Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

= Sugar Glider Thread V17 =

views

jaslyn.5268
post Dec 11 2011, 07:40 AM

0 posts

wow.. new thread already.. congrats..

i've just adopted my male suggie named Jimjim on 11/11/11 (add me in the list please).. i've been following this forum for a long time n now i decided to drop some words..

this is just some thought that came through my mind just now.. couldnt sleep after meeting one of my friend who just got her sg just now..

after i bought my first suggie last month, i encountered several friends around me that bought suggie without researching.. juz becuz of the cuteness of suggie n they merely thought that suggie is easy to take care of.. told them about the responsibilities to own a sg but they say they can manage it..

they just listen to the seller that told them that sg is easy to take care of.. juz feed them apple n pellets can alrdy n their main food is the pellets.. when i told my friends about hpw, they dont even know whats that..

one of my friend keep her sg in a hamstercage with all the hamster bedding ready in the cage.. the cage is so SMALL that my 3ft cage is almost 20times the size of her cage.. the shopkeeper even sell her the hamster shampoo n teach her how to bath her sg..

i'm so frusfrated with what i've seen n tried to teach them the right ways.. been telling them to go search the net for some info first.. but they replied me by saying that 'no nid to go find info la, u r here ma.. ur jimjim so hard to take care, u oso can handle.. i can ask u if i dunno anything..'

walau eh.. do u expect me to spoon feed u everything?? even though i'm not pro in keeping sg myself.. but i've been researching up n down the net for 5months before i get my first sg..

after they bought their sg oni they call me n asking for help.. asking why their sg keep on barking?? y their sg so fierce?? y the sg keep on wanna attacking her when she put her hand into the cage?? when i told them to let the sg to get used in their new home for 1 to 2days without disturbing the sg, then oni they say why liddat one?? cant wait to play wif the sg alrdy la.. doh.gif

i reli hope that they'll add in sugar glider into the akta perhilitan.. so that those people who reli loves sg will adopt them n take the efforts to go make license for owning them..

reli reli pekcek wif what i've seen.. tried to advise n show them the right ways but sometimes people will unhappy if we talk too much.. they will think that we're showing off or lansi.. duno wat else can i do.. mad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif

Added on December 11, 2011, 7:48 amNew vet for sg.. Copied from a friend's notes in fb..

Dr Vellayan
*New found but very senior in treating Exotics including Sugar Gliders in Malaysia! With more than 25 years experience under his belt.*

Dr Vellayan can neuter male gliders, give general check ups, deworm and treat general ailments.

10, Jalan L2, Phase 6A Taman Melawati 53100 Kuala Lumpur Tel: 013-6246 918 Tel/Fax: 03-4108 5530

Call to make an appointment as his practise is normally during the night.

This post has been edited by jaslyn.5268: Dec 11 2011, 07:48 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0296sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:00 AM