Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Huawei HG8240 GPON/EPON FTTH ONU, Alt solution to use non-VLAN Router

views

leezhijiang
post Nov 8 2018, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

Hi, it's story time.

1. I SSH into the BTU to try all the possible commands and retrieved whatever information that is possible, and also wish to reset the BTU so I can configure my own without getting the ONU password in the first place.

2. I use restore manufacture and reset command to reset the BTU

3. The BTU is now empty and I used the default username and password to login to BTU. Just realized oh shit, I don't have the ONU password and I can't do anything without that. I called 100 explained until my saliva dry, they don't know what 7 is ONU password / authentication or even xml configurations.

4. I saw the ticket is assigned to a technician with his name, but until evening he didn't call me yet. I dig him out on Facebook and asked him. He provided me the ONU password and confirm with me if it's working. Yes, it's working, he was relieved as he do not have to come over.

5. I entered the ONU password, Internet was restored. Not satisfied as I was locked out.

6. SSH in once again and change some settings, When I entered the ONU password I was locked out again but couldn't connect to Internet Tried to do a port scan using Nmap. Oh great port 22/23,80,443,21 are all filtered, only port 53 is opened.

7. Now I have learned that the ONU will apply configurations to BTU automatically when a correct ONU password is inserted, all the changes are exactly the reversed

HTTP Enabled > disabled
SSH Enabled > disabled
FTTP Enabled > disabled
Telnet enabled > disabled

leezhijiang
post Nov 9 2018, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(thankyou @ Nov 9 2018, 01:24 PM)
Try to open up the the case and check if you can identify the serial console terminal. I think that's the last chance...
Just open up a report. when technician called u just ask I just want the ONU password only

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:34 PM