasima/Nordictrack 5 series

shahanaz
post Jan 28 2012, 03:02 PM

Group: Junior Member

I'm planning on buying a home treadmill for myself (26 years old) and my budget is around 5K. It is between F1 Racing Takasima and Nordictrack 5 series their price is around 5K. The problem is I don't know how to pick the best one for me rclxub.gif . I need a long lasting treadmill which need less repair.

If you have any other treadmill under my budget to suggest, then please...I appreciate that... I live in Sg. Petani.

Takasima offers lifetime free service but Fitness concept(Nordicktrack) need RM 95.00 for each time of service. I need help and opinion, please help me. Thanks! biggrin.gif Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
azbro
post Jan 29 2012, 12:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Well, there are many brands out there, I go for fitness concept products cos I always see them maintaining the stuff around the gym.

I've never seen takasima brand in any gym I've been too.

If you insist on which to choose, try it out first, look at the workmanship gone into making the stuff. Especially the plastic parts, joints, shaft, rollers, emergency pull switch etc and how solid it is. Having a basic display and options is ok too, you don't need a dozen settings to play with. What's important is regularly using it rather than only using once a while.

If there is a gym near your Taman it's also better to join it rather than getting a treadmill.
+Quote Post
shahanaz
post Jan 29 2012, 12:45 AM

QUOTE(azbro @ Jan 29 2012, 12:19 AM)
Well, there are many brands out there, I go for fitness concept products cos I always see them maintaining the stuff around the gym.

I've never seen takasima brand in any gym I've been too.

If you insist on which to choose, try it out first, look at the workmanship gone into making the stuff. Especially the plastic parts, joints, shaft, rollers, emergency pull switch etc and how solid it is. Having a basic display and options is ok too, you don't need a dozen settings to play with. What's important is regularly using it rather than only using once a while.

If there is a gym near your Taman it's also better to join it rather than getting a treadmill.
I'm really confused now. NordickTrack seems t be like a more durable and long lasting if I use it regularly, but the services will be free for 1 year only, and motor waranty is only for 3 years. Takasima F1 got lifetime free service and 5 years waranty for motor but seems like not as sturdy as Nordicktrack.

I can't jog outside because got no suitable park and busy working. I need something at home that I can use it at any time.
+Quote Post
azbro
post Jan 29 2012, 01:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(shahanaz @ Jan 29 2012, 12:45 AM)
I'm really confused now. NordickTrack seems t be like a more durable and long lasting if I use it regularly, but the services will be free for 1 year only, and motor waranty is only for 3 years. Takasima F1 got lifetime free service and 5 years waranty for motor but seems like not as sturdy as Nordicktrack.

I can't jog outside because got no suitable park and busy working. I need something at home that I can use it at any time.
I'm sorry to say that even a well maintained treadmill will sometimes breakdown.

I will choose NordicTrack, even if they charge during their visit.

Can kawtim with the service guys once you get to know them.

I wouldn't touch Takasima...looks like toys...

But thats my opinion, maybe real users can comment further

This post has been edited by azbro: Jan 29 2012, 01:21 AM
+Quote Post
shankar_dass93
post Jan 29 2012, 02:52 AM

Regular

QUOTE(shahanaz @ Jan 28 2012, 03:02 PM)
I'm planning on buying a home treadmill for myself (26 years old) and my budget is around 5K. It is between F1 Racing Takasima and Nordictrack 5 series their price is around 5K. The problem is I don't know how to pick the best one for me rclxub.gif . I need a long lasting treadmill which need less repair.

If you have any other treadmill under my budget to suggest, then please...I appreciate that... I live in Sg. Petani.

Takasima offers lifetime free service but Fitness concept(Nordicktrack) need RM 95.00 for each time of service. I need help and opinion, please help me. Thanks! biggrin.gif Attached Image Attached Image
You should consider Life Fitness bro. Their treadmill's are used in almost all commercial gym and its suitable for heavy usage. I have a friend that had a Life fitness threadmill and it never gave him problem although on average its used for about 2 hours a day.

http://www.google.com.my/imgres?q=life+fit...t:429,r:14,s:52
+Quote Post
shahanaz
post Jan 29 2012, 03:06 AM

QUOTE(shankar_dass93 @ Jan 29 2012, 02:52 AM)
You should consider Life Fitness bro. Their treadmill's are used in almost all commercial gym and its suitable for heavy usage. I have a friend that had a Life fitness threadmill and it never gave him problem although on average its used for about 2 hours a day.

http://www.google.com.my/imgres?q=life+fit...t:429,r:14,s:52
Thanks for your advice. I would love to find Life Fitness but I don't know whether I can find it in Sungai Petani, Kedah. Can I get life fitness treadmill with my bugdte, 5K?

Added on January 29, 2012, 3:12 am
QUOTE(azbro @ Jan 29 2012, 01:20 AM)
I'm sorry to say that even a well maintained treadmill will sometimes breakdown.

I will choose NordicTrack, even if they charge during their visit.

Can kawtim with the service guys once you get to know them.

I wouldn't touch Takasima...looks like toys...

But thats my opinion, maybe real users can comment further
That's the reason I changed my mind after I gave RM 100 as deposit for F1 Takasima. It looks like toys and I only realize it after compare it to other treadmill. I will use my treadmill almost everyday, maybe my mom and dad will use it too. So, I need a longer lasting and tahan lasak with my budget, 5K only.

This post has been edited by shahanaz: Jan 29 2012, 03:12 AM
+Quote Post
shankar_dass93
post Jan 29 2012, 08:24 AM

Regular

QUOTE(shahanaz @ Jan 29 2012, 03:06 AM)
Thanks for your advice. I would love to find Life Fitness but I don't know whether I can find it in Sungai Petani, Kedah. Can I get life fitness treadmill with my bugdte, 5K?

Added on January 29, 2012, 3:12 am

That's the reason I changed my mind after I gave RM 100 as deposit for F1 Takasima. It looks like toys and I only realize it after compare it to other treadmill. I will use my treadmill almost everyday, maybe my mom and dad will use it too. So, I need a longer lasting and tahan lasak with my budget, 5K only.
You got to check the price out as I have no idea on it's pricing but dude, remember to get a treadmill that's solid. There's many ytypes of treadmill in the market today that gives a toy kind of feeling. Plus once reached top speed, problems start to arise. As far as I know life fitness treadmills are one of the best heavy duty treadmills in the market. Since you said that your parents are also going to be using it, pls don't get any brand just because it's cheap. Check out on stuffs like performance, specs, built quality and after sales follow up.
+Quote Post
tenno
post Jan 29 2012, 10:19 AM

Livestrong

There are 2 types of gym equipment. 1 is for home use & the other one is for commercial/gym use & most definitely suitable for home use as well. NordicTrack, Life Fitness falls under the 2nd category. Both are well established fitness brands & of course they cost a bit expensive, given the quality. Things to consider when purchasing treadmill:

1. Motor. Most home treadmill comes with 1.0 horsepower (hp) motor. The problem with 1.0 hp motor is they won't last long under heavy, prolonged usage. Go for at least 1.5hp, if Ur a serious runner who runs races & uses this treadmill heavily for intervals & stuff, 2.0hp is the minimum.
2. Belt size. If Ur a big person, make sure the belt size (width) is 16 inches, minimum.. or U'll find Urself running on a very narrow track..
3. Incline control. Some of the value treadmills dun have incline controls at all, some have manual settings, meaning U hv to get off & turn some knobs. Make sure they have inclination adjustments.

Those are the basics. Others like shock-absorbing decks, custom workouts, audio systems are premium stuff. Personally, I wouldn't even consider brands like Takasima, Gintell, or the like. I think they just wanna add treadmills to their product line. NordicTrack on the other hand, are first-rated fitness equipment manufacturer.
+Quote Post
shahanaz
post Jan 29 2012, 12:00 PM

QUOTE(shankar_dass93 @ Jan 29 2012, 08:24 AM)
You got to check the price out as I have no idea on it's pricing but dude, remember to get a treadmill that's solid. There's many ytypes of treadmill in the market today that gives a toy kind of feeling. Plus once reached top speed, problems start to arise. As far as I know life fitness treadmills are one of the best heavy duty treadmills in the market. Since you said that your parents are also going to be using it, pls don't get any brand just because it's cheap. Check out on stuffs like performance, specs, built quality and after sales follow up.
I will try to check the price and compare with other treadmill. If I can, I would like to have better treadmill but it exceeds my budget. I can only afford 5K treadmill so I will try to find the best and solid treadmill with that price. Thanks!

Added on January 29, 2012, 12:06 pm
QUOTE(tenno @ Jan 29 2012, 10:19 AM)
There are 2 types of gym equipment. 1 is for home use & the other one is for commercial/gym use & most definitely suitable for home use as well. NordicTrack, Life Fitness falls under the 2nd category. Both are well established fitness brands & of course they cost a bit expensive, given the quality. Things to consider when purchasing treadmill:

1. Motor. Most home treadmill comes with 1.0 horsepower (hp) motor. The problem with 1.0 hp motor is they won't last long under heavy, prolonged usage. Go for at least 1.5hp, if Ur a serious runner who runs races & uses this treadmill heavily for intervals & stuff, 2.0hp is the minimum.
2. Belt size. If Ur a big person, make sure the belt size (width) is 16 inches, minimum.. or U'll find Urself running on a very narrow track..
3. Incline control. Some of the value treadmills dun have incline controls at all, some have manual settings, meaning U hv to get off & turn some knobs. Make sure they have inclination adjustments.

Those are the basics. Others like shock-absorbing decks, custom workouts, audio systems are premium stuff. Personally, I wouldn't even consider brands like Takasima, Gintell, or the like. I think they just wanna add treadmills to their product line. NordicTrack on the other hand, are first-rated fitness equipment manufacturer.
Thanks for your opinion. The NordicTrack comes with 2.5hp, wider track and 10% incline. The Takasima got 2hp, narrow track, and also got incline. The Takasima look beautiful and have extra features like heart-rate control and better screen. The problem is I'm not sure about it's quality and how lasak it is.

For now, I think NordicTrack is my choice.

This post has been edited by shahanaz: Jan 29 2012, 12:06 PM
+Quote Post
azbro
post Jan 29 2012, 01:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!

You have your answer oledi.

Its hard to swallow the extra cost of service, gadgets etc, but stuff like this must 'tahan lasak'. Thats the first priority.

What ever you get, always use it, no point buying it for display purpose.

Have you check those gym around your area or workplace? Its better to join it. Got loud music, gym friends, sparing partner, more equipment and nice looking chicks sometimes...you are missing all that smile.gif
+Quote Post
shahanaz
post Jan 29 2012, 08:20 PM

QUOTE(azbro @ Jan 29 2012, 01:05 PM)
You have your answer oledi.

Its hard to swallow the extra cost of service, gadgets etc, but stuff like this must 'tahan lasak'. Thats the first priority.

What ever you get, always use it, no point buying it for display purpose.

Have you check those gym around your area or workplace? Its better to join it. Got loud music, gym friends, sparing partner, more equipment and nice looking chicks sometimes...you are missing all that smile.gif
I'm interested to join gym. Loud music, friends, more equipment. But I guess I will pass the nice looking chick, because I am a woman tongue.gif ..hehehe
+Quote Post
Saton666
post Jan 29 2012, 09:02 PM

Getting Started

LifeFitness would cost you RM 15,000 up. Precor is a cheaper alternative but cost more than RM 10,000 as well. But these brand only available in KL. I think they will consider outstation delivery.

Both Takashi & Nordic Track made in China. Dont think it will make much different.

+Quote Post
shahanaz
post Jan 29 2012, 09:16 PM

QUOTE(Saton666 @ Jan 29 2012, 09:02 PM)
LifeFitness would cost you RM 15,000 up. Precor is a cheaper alternative but cost more than RM 10,000 as well. But these brand only available in KL. I think they will consider outstation delivery.

Both Takashi & Nordic Track made in China. Dont think it will make much different.
Owh..Thanks for the info. I thought Nordic Track made in USA. smile.gif
+Quote Post
azbro
post Jan 29 2012, 09:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(shahanaz @ Jan 29 2012, 08:20 PM)
I'm interested to join gym. Loud music, friends, more equipment. But I guess I will pass the nice looking chick, because I am a woman  tongue.gif ..hehehe
Got hot guys also biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
tenno
post Jan 30 2012, 12:57 AM

Livestrong

QUOTE(Saton666 @ Jan 29 2012, 09:02 PM)

It is a US brand..the product itself is made in China...it seems everything is made in China nowadays...
+Quote Post
Drian
post Jan 30 2012, 03:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!

to be frank, takashima machines looks like the ah beng version of a threadmill.

+Quote Post
hunt2sp
post Jan 30 2012, 03:49 PM

On my way

why not check out this brand...it protects your joints too..

click here

This post has been edited by hunt2sp: Jan 30 2012, 03:53 PM
+Quote Post
Saton666
post Jan 30 2012, 06:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tenno @ Jan 30 2012, 12:57 AM)
It is a US brand..the product itself is made in China...it seems everything is made in China nowadays...
I used to install few unit of LifeFitness X3 & X5 series before. Motor & Control Panel are American made, no indication on the frame though, could be assemble in China.

Reebok Nordic Track confirm 100% China made, but advertised as US product... Reebok threadmill is licensing, Reebok themselves do not make threadmill. Original Nordic Track in US bankrupt during 90s', dont know which Chinaman company take over afterward...
+Quote Post
VeeJay
post Jan 30 2012, 07:05 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Saton666 @ Jan 30 2012, 06:26 PM)
I used to install few unit of LifeFitness X3 & X5 series before. Motor & Control Panel are American made, no indication on the frame though, could be assemble in China.

Reebok Nordic Track confirm 100% China made, but advertised as US product... Reebok threadmill is licensing, Reebok themselves do not make threadmill. Original Nordic Track in US bankrupt during 90s', dont know which Chinaman company take over afterward...
NordicTrack still being a US company since its run by ICON and not some chinaman company.
+Quote Post
owenfooa
post Jan 31 2012, 11:57 AM

Getting Started

bro..u should check this out..
mydeal has coupon with it...
http://www.mydeal.com.my/deals/penang/RM37...l-from-Takasima

3.8k ....lesser than your 5k budget...
+Quote Post
VeeJay
post Jan 31 2012, 01:01 PM

Regular

Shahanaz,

FYI, most of the RM5K model in Msia, are entry level, hence its not really heavy duty. If you want commercial model, its gonna be expensive and alternatively you could look at second hand. They are pretty good as well. This is from my experience, buying couple of them from friends and relatives.

Here are some of the links for your perusal, which I had used last year APril for analysis before purchasing one for my cousin.

NordicTrack

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00624965000P
http://www.mysears.com/NordicTrack-T5-zi-T...ews?tab=details
http://www.fitnessconcept.com.my/shop/inde...products_id=454
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/NordicTrack...ill-Review-2011

Horizon (841 is similar to t901)

http://www.completegyms.com/horizon-841t-treadmill.html
http://www.priorysports.co.uk/treadmills/h...-treadmill.html
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Horizon-Tre...view-Index-2011
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Horizon-T90...ill-Review-2011
http://www.treadmilltalk.com/horizon-t901-treadmill.html

Livestrong

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Livestrong-...ill-Review-2011
http://www.treadmilladviser.com/livestrong...-treadmill.html
http://www.treadmillcomparison.com/treadmi...vestrong-ls7.9t
http://www.treadmilltalk.com/livestrong-ls79t-treadmill.html

General
http://www.livestrong.com/article/279146-h...bok-treadmills/
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Nordictrack...0?category=2667
http://www.treadmilladviser.com/treadmill-ratings.html
http://www.treadmilltalk.com/treadmill-com...on-chart-2.html

The choice is yours!, enjoy!

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 31 2012, 01:04 PM
+Quote Post
shahanaz
post Feb 1 2012, 07:29 PM

QUOTE(tenno @ Jan 30 2012, 12:57 AM)
I heard about that too..as long as the quality is okay, I can accept if it is made in China.

Added on February 1, 2012, 7:30 pm
QUOTE(Drian @ Jan 30 2012, 03:34 PM)
to be frank, takashima machines looks like the ah beng version of a threadmill.
tongue.gif nod.gif

Added on February 1, 2012, 7:31 pm
QUOTE(hunt2sp @ Jan 30 2012, 03:49 PM)
why not check out this brand...it protects your joints too..

click here
Owh...Thanks!

I think I will find some time to find that brand. biggrin.gif

Added on February 1, 2012, 7:42 pm
QUOTE(Saton666 @ Jan 30 2012, 06:26 PM)

So it seems like most of the popular treadmill brand are made in China but advertised as US product. I hope even it is made in China, it will have US product quality. I know that the quality will be depends on the price. I just want to find the best among all treadmills which cost the same, 5K.

Added on February 1, 2012, 7:46 pm
QUOTE(owenfooa @ Jan 31 2012, 11:57 AM)
bro..u should check this out..
mydeal has coupon with it...
http://www.mydeal.com.my/deals/penang/RM37...l-from-Takasima

3.8k ....lesser than your 5k budget...
I already ask the MYDEAL about the coupon and I think it is a good deal. I can save 1K biggrin.gif . Can I trust that company? I'm afraid it is illegal and what will happen if something happen after I paid? have anybody ever try on MYDEAL? how it works?

Added on February 1, 2012, 7:50 pm
QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jan 31 2012, 01:01 PM)
Shahanaz,

FYI, most of the RM5K model in Msia, are entry level, hence its not really heavy duty. If you want commercial model, its gonna be expensive and alternatively you could look at second hand. They are pretty good as well. This is from my experience, buying couple of them from friends and relatives.

Here are some of the links for your perusal, which I had used last year APril for analysis before purchasing one for my cousin.

NordicTrack

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00624965000P
http://www.mysears.com/NordicTrack-T5-zi-T...ews?tab=details
http://www.fitnessconcept.com.my/shop/inde...products_id=454
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/NordicTrack...ill-Review-2011

Horizon (841 is similar to t901)

http://www.completegyms.com/horizon-841t-treadmill.html
http://www.priorysports.co.uk/treadmills/h...-treadmill.html
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Horizon-Tre...view-Index-2011
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Horizon-T90...ill-Review-2011
http://www.treadmilltalk.com/horizon-t901-treadmill.html
Livestrong

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Livestrong-...ill-Review-2011
http://www.treadmilladviser.com/livestrong...-treadmill.html
http://www.treadmillcomparison.com/treadmi...vestrong-ls7.9t
http://www.treadmilltalk.com/livestrong-ls79t-treadmill.html

General
http://www.livestrong.com/article/279146-h...bok-treadmills/
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Nordictrack...0?category=2667
http://www.treadmilladviser.com/treadmill-ratings.html
http://www.treadmilltalk.com/treadmill-com...on-chart-2.html

The choice is yours!, enjoy!
So many links! Complete and really help me. Thanks a lot!
I will try to survey the price for the treadmill I like.

This post has been edited by shahanaz: Feb 1 2012, 07:50 PM
+Quote Post
todak
post Jul 2 2012, 10:12 AM

Getting Started

Shahanaz, have you bought your treadmill? I'm looking for one as well here in Jitra, would appreciate any feedback on your experience, thanks.
+Quote Post
sivanesan00
post Jun 8 2013, 01:49 PM

Group: New Member

anybody have info about this treadmill.. because one of my friend from penang bought this treadmill at Sole Fitness Malaysia..he gives good review and ask me to have my own google review about this treadmill. did anyone in this forum may give your suggestions?

Attached Image
+Quote Post
-christine-
post Aug 16 2013, 11:46 AM

Hi, if anyone interested to buy a treadmill can go to my thread:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2923246

I have one new treadmill want to sell. thanks. smile.gif
+Quote Post
gamersmetabilisam
post Feb 2 2014, 09:07 PM

Guys can you give me name of trusted shop in lawyat for fitness and what price is the cheapest to buy a treadmill
+Quote Post
todak
post Feb 3 2014, 03:40 PM

Getting Started

I bought a Nordictrack from Fitness Concept for RM4k nearly 2 years ago and its still working well and I uses it regularly.

This same model would only cost half of the price in the USA but thats the price you have to pay for imported treadmills.

Takasima has quite cheap treadmills and they manufacture locally I think. As for quality, I cant say though they have quite good good warranties on their treadmills. Best if you have a chat with their sales people.

+Quote Post
pennie23
post Feb 10 2014, 05:04 PM

Getting Started

is BH G6415c or proform 6 pro worth considering? any user here?

my budget is below RM 5k.. any recommendation would be very much aprpeciated.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0648sec    0.77    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:28 AM