Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Perodua Alza vs Toyota Avanza

LeVis_Jeans
post Dec 7 2011, 10:36 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Which one better if same 1.5cc and AT, basic spec without abs, airbag etc etc..
Seldom use to travel far. Buy for parent and kid use only.
Perodua Alza OTR price around 60k.
2nd Toyota Avanza price around 50k.
Pening liao...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dawho
post Dec 7 2011, 10:41 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(LeVis_Jeans @ Dec 7 2011, 10:36 AM)
Which one better if same 1.5cc and AT, basic spec without abs, airbag etc etc..
Seldom use to travel far. Buy for parent and kid use only.
Perodua Alza OTR price around 60k.
2nd Toyota Avanza price around 50k.
Pening liao...
go with alza la..new car..plus i think it's a little bit spacious rather than avanza....

anyways...juz my opinion.. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Area51SE
post Dec 7 2011, 11:04 AM

Getting Started

I think go for Alza, New Car > 2nd hand Car. Design looks much better than Avanza. Space is more or less the same especially the 3rd row
+Quote Post
theanswer
post Dec 7 2011, 11:20 AM

Enthusiast

comfort level..alza should be better than avanza.
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Dec 7 2011, 11:23 AM

King of Char Siew!

Exora owns both. tongue.gif

Wait for Exora Turbo...coming VERY SOON...this month.

This post has been edited by Matrix: Dec 7 2011, 11:24 AM
+Quote Post
imperialrealcs
post Dec 7 2011, 11:28 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!

wow, seriously wow! i wonder how many of u actually sat in both car before? especially the 3rd row in alza, my park bench is nicer to sit yo!
besides, from the outside look alone we know avanza is much bigger lo.not to mention the useful 2nd row second vent....
besides, avanza is rear wheel drive, which also means less wear and tar compare to fwd alza. u can google for that.anyway, own avanza for 6 years, besides minor accessories fault, this car is basically bullet proof coz it was driven like a madman most of the time lol.
if u got budget of 60k try opt for newer avanza. i suggest test drive n sit in actual car first which i doubt u have done so.

if given third option,i will allays go for exora lol
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
conan1
post Dec 7 2011, 11:36 AM

Getting Started

exora base line....avanza just okok....
+Quote Post
Aquariusdenz
post Dec 7 2011, 11:57 AM

Regular

Both using same engine. So you can expect the performance. I personally prefer Alza when go for long journey. Less noise and less jumpy. I driven both, this is how i feel.
+Quote Post
s@ni
post Dec 7 2011, 11:59 AM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya

sat in avanza and alza... comfortable but last row not for human 1.. laugh.gif

i still prefer exora tho sweat.gif
+Quote Post
Aquariusdenz
post Dec 7 2011, 12:03 PM

Regular

Exora sure is better due to its roof height. Both Alza and Avanza are so underpower when the car is full. Its a big size myvi i may say. Last row really are not for human, maybe suitable for dogs and cats.
+Quote Post
Area51SE
post Dec 7 2011, 12:07 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Aquariusdenz @ Dec 7 2011, 12:03 PM)
Exora sure is better due to its roof height. Both Alza and Avanza are so underpower when the car is full. Its a big size myvi i may say. Last row really are not for human, maybe suitable for dogs and cats.
Or small kids lol. For adults, Short journey is still ok, Long Journey shocking.gif I can't imagine how uncomfortable you will be LOL
+Quote Post
Aquariusdenz
post Dec 7 2011, 12:12 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Area51SE @ Dec 7 2011, 12:07 PM)
Or small kids lol. For adults, Short journey is still ok, Long Journey  shocking.gif  I can't imagine how uncomfortable you will be LOL
There was once i drove an Alza for a vacation trip, my friends at the last row suffer due to small spaces and aircond hardly blow to last row. For me i dont care much as im the driver. tongue.gif But one thing i care is the lack of power when there are 7 people in the car with your stuffs. Overtake cars from 80km/h also need more than 10 seconds i guess. Didnt really count. Haha
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 7 2011, 12:27 PM

Getting Started

Kangoo. 2005 one cost me 25k last year. 2 airbags, ABS, 4 stars euroNCAP iirc. FC for the auto with 1.4 (underpowered... Vmax just now was 120, lol, but the car wasn't exactly empty) is bad, but the car is affordable and drives well, safe too. Brakes are powerful, steering is light (but not too light), it doesn't lean a lot in corners for such a car. Very good overview when driving, parking is easy (just 4 m long).

Sliding doors are aaaaamazing, and when you use it as a 7 seated there is still space for luggage. It is ok to sit there, I have had adults fight for the 3rd row. Did about 100 km that way and didn't hear complaints, just leg room is a bit lacking, and don't be too big. It's also super tall, but centre of gravity is rather low. Means lots of space if you need it, easy to get into the car to put on the seatbelt for kids or the elderly. Without 3rd row it's like a panel van. Ok, it is... Which means reliable and maintainance is ok.

I love the car, and with the tall size it is very easy to spot in a parking lot.

Resale value is bad, which for an old car that you plan to keep is good.

If you must choose between Alza and Avanza get the Alza. With the Avanza you are just giving donations to they government and Toyota, it is very cheap to produce.

Oh and did I mention that the Kangoo has 3 proper seats in the 2nd row, including 3 point belts, even in the centre?

This post has been edited by kadajawi: Dec 7 2011, 12:35 PM
+Quote Post
theanswer
post Dec 8 2011, 09:49 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Aquariusdenz @ Dec 7 2011, 12:12 PM)
There was once i drove an Alza for a vacation trip, my friends at the last row suffer due to small spaces and aircond hardly blow to last row. For me i dont care much as im the driver.  tongue.gif But one thing i care is the lack of power when there are 7 people in the car with your stuffs. Overtake cars from 80km/h also need more than 10 seconds i guess. Didnt really count. Haha
i like alza..but definite wont use the rear bench seat. just wanna use the rear space as big boot space. hahahah biggrin.gif
avanza might be a bulletproof mpv..but thats depends on ur usage..i'll go for exora rather than avanza. smile.gif
+Quote Post
xshiro
post Dec 8 2011, 10:53 AM

Getting Started

avanza is bumpy...i cant stand it...its suffering when balik kampung time

in this topic i prefer alza...but exora is much better

This post has been edited by xshiro: Dec 8 2011, 10:58 AM
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 8 2011, 11:59 AM

Getting Started

In what sense bumpy? Ride to harsh? I thought it can go turtle...

The Renault Kangoo is a worthy alternative, if the TC SC isn't too far ok and decent, or if you are in KL, there seems to be a good workshop specialized in Renault. But not much going wrong with the car... FC is high, but car costs half as much as the alternatives and it is safer. Especially if you don't drive a lot the FC doesn't matter, and when your parents need a wheel chair it is super practical for that (can be used as a 7 seater and still got room for a wheel chair, without any sweat. Just put it in, upright, done). Seen mods where the driver can drive into the Kangoo with his wheel chair, up to the driver seat. lol.

This post has been edited by kadajawi: Dec 8 2011, 11:59 AM
+Quote Post
LeVis_Jeans
post Dec 8 2011, 03:38 PM

Casual

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Dec 8 2011, 11:59 AM)

The Renault Kangoo is a worthy alternative, if the TC SC isn't too far ok and decent, or if you are in KL, there seems to be a good workshop specialized in Renault. But not much going wrong with the car... FC is high, but car costs half as much as the alternatives and it is safer. Especially if you don't drive a lot the FC doesn't matter, and when your parents need a wheel chair it is super practical for that (can be used as a 7 seater and still got room for a wheel chair, without any sweat. Just put it in, upright, done). Seen mods where the driver can drive into the Kangoo with his wheel chair, up to the driver seat. lol.
Bro, stop promote The Renault Kangoo coz I won take that car (out look problem^^). Sry...

New Proton Exora OTR price how much? Size bigger then Perodua Alza?

This post has been edited by LeVis_Jeans: Dec 8 2011, 03:39 PM
+Quote Post
conan1
post Dec 8 2011, 03:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Dec 8 2011, 11:59 AM)

not to say..but renault spare part gonna cost a bomb...not much outside workshop know how to repair renault engine..
but for semi panel van for company i think its quite practical..i/e tall...

QUOTE(LeVis_Jeans @ Dec 8 2011, 03:38 PM)
Bro, stop promote The Renault Kangoo coz I won take that car (out look problem^^). Sry...
of coarse exora bigger than alza...the lowest price (baseline) gonna cost you rm58k +/- not include
discount end year..not sure..depend on salesperson...well if u hav extra budget..go for medium or highline..
the lack in baseline model such as no aircond ventilation in second row but in third row still hav...basic metal rim..
one airbag...and so on...but maybe u gonna wait for exora cfe turbo...not sure about the price..gonna launch really soon..

snap shot...
user posted image
+Quote Post
alpha0201
post Dec 8 2011, 04:13 PM

¡¡¡llǝʍ ǝuoƃ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ

you can wait for updated Avanza if you fancy the new look...

user posted image
+Quote Post
kimsim
post Dec 8 2011, 04:22 PM

Regular

The new avanza is looks nice, but due to lorry platform and driving as bumping ride.

Better go for alza or Exora.
+Quote Post
LeVis_Jeans
post Dec 8 2011, 04:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(alpha0201 @ Dec 8 2011, 04:13 PM)
you can wait for updated Avanza if you fancy the new look...

user posted image
This new Avanza must be expensive.. It over my budget.
I think will go for Perodua Alza on next year.
+Quote Post
Aquariusdenz
post Dec 8 2011, 04:30 PM

Regular

Did i just saw Nissan Z370 head light on new Advanza???
+Quote Post
mick87
post Dec 8 2011, 05:28 PM

i personally owned alza for almost a year, i can say the the 1st n 2nd rows is very comfortableand spacious dont mention 3rd row which i never use, the front air-cond can reach the 2nd row without any problem, ride more comfortable and stable than avanza, accersories alza got more if u take the premium spec at 64k. Take the premium spec, u will never regret, to me safety features is most important
+Quote Post
Area51SE
post Dec 8 2011, 07:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(LeVis_Jeans @ Dec 8 2011, 03:38 PM)
Exora is obviously bigger than Alza lol. The 3rd Row has more space compared to Avanza / Alza. Price of Exora for Automatic is around 71k for M-Line and 77k for H-Line.

However if you are asking between Avanza or Alza. Alza is a better choice still

This post has been edited by Area51SE: Dec 8 2011, 07:25 PM
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 8 2011, 08:19 PM

Getting Started

Ha, that's what I always think when I see the Avanza. Never ever would I buy that thing, it's hideous and totally lacks character (which even the Multipla has, even if it is a direct descendant of Quasimodo and Frankenstein).

Anyway, Alza, hands down. Avanza is overpriced for what it is. Imagine paying 60k for a Kancil just because there is a Toyota badge on it and they have to pay more tax because of that. At least the Alza was designed for Japan and other non-third world countries and not as the cheapest possible way to get from A to B (I wonder why Toyota didn't make the Avanza a Perodua, and the Alza a Toyota).

+Quote Post
colinwong89
post Dec 8 2011, 10:04 PM

dozing off. zzz.

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Dec 8 2011, 08:19 PM)
Ha, that's what I always think when I see the Avanza. Never ever would I buy that thing, it's hideous and totally lacks character (which even the Multipla has, even if it is a direct descendant of Quasimodo and Frankenstein).

Anyway, Alza, hands down. Avanza is overpriced for what it is. Imagine paying 60k for a Kancil just because there is a Toyota badge on it and they have to pay more tax because of that. At least the Alza was designed for Japan and other non-third world countries and not as the cheapest possible way to get from A to B (I wonder why Toyota didn't make the Avanza a Perodua, and the Alza a Toyota).
Avanza's a cheap people mover, 'nuff said. By looking at where this car is sold, you can already expect its target audience.

My parents own an Avanza 1.3A pre-facelift and I'll say that it's great for bringing your family to dinner or hauling a good amount of groceries back home. Just don't travel far with it - seats aren't comfortable enough for long distance driving, the third row seats are practically reserved for the non-carsick with its bumpy suspension and the car is basically underpowered regardless of driving alone or having 7 people with luggage inside.
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 8 2011, 10:26 PM

Getting Started

I think you can't expect good performance from a 7 seater, unless you go for a VW Touran or something like that, but then you pay a lot more (the entry level diesel never felt underpowered, even when fully loaded (though there are much more powerful engines available), but yeah, different price range).

The Kangoo is also woefully underpowered (the 4 speed auto certainly doesn't help), but the question is if you need the performance. It's always enough to get along nicely in traffic and to keep up with others, you just might have to punish the engine. Funny thing is how the ride actually seems to improve the more you put into the car. biggrin.gif But would you even want to speed in an Avanza?

Trouble with the Avanza (to me) really is the price. It was meant to be a cheap people mover (not a safe people mover), so it should be cheap. But it isn't in Malaysia, so why even consider it? All your money is going towards the government, and not towards the production of the car (the body panels look like they were meant to be cheap to produce, at least the facelift looks a bit more expensive to make).

What irks me about both cars is that there is no proper center seat. No 3 point seat belt, no headrest (wtf?), and it doesn't look comfortable to sit in the center. A certain car the TS doesn't consider has that, so if you want to move around 5 then you can fully make use of the boot. Alza and Avanza to me are 4 seaters/6 seaters.

I'm curious how the Kangoo will perform on a road trip from one end of Malaysia to the other, I expect to burn a lot of fuel smile.gif And no, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm not going to sell our car (only from my cold, dead hands), so I couldn't care less. Just gave another option that many overlook (the design seems to grow on people, btw. I actually like the looks now. I'm probably very weird... biggrin.gif ), and I'm curious why anyone in Malaysia would ever want to buy the Avanza (in Indonesia I can understand it).

This post has been edited by kadajawi: Dec 8 2011, 10:30 PM
+Quote Post
Aquariusdenz
post Dec 8 2011, 11:36 PM

Regular

Well you know, Avanza is smaller version of Unser, Unser is the changing of Toyota pickup body into today's look. They are basically 'transform' from those weird design in Indonesia cars. Many years ago when Unser are not introduce, the similar pre-Unser car by Toyota namely Kijang had been the popular car by Indonesian drive over to Sarawak. I always saw those weird looking cars on the road. Unser, Avanza and Innova are all evolve from Indonesia. They are using what they say lorry platform, thats why its not comfortable. MPV should be like Alza,Exora or Naza Ria style.
+Quote Post
Cls63Amg7
post Dec 9 2011, 12:38 AM

Q7>innova>exora>alza
+Quote Post
masz94
post Dec 9 2011, 01:05 AM

The new avanza really looks like the current landcruiser... Which is hedious....
+Quote Post
kimsim
post Dec 9 2011, 07:16 AM

Regular

Is avanza can be design to use on front wheel drive and made this lower a bit, maybe in future can be great sales.

The deisgn is not like Toyota Rush there is using AWD and much more heavy and using same engine, but perform should be more better than avanza.

For me is no point to get avanza and the better choice I am still prefer on alza or Exora this both cars are using front wheel drive.

If on Innova also same deisgn as avanza just the size space with 2.0L engine with the car weight is diff.
So you seat inside can be feel more difference on avanza.

This post has been edited by kimsim: Dec 9 2011, 07:17 AM
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 9 2011, 01:43 PM

Getting Started

What's wrong with RWD? Unless there is a lot of snow or the car is too powerful it shouldn't be a problem handling wise.
+Quote Post
turbocharged
post Dec 9 2011, 02:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Dec 9 2011, 01:43 PM)
What's wrong with RWD? Unless there is a lot of snow or the car is too powerful it shouldn't be a problem handling wise.
FC higher. more transmission loss.

ok, maybe smaller turning radius.

This post has been edited by turbocharged: Dec 9 2011, 02:12 PM
+Quote Post
Aquariusdenz
post Dec 9 2011, 02:28 PM

Regular

QUOTE(turbocharged @ Dec 9 2011, 02:11 PM)
FC higher. more transmission loss.

ok, maybe smaller turning radius.
Pros of RWD: In lay man term, 'car's legs' can last longer if on rough usage compare to front wheel cars. Smaller turning radius. No issue of broken drive shaft like FWD (maybe you can save a lot for this point). Some say power should be put on the load to get more grip (RWD power on rear side where you load with passengers and stuffs).
+Quote Post
turbocharged
post Dec 9 2011, 02:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Aquariusdenz @ Dec 9 2011, 02:28 PM)
Pros of RWD: In lay man term, 'car's legs' can last longer if on rough usage compare to front wheel cars. Smaller turning radius. No issue of broken drive shaft like FWD (maybe you can save a lot for this point). Some say power should be put on the load to get more grip (RWD power on rear side where you load with passengers and stuffs).
yea, there must be a reason for toyota to use RWD on avanza. after all, they are the one mainstream FWD, lol.
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 9 2011, 03:22 PM

Getting Started

Maybe they wanted to make an Avanza 86?

Mh... maybe it's also the platform the car is based on? If they use a truck... perhaps cheaper to produce, maintain too, but then again BMW only uses RWD (or AWD), it's one of their selling points.
+Quote Post
kimsim
post Dec 9 2011, 03:47 PM

Regular

I know why the car design to be RWD he he
Cause the deisgn is from indonesia, over there have a lots mountain & very bad road surface should be used the RWD for truck power and carry lots of heavy goods to be very useful.

But in m'sia just carry ppl only ha ha
+Quote Post
Aquariusdenz
post Dec 9 2011, 08:00 PM

Regular

QUOTE(kimsim @ Dec 9 2011, 03:47 PM)
I know why the car design to be RWD he he
Cause the deisgn is from indonesia, over there have a lots mountain & very bad road surface should be used the RWD for truck power and carry lots of heavy goods to be very useful.

But in m'sia just carry ppl only ha ha
West M'sia no need use RWD MPV lor.. Here east m'sia baru need RWD MPV if you always bring family go country side or climb rocky mountain.. But when you talk about climb rocky mountain.. i will prefer some big 4x4.. Opps a bit off topic. Anyway if always travel in town and highway, better choose alza over advanza. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ben3085
post Dec 9 2011, 09:36 PM

Group: New Member

Avanza no more in production, my company bought 1 of the last 30 units left.

Avanza body roll higher, Alza 3rd row for kids under 10 ok Avanza feels slightly better, Avanza got double blower also.
+Quote Post
sct
post Dec 10 2011, 01:22 PM

QUOTE(ben3085 @ Dec 9 2011, 10:36 PM)
Avanza no more in production, my company bought 1 of the last 30 units left.

Avanza body roll higher, Alza 3rd row for kids under 10 ok Avanza feels slightly better, Avanza got double blower also.
coming avnza 2ndrow seats slid-able aka Rush, that automatically make it best interior space+flexible seat arrangement. oso d back aircond,crucial 4 cuaca here.too bad over TS budget lio.

If avanza 1st launch is current $ 63~75k,sure not popular as now.but hey,tat time an Toyota 7seater@59k auto fullspec,every competitors face oso green rclxm9.gif
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 10 2011, 01:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sct @ Dec 10 2011, 01:22 PM)
coming avnza 2ndrow seats slid-able aka Rush, that automatically make it best interior space+flexible seat arrangement. oso d back aircond,crucial 4 cuaca here.too bad over TS budget lio.

If avanza 1st launch is current $ 63~75k,sure not popular as now.but hey,tat time an Toyota 7seater@59k auto fullspec,every competitors face oso green  rclxm9.gif
Yeah, I remember, our Kangoo was 70+, the Avanza 60+. When we bought it the Kangoo was 25k and a "comparable" (not really... no safety at all) Avanza like 40k laugh.gif rclxm9.gif Such a good deal. smile.gif And I love driving it every day smile.gif (except for the engine).

I think they had a very low introduction price (how on earth did they manage to do that?!) to establish the car, and in Malaysia I guess if they see there are plenty of them they think it's good (or at least cheap to run cause there are many of them... which is reasonable to assume). Then they could jack up the price to a level now that is totally unreasonable... and people still buy em.
+Quote Post
rikmungmail
post Dec 10 2011, 02:05 PM

Group: New Member

Exora middle seat cannot slide front and back :/
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Dec 11 2011, 11:16 AM

Getting Started

Well, Avanza (1st gen, I don't think TS can afford 2nd gen) doesn't have that feature, Kangoo 1st gen doesn't, Exora doesn't, Alza don't know, but let me guess... no?

Ford Galaxy, VW Touran (IIRC), Toyota Sienta, ... they have it, but they aren't even available, and if they are way too expensive. No need to worry about it then. smile.gif
+Quote Post
cedyy
post Jan 18 2012, 04:36 AM

Casual

QUOTE(xshiro @ Dec 8 2011, 10:53 AM)
avanza is bumpy...i cant stand it...its suffering when balik kampung time

in this topic i prefer alza...but exora is much better
totally agree. avanza is very bumpy, much worse than myvi. alza's ride is the opposite. it's the most comfortable perodua car at the moment.
+Quote Post
kimsim
post Jan 18 2012, 04:59 PM

Regular

How's the final answer?

Alza with daihatsu family or avanza on Toyota?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1114sec    2.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:11 PM