Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

178 Pages « < 159 160 161 162 163 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Wanna buy New Camera? Undecided which to choose?V5, Please read first page before posting!!!

views

Wild Honey
post Dec 14 2018, 11:36 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(kahjun @ Dec 8 2018, 11:12 PM)
Is the panasonic lumix gf9 / 10 a decent camera for casual photography,scenary/travel shots ? or anything good in the similar price range ?

Thanks sifu sifu~~
Olympus has the E-PL8. It is on promotion now, circa RM 1.8k or so and can get free 45mm lens.
adiosmofo
post Dec 16 2018, 04:39 PM

5 posts

Hi sifu sifus, looking for light/small camera for travelling.

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Mirrorless system camera
Budget: RM 2k~3k
Your Location: KL/PJ
Preferable brand : Any
Type of photography u want to do : Travel, portrait
Any specific models in mind? : None
Any specific features u want? : None

Thanks!

This post has been edited by adiosmofo: Dec 16 2018, 05:30 PM
Wild Honey
post Dec 16 2018, 06:14 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(adiosmofo @ Dec 16 2018, 04:39 PM)
Hi sifu sifus, looking for light/small camera for travelling.

Type of camera/lens/accesories :  Mirrorless system camera
Budget: RM 2k~3k
Your Location:   KL/PJ
Preferable brand :  Any
Type of photography u want to do :  Travel, portrait
Any specific models in mind? :  None
Any specific features u want? : None

Thanks!
Either Olympus E-M10 II / E-M10 III / E-PL8 / E-PL9 or Panasonic GX85 / GF9 / GF10. Both systems share the Micro Four Thirds lens mount, so their lens are interchangeable. For really light option, go with GF 9 / GF10, but do note that their body does not have image stabilisation which could be a problem when you use with Olympus lens. This is not a problem when you stick with Panasonic's lens alone. Next up in weight is the E-PL8 / E-PL9.

Or you could get used ones, which is cheaper.
numlock
post Dec 22 2018, 02:12 PM

Blazin Beat
1,749 posts

My canon powershot s110 is dying and plan to upgrade to a similar function and feature any suggestion below rm 1500 ?
Don Quixote
post Dec 25 2018, 12:56 PM

22 posts

I am planning to get a camera to take photos and videos of kids indoors-classrooms (often) as well as out of doors (occasionally) for posting purposes on FB, YouTube and Insta. Been using my phone and camera on loans. It has been fun capturing the antics and the unexpected stuffs they say. Thus I am seriously thinking of getting a camera of my own.

I have done some research but definitely not enough. Iam very much a novice. Saw some yearend promotions and tempted to get one now. I have narrowed the search down to canon or Sony as there are just too many out there. However would like to seek advice from the experienced which of the following would fit my purpose best.

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Canon EOS 200d with EFS18-55kitlens/ Canon M50 with kittens EFM15-45/ Sony a6300 with kitlens / Sony a6500 (doesn't come with kitlens) standalone lens E35mm F1.8
Budget : A6500 is very expensive and that is as far as I would consider
Your Location: KL
Preferable brand : Canon / Sony
Type of photography u want to do : Indoor video and photos of kids / kids at outdoor camps / indoor performances
Any specific models in mind? : canon m50 /canon D200 / Sony a6300 / Sony a6500
Any specific features u want? : great colour / stability for videography / good in low light / easy focusing (children) / might try time lapse if available but I guess this can easily be edited?

Yes, I am also considering purchasing a good tripod. What would you recommend?

Your help in easing my predicament is most appreciate.

This post has been edited by Don Quixote: Dec 25 2018, 12:57 PM
Wild Honey
post Dec 25 2018, 03:46 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(Don Quixote @ Dec 25 2018, 12:56 PM)
I am planning to get a camera to take photos and videos of kids indoors-classrooms (often) as well as out of doors (occasionally) for posting purposes on FB, YouTube and Insta. Been using my phone and camera on loans. It has been fun capturing the antics and the unexpected stuffs they say. Thus I am seriously thinking of getting a camera of my own.

I have done some research but definitely not enough. Iam very much a novice. Saw some yearend promotions and tempted to get one now. I have narrowed the search down to canon or Sony as there are just too many out there. However would like to seek advice from the experienced which of the following would fit my purpose best.

Type of camera/lens/accesories :  Canon EOS 200d with EFS18-55kitlens/ Canon M50 with kittens EFM15-45/ Sony a6300 with kitlens / Sony a6500 (doesn't come with kitlens) standalone lens E35mm F1.8
Type of photography u want to do : Indoor video and photos of kids / kids at outdoor camps / indoor performances
Any specific models in mind? :  canon m50 /canon  D200 / Sony a6300 / Sony a6500
Any specific features u want? : great colour / stability for videography / good in low light / easy focusing (children) / might try time lapse if available but I guess this can easily be edited? 

If video is your thing, consider Panasonic GH4. For videos, Panasonic has been the go to camera for the past few years.
IvanWong1989
post Dec 25 2018, 10:16 PM

!StringTheory!
4,191 posts

QUOTE(Don Quixote @ Dec 25 2018, 12:56 PM)

Type of camera/lens/accesories :  Canon EOS 200d with EFS18-55kitlens/ Canon M50 with kittens EFM15-45/ Sony a6300 with kitlens / Sony a6500 (doesn't come with kitlens) standalone lens E35mm F1.8
Any specific models in mind? :  canon m50 /canon  D200 / Sony a6300 / Sony a6500

If it's video, might want to consider camera with in-body stabilization.... Especialy if you're using with old lenses later on.

monocat
post Dec 26 2018, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Hi sifu sifus, im looking for dslr for traveling

Type of camera/lens/accesories : DSLR (including kit lens)
Budget: 3000-3500
Preferable brand : Canon
Type of photography u want to do : portrait, Street photo, travel
Any specific models in mind? : 750D, 760D, 200D
Any specific features u want? : none. owned 700D before.

This post has been edited by monocat: Dec 27 2018, 10:06 AM
Wonka
post Dec 28 2018, 05:45 PM

U n k o ™
1,630 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Full frame
Budget : RM8000 or less
Your Location : PJ
Preferable brand : Sony / Fuji
Type of photography u want to do : Landscape, travel and portrait
Any specific models in mind? : I have no idea
Any specific features u want? : Looking for a mirrorless full frame if any
sp6068
post Dec 28 2018, 07:57 PM

Lights Out and Away We Go!
1,604 posts

QUOTE(Wonka @ Dec 28 2018, 05:45 PM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories : Full frame
Budget : RM8000 or less
Your Location : PJ
Preferable brand : Sony / Fuji
Type of photography u want to do : Landscape, travel and portrait
Any specific models in mind? : I have no idea
Any specific features u want? : Looking for a mirrorless full frame if any
With that budget Sony FF all the way. A7II/R
sp6068
post Dec 28 2018, 08:03 PM

Lights Out and Away We Go!
1,604 posts

QUOTE(monocat @ Dec 26 2018, 03:05 PM)
Hi sifu sifus, im looking for dslr for traveling

Type of camera/lens/accesories : DSLR (including kit lens)
Budget: 3000-3500
Preferable brand : Canon
Type of photography u want to do : portrait, Street photo, travel
Any specific models in mind? : 750D, 760D, 200D
Any specific features u want? : none. owned 700D before.
Since you're travelling, are you willing to swap DSLR for ML camera? Considering how overpriced DSLRs are becoming in Malaysia you could go with the Sony A6000 and have the extra cash to buy lenses and extra batteries (or an adapter to mount your canon lenses)

If your decision remains for DSLR, I suggest the 77/80D since you've already owned a 700D before, this is one step up in terms of built quality and features.
Don Quixote
post Dec 30 2018, 07:34 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(IvanWong1989 @ Dec 25 2018, 10:16 PM)
If it's video, might want to consider camera with in-body stabilization.... Especialy if you're using with old lenses later on.
Thank you !
Don Quixote
post Dec 30 2018, 07:35 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(Wild Honey @ Dec 25 2018, 03:46 PM)
If video is your thing, consider Panasonic GH4. For videos, Panasonic has been the go to camera for the past few years.
Will definitely check this out. Thank you !
Wonka
post Jan 2 2019, 10:54 AM

U n k o ™
1,630 posts

QUOTE(sp6068 @ Dec 28 2018, 07:57 PM)
With that budget Sony FF all the way. A7II/R
I should get the A7ii instead of A7iii right? Cause I dont do videos.
kakumei
post Jan 8 2019, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : preferable compact/mirrorless with fixed lens, not too bulky.
Budget: up to 3.5k
Your Location: ipoh, perak
Preferable brand : Sony, fujifilm, lumix... But any other good ones also acceptable
Type of photography u want to do : expecting my first baby. Want to have a good camera to capture moments.
Any specific models in mind? :
Any specific features u want? : not bulky. I'm a beginner in photography. Good auto focus. Prefer to have good 4k 60fps ability, but optional. Important is consistency of producing good focus and images.
1 inch and above sensor (higher the better).

TS-kytz-
post Jan 8 2019, 11:02 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

QUOTE(kakumei @ Jan 8 2019, 10:22 AM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories : preferable compact/mirrorless with fixed lens, not too bulky.
Your Location:   ipoh, perak
Preferable brand :  Sony, fujifilm, lumix... But any other good ones also acceptable
Type of photography u want to do :  expecting my first baby. Want to have a good camera to capture moments.
Any specific features u want? : not bulky. I'm a beginner in photography. Good auto focus. Prefer to have good 4k 60fps ability, but optional. Important is consistency of producing good focus and images.
When it comes to photographing babies/toddlers/children, auto focus performance comes first and with that I recommend the Sony RX100 Mark 4 or VA

I don't think any other mirrorless camera can offer a better AF performance and a fast f/1.8-2.8 stabilized lens within your budget.

This post has been edited by -kytz-: Jan 8 2019, 11:04 AM
kakumei
post Jan 8 2019, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(-kytz- @ Jan 8 2019, 11:02 AM)
When it comes to photographing babies/toddlers/children, auto focus performance comes first and with that I recommend the Sony RX100 Mark 4 or VA

I don't think any other mirrorless camera can offer a better AF performance and a fast f/1.8-2.8 stabilized lens within your budget.
Thanks for your fast reply.

Wild Honey
post Jan 8 2019, 11:51 AM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(kakumei @ Jan 8 2019, 10:22 AM)
Your Location:   ipoh, perak
Preferable brand :  Sony, fujifilm, lumix... But any other good ones also acceptable
Type of photography u want to do :  expecting my first baby. Want to have a good camera to capture moments.
Plenty of options, but as with most beginner, I would recommend something light but flexible for future development. Can go for a Olympus E-M10 Mark II with a Panasonic 25mm f1.7 and Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens. Should be around RM 3.5k for all.
Wild Honey
post Jan 8 2019, 11:52 AM

Casual
302 posts

Double post

This post has been edited by Wild Honey: Jan 8 2019, 11:53 AM
kakumei
post Jan 8 2019, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(Wild Honey @ Jan 8 2019, 11:51 AM)
Plenty of options, but as with most beginner, I would recommend something light but flexible for future development. Can go for a Olympus E-M10 Mark II with a Panasonic 25mm f1.7 and Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens. Should be around RM 3.5k for all.
Thanks for the reply. I'm more tempted to get this after seeing the reviews. Is the stock lenses that comes with the body not good? Do I really have to get extra lenses? If I'm going to get only one all rounder lense, what would be your recommendation? I'm just a beginner. tongue.gif

178 Pages « < 159 160 161 162 163 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:34 PM