Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Huawei HG8240 GPON/EPON FTTH ONU, Alt solution to use non-VLAN Router

views

junclj
post Apr 5 2016, 11:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

Hi TS, I got a order job sheet with all the passwords provided my the TM Technician. However, I never access into my BTU. My BTU is Acatel Lucent I240G-T. I am deciding to buy a custom GPON from taobao. First reason is because I can't access to the TM stock BTU. Second reason is, my Unifi advance 30mbps only get 28mbps. I am suspected that my BTU was capped the download speed by the QoS setting.

I am deciding to buy a Huawei HG8240F, this is a GPON ONT, support both SIP and H248. I am now placing order with this product and wait for Taobao forwarder agents to confirm my order at tomorrow. Will this ONT support Unifi? What are the important things I need to do on the settings if I don't have backup from any same model xml?

I need to do more research and set it myself. At least I got a copy of order job sheet with a full list of my Unifi ID password, Hypptv and residential password. I also read through many posts from above to understand that Unifi is support SIP. I was also know that Unifi is a GPON type broadband.

This post has been edited by junclj: Apr 5 2016, 11:31 PM
junclj
post Apr 6 2016, 11:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(amirsubhi @ Apr 6 2016, 08:41 AM)
Doesnt work as your current BTU is ALU
I never decide to backup my current BTU xml to restore into that Huawei ONT, I just want to buy a new ONT to try my luck to do my brand new settings. Just price RM150 only not expensive also. If failed to connect then just throw it, nothing lost. I still got my TM BTU there. However, I will try my best to Google everyday until I find a great tutorial to do that Unifi custom setting at one day later.

At least I know that TM BTU was bridged and DHCP disabled. Just like last time I was set my streamyx modem as bridge mode, then I set my D-Link router with streamyx ID/password. I plug my LAN cable to WAN socket at the back of my router. I disable the DHCP of the router to let all my devices connect directly to my modem. My router IP access was blocked, I have to press the reset pin to reset my router to reconnect my router through my PC.

This post has been edited by junclj: Apr 6 2016, 11:05 AM
junclj
post Apr 6 2016, 11:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(amirsubhi @ Apr 6 2016, 11:13 AM)
double posted,
Thanks for advice, I was replaced to Alcatel Lucent I240E-P. Not sure whether it's same like the TM I240G-T.

Found this ALU I240E. The back side looks quite similar to the TM BTU but not sure what does SFU mean.

This post has been edited by junclj: Apr 6 2016, 01:05 PM
junclj
post Nov 1 2018, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

removed

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 8 2018, 11:33 AM
junclj
post Nov 8 2018, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

ok, a technician who is expert in networking was told me that it's doesn't matter no matter I replace to which brand or model of BTU (GPON ONU) as long as I have the ONU password. So I was asked the technician about which is the ONU password and he was told me that which is a 6-digit residence voice password. Which is the password of our Unifi +60xxxxxxxx voice call.

I am currently using Alcatel Lucent I-240G-T. Due to a guy in previous post was misled me and told me to buy only the same brand and model. In the end, I was ended up fail to configure the Alcatel Lucent GPON which I was bought from China before because the modem is not user friendly and I don't have knowledge to access this crap China Alcatel Lucent modem.

So now I am now ordered a Huawei HG8240 from China, the GPON modem is still on the way of delivery. So if I no reply in this post or make feedback in a new post after two weeks that's mean my plan was failed. So I won't make any noise in here again. I will create a new post in lowyat to share out my experience if my configuration on this HG8240 is successfully to connect to Unifi FTTH.

The Huawei HG8240 that I was bought is a GPON modem router, meaning that, if I don't want to use this modem as router, I need to bridge it to LAN1 in order to connect it to my Asus router.

Attached Image

There got 3 ways to access this modem router, first method is through NMS, second method is through OLT CLI, third method is the simplest one, through web page. So the settings in here looks promising to bridge for this HG8240.
Bridge mode settings:
VLAN ID: 500 (Should be normal internet access)
Multicast VLAN ID: 600 (what is multicast VLAN ID, I just search in google which mean multicast stream, so I guess is IPTV)

Attached Image

Besides that, I was read back from the old posts back to year 2010. Many of the forumers who were discussed about the configuration of VOIP.

The settings are usually doing like the following:
number: +60xxxxxxxx (unifi phone number)
login ID: +60xxxxxxxx@ims.tm.com.my
password: 6xxxxx (6-digit pw of Unifi residence voice)
primary proxy address: 10.225.0.1
primary proxy port: 5060
proxy address: ims.tm.com.my
proxy port: 5060
domain: ims.tm.com.my
VLAN ID VOIP: 400

here are the compulsory settings so far I get from previous old posts.

So it should looks promising to configure this HG8240
Attached Image

Attached Image

In the end, the ONT authentication part. This part should more struggle to me but the technician which I was asked for was told me that as long as I just need to insert the ONU password.

I not so sure about this part, if I really can just to insert ONU password in here or just to leave it blank? So after two weeks later I will not post feedback if my configuration was failed.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 8 2018, 11:57 AM
junclj
post Nov 8 2018, 02:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(miloaisdino @ Nov 8 2018, 01:48 PM)
been watched in here but not the 6 digit residence voice password. He was type more than 6 digits. So confusing about this part. Not sure what should I type already, refers back to my Unifi order job sheet but don't have password with 10 digits in there.

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 8 2018, 02:14 PM
junclj
post Nov 9 2018, 12:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(miloaisdino @ Nov 8 2018, 05:47 PM)
u have to login into your existing btu web interface /telnet to retrieve the onu password. Thankfully there is no sn auth. Same should go for voip, remember to provision a separate vlan 400 interface for that, password should be different and found using inspect element
So sad for Alcatel Lucent I-240G-T, tried to telnet 192.168.1.251 but not able to login. TM was completely hide this BTU IP address. I was read and watched the tutorial from some of the technician, probably they are working in TM before. They just ask us to reset this BTU is the only way to get login to this BTU via telnet.

There have an option to "retrieve SLID" inside the telnet and the login ID for this BTU is CRAFTSPERSON & password ALC#FGU but I still can't telnet to the given IP of this BTU unless I have no choice to reset this BTU completely.

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 9 2018, 12:45 AM
junclj
post Nov 9 2018, 01:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(leezhijiang @ Nov 8 2018, 09:41 PM)
Hi, it's story time.

1. I SSH into the BTU to try all the possible commands and retrieved whatever information that is possible, and also wish to reset the BTU so I can configure my own without getting the ONU password in the first place.

2. I use restore manufacture and reset command to reset the BTU

3. The BTU is now empty and I used the default  username and password to login to BTU. Just realized oh shit, I don't have the ONU password and I can't do anything without that. I called 100 explained until my saliva dry, they don't know what 7 is ONU password / authentication or even xml configurations.

4. I saw the ticket is assigned to a technician with his name, but until evening he didn't call me yet. I dig him out on Facebook and asked him. He provided me the ONU password and confirm with me if it's working. Yes, it's working, he was relieved as he do not have to come over.

5. I entered the ONU password, Internet was restored. Not satisfied as I was locked out.

6. SSH in once again and change some settings, When I entered the ONU password I was locked out again but couldn't connect to Internet Tried to do a port scan using Nmap. Oh great port 22/23,80,443,21 are all filtered, only port 53 is opened.

7. Now I have learned that the ONU will apply configurations to BTU automatically when a correct ONU password is inserted, all the changes are exactly the reversed

HTTP Enabled > disabled
SSH Enabled > disabled
FTTP Enabled > disabled
Telnet enabled > disabled
may i know how is the onu password looks like? it is alphabet & digits combination or just digits? How many characters? 10 digits in total?
junclj
post Nov 9 2018, 07:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(thankyou @ Nov 9 2018, 02:02 AM)
This is my PON password taken from HG850a configuration.

<PassWord PassWord="0000261296"/>
I got a GPON ONT modem I-240E-Q, I was tried 0000xxxxxx or just key in the 6 digits without 0000 in front in the SLID but both not working.

This GPON has not much settings and is not a TM BTU, I only can edit LOID or SLID inside it. Actually I got a residence voice password but not sure whether this 6 digits password is the ONU password?

I’m not dare to reset my current modem to test it, shopee got selling the same model I-240G-T but the seller rise the price from RM70 to RM210, so expensive.

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 9 2018, 07:40 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:03 PM