Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Remove credit card info from Groupon

views

TSjanszmatt
post Jan 5 2012, 05:45 PM, updated 12y ago

Casual
350 posts

Hi,

I just realised that groupon saved my credit card info. But I do not remember giving them the permission to do so.

Anyway, I wanna remove it from Groupon now and I've tried to look for the 'Remove' option but cant find any.

P/s: there wasn't any additional security when i clicked pay with my save credit card. The purchase was immediately made.
nghj
post Jan 5 2012, 05:50 PM

Regular
1,788 posts

you have to email them to ask them to remove it.
dexterhau
post Jan 5 2012, 05:53 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(janszmatt @ Jan 5 2012, 05:45 PM)
Hi,

I just realised that groupon saved my credit card info. But I do not remember giving them the permission to do so.

Anyway, I wanna remove it from Groupon now and I've tried to look for the 'Remove' option but cant find any.

P/s: there wasn't any additional security when i clicked pay with my save credit card. The purchase was immediately made.
Me too facing the same problem. I called them up and scolded them for saving my Credit Card Info without my permission. They terus clear off my Credit Card Info and said that the server will not save any more of my credit card info. Guess they have set autoSaveCreditCardInfo = false for my account. Thank god. Felt so unsafe...
se7en
post Jan 5 2012, 05:55 PM

resistance is futile
Group Icon
Admin
1,806 posts

According to the faq http://groupon.my/faq

Does Groupon store my credit card information?
No, we dont. Groupon does not have access to your credit card details at all. While it seems like it is stored in your account, it is actually placed in the highly secure Adyen electronic vault. This is to ease the purchasing process for you, so that shopping on Groupon would be convenient.

Does Groupon have access to our credit card details?
At no point would any Groupon staff (or even Adyen staff) has access to your credit card details - it is highly encrypted and locked from view, just like the payment details for millions of other Groupon customers around the world. The only information available to us to view would be the type of card (Visa or Master) - something to help us identify the type of card you use in order to ease refunds, if any.

I am still uncomfortable with my credit card info being stored - whether with Groupon or with your payment gateway. What can I do?
While we try to move towards global standards, we totally understand how some customers may not prefer to have their payment method saved in the system - and would prefer paying the manual way instead. If this is something you wish, you could always write to us with your account email address to request a permanent removal. We will immediately disable your accounts feature to keep your credit card details.

We still think its not right to store the credit card info, especially if its a 3rd party provider. Could you provide us some screenshots to look into this further?
TSjanszmatt
post Jan 5 2012, 06:40 PM

Casual
350 posts

The link of my complaint on their facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/grouponmy/posts/318885934808965

This is not right, all international payment gateways allow users to manually remove their info without the hassle of going through emails.

I can just simply pass my password to a 6 year old and he/she can login and buy anything.

This post has been edited by janszmatt: Jan 5 2012, 06:41 PM
xiaoluo
post Feb 3 2012, 09:58 AM

20 posts

I just found out Groupon save my cc info today too... =.=" damn it I never authorized them to store my cc info. And can't find the option to remove it manually.

Some more when make payment there is no any extra verification with me. =.=" It really makes my felt insecure instead of convenient.

Called their customer service and got this removed. Their reason is because Groupon is US based company and people in US felt convenient to save cc info with Groupon.............. =.=" no comment....
TSjanszmatt
post Feb 3 2012, 08:19 PM

Casual
350 posts

every single groupon customers who paid with a credit card are victims. I think it's legally wrong for them to do such a thing, moreover without an option for us to immediately remove our cc info. Can anyone with knowledge of law advise here?
ibnuasad
post Feb 4 2012, 02:54 PM

A screw is not a screw until you screw it!
558 posts

lol..I just found out today also. Sending them an email now!
maxpudding
post Feb 6 2012, 12:28 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

Fuhh luckily i used bank transfer payment method

Good luck to all of you btw
TSjanszmatt
post Feb 6 2012, 12:41 PM

Casual
350 posts

removing our credit card data is easy, just email them. But what irks me are the number of people who are unaware that they're keeping the data, not only the credit card number but name and also address.
mashiro
post Apr 5 2012, 04:04 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(janszmatt @ Feb 6 2012, 12:41 PM)
removing our credit card data is easy, just email them. But what irks me are the number of people who are unaware that they're keeping the data, not only the credit card number but name and also address.
it happened to me too... i called Groupon and they said they keep our credit card no to avoid hassle during payment.
the problem now is... i hit But Now twice cuz wondering is the payment done yet and now it charged me twice. Demmit!
TSjanszmatt
post Apr 5 2012, 11:32 PM

Casual
350 posts

We should create a petition to get their attention or something. I actually dont mind having companies to keep our credit card info, but at least inform us before hand and provide us an option to remove the info when needed.

Screw Groupon
lohmaikai
post Apr 5 2012, 11:37 PM

Casual
493 posts

same thing happened to me.
just give them a call they will remove it right away.
vin_ann
post Apr 6 2012, 10:31 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

omg.
thanks for the topic.

I'm going to check it out!
YomiEe
post Jun 4 2012, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

omg.. i didnt know about this.. will check my groupon account
yiyibrowers
post Jun 4 2012, 10:09 PM

Enthusiast
751 posts

I had kena it before.. They saved my cc details and I need emailed them regarding it. I had highlighted the issue with them regarding it. They still give the same answer but mine time is German high security so its safe and convince me to save my cc details until I insist to remove it.

This post has been edited by yiyibrowers: Jun 4 2012, 10:10 PM
TSjanszmatt
post Jun 6 2012, 12:08 AM

Casual
350 posts

yea but they cant convince us that when we lose our passwords to theft and we'll still be safe.
zul_n
post Jun 6 2012, 09:50 AM

Casual
461 posts

Guys, noob here... how to check on this? what is the option/button to check where they store the information?
SUSzhenye89
post Jun 6 2012, 02:20 PM

5 posts

groupon best
Human Nature
post Aug 13 2012, 08:09 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

Hi, will groupon save our banking data/info when we pay using direct transfer from M2U? Tq

Added on August 13, 2012, 8:10 pm
QUOTE(yiyibrowers @ Jun 4 2012, 10:09 PM)
I had kena it before.. They saved my cc details and I need emailed them regarding it. I had highlighted the issue with them regarding it. They still give the same answer but mine time is German high security so its safe and convince me to save my cc details until I insist to remove it.
Where to check whether they store the info or not?

This post has been edited by Human Nature: Aug 13 2012, 08:10 PM
cutejams2004
post Aug 14 2012, 01:20 PM

~Not Who U Think I Am~
941 posts

oh no, gotta check my account again
madeleine_1406
post Aug 15 2012, 12:25 AM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(cutejams2004 @ Aug 13 2012, 09:20 PM)
oh no,  gotta check my account again
neither me too.got alert from here
westthen
post Aug 15 2012, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,654 posts

how do i know if i have my information stored? i logged in just now couldn't find any of the information in my account area
lIAmLegendl
post Feb 24 2021, 06:11 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

To avoid hassle my ass, what a load of crap, I’m always skeptical when it comes to these things.. I find companies that practice this kind of stuff to be shady..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:23 PM