RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Deduction for EPF and SOCSO, For Part-Timers

hfz
post Jan 17 2012, 08:20 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hi everyone smile.gif

I'm still blur about the deductions for EPF and SOCSO. I'm 18 (just finished my SPM), and currently working part time. And I've been informed that my pay will be deducted for EPF and SOCSO contribution.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I remember from what I've learnt in Economics during my SPM years, one should be exactly 18 years old and above, to be qualified for the deduction, which if my age counted mathematically, I'm still 17 as I was born in November.

And if I'm really qualified, to get my pay deducted, what's the current deduction percentages both for EPF and SOCSO?

Thanks folks! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
XcappuccinoX
post Jan 17 2012, 08:41 AM

QUOTE(hfz @ Jan 17 2012, 08:20 AM)
Hi everyone smile.gif

I'm still blur about the deductions for EPF and SOCSO. I'm 18 (just finished my SPM), and currently working part time. And I've been informed that my pay will be deducted for EPF and SOCSO contribution.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I remember from what I've learnt in Economics during my SPM years, one should be exactly 18 years old and above, to be qualified for the deduction, which if my age counted mathematically, I'm still 17 as I was born in November.

And if I'm really qualified, to get my pay deducted, what's the current deduction percentages both for EPF and SOCSO?

Thanks folks! smile.gif
11% for Employee/ 12% for Employer... this year start should be 13% for employer i think (maybe those HR sifu can clarify more)

However, contribution from Employer can go above 12% on their discretion.

SOCSO for employee insurance, very minimal deduction and is based on a rated table.

+Quote Post
lucifah
post Jan 17 2012, 08:47 AM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(hfz @ Jan 17 2012, 08:20 AM)
Hi everyone smile.gif

Thanks folks! smile.gif
if you are under 18, then you are considered as a minor

however, this doesn't legally exempt you from contributing to EPF and SOCSO if you receive WAGES for services rendered or products sold

EPF is a PLUS for anyone since you get additional 12% (now it's 13%) from your employer. But the benefit is long term as you cannot use the money until you reach matured age of 50 (acc2) / 55 (acc1 + acc2)

SOCSO is just like insurance. You can refer to the rates provided by EPF. The employee contribution is very minimal, but the benefits if shit happens to you while you are working are good.
+Quote Post
kelvin8810
post Jan 17 2012, 08:47 AM

Getting Started

be sure that ur employer did set up account and bank in the EPF and SOCSO to you, some employee very pandai, say will give you but nvr really did.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lucifah
post Jan 17 2012, 08:52 AM

St. Fu
Group Icon

QUOTE(kelvin8810 @ Jan 17 2012, 08:47 AM)
be sure that ur employer did set up account and bank in the EPF and SOCSO to you, some employee very pandai, say will give you but nvr really did.
for EPF, you can check the statement at any EPF kiosk (self service) - but pls make sure you register for EPF yourself first

the SOCSO guys are very rajin - they will do random checks every now and then, and if the employer didn't pay up, the penalty is quite hefty. doesn't worth it for employers to skip the contribution
+Quote Post
vanpersie91
post Jan 17 2012, 08:58 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(kelvin8810 @ Jan 17 2012, 08:47 AM)
better set up acc by urself then giv the number to employee. hwever b4 u start working better do ask whether they'll give EPF contribution
+Quote Post
CrankEd
post Jan 17 2012, 09:09 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(XcappuccinoX @ Jan 17 2012, 08:41 AM)
11% for Employee/ 12% for Employer... this year start should be 13% for employer i think (maybe those HR sifu can clarify more)

However, contribution from Employer can go above 12% on their discretion.

SOCSO for employee insurance, very minimal deduction and is based on a rated table.
+Quote Post
gkl83
post Jan 17 2012, 10:08 AM

I'm not Chinese but I'm Malaysian !!!

perhaps depend what type of part timers?

bcos i think those part time promoters who based on per hour / day / ad-hoc basis wont required for EPF/SOSCO deduction if no signed any employment agreement and stated any deduction from salary...
+Quote Post
zul_n
post Jan 17 2012, 10:36 AM

Casual

QUOTE(vanpersie91 @ Jan 17 2012, 08:58 AM)
better set up acc by urself then giv the number to employee. hwever b4 u start working better do ask whether they'll give EPF contribution
sorry guys, my question might sounds stupid... but let say, if the employer doesn't want to contribute EPF for employee, what can we do for that? Lets assuming we are still not being hired yet...
+Quote Post
vanpersie91
post Jan 17 2012, 11:15 AM

On my way

QUOTE(zul_n @ Jan 17 2012, 10:36 AM)
sorry guys, my question might sounds stupid... but let say, if the employer doesn't want to contribute EPF for employee, what can we do for that? Lets assuming we are still not being hired yet...
depends, if you're asking for full-time job, better look another job offer..
+Quote Post
hfz
post Jan 18 2012, 08:54 PM

Casual

QUOTE(lucifah @ Jan 17 2012, 08:47 AM)

however, this doesn't legally exempt you from contributing to EPF and SOCSO if you receive WAGES for services rendered or products sold

EPF is a PLUS for anyone since you get additional 12% (now it's 13%) from your employer. But the benefit is long term as you cannot use the money until you reach matured age of 50 (acc2) / 55 (acc1 + acc2)

SOCSO is just like insurance. You can refer to the rates provided by EPF. The employee contribution is very minimal, but the benefits if shit happens to you while you are working are good.
Regarding the deduction percentage, can it be lowered down or not for EPF?
By the way, for SOCSO, I don't need to pay anything, the company pay for it.

After counted the supposed-to-be amount of my paycheck, it's supposed to be around RM400+- (I'm happy for it, as for me it's not too low).
But after deducted 11% for it, it's become very less for me. The deduction is way gross for me! D:
+Quote Post
seantang
post Jan 19 2012, 01:31 AM

With Adult Supervision Only

QUOTE(zul_n @ Jan 17 2012, 10:36 AM)
That means they're subcontracting work to you as a freelance contractor, not hiring you as an employee.
+Quote Post
lucifah
post Jan 19 2012, 12:02 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon

QUOTE(hfz @ Jan 18 2012, 08:54 PM)
Regarding the deduction percentage, can it be lowered down or not for EPF?
By the way, for SOCSO, I don't need to pay anything, the company pay for it.

After counted the supposed-to-be amount of my paycheck, it's supposed to be around RM400+- (I'm happy for it, as for me it's not too low).
But after deducted 11% for it, it's become very less for me. The deduction is way gross for me! D:
u sure? the company will deduct your portion for the SOCSO, but its' very minimal

http://www.perkeso.gov.my/downloads/Dokume...l%20Caruman.pdf

as for the EPF, it's stipulated in the employment act - so u can't do anything

This post has been edited by lucifah: Jan 19 2012, 12:04 PM
+Quote Post
sojiroseta
post Jan 30 2012, 03:26 PM

The Tenken

QUOTE(lucifah @ Jan 17 2012, 08:47 AM)

So that's how the EPF and SOCSO work.Manage to get more knowledge.smile.gif
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1661sec    2.87    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:55 PM