Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

insurance for baby, any recommendation

views

raph
post Dec 18 2011, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(Kasumie @ Dec 18 2011, 01:45 PM)
what i meant was, when i buy this AIA medical card, does it cover the first 4 months starting from the date i bought the policy?

coz great eastern does not cover the first 4 mths for the first time i buy the medical card, meaning for the 1st year, i pay for one year premium but the coverage starts only at the 5th month. its called 'waiving period' (not sure is it how it is spelled)
oh you mean waiting period.
ok for waiting period:
- 30 days for hospitalization or surgery due to all other illnesses
- 30 days for Out-patient Kidney Dialysis Treatment
- 60 days for Out-patient Cancer Treatment
- 120 days for treatment of surgery due to tonsils, adenoids, hernia or a disease related to
the female generative organs
- no waiting period for accident caused.

transit
post Dec 18 2011, 10:55 PM

Casual
360 posts

Waiting Period of 120 days for Specified Illnesses is standard exclusions for Life insurers(players) in Malaysia. It is applicable to AIA, ING, PRU, GE, Allianz, HLA. U may check it out in their product's brochure.

ING Medical IMPlus Premium Table per age group.
Attached Image

TSKasumie
post Dec 19 2011, 12:10 AM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(transit @ Dec 18 2011, 10:55 PM)
Waiting Period of 120 days for Specified Illnesses is standard exclusions for Life insurers(players) in Malaysia. It is applicable to AIA, ING, PRU, GE, Allianz, HLA. U may check it out in their product's brochure.

ING Medical IMPlus Premium Table per age group.
Attached Image
What differs the cashless n non cashless ?
transit
post Dec 19 2011, 12:16 AM

Casual
360 posts

CASHLESS - It is a kind of health insurance policy, which allows you to get treatment at a hospital (hospitalization, surgery, or both depending on the kind of policy) without having to pay for it at the hospital. Subject to Co-Insurance of different plan.

NON CASHLESS: Policyholder pay the total H & S bill to the hospital first during discharging and reimburse back from insurers with all claim documents/receipts/medical reports submission. Policyholder may need to wait for 30days for claim approval and cheque payment from the company.
transit
post Dec 19 2011, 11:47 AM

Casual
360 posts

Example of Specified Illnesses exclusion in first 120 days.

AXA Life Insurers - Specified Illnesses as stated below occurring during the first 120 days of continuous cover:

a) Hypertension, diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease
b) All tumours, cancers, cysts, nodules, polyps, stones of the urinary system and biliary system
c) All ear, nose (including sinuses) and throat conditions
d) Hernias, haemorrhoids, fistulae, hydrocele, varicocele
e) Endometriosis including disease of the reproduction system
f) Vertebro-spinal disorders (including disc) and knee conditions

PRU Life Insurers - Specified Illnesses occurring during the first 120 days of continuous cover for:
a. Hypertension, diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease
b. All tumours, cancers, cysts, nodules, polyps, stones of the urinary system and
biliary system
c. All ear, nose (including sinuses) and throat conditions
d. Hernias, haemorrhoids, fistulae, hydrocele, varicocele
e. Endometriosis including disease of the reproduction system
f. Vertebro-spinal disorders (including disc) and knee conditions

ING MediPlus imposes 120 days exclusion on the following conditions:-
. Hypertension, diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease
. Hernias, haemorrhoids, fistulae, hydrocele, varicocele
. All tumours, cancers, cysts, nodules, polyps, stones of the urinary system and
biliary system
. Endometriosis including disease of the reproduction system
. All ear, nose (including sinuses) and throat conditions
. Vertebro-spinal disorders (including disc) and knee conditions

That is example...more or alike the same specified illnesses.
mamaraye
post Jan 13 2012, 09:57 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(raph @ Dec 18 2011, 12:51 PM)
usually min for investment linked is RM1200 per year. but it also depend on payor info such as age, smoking or not and occpation..
i just signed for Prudential - PRU early start, cost 2400/year, you can sign for unborn baby as 18 weeks until 35 weeks, it cover medical card & insurance for 25 years.
transit
post Jan 13 2012, 10:37 PM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(mamaraye @ Jan 13 2012, 09:57 PM)
i just signed for Prudential - PRU early start, cost 2400/year, you can sign for unborn baby as 18 weeks until 35 weeks, it cover medical card & insurance for 25 years.
Prumychild plan Basic Life/TPD should cover up to age of 100 already. (instead of 25 years). Once your child achieve age of 25, the policyholder's ownership will be transferred to his/her own name. The medical card age coverage is having 3 options (70, 80 or 100 years old), no longer cover up to age of 25 years old.

Currently Policyholder is under mother's name; life assured is your child. (for prenatal case) If new born baby after 30 days get insured, then life assured will be his/her name as per registered in Malaysian IC.

raph
post Jan 17 2012, 01:37 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(mamaraye @ Jan 13 2012, 09:57 PM)
medical card for unborn baby? how is that possible?
transit
post Jan 17 2012, 08:05 AM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(raph @ Jan 17 2012, 01:37 AM)
medical card for unborn baby? how is that possible?
Why not? I have several Prumychild case whom mommy still in pregnancy in between week 18 to 35. I have once case rushing at last minute in week 34 get approved in week 35.

TSKasumie
post Jan 17 2012, 01:28 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(transit @ Jan 13 2012, 10:37 PM)
Prumychild plan Basic Life/TPD should cover up to age of 100 already. (instead of 25 years). Once your child achieve age of 25, the policyholder's ownership will be transferred to his/her own name. The medical card age coverage is having 3 options (70, 80 or 100 years old), no longer cover up to age of 25 years old.

Currently Policyholder is under mother's name; life assured is your child. (for prenatal case) If new born baby after 30 days get insured, then life assured will be his/her name as per registered in Malaysian IC.
Wondering how much is this plan? Then when baby is born, the coverage continues? What does it cover during pregnancy time?
raph
post Jan 17 2012, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

i mean, how unborn child using medical card?

how to save a life
post Jan 17 2012, 04:44 PM

nayeon ♥♥♥♥♥
830 posts

have u tried allianz?
transit
post Jan 17 2012, 05:36 PM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(Kasumie @ Jan 17 2012, 01:28 PM)
Wondering how much is this plan? Then when baby is born, the coverage continues? What does it cover during pregnancy time?
Please find out more details from ur PRU servicing agent on the quotation.
For the coverage, please refer to the link

Prumychildhttp://www2.prudential.com.my/corp/prudential_en_my/solutions/child/PMCPESPBS.html

Added on January 17, 2012, 5:39 pm
QUOTE(raph @ Jan 17 2012, 03:34 PM)
i mean, how unborn child using medical card?
You may find out more description from http://www2.prudential.com.my/export/sites...lystart_eng.pdf

This post has been edited by transit: Jan 17 2012, 05:39 PM
blogger_sk
post Jan 18 2012, 10:54 AM

3 posts

For your information, there is a good way to save more on babies (1-6 years old).
As you know, the insured (1-6 years old) is expensive if purchased medical card from any insurance company.
You can always try to subscribe a non-cashless medical card during (1-6 years) and attached to a 3 generation plan
as a basic for your child education fund. Once after 6, switch back to cashless mode.
(remarks : you can always have credit card solution for medical fees on prepaid, and claim from insurance company
is very efficiency -- of course you need a good service agent)

QUOTE(transit @ Jan 17 2012, 05:36 PM)
Please find out more details from ur PRU servicing agent on the quotation.
For the coverage, please refer to the link

Prumychildhttp://www2.prudential.com.my/corp/prudential_en_my/solutions/child/PMCPESPBS.html

Added on January 17, 2012, 5:39 pm

You may find out more description from http://www2.prudential.com.my/export/sites...lystart_eng.pdf
Mackiddo
post Feb 3 2012, 12:58 AM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

i'm just curious. Non of your company provide or at least sponsor medical insurance for your spouse and kids ? Mine sponsor almost 70% of the hospitalization plan premium (AIA) for my kids till 18 years old.
premier123
post Jan 15 2013, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Just to bring back this topic again...I'm currently looking for pre-birth insurance for my baby-coming-soon and have found out both Prudential and Allianz have it. I have yet to hear about the Prudential plan from an agent

Any parents bought before? Any thoughts to share?
roystevenung
post Jan 16 2013, 07:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,173 posts

QUOTE(premier123 @ Jan 15 2013, 03:50 PM)
Just to bring back this topic again...I'm currently looking for pre-birth insurance for my baby-coming-soon and have found out both Prudential and Allianz have it. I have yet to hear about the Prudential plan from an agent

Any parents bought before? Any thoughts to share?
Hi there, as you may already know, insurance is all about protection.

When it comes to getting medical insurance for newborn babies previously we need to wait until the baby is 2 weeks old. After 2 weeks, we can get the baby insured, provided that the baby is born healthy, with sufficient height and weight, full term (not premature) and without any complications.

However, if the baby is born with complications, for example hole in the heart and requires to be ICUed at such tender age, the hospital bill will be eating into our budget because most parents only plan to have healthy babies, not otherwise.

Should the baby is born with complications, sadly the medical insurance will be declined.

Secondly, do remember that even if your wife has medical insurance, it is for her own coverage and not the baby. Almost all basic insurance plans does not cover pregnancy complications.

This is where Prudential aims to bridge the gap, during pregnancy till child birth. The plan is called PRUearly start and PRUbest start.

See below

This post has been edited by roystevenung: Jan 16 2013, 08:03 PM
roystevenung
post Jan 16 2013, 08:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,173 posts

QUOTE(Kasumie @ Jan 17 2012, 01:28 PM)
Kasumie, while we are not medical doctors, for PRUbest start the plan covers 10 congenital illness while PRUearly start covers Anal Atresia, Congenital Cataract and Congenital Deafness.

For PRUearly start it is in the range of RM 250, while PRUbest start range from RM 450~RM 500 per month. For both plans you need to maintain the premium for at least 2 years. After the 2 years, you are free to utilize the premium or just leave it there to generate the cash value faster.

A normal plan without PRUbest/early start ranges from RM 100~RM 150. However if the baby is born with medical condition, the medical insurance will be decline.

The brochure for PRUearly & PRUbest start can be found Here

The congenital conditions is best explained with pictures and reading material. Do click on the photos on the links to understand the medical conditions for babies.

1. Anal Atresia
2. Atrial Septal Defect
3. Congenital Cataract (blindness)
4. Congenital Deafness
5. Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
6. Infantile Hydrocephalus
7. Tetralogy of Fallot
8. Transposition of Great Vessels
9. Truncus Arteriosus
10. Ventricular Septal Defect

This post has been edited by roystevenung: Jan 16 2013, 08:02 PM
cattylove
post Jan 17 2013, 12:00 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

I need a cashless medical card for my 2 months old son.. What is the best offer for him
cybersim2
post Jan 17 2013, 10:13 AM

Casual
495 posts

Anyone know with RM150/month premium, what is the maximum protection a baby can get ? Inclusive of medical card, critical illness for kid, education, life + investment link ?

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0263sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:09 PM