Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Maxis Home or Unifi?, Which 1 is better

views

iipohbee
post Dec 8 2011, 12:33 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(farithjb @ Dec 7 2011, 08:08 PM)
Maxis lie you all . 6mbps and more cheap than unifi . But unifi got Hypp tv channel +5mbps 60gb quato and maxis just got 30gb only . This is my opinion .
Maxis will be launching a new IPTV services soon next year.

About the quota, they'll do a "rombakan" of packages that time to equally match of best Unifi's when time comes.

Coverage wise, they have beaten TM to it already because after signing the 10yrs contract with HSBB, Maxis coverage is always more than TM.

Maxis = HSBB coverage + their own built network
TM = HSBB coverage only

Smart eh?

iipohbee
post Dec 9 2011, 03:40 PM

On my way
603 posts

Equipment provided also way higher quality comparable to Singapore ISPs.

If you subscribe to the higher end 10mbps package an above, you get a Technicolor HGW with cordless phone on dock. The cordless phone got color screen with animated weather report LCD screen. (not sure if the function is provided)

Technicolor TG784n - For Business & Lower End Home Users
user posted image

Technicolor TG799vn - For Higher End Home Users
user posted image
iipohbee
post Dec 9 2011, 05:20 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Dec 9 2011, 03:44 PM)
Any feedback from real users using Maxis Fibre?
From experience, no feedback is good review.

Got use the search option.

This post has been edited by iipohbee: Dec 9 2011, 05:22 PM
iipohbee
post Dec 14 2011, 10:15 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Gunnar.MY @ Dec 14 2011, 10:56 AM)
1st time i ever seen a house phone with weather function lol
For people who stay in the buildings all day without windows laugh.gif

That's why you have weather forecast widget from the Weather Channel on your desktop also.
iipohbee
post Dec 15 2011, 11:12 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(coolstore @ Dec 15 2011, 01:02 PM)

but crappy tm unifi router, later time u probably would buy 3rd party router to replace it.

maxis then no 'monopoly' on specific router right? then can use existing router for it.

anyway, all down to line performance & quota such matter.
No, because they rent TM Unifi's network, they are also subjected to similar type settings as Unifi.

So setup is similar but they supply different router brands. ONU(fibre modem) I believe is still the same as Unifi.

iipohbee
post Dec 15 2011, 11:18 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(xiiao2norm @ Dec 15 2011, 11:13 PM)
yes i agree ur opnion!! but astro is powerful than hypptv !! btw i support unifi XD
Admit it. Can you disclose how much TM is paying you to sing their song?

Nowadays their agents are all out desperate for business until willing to accept applications through phone and receive faxed copies of ICs. doh.gif

This post has been edited by iipohbee: Dec 15 2011, 11:18 PM
iipohbee
post Dec 17 2011, 01:40 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(chuahcs79 @ Dec 16 2011, 12:31 AM)
wow, they are THAT DESPERATE ???  shocking.gif
Why not after a gloomy 3Qs of miserable reporting.

Many companies are now trying to make things attractive in the last 4Q reporting so sharholsers won't make noise. If shareholders are not happy with results, the management boards might get firing and probably lose their jobs for not coming up with results.

Expect lots of false reporting and touchups here and there with their reporting..
iipohbee
post Dec 17 2011, 05:34 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(1282009 @ Dec 17 2011, 05:27 PM)
Guys I'm having the same dilemma too. Currently I'm using Streamyx (under company registration) but I need to switch to personal account soon. Should I maintain with Streamyx or switch to Unifi??
With Unifi, I was told that I no longer need to pay for the RM26 monthly rental for the phone. So with the cheapest Unifi package at RM149, it's not much difference when compared to Streamyx (RM88+26) & with better speed & stability + TV channels.
Please choose Unifi over Streamyx if you have both options.No brainer choice and does not even need any evaluation.

Streamyx 4M Plan - RM140
No IPTV, 300kbps upload, unrealiable

For just RM9 more,
You have free cable tv, equal upload speed and higher bandwidth priority.
iipohbee
post Dec 17 2011, 06:31 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Dec 17 2011, 05:46 PM)
Furthermore, MAXIS is riding on TM UNIFI HSBB...u think thy can offer better plan than TM?? TM UNIFI currently don't have cap....MAXIS already definitlely cap. So which do u think is better? Not to mentioned HPPTV and free local land calls.

TM all the way.
Riding on TM Unifi HSBB? That's only the last connection connecting you from the local exchange to your home.

Maxis international connectivity is handled by NTT MSC a Japanese telecom giant.They have also not implemented cap yet just like Unifi.
If they feel they need to compete against TM further next year, they'll extend the free usage without uota it as long as they like.

If you ask me the best ISP so far that claims they don't have cap or speed throtlling is TIME or ASTRO IPTV.Somemore got free 30 hours 50mbps boost.

Added on December 17, 2011, 6:35 pm
QUOTE(1282009 @ Dec 17 2011, 05:41 PM)
Thanks for the quick response. Can I use my existing router (ASUS RT-N12) with Unifi? Is there any other hidden cost besides the RM149 monthly package? I believe there's no monthly phone rental.
This question you can forward to the sifus at the Unifi Thread at Broadband2Broadband User section.

This post has been edited by iipohbee: Dec 17 2011, 06:35 PM
iipohbee
post Dec 17 2011, 07:16 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(izzat80 @ Dec 17 2011, 07:07 PM)
with unifi is safer aso... big company many customers... if got major problem then many ppls complain and can make good pressure change .... if small company...whining all time no one listen...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Truth is I haven't find a perfect ISP in Malaysia who is honest and dependable.

That includes TM or Maxis. Jaring is also joining their ranks while I can't comment on Time because they don't serve my area.
iipohbee
post Dec 20 2011, 05:06 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(coolstore @ Dec 20 2011, 12:06 PM)
let see next year 1/1/2012 after maxis enforce quota limitation rule, unifi do the same or not? if unifi don't enforce it, sure ppl go to unifi loh, lol ...
Don't you think the telcos are playing with the minds of consumers? To get them to sign up early, tie them in before they are imposed with the volume quota?

Anyone of them can implement quotas inside their registration forms but they can choose to extend the FREE use until when they like.

You think Maxis, Jaring or TIME is stupid to make themselves lose out to Unifi in implementing their quotas early? That'll only give them a disadvantage.

So next year they might even extend it as LONG as Unifi retains their NO QUOTA use to go all out in competing. Depending on who meets their targeted aim, Unifi will be at the disadvantage if they continue on adding subscribers but their service quality degrades.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 AM