Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kindle Fire Official Thread, Join us now !!!

views

March05
post May 20 2012, 01:19 PM

Certified Lowyat.NUT
2,171 posts

QUOTE(figure8 @ May 20 2012, 11:56 AM)
bluetooth not working in gederom, i'm not sure why....
Bluetooth would be great for me cause I already have a bluetooth GPS receiver. It works nicely on my Android smartphone but is redundant since the phone already has a built in GPS chipset.

GPS tethering unfortunately means that I have to have the smartphone with GPS switched on next to the KF...not good for the phone's battery.

You (gedeROM users, I mean) don't have the UMS not detected problem?

zad78
post May 22 2012, 02:44 AM

Remember... Remember
1,225 posts

Is kindle fire comes with a Bluetooth chip?
March05
post May 22 2012, 01:39 PM

Certified Lowyat.NUT
2,171 posts

zad78, that's what I'm trying to verify from gedeROM users.

Some reports on the internet say that there is an unactivated bluetooth chip (together with the wireless chipset) but officially it's not present. Who knows? Maybe some production batches have it. Depends on luck of the draw. wink.gif
cbsteh
post May 24 2012, 10:59 PM

19 posts

I have two questions:

1) Stylus
Has anyone tried using a stylus on Kindle Fire?
Are all stylus the same?
Is it worth getting one?

2) External battery pack
I am planning to get an external battery pack for my KF but I don't which to choose. My KF charger has these specifications:
DC Output: 5V (1.8A)

I have seen external battery packs with various specs such as
Input: 5V (0.5A)
Output: 5V (1A)
Capacity 2000 mAh

What is capacity? Does it mean the higher the capacity, the longer the battery pack can last?
What is input?
I assume Output means 5V and current 1A, right?

So, what should I look out for my KF battery pack? I don't want a battery pack that underpowers my KF or worse, one that fries my KF with too much power.

Thanks.
March05
post May 26 2012, 11:23 AM

Certified Lowyat.NUT
2,171 posts

cbsteh, battery capacity is a measurement determined by current (in amperes) multiplied by discharge time (in hours). For example, if you are constantly using 200 milliamps, then a 2,000 mAh battery can last 10 hours from FULL charge. If it is stated that the output is 5v (1A)....then it means it can only deliver up to 1,000 milliamps (1A) at best. A 2,000 mAh battery will last 2 hours if it has to keep pushing out 1 amp continuously. All assuming your battery is in perfect working condition, of course.

Input: 5V (0.5A) will indicate your recommended charging current should not exceed 0.5A. If you force higher current rates you risk overheating or damaging the battery.

On the charger's side: the higher the current rate, the faster it will charge the battery (unless the battery itself has a limiting circuit to control charging currents). It will not harm the battery to use a charger with lower current output. However it will take longer to charge your battery to maximum.

KannaSai1
post May 26 2012, 01:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(Xabrius @ Dec 8 2011, 06:57 PM)
Where do I get one? I'm looking for a seller.

Feel free to PM me, thanks.
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2341769

680 0nly..
cbsteh
post May 26 2012, 05:05 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(March05 @ May 26 2012, 11:23 AM)
cbsteh, battery capacity is a measurement determined by current (in amperes) multiplied by discharge time (in hours). For example, if you are constantly using 200 milliamps, then a 2,000 mAh battery can last 10 hours from FULL charge. If it is stated that the output is 5v (1A)....then it means it can only deliver up to 1,000 milliamps (1A) at best. A 2,000 mAh battery will last 2 hours if it has to keep pushing out 1 amp continuously. All assuming your battery is in perfect working condition, of course.

Input: 5V (0.5A) will indicate your recommended charging current should not exceed 0.5A. If you force higher current rates you risk overheating or damaging the battery.

On the charger's side: the higher the current rate, the faster it will charge the battery (unless the battery itself has a limiting circuit to control charging currents). It will not harm the battery to use a charger with lower current output. However it will take longer to charge your battery to maximum.
Thank you for helpful reply. Now I know what to look out for. It's easy when we know what those figures mean!

Just to update you guys: I bought the Adonit Jot Pro stylus for my KF. Works great with fine precision. I got the last one for RM99 from Machines shop at Midvalley.

This post has been edited by cbsteh: May 26 2012, 05:06 PM
xordMeztGeR
post Jun 4 2012, 11:40 PM

satu bintang 5 ringgit!! murah murah!
1,051 posts

is it a good time to get a kindle now? Is there any rumours of Amazon planning to update this model?
chaukeng
post Jun 8 2012, 03:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,295 posts

QUOTE(xordMeztGeR @ Jun 4 2012, 11:40 PM)
is it a good time to get a kindle now? Is there any rumours of Amazon planning to update this model?
Yes.Thr's rumours of an 8 inch and 10inch model.more to the 8 inch one.there were also rumours saying the price of the new kindle will be kept the same by using cheaper component.if u think the current kindle is good enuf for u then i dun see why not.
xordMeztGeR
post Jun 10 2012, 01:05 PM

satu bintang 5 ringgit!! murah murah!
1,051 posts

QUOTE(chaukeng @ Jun 8 2012, 03:31 PM)
Yes.Thr's rumours of an 8 inch and 10inch model.more to the 8 inch one.there were also rumours saying the price of the new kindle will be kept the same by using cheaper component.if u think the current kindle is good enuf for u then i dun see why not.
Well I heard rumors that Google going to release Nexus 7 by the end of this month with price range like Kindle Fire. I guess I'll wait first.
WIS9000
post Jun 20 2012, 11:42 PM

On my way
523 posts

hi,

need some help here. Just own a kf and trying to get those free apps from amazon apps store.. but it keeps asking for a US address / card, so what do i need to make it work? i don't want to waste my prime trial
March05
post Jul 17 2012, 01:41 PM

Certified Lowyat.NUT
2,171 posts

Hi WIS9000, try reading this earlier post http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2137501/+77?hl=Kindle.

Anyone tried Jelly Bean yet?

Looks like Hashcode and lithium76 have put together a couple of working roms. I tried lithium's Project Jandycane ROM and it worked quite flawlessly on my KF. Felt very snappy. But since this is a no frills JB ROM, I have gone back to gedeROM 1.7 because the `True Full Screen' feature on this CM9 ROM is simply addictive. I hope gedemis willl come out with the CM10 equivalent very soon!

uan
post Jul 28 2012, 01:19 PM

On my way
571 posts

Whoa. KF forumer very busy reading ebook eh?

Google now is awesome. It knows wheres my office...
moniqee
post Dec 7 2012, 08:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,860 posts

=) my KF is still awesome... i use da eneloop external battery charger to charge my KF when it runs out of juice... however beware that smaller battery chargers like 2000 may not work as mine are 5000maH that seems to able to boost my KF..
cxjiek
post Feb 23 2014, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

anybody know how to solve ghost touches on kindle fire?

QUOTE(wildrestark @ Feb 13 2013, 05:39 PM)
this is a dying community. i think i'll sell of my kindle fire. let me know if anyone interested to buy mine. still new.
PM best price

10 Pages « < 8 9 10Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:16 AM