Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Huawei HG8240 GPON/EPON FTTH ONU, Alt solution to use non-VLAN Router

views

amirsubhi
post Dec 16 2011, 06:15 PM

The Power Is IN Your Hand!
1,470 posts

Apparently until TR-247 ( http://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/trlist.php ) being finalized and followed by vendor, we can't see interoperability between two different vendor yet for GPON afaik.

Btway thankyou, do you have source to get all-in-one VDSL2 modem over China, as VDSL2 is capable to be serve no matter what equipment TM being used anyway

Added on December 16, 2011, 6:31 pmhttp://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12348258680&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

SIP and WLAN available...

This post has been edited by amirsubhi: Dec 16 2011, 06:31 PM
amirsubhi
post Apr 6 2016, 08:41 AM

1,470 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Apr 5 2016, 11:23 PM)
Hi TS, I got a order job sheet with all the passwords provided my the TM Technician. However, I never access into my BTU. My BTU is Acatel Lucent I240G-T. I am deciding to buy a custom GPON from taobao. First reason is because I can't access to the TM stock BTU. Second reason is, my Unifi advance 30mbps only get 28mbps. I am suspected that my BTU was capped the download speed by the QoS setting.

I am deciding to buy a Huawei HG8240F, this is a GPON ONT, support both SIP and H248. I am now placing order with this product and wait for Taobao forwarder agents to confirm my order at tomorrow. Will this ONT support Unifi? What are the important things I need to do on the settings if I don't have backup from any same model xml?

I need to do more research and set it myself. At least I got a copy of order job sheet with a full list of my Unifi ID password, Hypptv and residential password. I also read through many posts from above to understand that Unifi is support SIP. I was also know that Unifi is a GPON type broadband.
Doesnt work as your current BTU is ALU
amirsubhi
post Apr 6 2016, 11:13 AM

1,470 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Apr 6 2016, 11:03 AM)
I never decide to backup my current BTU xml to restore into that Huawei ONT, I just want to buy a new ONT to try my luck to do my brand new settings. Just price RM150 only not expensive also. If failed to connect then just throw it, nothing lost. I still got my TM BTU there. However, I will try my best to Google everyday until I find a great tutorial to do that Unifi custom setting at one day later.

At least I know that TM BTU was bridged and DHCP disabled. Just like last time I was set my streamyx modem as bridge mode, then I set my D-Link router with streamyx ID/password. I plug my LAN cable to WAN socket at the back of my router. I disable the DHCP of the router to let all my devices connect directly to my modem. My router IP access was blocked, I have to press the reset pin to reset my router to reconnect my router through my PC.
The things is, there are no real universal ONU, so far GPON are locked with their respective vendor,

If you really want to buy and try your luck, search for ALU brand
amirsubhi
post Apr 6 2016, 11:13 AM

1,470 posts

double posted,

This post has been edited by amirsubhi: Apr 6 2016, 11:13 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:35 PM