Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Jayacom is bad ... Dont buy from them, faulty products third time and no refund

views

stanleysum
post Mar 19 2015, 01:19 AM

Casual
318 posts

i was planning to go jayacom too by end of this month. Need seriously consider first before making any purchase from them.
Hao Ren
post Mar 19 2015, 02:19 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

I made friend with one of the staff there when I build my rig nov last year, and get lowest price than I can get from any other places. And since then (almost every day now I went to lowyat for stuff) I befriend with that guy.

I'm always an optimist kind. When I first went to LYP with my bestfriend, initially he say "don't go la.. they look not that friendly" to almost every places, then I say "nah, they might be busy and tired.. see, so many customers around how they want to answer you" but we still went there cuz I pull him and that's how I got my rig.

Honestly ah, I always see people come with uninterested face, and all but hoping for best out.

Really?

Honestly, if you ask nicely they will answer nicely, no matter what place you go. Don't forget to always smile even you're having a bad day, magic will show you the way smile.gif
Kaka23
post Mar 29 2015, 10:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,251 posts

I will always smile....
canonismylife
post Apr 6 2015, 05:46 PM

17 posts

I just buy the speaker form Jayacom Plaza Imbi.

Buy 1 week before GST and found the speaker is damaged.Come to their shop (after GST start) to claim warranty and they said need to pay 6% for GST if want to change new one.

The cashier amoi said " Semua sistem baru maaa... "

Any idea?
a_capybara
post Aug 2 2015, 06:18 AM

28 posts

Going to have to leave this here because they sold me a crate of lemons not hardware:

- WD harddisk came with errors out of the box. Fixed after a full format.
- Gigabyte mobo LAN port died 2-3 months into use. They didn't accept returns via courier so I gave up and used a PCI ethernet card.
- MSI Geforce 560 GTX got hit by nVidia's card destroying drivers. Tried to RMA it and they refused unless the problems were consistently reproducible. Today it dies spectacularly exactly one month after warranty ends with heavy artifacting at boot. Gave 'em a call and got what I expected to hear : "buy a new one".
MR.Jellyfish
post Aug 8 2015, 09:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,544 posts

maybe it's your luck, I bought from them and so far so good nothing broken
El Tigre
post Aug 23 2015, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

hmm.... so which is the best. any suggestion?
xjia
post Sep 3 2015, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

thanks noted
SUSMatrix
post Sep 3 2015, 05:42 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(a_capybara @ Aug 2 2015, 06:18 AM)
Going to have to leave this here because they sold me a crate of lemons not hardware:

- Gigabyte mobo LAN port died 2-3 months into use. They didn't accept returns via courier so I gave up and used a PCI ethernet card.
- MSI Geforce 560 GTX got hit by nVidia's card destroying drivers. Tried to RMA it and they refused unless the problems were consistently reproducible. Today it dies spectacularly exactly one month after warranty ends with heavy artifacting at boot. Gave 'em a call and got what I expected to hear : "buy a new one".
So far i have no problems:
1) HDD can't blame retailers. Your luck.
2) You out station? Deswei buy local lah. This is not online shopping.
3) Same as 2.

For 2 and 3, you should send it back to them personally. Sure can RMA.

I think other shops don't accept courier either, unless it's an online shopping portal or seller.
wodenus
post Sep 3 2015, 06:40 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(a_capybara @ Aug 2 2015, 06:18 AM)

Sell it to someone local on Garage Sales. You can get quite a good price if you have the original packaging and receipt. He can then return it for a replacement and get what amounts to a new board with a steep discount smile.gif

rockstarhai
post Sep 7 2015, 05:03 PM

44 posts

Long time lurker and after i read this thread I decided to share my experience with you.

I wanted to change my casing so I decided to purchase it from JayaCom in digital mall. I asked them to help me move all my hardware to the new one and also to clean up the dust from the motherboard, graphic card, etc for an additional service charge. Before that I started up my PC to prove to them that it was working fine.

What happened was after the cleaning, I tried it again and this time it didn't start up. The worker panicked and tried several times and checked if everything is connected properly. After he removed the casing again to check he found out that the processor was damaged.

I talked to the manager at the shop and he when he replied me he looked so cocky. He said it's definitely not his fault, and he will never refund anything to me. He gave me the impression that he can't be bothered about what happened, and he told me that it's either I replace the processor or I can just pay for the casing and leave. I didn't even ask to be refunded in the first place, I wanted to know what can be done to fix and find out happened. Instead, this is the first thing he said to me.

I didn't want to make a scene so I paid for a new processor and get them to change it. I told myself I'll never ever go back there again.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:25 PM