Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

178 Pages « < 155 156 157 158 159 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Wanna buy New Camera? Undecided which to choose?V5, Please read first page before posting!!!

views

Loseeker
post Mar 30 2018, 12:46 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(ericling @ Mar 11 2018, 07:47 PM)
Hi sifu, asking for a friend here...

Type of camera/lens/accesories :  Compact mirrorless
Budget: Below RM2k
Your Location:   KL
Preferable brand : None
Type of photography u want to do :  Videography is the priority
Any specific models in mind? :  RX100 (second hand?)
Any specific features u want? : Looking for a camera which is not bulky and easy to carry around for travelling purposes.

Thank you!
Then RX100 it is!

QUOTE(splinter @ Mar 29 2018, 02:06 PM)
Type of camera/lens/accesories : Compact mirrorless
Budget: Rm3-5K cheaper better as finance easier approve
Your Location: KL
Type of photography u want to do : Photo & video prefer 4K since I got 4K TV
Any specific models in mind? : Fujifilm xt20, Olympus or Sony.
Any specific features u want? : Looking for a camera which is not bulky and easy to carry around for travelling purposes.

Currently using Canon EOS650. Too heavy when travel exspecially got 1 kid to carry
Do you appreciate the retro look? If you do, Fujifilm XT20. Come with touchscreen, easier to do focus pulling. On the side note, bewary of the much expensive fujinon lenses.
If you dont, get Sony a6500. It is true some may claim that Sony lenses are not cheap also, but mostly are cheaper than fujinon equivalent. On top of that, Sony apsc camera has more support from third party manufacturer such as sigma and tamron. If you can survive without the touchscreen(which I think is super useful for focus pulling) and ibis, then go for Sonya6300, which is cheaper than can also do 4k. All the best with your selection.

clement5949
post Apr 8 2018, 01:15 PM

HerculesMent
1,504 posts

Hi all, need ur advice smile.gif

Type of camera/lens/accesories: light weight camera for travel shooting
Budget: below 4000
Your Location: Kuala Lumpur
Preferable brand : any brand
Type of photography u want to do :travel landscape and portrait
Any specific models in mind? : Sony rx100 mkv (the price I found on 11street is 3.9k)
Any specific features u want? :light weight and wide angle
Description :currently I am using my iPhone x for photography, was thinking if I get a point & shoot will enhancement my photo compare to photo took from my phone. I used to have a Nikon D7000 but it is too heavy so I had gave up on bringing it to travel anymore

Loseeker
post Apr 9 2018, 12:36 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Apr 8 2018, 01:15 PM)
Hi all, need ur advice smile.gif

Type of camera/lens/accesories:  light weight camera for travel shooting
Budget: below 4000
Your Location: Kuala Lumpur 
Preferable brand : any brand 
Type of photography u want to do :travel landscape and portrait  
Any specific models in mind? : Sony rx100 mkv (the price I found on 11street is 3.9k) 
Any specific features u want? :light weight and wide angle 
Description :currently I am using my iPhone x for photography, was thinking if I get a point & shoot will enhancement my photo compare to photo took from my phone. I used to have a Nikon D7000 but it is too heavy so I had gave up on bringing it to travel anymore
1) What is that can be accomplished with a point and shoot that cannot be done with your iphone X?
2) In what way a point and shoot will enhance your photos compared to the phone?
3) Do you think a point and shoot will inspire you to shoot more compare to your iphone X that is always with you?
4) Do you do post processing with those photos taken with your iphone X ?

I advise you take time to think of those questions I posted above. Chances are, you will find that you might not need a point and shoot afterall, since it could be just a sudden G.A.S* attack.

p/s: Point and Shoot camera business segment are almost entire wiped out by smart phone for a good reason.

*G.A.S = Gear Acquiring Syndrome.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Apr 9 2018, 12:38 AM
Keanz91
post Apr 13 2018, 10:51 AM

22 posts

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my current Canon EOS 60D camera. I initially wanted to get a 7D m2, but I have heard people saying that the 80D is better than the mark2... Can I get some opinions from people here please. Thanks guys.

Type of camera/lens/accesories : DSLR camera

Budget : RM5000 +/-

Your Location : KL

Preferable brand : Canon

Type of photography u want to do : Portrait

Any specific models in mind? : 7D Mark2 & 80D

Any specific features u want? : not really, but would be up for recommendations.
skyais
post Apr 14 2018, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Hi.. I am totally new to camera.. looking for mirrorless camera.. purpose is to take nice photo and short video shooting during travelling and special event.. budget is within 3k.. any recommendations all sifu here?
ekestima
post Apr 15 2018, 01:53 PM

Enthusiast
929 posts

Hi all hmm.gif

Type of camera/lens/accesories: light weight camera, must have wifi connectivity and good macro photos
Budget: below 1.5K if possible, max 2.5k
Your Location: Kuching
Preferable brand : any brand, would prefer Sony, Canon (preferable have longer warranty)
Type of photography u want to do :portrait and plants (but mostly plants, macro / close shot as I'm using the photos to post ads, need as details as possible)
Any specific models in mind? : don't have , but would prefer Sony, Canon (preferable have longer warranty)
Any specific features u want? : Wifi connection as able to sync to my hp or PC in order to post ads
Description :Currently using Mi6 for taking photos, HP was not really good in macro photography so was thinking of getting a camera with wifi instead. For easier connection to mobile phone

Thx
Ralmy1990
post Apr 19 2018, 01:08 PM

5 posts

wow reading this is so informative thanks a lot.
Loseeker
post Apr 20 2018, 12:07 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(Keanz91 @ Apr 13 2018, 10:51 AM)
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my current Canon EOS 60D camera. I initially wanted to get a 7D m2, but I have heard people saying that the 80D is better than the mark2... Can I get some opinions from people here please. Thanks guys.
Type of camera/lens/accesories : DSLR camera

Budget : RM5000 +/-

Preferable brand : Canon

Type of photography u want to do : Portrait

Any specific models in mind? : 7D Mark2 & 80D

Any specific features u want? : not really, but would be up for recommendations.
I'd say get the 80d and save yourself some money for new lens or accessories. Get the mark2 if you do a lot of sport or birding.

QUOTE(skyais @ Apr 14 2018, 05:15 PM)
Hi.. I am totally new to camera.. looking for mirrorless camera.. purpose is to take nice photo and short video shooting during travelling and special event.. budget is within 3k.. any recommendations all sifu here?
Fuji XA3/Sony A6300/Canon EOSM50

QUOTE(ekestima @ Apr 15 2018, 01:53 PM)
Hi all  hmm.gif

Type of camera/lens/accesories: light weight camera, must have wifi connectivity and good macro photos
Budget: below 1.5K if possible, max 2.5k
Your Location: Kuching
Preferable brand : any brand, would prefer Sony, Canon (preferable have longer warranty)
Type of photography u want to do :portrait and plants (but mostly plants, macro / close shot as I'm using the photos to post ads, need as details as possible)
Any specific models in mind? : don't have , but would prefer Sony, Canon (preferable have longer warranty)
Any specific features u want? : Wifi connection as able to sync to my hp or PC in order to post ads
Description :Currently using Mi6 for taking photos, HP was not really good in macro photography so was thinking of getting a camera with wifi instead. For easier connection to mobile phone

Thx
I was gonna suggest Sony a6000....but taking a second look on your budget, I suggest you go for Sony a5100 and get yourself some macro extension tubes or Raynox DCR 250 macro closeup lens.

QUOTE(Ralmy1990 @ Apr 19 2018, 01:08 PM)
wow reading this is so informative thanks a lot.
Who are you thanking? rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Apr 20 2018, 12:15 AM
ekestima
post Apr 20 2018, 01:46 PM

Enthusiast
929 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Apr 20 2018, 12:07 AM)
I'd say get the 80d and save yourself some money for new lens or accessories. Get the mark2 if you do a lot of sport or birding.
    Fuji XA3/Sony A6300/Canon EOSM50
    I was gonna suggest Sony a6000....but taking a second look on your budget, I suggest you go for Sony a5100 and get yourself some macro extension tubes or Raynox DCR 250 macro closeup lens.
     Who are you thanking?  rclxub.gif
Thanking anyone who answer to my query rclxms.gif

Thx for your suggestion. But I forgot to mention compact and portability is also on my wanted list.

This post has been edited by ekestima: Apr 20 2018, 01:47 PM
Loseeker
post Apr 20 2018, 06:20 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(ekestima @ Apr 20 2018, 01:46 PM)
Thanking anyone who answer to my query  rclxms.gif

Thx for your suggestion. But I forgot to mention compact and portability is also on my wanted list.
Sony a5100 is very compact hence it is very portable. And the screen can flip all the way up so it is good for vlogging. If u want, u can check out the size of it at Great Wall camera shop at padungan street. If they dont have a5100 for display, u can look at the sony a6000/6300/6500. They are good references as regard the size. As for best price, you can try lazada. I got 99% of my photography gears from lazada with their coupons, which hardly comes by these days.
N33d
post Apr 23 2018, 02:57 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Apr 20 2018, 06:20 PM)
Sony a5100 is very compact hence it is very portable. And the screen can flip all the way up so it is good for vlogging. If u want, u can check out the size of it at Great Wall camera shop at padungan street. If they dont have a5100 for display, u can look at the sony a6000/6300/6500. They are good references as regard the size. As for best price, you can try lazada. I got 99% of my photography gears from lazada with their coupons, which hardly comes by these days.
saw your comment about buying from lazada
do you buy those 'grey' import one or all original?
the price diff is quite tempting sometimes drool
Loseeker
post Apr 24 2018, 12:39 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(N33d @ Apr 23 2018, 02:57 PM)
saw your comment about buying from lazada
do you buy those 'grey' import one or all original?
the price diff is quite tempting sometimes drool
What do u mean by grey import? I think you meant local sellers and foreign sellers right? To answer your questions, yes, I bought from both. Why, I always buy from the cheapest source regardless the origin of the seller. Some how, for my case, the camera body, lenses, they are cheaper with local sellers. Of course, whenever I can go with a local seller, I will because of the benefit of the warranty. As for other accessories like flashes, light stand, diffuser, gels, backdrop from china seller because as u said, much cheaper. So far, EVERY ITEM i ordered came thro, no problems at all. thumbup.gif
gugukrez
post Apr 27 2018, 05:16 PM

Enthusiast
939 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Not sure
[B]Budget: RM2,000 - RM5,000
[B]Your Location: Klang Valley
[B]Preferable brand : Not sure
[B]Type of photography u want to do : want to use for travel(preferable those camera use by Wedding photographer)
[B]Any specific models in mind? :not sure
[B]Any specific features u want? :not sure
gugukrez
post Apr 27 2018, 05:16 PM

Enthusiast
939 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Not sure
[B]Budget: RM2,000 - RM5,000
[B]Your Location: Klang Valley
[B]Preferable brand : Not sure
[B]Type of photography u want to do : want to use for travel(preferable those camera use by Wedding photographer)
[B]Any specific models in mind? :not sure
[B]Any specific features u want? :not sure
jason111785
post Apr 28 2018, 06:30 PM

To Eat or Not To Eat
1,203 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Mirrorless
Budget: Below RM2-3K
Type of photography u want to do : Travel photography, night views
Any specific models in mind? : Canon EOS M50 or Sony A6000/6300
Any specific features u want? : Looking for a camera which is not bulky and easy to carry around for travelling purpose and great for photography.. video is secondary.
David900924
post May 1 2018, 04:28 PM

Crypto Master
1,234 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Mirrorless
Budget: RM20k
Your Location: JB/KL
Preferable brand : Sony/Canon
Type of photography u want to do : Photoshoot model and also can use as videography with handheld gimbal
Any specific models in mind? : Sony A7R3
Any specific features u want? : Tilting screen is a must, able to withstand outdoor heat for 1hour. full frame
icecreamcake
post May 6 2018, 02:22 PM

Casual
307 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Compact / Mirrorless
Budget : RM1500~
Preferable brand : Any good brand
Type of photography u want to do : Selfie, Portrait
Any specific models in mind? : Casio ZR5100, Fujifilm X-A10
Any specific features u want? : Not too bulky and tilting screen
Xp3rT
post May 16 2018, 10:09 PM

1,028 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : mirrorless
Budget: RM3k+
Your Location: KL/JB/SG
Type of photography u want to do : Mainly for travel use, and for videography if got budget for gimbal
Any specific models in mind? : Sony A6300 vs Olympus EM10 mk3 vs Lumix GX9 or Fujifilm?
Any specific features u want? : All 3 above have similar features, cant decide which one to pick
lost123
post May 17 2018, 11:27 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : compact
Budget: RM1.2-2k
Type of photography u want to do : Good for family events and taking selfies
Any specific models in mind? : None, open to anything
Any specific features u want? : Must be able to sync wirelessly with a smartphone so can post the pictures directly.

I am actually looking for a camera for my cousin who loves to take selfies and family photos. She is currently using her phone for most of these types of stuff, but quality isnt that great, especially her front facing camera. So i tot it would be good find a good camera which she can bring around and take better quality photos and sync wirelessly with her phone so she can post instantly.
kakumei
post May 18 2018, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Point and shoot camera
Budget: RM2-3.5k
Your Location: Perak
Preferable brand : Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Fujifilm
Type of photography u want to do : Travel, Baby, Kids, Family
Any specific models in mind? : Not really
Any specific features u want? : WIFI, Fast autofocus, good pictures, good for amateur

178 Pages « < 155 156 157 158 159 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:31 AM