Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

°° LYN Honda Insight Owners Thread V5 °°, Support Green | Support Hybrid

views

jtlim98
post Feb 1 2012, 03:06 PM

32 posts

Original(factory set - 98% new) insight mat again for sale.... (was book by jacek but didn't reply back) Cost RM300?? biggrin.gif No coil mat for front and rear as I have given to my brother for his Honda Jazz. Anyone? PM me. Thanks. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Feb 1 2012, 03:22 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
jtlim98
post Feb 12 2012, 09:09 PM

32 posts

Try many many time...buzzer not working for my insight... cry.gif
jtlim98
post Feb 15 2012, 10:25 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(jtlim98 @ Feb 12 2012, 09:09 PM)
Try many many time...buzzer not working for my insight...  cry.gif
Finally it works. I have to open both the passenger door, both the front door and bonnet and try again. It works... rclxms.gif thanks to everyone feedback and thanks to Gadgets2us. biggrin.gif rclxms.gif

Beep Beep....... thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Feb 15 2012, 10:48 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
jtlim98
post Feb 20 2012, 11:40 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(babysmile @ Feb 20 2012, 12:12 AM)
For those who still unsure how to enable the alarm buzzer, check out this video below.

enjoy

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Excellent video. Good job biggrin.gif rclxms.gif

And also remember to try for a few combination like:-
1) driver door open with bonnet open
2) 2 front door open with bonnet open
3) 2 front and 2 back door open with bonnet open

Mine is number 3 in order for the beep sound to work. 1 & 2 fail for me biggrin.gif
jtlim98
post Mar 29 2012, 07:39 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(gadgets2us @ Mar 29 2012, 10:37 AM)
Wonder how much it'll cost to order CRZ's sharkfin antenna and install it tongue.gif
Would look nice. Anyone enquired about it b4?
Try this website. Have to DIY(Insight). Cost USD69 without shipping cost yet. Color can choose. Can ship to Malaysia. Bought mine already(Total USD97 :- tracking, insurance(USD10) and shipping cost to M'sia(USD18)) but haven't install. cry.gif

Installation

Order

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Mar 29 2012, 07:51 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
jtlim98
post Apr 2 2012, 06:20 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(Mr.DC @ Mar 30 2012, 11:46 AM)
Expensive ohhh~~~~
Yes, expensive biggrin.gif but worth it lol~~~~
jtlim98
post Apr 2 2012, 10:38 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(chizzu @ Apr 2 2012, 09:04 PM)
Can take pics of ur car with the sharkfin antenna?
OK but haven't install yet. Soon probably this saturday. Working late... sad.gif

Some quick snapshot from my iphone. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Apr 2 2012, 10:39 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
jtlim98
post Apr 3 2012, 03:51 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(watonk @ Apr 3 2012, 03:08 PM)
Interesting. How much again?

Thinking to DIY from those cheap fin, coil some copper wire in there (as long as the signal comparable to original antenna), and walla! low cost shark fin. tongue.gif
Cost USD69 without shipping cost yet. Color can choose. Can ship to Malaysia. Bought mine already(Total USD97 :- tracking, insurance(USD10) and shipping cost to M'sia(USD18)) - not cheap tongue.gif

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Apr 3 2012, 03:52 PM
jtlim98
post Apr 8 2012, 01:13 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(gadgets2us @ Mar 29 2012, 10:37 AM)
Wonder how much it'll cost to order CRZ's sharkfin antenna and install it tongue.gif
Would look nice. Anyone enquired about it b4?
Try this website. Have to DIY(Insight). Cost USD69 without shipping cost yet. Color can choose. Can ship to Malaysia. Bought mine already(Total USD97 :- tracking, insurance(USD10) and shipping cost to M'sia(USD18)) but haven't install. cry.gif

Installation

Order

QUOTE(chizzu @ Apr 2 2012, 09:04 PM)
Can take pics of ur car with the sharkfin antenna?
Installation complete.... rclxms.gif

Photo attach.. biggrin.gif

But some sacrifice need to trim on the edge to fit nicely for the sharkfin... sad.gif

Attached Image - Sharkfin alone look like

This post has been edited by jtlim98: May 10 2012, 07:39 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
jtlim98
post Apr 8 2012, 01:29 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(chris_tco @ Apr 7 2012, 04:51 PM)
recently found some noise came from dashboard or A-pillar whenever pass by bumpy surface. anyone encounter this before?

Added on April 7, 2012, 8:20 pmhi, anyone purchase parts from Rakuten?

http://global.rakuten.com/en

is it trustable?
Yes, trustable using Paypal for payment. Did bought like LED light, rubber carpet and antenna. biggrin.gif

Added on April 8, 2012, 5:53 pm[quote=mrsafwan,Apr 8 2012, 01:16 PM]
nais...how bout the reception? no difference?

No difference. As good as the original one. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Apr 8 2012, 05:54 PM
jtlim98
post Apr 16 2012, 08:09 PM

32 posts

Now my turn to have wet carpet on the left front and rear seat. Need to check the left firewall rubber.... sad.gif Need to complain to SC in Chan Sow Lin.... Found out when taking out the carpet and found wet at the bottom.
jtlim98
post Apr 16 2012, 11:01 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(babysmile @ Apr 16 2012, 08:15 PM)
@jtlim98

Same problem for me previously... please ask them check the 20 cent size rubber stopper on the left side corner... this will stop the water from coming inside...
OK...thanks. biggrin.gif
jtlim98
post Apr 17 2012, 01:46 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(n00b123 @ Apr 17 2012, 12:35 PM)
Mind to point out exactly which part did you sticked the rubber to fix whistling noise?
I am having difficulty to identify it   icon_question.gif
thanks
Below is the link with picture by watonk. biggrin.gif
Watonk Link - bonnet closure

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Apr 17 2012, 01:48 PM
jtlim98
post Apr 20 2012, 10:33 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(jtlim98 @ Apr 16 2012, 11:01 PM)
OK...thanks.  biggrin.gif
Yes, Finally done. The hole is close. Attach is the photo. rclxms.gif As you can see I have collected the 20 sen plastic cap and forgotten the picture. I have to put back and take again. biggrin.gif A close up photo for the 20 sen plastic cap. smile.gif
No need to go SC. rclxms.gif

Next is the location for the 20 sen plastic cap should be. As you can see the water must be coming from the bonnet flowing down. Some how if the cap is not on, the water will drip in slowly. I will glue it with rubber glue tomorrow while waiting for the carpet to dry... tongue.gif

QUOTE(jtlim98 @ Apr 28 2012, 11:27 PM)
rclxub.gif Not again....SC suspect the same location causing leak. They say too many wire going thru the rubber hole causing the leak. What an explanation. They will silicon it for me free and see how. Need to be white mice again for them to see if it leak or not... cry.gif

QUOTE(jtlim98 @ May 10 2012, 09:10 AM)
Finally after so many days.......no more leak... rclxms.gif biggrin.gif

Attached Image - Leak hole location at behind :- silicon by SC (Tire side) Attached Image - Leak cause wet carpet
Attached Image - Mystery 20 sen plastic cap Attached Image - Mystery plastic cap found when opening carpet
Attached Image - Mystery plastic cap location Attached Image Attached Image - Carpet drying

This post has been edited by jtlim98: May 10 2012, 07:49 PM
jtlim98
post Apr 21 2012, 03:51 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(babysmile @ Apr 21 2012, 08:00 AM)
@kets

Please check various insight owner pictures from this ebay link.

Ebay usa.auto-style

@jtlim98

Thank you so much for getting this 20 cent plastic cap picture. I am not sure is it they cover the plastic cap on that corner. It should be more inside one but I try to check from my place as well. You are indeed another DIY king rather as the Service Center technician to check this.

@alxdc

Thank for the links. I have update to first page section post 3 - Useful Links for Honda Insight.

@All owner of insight

Please try to check Favourite post from LYN INSIGHT member on first page where I have compile most owners have given very informative comments towards this Insight forum. Without you all, we doesn't have so much information on how to fully utilise this lovely Insight. Keep up the great work. If you have any ideas and suggestions are welcome to share it out.

By the mean time to share it, you can be the first one to show off as well. Some have show the accessories done on their Insight, so anyone also can share as well. I try to compile these on the first page so anyone also can find it easily. The most important is How much, Where to get it and How to do it.
Your are right. hmm.gif Check again and found that the hole have foam inside and is dry. ohmy.gif Recheck the wet carpet and found no solution where it is. Even check the top part. Finally when to SC just in case icon_question.gif , luckily my SA is around and not much car servicing. A foreman was there to check the fault and he found it. He show me that the rubber came off or didn't put correctly. He say is very common due to careless of other foreman outside SC. They even use the car wash spray to spray on the bonnet to see whether it will leak or not. After that my SA ....blah blah blah rclxub.gif a lot about doing mod outside will cost this. He even told me that the reverse camera that others do and not properly seal the rubber causing water leak inside the trunk. So insider's be careful rclxms.gif
So my advice to all insight who mod LED or other wiring, please check that the rubber seal that other foreman do does not do the same mistake. biggrin.gif

Attach is the photo thumbup.gif

Water leak again today(28/04/2012). When to SC to do silicon on that hole. Hopefully works. White mice again..... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Apr 28 2012, 11:36 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
jtlim98
post Apr 23 2012, 04:21 PM

32 posts

Anyone installed TPMS(Tire pressure monitoring system)?

Orange TPMS
jtlim98
post Apr 27 2012, 10:23 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(jtlim98 @ Apr 21 2012, 03:51 PM)
Your are right.  hmm.gif  Check again and found that the hole have foam inside and is dry.  ohmy.gif Recheck the wet carpet and found no solution where it is. Even check the top part. Finally when to SC just in case  icon_question.gif , luckily my SA is around and not much car servicing. A foreman was there to check the fault and he found it. He show me that the rubber came off or didn't put correctly. He say is very common due to careless of other foreman outside SC. They even use the car wash spray to spray on the bonnet to see whether it will leak or not. After that my SA ....blah blah blah  rclxub.gif a lot about doing mod outside will cost this. He even told me that the reverse camera that others do and not properly seal the rubber causing water leak inside the trunk. So insider's be careful  rclxms.gif
So my advice to all insight who mod LED or other wiring, please check that the rubber seal that other foreman do does not do the same mistake.  biggrin.gif

Attach is the photo  thumbup.gif
cry.gif Alamak.....carpet still wet...need to send to SC again... cry.gif

@babysmile......you are right......not that location....

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Apr 27 2012, 10:25 PM
jtlim98
post Apr 28 2012, 11:27 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(jtlim98 @ Apr 27 2012, 10:23 PM)
cry.gif  Alamak.....carpet still wet...need to send to SC again...  cry.gif

@babysmile......you are right......not that location....
rclxub.gif Not again....SC suspect the same location causing leak. They say too many wire going thru the rubber hole causing the leak. What an explanation. They will silicon it for me free and see how. Need to be white mice again for them to see if it leak or not... cry.gif

Added on April 28, 2012, 11:38 pm
QUOTE(alxdc @ Apr 28 2012, 11:10 PM)
If 12A battery reading 12.4, the battery is 70% charged and if it is 12.3 and below at engine not running, its a bad battery. Get it recharge or better get a new battery. New battery reading 12.6 to 12.7
Probably voltage stabilizer would help... Mine I install Zaptor and working fine. Look at my youtube link below.... tongue.gif Someone ask whether voltage stabilizer help and I say not really save fuel a lot as it's already hybrid... only stabilize voltage.....12v battery only tongue.gif Not IMA battery... biggrin.gif Hmmm wonder inverter help... very high voltage lol... brows.gif

This post has been edited by jtlim98: Apr 28 2012, 11:46 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
jtlim98
post May 10 2012, 09:10 AM

32 posts

[quote=jtlim98,Apr 28 2012, 11:27 PM]

Finally after so many days.......no more leak... rclxms.gif biggrin.gif

jtlim98
post May 10 2012, 12:17 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(alxdc @ May 10 2012, 10:16 AM)
hm..why is it too many wiring? it is stock or u had modified something that used extra wires to go through the rubber hole?
Is the wire for side skirting LED light. biggrin.gif I still think the rubber got problem since @babysmile having this problem without wiring. smile.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0432sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:53 AM