125 Pages « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

°° LYN Honda Insight Owners Thread V5 °°, Support Green | Support Hybrid

views

kets
post Apr 22 2012, 10:42 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(ezu_din @ Apr 22 2012, 10:34 AM)
first impression...speachless...kinda fall in love all over again since last test drive the car...loved the FC...will try to get the trophy ASAP...hahaha...when driving at night...i think i look at the meter more than at the road...LOL
sweat.gif
Good to hear that!! im getting mine this week.cant hardly wait rclxm9.gif
ezu_din
post Apr 22 2012, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

what color? but right now feel kinda hot...as no tint...already buy 1 tint from groupon...look like a good deals..have a look..
http://www.ilovediscounts.my/kuala-lumpur/...t-installation/
kets
post Apr 22 2012, 01:43 PM

0 posts

Whoa check this out guys especially to the new owners of the FL 2012 insight who is looking for a Mugen bodykit (at the moment in Malaysia, Mugen bodykit is only for 2011 models)

looking bad ass from the front!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
chris_tco
post Apr 22 2012, 02:38 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(kets @ Apr 22 2012, 01:43 PM)
Whoa check this out guys especially to the new owners of the FL 2012 insight who is looking for a Mugen bodykit (at the moment in Malaysia, Mugen bodykit is only for 2011 models)

looking bad ass from the front!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
the spoiler is disaster, esp installed with the tailgate garnish, overdone and doesn't blend in with rear part, maybe the cutting line's degree is too extreme? I still prefer pre-fadelift spoiler, just simple n nice.

but as for the front grille is a break through, quite nice, similar like CRZ; and also rear skirting is a improvement smile.gif

This post has been edited by chris_tco: Apr 23 2012, 09:36 AM
alxdc
post Apr 23 2012, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(gadgets2us @ Apr 3 2012, 06:20 PM)
Experiencing very frequent (every 5-10 minutes of normal drive), almost total drainage of battery (1-2 bar left), to charging up the battery (full bars), within 2-3 minutes of normal drive (not downhill). The battery bars are very unstable, can be full bars, then within 10 seconds drop to 2 bar, also from 2 bars, can be charged straight to full within a few minutes, it wouldn't gradually increase/decrease bar after bar, like it used to be.

When battery is below half, the car totally lack of power. Sluggish drive.

Sent it to SC to check it out, they "formatted" and "reinstalled" new/updated OS in it.
Seems to be ok after that. Don't know bout later.. will update biggrin.gif
QUOTE(gadgets2us @ Apr 13 2012, 10:03 PM)
After updating, no problems on IMA battery charging/discharging. All back to normal like first got the car.  rclxms.gif
Acceleration back to normal, and all seems well now, except for a few "sounds" around the driver vanity mirror/toll card holder thing. Prolly will get that replaced.

No idea what version number is it, as I didn't have a chance to sit beside the technician while he was on his laptop inside my car doing the reformatting. But apparently its a "new" version as claimed.
Jerkiness/shudder I encountered, only on low gear/speeds ard 20-35.. doesn't seem smooth, but after 40-50.. all ok. Unless there's a valid explanation for that and have the solution, I guess I could live with tht.
QUOTE(alxdc @ Apr 14 2012, 09:40 AM)
Weird. I went to Sumber auto P.J. They do not do software update for my 2011Insight unless there is a instruction from Honda Malaysia to perform the update. They say cannot simply update afraid it may cost problem. So they tested my car and say is ok and certain things like jerkiness or shudder during acceleration is normal for insight. Sigh....so I told them that there are ppl updating their software in other branches. But they still do not want to update as lOng no instruction from Hq they cannot do it.
Since Honda is reluctant to upgrade the new software for me,I found a solution to solve this problem.
FORCE RECHARGE. It was advice to do this once every few weeks and if your car is not in use for more than 10 days. It is best to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zowelUHhRJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GCj8GxaGYw

read the comments in the videos

I did it this morning and on my way to work, everything seems to be working fine. No more battery drainage rapidly and the battery indicator on the multi-display show the battery level constantly stay on 5 and 4 bars,then 4 back to 5 bars and even full bar if down hill charge (assuming 6 bars is full bar). Before force recharge, the battery drop from 5 bar to 1 bar rapidly. The Shudder/jerky feeling I was complaining, it seems that it has been reduced to very mile feeling.

This post has been edited by alxdc: Apr 23 2012, 09:14 AM
DaBestOne
post Apr 23 2012, 02:12 PM

-LYN- 6 ★STARS★ Trader
1,329 posts

QUOTE(kets @ Apr 22 2012, 10:42 AM)
Good to hear that!! im getting mine this week.cant hardly wait  rclxm9.gif
congrats bro rclxms.gif
ZeroSP
post Apr 23 2012, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Did any bro with full Mugen kit actually fitted in Supercharger or Turbocharger? That day on KL/Seremban highway there is one white Insight with full kit just keep flashing at people and zoom away...
xtrabite
post Apr 23 2012, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(ZeroSP @ Apr 23 2012, 02:21 PM)
Did any bro with full Mugen kit actually fitted in Supercharger or Turbocharger? That day on KL/Seremban highway there is one white Insight with full kit just keep flashing at people and zoom away...
you should challenge him.. brows.gif
ZeroSP
post Apr 23 2012, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Lol, I am test driving Preve that time... I have routes to follow... Well, good for him/her though, perhaps should just be more considerate on the road.

I am fully aware that there are fully kitted and turbo-ed CRZ too...
jtlim98
post Apr 23 2012, 04:21 PM

32 posts

Anyone installed TPMS(Tire pressure monitoring system)?

Orange TPMS
watonk
post Apr 23 2012, 10:48 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(iphone @ Apr 21 2012, 02:09 PM)
Anyone know where I can redo the front registration no to vertical 2 rows?
Don't quite like the horizontal style.
My approach on the front number plate.
Attached Image
Observe carefully the front plate number position.

Since the OE number plate position overlap between lower grill and center bar (or whatever we call that), I've relocate the plate to the lower grill area. It also protect the aircond condenser/radiator from direct stone hit (the lower grill opening quite wide). I remembered somebody here been hit.

There are 3 screw hole after the relocation. Initially plan to cement the hole but in the end settles with 3 caps.
alxdc
post Apr 23 2012, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(watonk @ Apr 23 2012, 10:48 PM)
My approach on the front number plate.
Attached Image
Observe carefully the front plate number position.

Since the OE number plate position overlap between lower grill and center bar (or whatever we call that), I've relocate the plate to the lower grill area. It also protect the aircond condenser/radiator from direct stone hit (the lower grill opening quite wide). I remembered somebody here been hit.

There are 3 screw hole after the relocation. Initially plan to cement the hole but in the end settles with 3 caps.
the number plate is blocking the air flow into the aircon condencer and radiator. Not healthy for your car. Your water temp will be higher than normal. Not a good idea. If it is a performance car, the car will be over heated.
chris_tco
post Apr 24 2012, 12:38 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(alxdc @ Apr 23 2012, 11:11 PM)
the number plate is blocking the air flow into the aircon condencer and radiator. Not healthy for your car. Your water temp will be higher than normal. Not a good idea. If it is a performance car, the car will be over heated.
+1
Nievk8701
post Apr 24 2012, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(iTrump @ Apr 21 2012, 05:06 PM)
I am using 205/45/16! Initially very regret of choosing the wider size because of very bad FC, shooting to > 6L/100km, but now I am Happy! Result of the bad FC is because of not enough pressure pumped. I tried pump 240(front), 230 (back) psi and now constantly getting <6L/100km for the past month.

But I think 195 50 16 will still be the better size.
i wanted to change my tyre to 195/55/16 but the tyre shop guy say cannot fit on stock rims.... so disappointed.
u guys manage to fit 205/45/16 on stock rims?
chris_tco
post Apr 24 2012, 11:52 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(Nievk8701 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:08 AM)
i wanted to change my tyre to 195/55/16 but the tyre shop guy say cannot fit on stock rims.... so disappointed.
55 might be too big, but 50 so should be okay.
iTrump
post Apr 24 2012, 12:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Nievk8701 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:08 AM)
Yar.. using stock rims.. but some dents only after a year.. thanks to the potholes on road!
watonk
post Apr 24 2012, 02:58 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(alxdc @ Apr 23 2012, 11:11 PM)
Thanks for the concern.

Dont worry the plate holder is floating (not really clear in the picture), enough clearance for air to pass through. The side (left and right) also open.

Regarding raise in temperature, since we didnt have temperature display, i have done some test including study the timing of radiator fan, the duration of the fan, and the timing & duration on the aircond compressor/ high speed fan mode (on specific aircond temperature set). All done when the car warmed-up.

Conclusion: The fan frequency and duration match either plate holder on OE location or relocated according to the picture.

*I tested highspeed (150-160km/h) for 1-2hrs, seems ok. Coz i afraid the plate will deflect air at highspeed.
Almost 6 months no problemo. thumbup.gif
bafukie
post Apr 24 2012, 06:20 PM

Regular
1,406 posts

Anyone on 17 inch yet? Wanna hear some comments b4 I dive in... Thanks
2piece
post Apr 25 2012, 11:28 AM

0 posts

i notice now my IMA battery suddenly drop to empty from full..a lot of recharge during driving now..feel the the car underpower during the recharge...
do i need to reset the IMA at SC..my 20K service already due,plan to do it tis wekend..
alxdc
post Apr 25 2012, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(2piece @ Apr 25 2012, 11:28 AM)
i notice now my IMA battery suddenly drop to empty from full..a lot of recharge during driving now..feel the the car underpower during the recharge...
do i need to reset the IMA at SC..my 20K service already due,plan to do it tis wekend..
I personally don't think is the software problem or reset or update issue. After honda refused to do the reset or update for me (read my previous post), I try looking for answer from the internet and from oversea insight forum and I found the solution. According the the experts from other forum where they have been driving insight since the 1 gen, this happen is because of the IMA battery has deteriorate or having a bad cell. Our car recharge the battery by breaking or downhill drive. But it did not perform a full charge.

It is advisable to perform a full charge on the IMA battery once a month. To do that, perform a FORCE RECHARGE. Check on my previous post. Or Google force recharge honda insight.

QUOTE(gadgets2us @ Apr 3 2012, 06:20 PM)
Experiencing very frequent (every 5-10 minutes of normal drive), almost total drainage of battery (1-2 bar left), to charging up the battery (full bars), within 2-3 minutes of normal drive (not downhill). The battery bars are very unstable, can be full bars, then within 10 seconds drop to 2 bar, also from 2 bars, can be charged straight to full within a few minutes, it wouldn't gradually increase/decrease bar after bar, like it used to be.

When battery is below half, the car totally lack of power. Sluggish drive.

Sent it to SC to check it out, they "formatted" and "reinstalled" new/updated OS in it.
Seems to be ok after that. Don't know bout later.. will update biggrin.gif
QUOTE(gadgets2us @ Apr 13 2012, 10:03 PM)
After updating, no problems on IMA battery charging/discharging. All back to normal like first got the car.  rclxms.gif
Acceleration back to normal, and all seems well now, except for a few "sounds" around the driver vanity mirror/toll card holder thing. Prolly will get that replaced.

No idea what version number is it, as I didn't have a chance to sit beside the technician while he was on his laptop inside my car doing the reformatting. But apparently its a "new" version as claimed.
Jerkiness/shudder I encountered, only on low gear/speeds ard 20-35.. doesn't seem smooth, but after 40-50.. all ok. Unless there's a valid explanation for that and have the solution, I guess I could live with tht.
QUOTE(alxdc @ Apr 14 2012, 09:40 AM)
Weird. I went to Sumber auto P.J. They do not do software update for my 2011Insight unless there is a instruction from Honda Malaysia to perform the update. They say cannot simply update afraid it may cost problem. So they tested my car and say is ok and certain things like jerkiness or shudder during acceleration is normal for insight. Sigh....so I told them that there are ppl updating their software in other branches. But they still do not want to update as lOng no instruction from Hq they cannot do it.
QUOTE(alxdc @ Apr 23 2012, 09:14 AM)
Since Honda is reluctant to upgrade the new software for me,I found a solution to solve this problem.
FORCE RECHARGE. It was advice to do this once every few weeks and if your car is not in use for more than 10 days. It is best to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zowelUHhRJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GCj8GxaGYw

read the comments in the videos

I did it this morning and on my way to work, everything seems to be working fine. No more battery drainage rapidly and the battery indicator on the multi-display show the battery level constantly stay on 5 and 4 bars,then 4 back to 5 bars and even full bar if down hill charge (assuming 6 bars is full bar). Before force recharge, the battery drop from 5 bar to 1 bar rapidly. The Shudder/jerky feeling I was complaining, it seems that it has been reduced to very mile feeling.

125 Pages « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0276sec    0.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:52 PM